Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,924 members, 7,952,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths (783 Views)

Nigerian Lady Bags First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Shines In UK University As She Bags Multiple Msc Awards. Photos / 10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2015
Nigerian girl Esther Okade has
been accepted to start her
university degree at the tender
age of ten.
The Walsall youngster is dividing
her time between playing with
her dolls and studying for an
Open University maths degree.
But it should add up to success
for numbers whizz Esther who
became an undergraduate three
weeks ago.
And her little brother Isiah may
potentially follow her – for he is
studying for A-level maths at the
age of six.
Esther’s mother, Efe, who home
schools her, said: “She is doing
so well.
“She took a test recently and
scored 100 per cent.”
Esther completed months of
tests and interviews before being
accepted on to the course. Her
aim is to get a First Class
honours degree in two years and
then set her sights on a PHD.
And eventually Esther, who loves
watching Disney hit Frozen when
she’s not studying, wants to run
her own bank.
Efe said applying to the
university was “an interesting
process because of her age.”
She said: “We even had to talk to
the Vice Chancellor.
“After they interviewed her they
realised that this has been her
idea from the beginning.
“From the age of seven Esther
has wanted to go to university.
“But I was afraid it was too soon.
“She would say, ‘Mum, when am
I starting?’, and go on and on
and on.
“Finally, after three years she
told me, ‘Mum I think it is about
time I started university now.”
Esther applied in August, and
after a phone interview, an essay
and a maths exam, she finally
got the news in December that
she had been accepted onto the
course.
“She was flying,” said Efe. “She
was so happy.”
“She is doing so well. She took a
test recently and scored 100 per
cent.
“Esther talks about running her
own bank one day,” added Efe.
“She has a lot of plans, and talks
a lot about finances.
“She says she wants to be a
millionaire.
“Isiah is following in his sister’s
footsteps. He is doing Calculus
and advanced algebra.
“Even when he was in my tummy
Esther was already teaching
him.”
In 1981 Ruth Lawrence, from
Brighton, became the youngest
person to pass the Oxford exam
at 10 years old.
She graduated in 1985 at the age
of 13 with a first class degree in
Mathematics.
“We had heard about Ruth, but
we felt that it would be better for
Esther to do her course at home.
“Perhaps when she turns 18 she
can go to university with her
peers and get the most out of it.
“But for now we want her to
enjoy her childhood as well as
her maths.”
Wow! Wonderful.

Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by richol(m): 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2015
meanwhile somewhere in nigeria,a man without basic school certificate wants to rule and some gullible people are solidly behind him...solidly behind a fraudster.....GEJ till2019

1 Like

Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by LieDetector(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
Good Nigerians making the country proud since time immemorial. Well done girlie
Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2015
that's good. but ain't it too early? I mean.. 10yrs?
Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 28, 2015
Wow! This girl most be genius then...
Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by justhelp(m): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
richol:
meanwhile somewhere in nigeria,a man without basic school certificate wants to rule and some gullible people are solidly behind him...solidly behind a fraudster.....GEJ till2019

Because he has a qualities of a leader he knows how to handle crisis and manage a country, those are the qualities self acclaimed Phd holder from Otuoke can not exhibit as a leader, that shows us that, to be civilize and lead well you dont have to be educated, and majority of Nigeria educated elite want him as president or how can you explain the current economic situation in Nigeria where 100$ is now 21k without increase in salary cant you see you are the gullible one here, cos some harlot lied about Nigerian economy on paper, fastest growing economy did you feel the impact in your finance, check the prize of PMS in some states about 120/lit.

You are here talking nonsense i dont even think some of you shouting Gej till..... have sense but am very sure some of you are useless, some had collected money hence they stop thinking from their brain but their foot.
foolish saTAN people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by richol(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
justhelp:

Because he has a qualities of a leader he knows how to handle crisis and manage a country, those are the qualities that shows us that, and majority of Nigeria educated elite want him as president or how can you explain the current economic situation in Nigeria where 100$ is now 21k without increase in salary cant you see you are the gullible one here, cos some harlot lied about Nigerian economy on paper, fastest growing economy did you feel the impact in your finance, check the prize of PMS in some states about 120/lit.

You are here talking nonsense i dont even think some of you shouting Gej till..... have sense but am very sure some of you are useless, some had collected money hence they stop thinking from their brain but their foot.
foolish saTAN people
was looking for sensible and logical people to quote...not gullible animals...the same u who sang leaders of tomorrow are the slaves of today,not even shown urself capable all u can do is shout gmb.
Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by justhelp(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
richol:
was looking for sensible and logical people to quote...not gullible animals...the same u who sang leaders of tomorrow are the slaves of today,not even shown urself capable all u can do is shout gmb.
it good you read that kind of post once in while may be you can right your wrong like Gej is trying to do now in the SW you guys forgot that westerner will always be a westerner no matter how much he want to spend to buy our vote the money will be wasted and useless, now the only thing that is sensible to you is to read a post from a nonentity like you, but mind you some collected the money like you did but they never campaign cos they dont want to be part of failure, see if you are from flaties pls dont quote me again because most of you lack political education, you dont know anything about Nigeria political life so borrow sense before you quote me again.
Re: 10yr Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In UK University To Study Maths by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 01, 2015
Pls Mr, dis is nt a quarrel section biko

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Reprinting / VIDEO TUTORIALS REQUEST - E-link Computer College / Thread For Those Sitting For Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.