Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? (13871 Views)

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 7:17am On Mar 01, 2015
jay2pee:

U re right, but what was d name of d church that Jesus attended?
.........Na synagouge den call am na.........na Synagogue BABA dey go na...lol
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 7:18am On Mar 01, 2015
ramalot:

You're aware the person referred to as Jesus was a Jew, and there was no such thing as "Christianity" or the specific "service" you're referring to right? undecided
........hmmmn.......then maybe you should define JEWISM......braaaa
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by ramalot(m): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Finety: 7:21am On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:
Action speaks louder and better than words. Prayers didn't take ebola out of Nigeria, collective efforts of hardworking medical personels and swift response taken by Mrs.Adadevoh did.

Keep talking words to yourself at night and in the morning and expect any serious result, rent a room in church and don't take any ACTION expecting something big will happen.

Serious countries are taking actions and are developping at an astronomical rate, churning out inventions and medical breakthroughs day after day that we Nigerians pay heavy to consume and all what some Nigerians are concerned about is talking to himself a.k.a prayers and wasting productive time in religious houses. SMH

R.u.b.b.i.s.h. You don't need to take it personal bro! Prayer works for those who believe and you are no one to say it doesn't.

From your write up I guess it's safe to conclude you don't pray, so tell us all those things you have achieved and invented that those who pray haven't simply because they were "wasting their time"

Tested and trusted by millions.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2015
ramalot:

For a start, it is called "Judaism," not JEWISM... braaa undecided
........JUDAISM...?.......like JUDAS ISCARIOT?..........lol.....kikikikikikikiki
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by ramalot(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Nobody answers prayers. Stop talking to yourself.

Except that I've seen most of my heart desires get granted even with little or no effort being geared toward such wish.

You still think I should stop praying?
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by penny01502: 7:34am On Mar 01, 2015
Pr0ton:
Those who quote that to defend their not going to church are, in fact, the real Bible-knowing Christians. They utilize their logical reasoning of the words from their holy book.

But since the collection of tithes and offerings is a highly profitable business, your pastor will hide that from you.

To those who might want to raise an objection against my post, have in mind that I posted in the context of "getting prayers answered" and nothing more.
I offer you my two hands sir
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2015
ramalot:

No, like Judaism undecided
........and Guy......no think say i give up because i like ya comment ooo.......am just practising JUDAISM........laffs_in_dutch...
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Adyrin(m): 7:40am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
You need help I swear gan
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kevoh(m): 7:41am On Mar 01, 2015
Finety:

R.u.b.b.i.s.h. You don't need to take it personal bro! Prayer works for those who believe and you are no one to say it doesn't.

Tested and trusted by millions.

Go back and read that post slowly. Read and Read till your indoctrinated religious brain gets the message that only serious action works. Prayer is not eradicating polio in Nigeria and around the world, ACTIONS by people like Bill and Melinda gates are helping to do it.

The bubonic plague a.k.a black death would not have ravaged two-third of Europe back in medieval times if people practiced simple sanitation as cleaning their houses, getting rid of rats and fleas instead of believing that witches and co caused black death and can wish them away with prayers.

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Godsonohaeri: 7:51am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

The fact that u have the word "lucifer" in your username means that you know there is God and Jesus Christ. Because, you see JESUS crushed lucifer's head and triumphed over the powers of darkness. Chose well my beloved friend who you serve; the Almighty conqueror or the eternal loser? wink

To answer the Nairalander question: you don't have to go to church for your prayers to be answered and quite frankly your prayers made anywhere can be answered. We don't even go to church for our prayer to be answered. We go to hear the word of God and be better prepared for another week. Maybe that is why it is called "service" bible says "don't forget the assembly of the saint". Not going to church is not a sin but you may become weak and unserviced so that sin may over-come you. It's like a car engine that goes for a long time without service. It will breakdown no matter whether it is a new or an old car. We need to service the car. Likewise, CHRISTIANs need to go to church to be refreshed spiritually. Do the right thing today. Service your engine. GO TO CHURCH, and be blessed. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 01, 2015
tdayof:
This morning I came up with something on my mind, was actually thinking if it was right tho'
Told my mum to let us have our service @ home and take the offering(s) to beggars..

Am I doing the right thing? lipsrsealed

Yes, you did the Wright thing. The bible said we should give...God will replenish your purse as you give.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by dazzlinglyme: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2015
tdayof:
This morning I came up with something on my mind, was actually thinking if it was right tho'
Told my mum to let us have our service @ home and take the offering(s) to beggars..

nope
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by tdayof(m): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2015
dazzlinglyme:
nope
explain pls.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by jey4all(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2015
God answers prayers
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Finety: 8:40am On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:

Go back and read that post slowly. Read and Read till your indoctrinated religious brain gets the message that only serious action works. Prayer is not eradicating polio in Nigeria and around the world, ACTIONS by people like Bill and Melinda gates are helping to do it.

The bubonic plague a.k.a black death would not have ravaged two-third of Europe back in medieval times if people practiced simple sanitation as cleaning their houses, getting rid of rats and fleas instead of believing that witches and co caused black death and can wish them away with prayers.

This sort of argument is only valid when you find a part of the bible that says pray and don't act, just sleep in your house and expect miracles and money and good life.

Maybe I should ask you how many christains you've met in your life that you ask the question what do you do for a living and they respond by saying "I only pray for a living"

Don't pour your ignorance here, if you choose not to pray it's your choice. Don't come here and start spitting thrash that those that pray are wasting their time.

And again I ask you tell us things you have achieved simply because YOU DONT PRAY.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Except that I've seen most of my heart desires get granted even with little or no effort being geared toward such wish.

You still think I should stop praying?
I can guarantee you an unanswered prayer today. If you were asked to draw up a list of answered and unanswered prayefs, we know which would be longer.

Work hard. Play smart. Prayers are for the weak and feeble. Obey principles.

A simple analogy: a Chi worshipper, Ifa worshipper and an atheist were asked to grow a plant. Whose plant would grow optimally given same soil sample and seed? Would prayer and supplication make anybplant grow quicker, stronger or better?
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Thank God I am a Christian.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2015
Adyrin:

You need help I swear gan
You are helpless.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kevoh(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2015
Finety:

This sort of argument is only valid when you find a part of the bible that says pray and don't act, just sleep in your house and expect miracles and money and good life.

Maybe I should ask you how many christains you've met in your life that you ask the question what do you do for a living and they respond by saying "I only pray for a living"

Don't pour your ignorance here, if you choose not to pray it's your choice. Don't come here and start spitting thrash that those that pray are wasting their time.

And again I ask you tell us things you have achieved simply because YOU DONT PRAY.

I will show you more things Humans have achieved by simply not talking to himself a.k.a praying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2015
Godsonohaeri:

The fact that u have the word "lucifer" in your username means that you know there is God and Jesus Christ. Because, you see JESUS crushed lucifer's head and triumphed over the powers of darkness. Chose well my beloved friend who you serve; the Almighty conqueror or the eternal loser? wink
!
Hahaa. LUCIFER can not be defeated by that Jewish son of a LovePeddler who was killed by 3 nails.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kevoh(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2015
Just an experiment cheesy

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

I can guarantee you an unanswered prayer today. If you were asked to draw up a list of answered and unanswered prayefs, we know which would be longer.

Work hard. Play smart. Prayers are for the weak and feeble. Obey principles.

A simple analogy: a Chi worshipper, Ifa worshipper and an atheist were asked to grow a plant. Whose plant would grow optimally given same soil sample and seed? Would prayer and supplication make anybplant grow quicker, stronger or better?

Young man I'm a pragmatic Christian. I don't fantasize but that doesn't mean I shouldn't exercise faith every now and then.

I've listened to many successful men, and most of them are of the one opinion that before one get to thread the path of greatness he must first learn to believe. Same thing Jesus had to say about having a faith that's as little as the mustard seed.

I believe prayers are effective, so I tend to tap into its power by carrying out the act. Still, that doesn't stop me from working hard and smart.

My signature says it all.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by 1miccza: 9:08am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

No greater doom than the ignorance you are afflicted with.

Eventually you would meet with your creator,i have no words to exchange with you. Good day.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 01, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Young man I'm a pragmatic Christian. I don't fantasize but that doesn't mean I shouldn't exercise faith every now and then.

I've listened to many successful men, and most of them are of the one opinion that before one get to thread the path of greatness he must first learn to believe. Same thing Jesus had to say about having a faith that's as little as the mustard seed.

I believe prayers are effective, so I tend to tap into its power by carrying out the act. Still, that doesn't stop me from working hard and smart.

My signature says it all.
Thers is a difference between believing in one's ability and praying.
As I said earlier, I can guarantee a list of unanswered prayers will be much longer than a list of answered prayers.
Prayer is like NEPA. You grudingly keep paying your bills. Sometimes there's power(answer), other times there isn't. Meanwhile, keep gen running.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Mhizkel(f): 9:14am On Mar 01, 2015
tdayof:

It's right my dear...Givers never lack
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Pamcrest(f): 9:31am On Mar 01, 2015
U don't have to pray in church for God to answer. He hears u anywhere u pray. Just call on Him in spirit and in truth, live right, obey His commands n He will give u more than u ask.
BUT it is important to go to church, even if only once a week. U need to fellowship with God's people, if u belong to d body of Christ. U need to hear His words (yes I know u can read it in d bible) but sermons sometimes give u a fuller understanding than when u read on your own. For us Catholics, u need to receive communion regularly, go for confession, etc. U also need to contribute your time, efforts, talents to develop God's house n propagation of His Gospel. So there are many reasons why u need to go church.
My humble submission
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 01, 2015
what is church
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2015
No u can pray anywhere going to church is to strenghten our faith....but is not a must.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lifestyle Is The Best Way To Evangelise Today. Do You Agree? / Gospel Movies — The New Heaven's Gates And Hell's Flame / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.