Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Danger Of Being An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Danger Of Being An Atheist (3160 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! / Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by onetrack(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2015
The danger is not in any God punishing you because you don't believe in Him, He is too emotionally balanced

Stopped reading right there.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 10:33am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

and if you read my post i said there are no proof,
which means all i need is just a tangible proof
and i will know...
So you that have no proof but still is convinced are you not the one that is
becoming dogmatic?
This is where atheists err, they want to understand God using the intellect. The intellect can only know of that is material, it is a product of the brain with is physical thus can only know what is physical. But God is of a different constituent entirely, it will always remain a mystery for the intellect.
God's existence can only be sensed by the spirit and your belief that nothing spiritual exist blocked your spirit senses. And this is where we're different, with my belief in spirit then my senses are not hindered to sense and this is while I always advice to have at least a thought of what if spirit exist, this simple thought can still make you sense to some degree because you're not completely closing yourself up to the possibility.
You're looking for evidence of the existence of God which your intellect can understand is a futile journey and can never be realized.
Once again I advice harbour the possibility of the existence of spirits then you can start sensing.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by MizMyColi(f): 10:34am On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

The danger is not in believing in God but in the belief that there is no life after death which completely blocks sensing with the spirit.

Well in that case, I reckon that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
For things I can neither prove to self nor others, I keep an open mind.

Last I checked, impossibility is still Nothing.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

And whats ur proof for believing in life after death?

Ask urself assuming their is life after death in what extension will you exist,
in this planet earth our extension is the human body, we have form.
eyes, nose, mouth tongue, hands, feet, brain, lungs and all this are possible
because we have flesh then if their is a conscious soul that exists after
death in what state? in what form or extension will it exist since we all know
all the things i mentioned above are all human traits.??
So when you hear the word spirit what comes to your mind is something not substantial, something just floating around with no form and shape? Spirits are VERY much substantial, they have form, you can hold them, they have weight. So I answered your question already, we exist after death in spirit body which is very substantial just like your physical body is right now to the exist that some people don't even realised they are dead because is just as substantial as your physical body is right now.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well in that case, I reckon that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
For things I can neither prove to self nor others, I keep an open mind.

Last I checked, impossibility is still Nothing.
That is the point OPEN MIND. Even the physical word we can see and touch we can not say emphatically that we have seen and know it all. If microscope wasn't developed who will have known anything about microorganisms even though they're something physical.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2015
onetrack:

Stopped reading right there.
So you belief God punish people for not believing in Him?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:50am On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

This is where atheists err, they want to understand God using the intellect. The intellect can only know of that is material, it is a product of the brain with is physical thus can only know what is physical. But God is of a different constituent entirely, it will always remain a mystery for the intellect.
God's existence can only be sensed by the spirit and your belief that nothing spiritual exist blocked your spirit senses. And this is where we're different, with my belief in spirit then my senses are not hindered to sense and this is while I always advice to have at least a thought of what if spirit exist, this simple thought can still make you sense to some degree because you're not completely closing yourself up to the possibility.
You're looking for evidence of the existence of God which your intellect can understand is a futile journey and can never be realized.
Once again I advice harbour the possibility of the existence of spirits then you can start sensing.
Lolzzz and now take a look at this? The human brain is responsible for our perception and this your belief in spirit is still a product of your brain (Imagination )

You agree they are no evidences or proof for spirits or afterlife yet you are convinced that they exist, are you not kidding your own intellect?

Am still laughing at the notion that one cannot comprehend the spiritual using only human intellect but you are still trying to give me a concept of the spiritual even tho you are yet a human. I wonder how you do it (spiritual brain that controls ur spiritual intellect?) hehehehe am sure you know.you dont have that.

Why should you ask me to blindly believe what their are no proof what so ever? I think you should first get your facts straight..

2 Likes

Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

So when you hear the word spirit what comes to your mind is something not substantial, something just floating around with no form and shape? Spirits are VERY much substantial, they have form, you can hold them, they have weight. So I answered your question already, we exist after death in spirit body which is very substantial just like your physical body is right now to the exist that some people don't even realised they are dead because is just as substantial as your physical body is right now.

Hahahahahahahahahaha and this sums it all up... Am done with you..

This is still the same you that said that the spirit cannot be perceived with human intellect and then here you utter this @bolded

If spirits have form, and have weight then its matter and the last i checked it only takes the human intellect to perceive matter...(why is it we still cannot boast of any evidence for something that substantial.... hmmmm i wonder)

So sir... Go get your facts straight and stop the contradictions..

Here ends our discussion bro..
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Lolzzz and now take a look at this? The human brain is responsible for our perception and this your belief in spirit is still a product of your brain (Imagination )

You agree they are no evidences or proof for spirits or afterlife yet you are convinced that they exist, are you not kidding your own intellect?

Am still laughing at the notion that one cannot comprehend the spiritual using only human intellect but you are still trying to give me a concept of the spiritual even tho you are yet a human. I wonder how you do it (spiritual brain that controls ur spiritual intellect?) hehehehe am sure you know.you dont have that.

Why should you ask me to blindly believe what their are no proof what so ever? I think you should first get your facts straight..
You're quick to say there is no afterlife, when there are proves it exist. For a start read about near death accounts
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 11:02am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

What are you evidences for believing in yahweh then?
Everything around me proves that there is a master planner
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

You're quick to say there is no afterlife, when there are proves it exist. For a start read about near death accounts

Near death accounts you say?

Hallucinations is your proof?

why not give me real death accounts and not near...

btw near death doesnt mean dead..
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 11:06am On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Everything around me proves that there is a master planner

And the same excuss proves to the muslims that their is a master planner which is allah, it proves to the egyptians that their is a master planner osiris, it can prove to me that a master planner is a pink unicorn..... So how is your own the right one?

Btw so all the earth quakes, tsunamis, tonadoes, volcanoes, ebola, famine and all the natural disasters are all product of this master planner.. yes?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by malvisguy212: 11:19am On Mar 01, 2015
MizMyColi:
Op.
What if I don't believe in Sky god. Am I an atheist? I believe in the life giving spirit within.
Am I in danger too?

smiley
you choose to rebel against God, you are risking your eternity.

A Creator God, if He exists, must,
by definition, exist beyond the limits of
the universe in order to have created it.
The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.

Christians are far more likely than
atheists to be part of groups that work
hard to instill values about being good to other people, and having good
relationships. The teachings of the Bible
emphasize values such as honesty, love,
forgiveness, patience, and generosity.
Many of these values are not emphasized in social circles dominated
by atheists.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 11:27am On Mar 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
you choose to rebel against God, you are risking your eternity.

A Creator God, if He exists, must,
by definition, exist beyond the limits of
the universe in order to have created it.
The laws of physics tell us that we cannot make measurements beyond the limits of this universe. Therefore, scientists can conclusively determine that we cannot ever detect God using any of our instruments.
Then how did you get convinced about this your own God (yahweh) from a book? [b] You just stated God (anyone you mean) cannot be detected by an mundane means..
malvisguy212:

by atheists.
2billion christians, 1.8billion muslims, 800million hindus.. mmmmhmmm with the world now? y'all are doing one hell of a job grin
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by malvisguy212: 11:40am On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:
Then how did you get convinced about this your own God (yahweh) from a book?

by atheists.

2billion christians, 1.8billion muslims, 800million hindus.. mmmmhmmm with the world now? y'all are doing one hell of a job grin
the post indicate christians and atheists. There are many reason to believe in God, there things only God could have known in does days, it take scientists long time to discovered it.

Job 38:24 By what way is the light
parted, which scattereth the east wind
upon the earth
?
In the book of Job, Job is asked by a
person calling himself God, a list of
questions intended to show him how
small Job really was in comparison with
the universe around him. This particular
question demands of Job how the light
was parted (by day into night) and how
that light makes the east wind blow.

Now we, today, can answer that question. Job could not. The light causes
the east wind to blow because the dawn
heats the air that has been cooled all
night. As the air cooled, it had contracted until it basically reached an equilibrium.

Then when dawn creeps towards the
horizon it begins to heat the air nearby,
and as this air is heated it expands,
causing a higher pressure than the still-
cool air of the night, which makes the
east wind “blow”.
We know this! God knew this! But NO
ONE ELSE COULD HAVE KNOWN THAT
LIGHT CAUSES WIND! No one in the
entire planet suspected a connection
between light and wind UNTIL around 500 years ago! Until then no one really had the faintest clue how light really worked! Only God could have INSPIRED that section of Job, probably written thirty- five CENTURIES ago!!
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 11:45am On Mar 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
the post indicate christians and atheists. There are many reason to believe in God, there things only God could have known in does days, it take scientists long time to discovered it.

Job 38:24 By what way is the light
parted, which scattereth the east wind
upon the earth
?
In the book of Job, Job is asked by a
person calling himself God, a list of
questions intended to show him how
small Job really was in comparison with
the universe around him. This particular
question demands of Job how the light
was parted (by day into night) and how
that light makes the east wind blow.

Now we, today, can answer that question. Job could not. The light causes
the east wind to blow because the dawn
heats the air that has been cooled all
night. As the air cooled, it had contracted until it basically reached an equilibrium.

Then when dawn creeps towards the
horizon it begins to heat the air nearby,
and as this air is heated it expands,
causing a higher pressure than the still-
cool air of the night, which makes the
east wind “blow”.
We know this! God knew this! But NO
ONE ELSE COULD HAVE KNOWN THAT
LIGHT CAUSES WIND! No one in the
entire planet suspected a connection
between light and wind UNTIL around 500 years ago! Until then no one really had the faintest clue how light really worked! Only God could have INSPIRED that section of Job, probably written thirty- five CENTURIES ago!!

and now he brings the job crap up from no where....a poem that mentioned unicorn, behemoth, satyr, leviathian and many inexistent animals... such fictious knowledge for a supposedly omniscient being.

meanwhile The quran mentions the earth is speherical, i dont see you believing allah cus of it .. grin
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Near death accounts you say?

Hallucinations is your proof?

why not give me real death accounts and not near...

btw near death doesnt mean dead..
Hallucination!!!
When a person in near death experience tells of what he observed out of the body and later confirmed to be so, you call that hallucination and I haven't heard of any hallucination which can be confirmed in reality.
You will remember I said "let first start with near death accounts" this means their is actual account of death experience..Have you ever heard of mediums?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

And the same excuss proves to the muslims that their is a master planner which is allah, it proves to the egyptians that their is a master planner osiris, it can prove to me that a master planner is a pink unicorn..... So how is your own the right one?

Btw so all the earth quakes, tsunamis, tonadoes, volcanoes, ebola, famine and all the natural disasters are all product of this master planner.. yes?
Where and when did I say that my own is the right one?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Where and when did I say that my own is the right one?

You believe yahweh therefore you think its the right one..

Anyway am sorry if you do not think yahweh is the right one tho, if that is the case, then forgive my assertion..
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Hahahahahahahahahaha and this sums it all up... Am done with you..

This is still the same you that said that the spirit cannot be perceived with human intellect and then here you utter this @bolded

If spirits have form, and have weight then its matter and the last i checked it only takes the human intellect to perceive matter...(why is it we still cannot boast of any evidence for something that substantial.... hmmmm i wonder)

So sir... Go get your facts straight and stop the contradictions..

Here ends our discussion bro..
You just showed your complete ignorance and still laughing at it!!!
If you read my posts right you will realize I keep say "spirit body senses" just as your physical body as it senses to be cognizant of it environment so does your spirit body has it own senses to experience it environment. You can not use the senses of your physical body to sense spiritual things, spirit body senses are used. Do you expect to see a spirit with your eyes? You're so ridiculous, people whose spirit eyes are open sees spirit things and are very substantial, so stop laughing at your ignorance
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

You believe yahweh therefore you think its the right one..

Anyway am sorry if you do not think yahweh is the right one tho, if that is the case, then forgive my assertion..
You are an Atheist right?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

Hallucination!!!
When a person in near death experience tells of what he observed out of the body and later confirmed to be so, you call that hallucination and I haven't heard of any hallucination which can be confirmed in reality.
You will remember I said "let first start with near death accounts" this means their is actual account of death experience..Have you ever heard of mediums?

Now check out this desperate attempt to prove a point...

Near deaths are still under study and is said to be a mental awareness or psychological illusion of such patients due to the impending death.

Near death still doesnt mean dead... thats just it..

Now about mediums, have you seen/visited one before?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
You are an Atheist right?

Yeap... so now can you address my above post?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Now check out this desperate attempt to prove a point...

Near deaths are still under study and is said to be a mental awareness or psychological illusion of such patients due to the impending death.

Near death still doesnt mean dead... thats just it..

Now about mediums, have you seen/visited one before?
Prove? am not trying to prove anything here, just stating my views.
Haven't you heard of near death experiences that tells about what surgeons and even relatives are doing during which is perfectly correct?
I haven't seen(in real life) or visited any medium before.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

You just showed your complete ignorance and still laughing at it!!!
If you read my posts right you will realize I keep say "spirit body senses" just as your physical body as it senses to be cognizant of it environment so does your spirit body has it own senses to experience it environment. You can not use the senses of your physical body to sense spiritual things, spirit body senses are used. Do you expect to see a spirit with your eyes? You're so ridiculous, people whose spirit eyes are open sees spirit things and are very substantial, so stop laughing at your ignorance

I still find it funny... Spirit senses? seriously?
Spirit senses in a human... Ok when that your spirit sense, sense a spirit or should i say perceives a spirit how then do you get to know since we know we humans only get to know things as a result of our brains... their nothing we know now that is independent of our brain (intellect) If it has nothing to do with brain then it has nothing to do with humans which means humans cant comprahend it.

I still remember you describing spirits as something that has form and weight (matter) please sir why do we need a spirit sense (whatever that shiit means) to perceive matter?

Am wondering if ignorance have another name...grin
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:

Prove? am not trying to prove anything here, just stating my views.
Haven't you heard of near death experiences that tells about what surgeons and even relatives are doing during which is perfectly correct?
I haven't seen(in real life) or visited any medium before.

Now you come.. I just stated above what near death experience is said to be.. Mental awareness/Psychological illusion of the patient due to the impending death.

Now you just agreed you havent seen or visited a medium before, how did you get to know about medium then?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Yeap... so now can you address my above post?
Maybe......

On the condition that you will stop assuming that I am like the other Christians you know.

Back to what you said about Jehovah being the right God. I have practiced other religions and they all teach that there is a supreme God. Even some Atheists belief so.

BTW, the reason I am replying you is that Christians and Some Atheists have something in common. *Faith*
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Maybe......

On the condition that you will stop assuming that I am like the other Christians you know.

Back to what you said about Jehovah being the right God. I have practiced other religions and they all teach that there is a supreme God. Even some Atheists belief so.

BTW, the reason I am replying you is that Christians and Some Atheists have something in common. *Faith*

@bolded those are agnostics not atheists... learn the difference..

Still your post doesn't seem to iron out how you got to know Yahweh is the right God but i guess i should fashi that...

ok am curious to see where the faith comes in atheism tho (anyway very good you said some)
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by Tallesty1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

@bolded those are agnostics not atheists... learn the difference..

Still your post doesn't seem to iron out how you got to know Yahweh is the right God but i guess i should fashi that...

ok am curious to see where the faith comes in atheism tho
I am not saying you should believe me. You made mention of other religions and their gods and I told you that all of them belief there is a supreme God. That's just an answer to your question, what you do with it is really not my business.grin

@Emboldened. I will tell you but first, how did the earth come into existence?
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
Tallesty1:

@Emboldened. I will tell you but first, how did the earth come into existence?

[size=20] simple answer : I don't know . . . The world was here when i opened my eyes into the world of consciousness, i didnt open my eyes before the world came into existence.. so I DON'T KNOW HOW THE WORLD CAME INTO EXISTENCE[/size]
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by justlove91(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
johnydon22:

I still find it funny... Spirit senses? seriously?
Spirit senses in a human... Ok when that your spirit sense, sense a spirit or should i say perceives a spirit how then do you get to know since we know we humans only get to know things as a result of our brains... their nothing we know now that is independent of our brain (intellect) If it has nothing to do with brain then it has nothing to do with humans which means humans cant comprahend it.

I still remember you describing spirits as something that has form and weight (matter) please sir why do we need a spirit sense (whatever that shiit means) to perceive matter?

Am wondering if ignorance have another name...grin
You're.missing the definition of what human is, human is a spirit in a physical body, man is not the body it is only using the physical body to experience the physical matter.
By the explanation above am sure you will now understand that man don't need spirit senses to perceive physical things that is the work of the physical senses if the spirit senses can perceive perfectly the physical things then he doesn't need the physical body in the first place, I only said we use SPIRIT SENSES TO PERCEIVE SPIRITUAL THINGS, this is what I keep saying yet you keep missing it.
Re: Danger Of Being An Atheist by johnydon22(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
justlove91:
You're.missing the definition of what human is, human is a spirit in a physical body, man is not the body it is only using the physical body to experience the physical matter.
By the explanation above am sure you will now understand that man don't need spirit senses to perceive physical things that is the work of the physical senses if the spirit senses can perceive perfectly the physical things then he doesn't need the physical body in the first place, I only said we use SPIRIT SENSES TO PERCEIVE SPIRITUAL THINGS, this is what I keep saying yet you keep missing it.

Definition of human by the dictionary [size=20] Of or belonging to the species Homo sapiens[/size]
I keep getting it and keep telling you their is no proof or empirical evidence for this your spirit spirit spirit you keep yapping... Just provide me with a tangible proof..

You assertion that man is spirit in a body have just betrayed all your argument cus thats just what you believe in...

Remember you said spirits have form and weight (matter) Am still wondering how you hope to reconcile that with the concept of spirit sense only can perceive spirit... If spirit have form and weight then how can you now say it wont take the human sense to percieve..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easter Quiz For Christians, Test Your Knowledge; Atheists Are Also Welcome / Reincarnation Of Elijah In John The Baptist. / Isn't This World Coming To An End Really Imagine What This Idiot Posted On Faceb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.