Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank (44159 Views)

Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ceejay80s(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
This news no concern me, na nepa be our problem, its getting worse in lagos and nobody cares,we need to protest, even the banker wey dem go sack go wan sidon for heat inside house wey light no dey?

4 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by dont8(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
So no shout of GEJ till eternity on this thread or Temitemi1 and his ilks has been sacked, jobless goons.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by onatisi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
All these theories or formulas doesn't work. The only panacea and antidote for unemployment and poverty is for one to be skilled in practical things and with education on ones side and advantage one will be able to rise above his or her mates. Ppl should seek more knowledge and wisdom as this will make them to be able to survive in any terrain under any difficult situation. Get trained in practical things u can do with ur hands .

5 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by simple250: 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2015
Register with the number 1 sports betting site in Nigeria and get free 200 pin to start predicting,after registering go to sports forum search for 9japredict drop ur user name www.9japredict.com ....Dont just shout a goal
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by oche79: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
kingthreat:
I wish victims of job sacks due to the economic downslide are more of GEJ supporters. Let them enjoy the fruits of who they supported..
what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ceejay80s(m): 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
fajesito:
I cover my loved ones and church members working in the bank with the blood of Jesus, no sack will be your portion in Jesus name. Even if the sack occurs, God will take you a higher ground in Jesus name
Bad prayer...
So the ones that are not ur loved ones and church members should be sacked eh?!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Adesiji77: 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
brownlord:

Defraud the bank and travel to Saudi Arabia or Turkey

You are a very bad guy
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ISBLIAC(m): 1:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
All you need do is to get a big bag enter the vault fill the bag up and disappear.

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Adesiji77: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2015
2n2k:
Why all the noise about banks and bankers. When the economic downturn really reach the floor,

will the civil servants be paid with stones? Won't there be lay-off?
Or if companies cannot import enough raw materials, will they still keep staff at full strength?
Or if government that is major source of construction cannot pay, what happen to construction companies and workers?
Or if workers are not paid for months on end, will traders not feel the impact negatively?

Exactly! You spoke my mind.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by brownlord: 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2015
Adesiji77:

You are a very bad guy

How and why?
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by publicenemy(m): 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2015
Imanuelle:
So i'm dedicating this FTC award to my sweet-choco-choco who's having her birthday today.

I want to remind her, that I love her, and will continue to do so, forever and always till infinity + 1.

I want the world, and Nairaland to be my witnesses as I proclaim from my heart, beyond the edges that my soul can reach, that I, Imanuelle, do hereby, take thee, ********ce, as my one and only, to be my number one and number all, in riches and in health, in love and in all, till and after I come knocking with wine grin.

Love you to sambisa and back.

You are a very big Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by northernigbo101: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
ceejay80s:

Bad prayer...
So the ones that are not ur loved ones and church members should be sacked eh?!!!!
julius berger hav sacked about a 1000 workers & 80 expertrates ships dont offload in lagos again dey run to cotnou naija tarrif is too high my pple situation oduu critical lets send diz guy out & hav a govnment wer hard work gets rewarded.... think change.

3 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by rusher14: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2015
dont8:
So no shout of GEJ till eternity on this thread or Temitemi1 and his ilks has been sacked, jobless goons.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Adesiji77: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
NeilOssai:
No 6. Get a "FAT" loan from the bank. They wont sack u. grin

cheesy

Sounds logical. However, if is a mortgage loan, they won't hesitate to repossess the property.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by 234GT(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
Oga OP, no be only bankers go suffer the economic meltdown o. There is a state government that just slashed salaries by 10%, I can't remember the state now!

Federal and state civil servants will also be retrenched! We are talking about oil going below 50 dollars per barrel! Small and medium scale enterprises who cannot service bank loans will also lay off staff.

Staff of oil companies will also be laid off because of reduced revenue.

Businesses and enterpreneurship that you guys are always recommending will suffer too. You set up a fast food business in a bad economy. Who will patronise you when everybody is busy soaking garri?

Na all man go follow suffer, so pls free bamkers, and not all bankers will be sacked, so aiye pare ti!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by rusher14: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
Recession leads to retrenchment.

Retrenchment leads to depression.

Depression leads to desperation.

Desperation leads to wild considerations.

Wild considerations sometimes lead to crime.

Some type of crime is stealing.

But ordinary stealing is not corruption.

Therefore....

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Adesiji77: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
234GT:
Oga OP, no be only bankers go suffer the economic meltdown o. There is a state government that just slashed salaries by 10%, I can't remember the state now!

Businesses and enterpreneurship that you guys are always recommending will suffer too. You set up a fast food business in a bad economy. Who will patronise you when everybody is busy soaking garri at home?

Na all man go follow suffer, so pls free bankers, and not all bankers will be sacked, so aiye pare ti!

Abi now, we don tire for these 'banker this' 'banker that' stories.

Bankers are not the only ones that will be affected as a result of this economic downturn.

Besides, many banks are still recruiting.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by 234GT(m): 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
Adesiji77:

Abi now, we don tire for these 'banker this' 'banker that' stories.

Bankers are not the only ones that will be affected as a result of this economic downturn.

Besides, many banks are still recruiting.

Tell them Sir! No be only bankers dey suffer for Greece!

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by rusher14: 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
234GT:

Tell them Sir! No be only bankers dey suffer for Greece!

Hey!! Let's break out the champagne.

It's a universal problem.

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by najoke: 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2015
The truth is the country is messed up big time......you be the judge:

I have a family friend who is into pure water business, from day 1 he uses diesel from morning till night to make production, in the past 2-3 weeks the trucks that are to take the finished goods to the buyers are still at the petrol station queuing for fuel, this means a truck that is to go for lets say 3 trips a day will eventually go for 1 trip.
At the end of the month, PHCN will still bring their outrageous bill for service not rendered and workers salaries will be paid .......profit or no profit.....and before i forget the Nylon manufacturer just called that the dollar is now N210 so the cost of Nylon has gone up.

This is just 1 out of the thousands small business entrepreneurs we have in Nigeria.

AND ONE IDIOT WILL COME HERE AND SHOUT GEJ TILL........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by sunkanmivaughan: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's well . Thanks op.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by onatisi(m): 2:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
najoke:
The truth is the country is messed up big time......you be the judge:

I have a family friend who is into pure water business, from day 1 he uses diesel from morning till night to make production, in the past 2-3 weeks the trucks that are to take the finished goods to the buyers are still at the petrol station queuing for fuel, this means a truck that is to go for lets say 3 trips a day will eventually go for 1 trip.
At the end of the month, PHCN will still bring their outrageous bill for service not rendered and workers salaries will be paid .......profit or no profit.....and before i forget the Nylon manufacturer just called that the dollar is now N210 so the cost of Nylon has gone up.

This is just 1 out of the thousands small business entrepreneurs we have in Nigeria.

AND ONE IDIOT WILL COME HERE AND SHOUT GEJ TILL........

GEJ till 2035. Happy viewing
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by mrjolly(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
very risky job, they sack easily
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by paix(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
NeilOssai:
No 6. Get a "FAT" loan from the bank. They wont sack u. grin
Sorry, the management will not grant the loan cos they know what is in the offing.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by boneruns(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
Banks sack, promote, and recruit annually! So what's the fuss?

Eco Bank recently promoted hundreds of staff!

2 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ttmacoy: 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's not the cashiers who are at risk as they are mostly contract staff who are paid peanuts anyway. It's the permanent ones.

myhoodlink:
I begin to wonder how some banks will be able to meet up on attending to customers. Even with 2 - 3 cashers, it is still very strenuous staying on a very long queue, how much more with only one casher. It shall be well by God' grace.

#TeamNeverAgain. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). 24/7 services available. Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by emmykk(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2015
sosanova:
Five things to do
1) Go to the mountain and stay there a weekend
2) Fast n Pray without food n water for 100 days
3) keep praying this prayer point everyday that "every person planing my sack fall down and die"
4)Go to the bar beach, swim to about 2000 metres of the ocean from the beach side and take a spiritual bath
5) Come back and thank me later with all your 3 months salary as a thanksgiving offering or if u don't come back to thank me with a offering na double trouble u dey invite be dat oh
grin grin grin grin grin grin
so 1 idiota actually post this in a public forum.something is wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by paparazzi1987(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
Please when bank re trench,which departments suffer most?
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by franzis(m): 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
go learn 6 month course in entrepreneurship or a vocation and be self employed
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by onatisi(m): 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
paparazzi1987:
Please when bank re trench,which departments suffer most?
CBN
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by NeilOssai(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

if they just dish out loans to every Di ck, Tom and Harry, you won't be wallowing in abject poverty.
THINK
,,...banks grant Concessions to their staff...ask questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why N-Power Is Yet To Pay 30k October Stipend To Beneficiaries? / Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / Corporate Barber In Tie At His Work Place. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.