Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? (13889 Views)

Has Mr. Seun Osewa Gone To Church Before / When You Try To Leave Church Before Offering Time (Funny Pic) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Revolva(m): 10:16am On Mar 01, 2015
No be by church ooooo church is a social gathering thats all i know grin grin grin grin i even cat remember when last i attended a church self....
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by hensben(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2015
eleojo23:
God is omnipresent. The importance of gathering together is for fellowship. God likes to see his children gathered together and doing things as a body. There is strength that comes with fellowshipping with one another. You get encouraged, challenged and edified.
However, one must not limit his Christian experience to only what he gets from group meetings. One needs to cultivate his own person relationship with God so that he can develop deep roots.
That way he will have something tangible to offer the body (i.e other brethren) when he comes in contact with them.
One's spiritual vitality depends largely on his inner capacity i.e the much he has personally learnt from spending time with God. That is what will keep him going in hard times when no one is around.
Same gathering can transfer evil spirit...bro God is everywhere, tithe, see sowing and offering is the reason church is now everyday activities in Nigeria.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by cr7lomo: 10:30am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Nobody answers prayers. Stop talking to yourself.

If u bliv in Satan , u should automatically bliv God exists
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Immanero: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2015
NOPE. GOING T CHURCH OR WORSHIP CENTER IS A COMMAND FRM GOD. HE SAYS DO NT FORSAKE D GATHERING OF D SAINT.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by ceo003: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2015
DaZion:
Some Youths nowadays are so lazy to go to church because they do quote the bible that "God is everywhere"..
Though, I believed that God is everywhere but Is it important for Christians to go to Church before one's prayer be answer?

Please Brethren, let's discuss, what's your views about this?

with so much poverty in the world and billions of church goers why are there billions of poor people ? church is not the solution . its having sound business ideas . most of the worlds billionaires are not christian and some are atheists .

1 Like

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by ElFenomeno1: 10:43am On Mar 01, 2015
DaZion:
Some Youths nowadays are so lazy to go to church because they do quote the bible that "God is everywhere"..
Though, I believed that God is everywhere but Is it important for Christians to go to Church before one's prayer be answer?

If you have a brain you shouldn't be asking this sort of question
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kingGoldust(m): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Lucifer hi self talking here
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kingGoldust(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Lucifer him self talking here .
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2015
It's not compulsory but it's the icing on the cake so it does have its own benefit attending church regularly.

Prayers get answered virtually everywhere and anywhere.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by datopaper(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2015
No, answering prayer entail faith in Almighty God , not in earthly edifice. You can not achieve it until you conceived it.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by SpencerLewis(m): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2015
DaZion:

The answer is capital NO. Organized religion invented such. Many great Masters, thinkers, inventors and Avatars of Yore never went to church or any worshiping center of their faith and still many attained Cosmic consciousness and illumination.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Emmahunk(m): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2015
DaZion:

God is never mocked" says the Bible, why are we taking the phrase 'before their prayers are answered' in isolation? The question is, " must CHRISTIANS....? Therefore, I ask," who is a Christian? " Most convenient answer is one who tries to live a Christ-like life! This includes, obeying the commandments of God and acting on his word!
Since his word also says, 'forsake ye NOT the gathering of the brethren', then it's obvious that going to church is a MUST for anyone that calls himself /herself a Christian.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Thers is a difference between believing in one's ability and praying.
As I said earlier, I can guarantee a list of unanswered prayers will be much longer than a list of answered prayers.
Prayer is like NEPA. You grudingly keep paying your bills. Sometimes there's power(answer), other times there isn't. Meanwhile, keep gen running.

Fella given that we don't share same religious belief, it would be difficult for us to be on a common ground.

So stick to what works for you whilst I keep my own game on lock.

Gracias.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by ELGREF(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
your username said it all, why cross on your symbol? I think I saw cross on ur logo.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Kunle106(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
The bible says; where two or more are gathered in my name there I am.. So the important of fellowship in church cannot be underestimated
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Solowande(m): 1:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
datbay:
The bible says "Do not forsake the gathering of the blessed".The bible also says "when two or three are gathered in my name, in their midst will I be and bless them".So therefore you can choose your answer from those bible passages whether it is Yes or No.
do d Bible said dat do nt forsake d gathering of d blessed in church? We can gather anywhere and call on d name of lord and he will answer us, not necessarily in church
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kennylawd: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's very simple, Must you go to an Eatery before getting good food. The answer is no. You can eat good food at home or any other place But Eateries will serve good food timely and quality with varieties and in a plush settings. Same with prayers in church too. Church offer a necessary platform for answering prayers because they are meant for such just like Bible says that my house shall be House of prayer. But mind you just like we have good bad and ugly Eateries so also churches as written in book of revelation.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by politicalpastor: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
the way money is preached in church nowadays eh, if you are poor, you will think you are the devils advocate.
i think God is in our heart, and prayers are answered anytime , any day.
if only churches will preach holiness, forgiveness and God the same way they preach about money in church
crime and violence will reduce to the barest minimum .

sammieguze:
No. God answers prayer anywhere and everywhere.

Church activities is for us to strengthen ourselves.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by solayd(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
datbay:
The bible says "Do not forsake the gathering of the blessed".The bible also says "when two or three are gathered in my name, in their midst will I be and bless them".So therefore you can choose your answer from those bible passages whether it is Yes or No.

Totally agree with the word, more so; "iron sharpneth iron"
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
Lordwheez:
You might decide to rule out other weekly church gatherings but I strongly believe....SUNDAYS.....should not be missed.....its sabbath...and must be kept holy.....even Jesus never missed a sunday service.....#quote_me_if_you_wanna..:p HAPPY NEW MONTH Landers ..
Please, I really want to know this. Apart from Jesus going to the synagogue on sabbath days, according to Jewish custom... Is there anywhere in the Bible that suggests that the early Church, Christians used to fellowship on Sunday?
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Finety: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
kevoh:

I will show you more things Humans have achieved by simply not talking to himself a.k.a praying.

You clearly don't wanna open your eyes to see my point. You forgot some scientists are also christains and they do pray.

My argument is are there inventions simply because the inventors didn't pray? As have said you don't pray and fold your arms.

You also failed to explain those things you have personally achieved simply because you don't pray? Will the world be better place if everyone stopped praying?

Mr go and sit down somewhere.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by kevoh(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
Finety:

You clearly don't wanna open your eyes to see my point. You forgot some scientists are also christains and they do pray.

My argument is are there inventions simply because the inventors didn't pray? As have said you don't pray and fold your arms.

You also failed to explain those things you have personally achieved simply because you don't pray? Will the world be better place if everyone stopped praying?

Mr go and sit down somewhere.

I don't talk to myself (pray) simple! I learnt how to speak French without praying. I'm an Engineer today by my hardwork and efforts in the University sans prayer. Let me not go on before it sounds like I'm blowing my trumpet. Now to the picture below, which would you choose if you were a victim? wink

Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by made2fit(f): 4:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
naijaman14:

@OP, if you and everyone reading this really really what to know and live by the truth of your question, read these links provided below:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/diabolical-doctrines/you-must-go-to-church.htm

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/the-true-church.htm

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/counterfeit-christianity.htm

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehoodexposed/diabolical-doctrines/sunday-is-the-sabbath.htm

Get back to us after reading these materials if you and everyone who reads aren't helped, which I believe you will be greatly helped as I have by the Grace of God and enjoying His peace and blessings.

Majority of professing "Christians" in organised and institutional "churches" are in great and strong deception and delusion as well as in HELL(Just don't argue yet. The true Scriptural meaning of Hell is a great gulf different from what's been commonly taught in mainstream Christianity nowadays that have held billions of people in and plagued them with tormenting fear. Read : http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/state-and-fate-of-hell.htm http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/restitution/meaningforever.htm)

May God mercifully help us all.

Olufemi is my first name.
Gone and going through the site. Very challenging, uncommon and thought-provocking articles. God bless you
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Bowwow11(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
It depend on what Ideology you believe in o my brother as for me and my house we will always go to church because even the makes us to know that where two or more people are gathered the lord almighty is in their means so my brother if your is anwered witout going to church plssss carry on o!! Bt if ur life is still the same my bro enter church go pray may God show you his mercies!
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Bowwow11(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2015
It depend on what Ideology you believe in o my brother as for me and my house we will always go to church because even the bible makes us to know that where two or more people are gathered the lord almighty is in their means so my brother if your prayer is anwered witout going to church plssss carry on o!! Bt if ur life is still the same my bro enter church go pray may God show you his mercies!
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by Lordwheez(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
koonbey:
Please, I really want to know this. Apart from Jesus going to the synagogue on sabbath days, according to Jewish custom... Is there anywhere in the Bible that suggests that the early Church, Christians used to fellowship on Sunday?
........the early apostles did.......cos christ initiated it.
Re: Must A Christian Go To Church Before His/ Her Prayers Be Answer? by tunjidj3: 7:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
not untill when you go to church before your prayer being answer but note this always remember to make sunday/ sabat day holy by worship your creator in a place call house of God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Here To Engage Theist God Especially Kingebukasblog / Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video) / Is Jesus Real Or A Myth? A Challenge For Maxindhouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.