Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank (44016 Views)

Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Revealed: Practices In Nigerian Banks That Will Shock You / What Nigerian Banks Pay Their Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by SunkyAde: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
boneruns:
Banks sack, promote, and recruit annually! So what's the fuss?

Eco Bank recently promoted hundreds of staff!

Yeah, they also sacked close to 500 staff as well.

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by SunkyAde: 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Just look for a good Network Marketing company and get to work. That's what I did in 2013 when I left banking, today I make 6 figure income, have traveled to countries all expense for vacations and work at my own pace. The business is willable, educative, and no one can SACK you. www.xtraincome.vemma.com
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by paparazzi1987(m): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
onatisi:
CBN

I mean which departments within the bank suffer most during retrenchment.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by lordthree(m): 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2015
afanide:

MOST VALUABLE ADVISE SO FAR.

THIS IS ALSO A LESSON FOR THOSE THAT THINK THEIR JOBS ARE SECURED/PERMANENT WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT OTHER SOURCES TO GENERATE INCOME.

THE BEST BUSINESS THAT FITS INTO THAT CATEGORY IS 'IMPORTATION BUSINESS'.

SOME BANKERS EARN 70-100K PER MONTH WITH ALL THE HELL/STRESS THEY GO THROUGH.

I DO IMPORTATION BUSINESS (in small scale though) AND I CAN BOAST OF BETWEEN 300- 400K EVERY MONTH (interest alone).

THE CHALLENGING PART OF 'IMPORTATION BUSINESS' IS HOW TO SELL YOUR IMPORTED ITEMS. MOST PEOPLE IMPORT THEIR ITEMS, AND DONT KNOW HOW/WHERE TO ADVERTISE THEIR PRODUCTS ONLINE TO COMMAND IMMEDIATE SALES ONLINE/OFFLINE.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, MOST PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY HARDLY MAKE SALES.

I SALE MY IMPORTED ITEMS ON KONGA.COM AND THAT IS WHERE 90% OF MY TOTAL SALE GENERATES FROM MONTHLY.

KONGA.COM IS AN E-COMMERCE WEBSITE IN NIGERIA THAT SALES ALL KIND OF PRODUCTS ONLINE AND HAS OVER 3MILLION 'DAILY' VISITORS WHO GO TO SOURCE/PURCHASE WHATEVER THEY NEED.

YOU CAN IMAGINE LISTING YOUR ITEM ON KONGA.COM FOR BUYERS TO SEE IT AND PATRONISE YOU.

MOST TIMES, I RUN OUT OF ORDERS FROM MY CUSTOMERS. THE DEMAND IT VERY HIGH.

MY GOODS DONT LAST FOR A WEEK ON KONGA.COM. ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS JUST TO UPLOAD THE ITEM/PRODUCT YOU WANT TO SALE WITH PHOTOS AND PRICE, THEN GO TO SLEEP AND WATCH BUYERS KILL YOUR PHONE BATTERY WITH PURCHASE.

PEOPLE THAT IMPORT LARGELY ARE MAKING MILLIONS MOTHLY BY SELLING THEIR ITEMS ON KONGA.COM.

THERE ARE ALOT OF BUYERS ALREADY WAITING FOR YOU TO LIST YOUR ITEM FOR THEM TO BUY. THERE IS NO SELLER ON KONGA.COM THAT WILL TELL YOU HE DOESNT RUN OF GOODS. THE DEMAND IS VERY VERY HIGH AND I AM SURPRISE MY FELLOW IMPORTERS ARE NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS PLATFORM.

I ALSO SALE ON KAYMU, OLX, NAIRALAND FACEBOOK, ETC. AND I WILL SOON JOIN JUMIA.

WHY WOULD I WANT TO WORK IN A BANK/OIL COMPANY? FOR HOW MUCH?

THERE IS NOTHING AS GOOD AS SELF RELIANCE.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE WORKING BUT NEEDS EXTRAL SOURCE OF INCOME, THOSE THAT WANT TO BACK UP THEIR JOBS WITH BUSINESSESS, THOSE THAT ARE TIRED OF THEIR PRESENT JOBS AND WANT TO LEAVE, THOSE THAT ARE ABOUT TO RESIGN, THOSE THAT HAVE RESIGNED ALREADY, HOUSEWIVES, GRADUATES, THOSE WITHOUT JOBS, EVEN STUDENTS/NYSC CORPERS, I WANT TO ASSURE YOU THAT, THERE IS NO HIGH PAYING JOB IN NIGERIA THAT IS AS REWARDING AS IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

IT IS THE BEST BUSINESS/INVESTMENT ANYONE CAN DO WITH EASE.

ALL YOU NEED TO START IS JUST A CAPITAL OF 20K, AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

IF YOU ARE READY AND EAGER TO START IMPORTATION BUSINESS, DONT BOTHER ABOUT HOW TO START THIS BUSINESS, WHERE TO BUY GOOD AND QUALITY ITEMS ONLINE, HOW TO SHIP THEM TO NIGERIA, HOW TO SALE YOUR IMPORTED GOODS WITHING FEW DAYS, etc. I HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY DETAILS/REQUIREMENTS YOU NEED TO START UP YOUR OWN IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

Click on the link below 2015 BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY FOR EVERYONE to get more details cos i cant post it here i have to obey Nairalan Rules.

IF YOU RESIDE IN PORT-HARCOURT, YOU CAN CALL ME SO WE MEET ONE-ON-ONE FOR BETTER EXPLANATION AND GUIDE.

Please Endeavour to visit the link before calling.

Email:afanide.nathaniel@gmail.com

GOODLUCK!!!
importation with the high price of dollar? guy wake up

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by boneruns(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2015
SunkyAde:

Yeah, they also sacked close to 500 staff as well.

Exactly what I'm saying. It happens every year.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ElFenomeno1: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
NeilOssai:
,,...banks grant Concessions to their staff...ask questions.
Yes they do but there is a procedure and aand criteria to meet.
Just because you work in a bank doesn't mean you can get a loan any how

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by barnabas91: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

if they just dish out loans to every Di ck, Tom and Harry, you won't be wallowing in abject poverty.
THINK
u don't understand what that gentle man said. every staff of a bank has maximum privilege to loan money than an outsider. intact they can load money to buy a house, and they will be deducting it from their salary, so tell me, how can such bank sack such a worker when they know he has no other means to pay back than from the salary.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by onatisi(m): 3:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
paparazzi1987:

I mean which departments within the bank suffer most during retrenchment.
retrenchers retrench retrenchees,retrenchees becomes retrenched. So retrenchers,retrenchees and retrenched suffer most. Wettin I dey talk sef !!!
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ElFenomeno1: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2015
barnabas91:

u don't understand what that gentle man said. every staff of a bank has maximum privilege to loan money than an outsider. intact they can load money to buy a house, and they will be deducting it from their salary, so tell me, how can such bank sack such a worker when they know he has no other means to pay back than from the salary.

I get that but your credit worthiness is a key criteria
in the first instance you won't even get a loan unless you are credit worthy
it is not a straight forward ask and recieve thing

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by hardbody: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
I sacked bank job years back. In my non bank financial service area, i have peace of mind and interestingly still on a good pay pack on a comparative basis. I do not need to advise bankers, we are generally trained and equipped to make money and more money through viable investments. This time will also pass.

2 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by afanide: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
lordthree:

importation with the high price of dollar? guy wake up

Are you Aware that people are Still making it big time even at the present rate of Dollar?

In business, the turn-Over is the most Important Factor.

Everyone in Nigeria knows the present situation of the Naira and Smart guys are making it Big now than before in Importation Business while the Dull ones are Complaining.

When Dollar increases, the Prices of commodities must surely increase too so it makes no difference and there is no two ways about that.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by hardbody: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
SunkyAde:
Just look for a good Network Marketing company and get to work. That's what I did in 2013 when I left banking, today I make 6 figure income, have traveled to countries all expense for vacations and work at my own pace. The business is willable, educative, and no one can SACK you. www.xtraincome.vemma.com

6 figure income is below a million. You are surviving

1.000.000. = 7 figure
999.999 = 6 figure

Except of course you mean monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by lonelydora: 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2015
Nice post. But Op, why do you think bankers is worst affected? Do you know how many staffs Shell, Halliburton, Transocean, etc. have already dropped?

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
Fear no dey catch me....my father na king of the universe.... wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Mcowubaba: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2015
NeilOssai:
No 6. Get a "FAT" loan from the bank. They wont sack u. grin
u have a little point, but the can still sack u, nd take back the loan 4rm ur Entitlement/gratuity/pension...
Nd dont 4get u used a collateral to colect the loan cheesy... So....
Nd remember u can't take a loan that is more than ur collateral, so its either way..

2 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by greenhope(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2015
Opportunities looms

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by OLUJOSHINS(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2015
NeilOssai:
grin
NeilOssai:

OLE.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
People like us that just had interview with UBA... what's our fate?? na fire them go fire us nah.....
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2015
It's not just bank, almost all companies in Nigeria are laying off staffs from Nigerian brewery to addax to mtn e.t.c
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
Dis bankers will find dia suit unusually uncomfortable in d comin weeks to com.. Heat evrywhere.. lol.. God go help una o.. One of my banker frend dat left d party som tyms ago said, pple tink u are a big boy wen u work in a bank?? But dey don't know dat, dats where poverty starts.. lol

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by smasher1(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2015
OrangeDream:
Dis bankers will find dia suit unusually uncomfortable in d comin weeks to com.. Heat evrywhere.. lol.. God go help una o.. One of my banker frend dat left d party som tyms ago said, pple tink u are a big boy wen u work in a bank?? But dey don't know dat, dats where poverty starts.. lol

You can say that again. That's where poverty starts.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ollyruffy: 5:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
I think some Nigerians are still saying GEJ till 2019.

They should continue.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by otiigba1(m): 5:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
So now bank staffs are going to pay for some thing that's not their fault with their hard and underpaid jobs, while the people who caused it are enjoying themselves abroad, is very unfair, this can only happen that shit hole called naigeria

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ElFenomeno1: 5:49pm On Mar 01, 2015
Equalizer:
People like us that just had interview with UBA... what's our fate?? na fire them go fire us nah.....

How can they fire you when you have not been hired?
Are you a numbskull?

2 Likes

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by fajesito(m): 6:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
ceejay80s:

Bad prayer...
So the ones that are not ur loved ones and church members should be sacked eh?!!!!
You are entitled to your opinion, all I know is that I prayed I'm which I'm sure you never even did.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by ediko5(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Bankers are used to living a flamboyant lifestyle with their little salary.

that's why most of become fraudstrated after 3 months of unexpected sack.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by 100Cents: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
onatisi:
All these theories or formulas doesn't work. The only panacea and antidote for unemployment and poverty is for one to be skilled in practical things and with education on ones side and advantage one will be able to rise above his or her mates. Ppl should seek more knowledge and wisdom as this will make them to be able to survive in any terrain under any difficult situation. Get trained in practical things u can do with ur hands .

Gaskia..

1 Like

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by 100Cents: 10:03pm On Mar 01, 2015
onatisi:
CBN

Hahaha
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by davide470(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2015
OrangeDream:
Why do you think the heat is as much as you stipulated. Looking at their performances quarterly, they have been doing well, not withstanding the Oil price factor, nor economic situations. CBN had made sure they meet specific Basel requirements, CRR (Composite Risk ratio) and NPL (Non Perfoming Loans). Though they have been exposed to Oil firms seeking loans, but those can be underwritten

You should be more concerned about other sectors; Honeywell Flour FY'14 result recorded a c900million loss YoY (Year on Year)but they didn't sack people as they ought too, same with Nigerian Breweries, Forte Oil, Nestle though the losses were marginal.

So brother, now is the time to actually invest your money in the bank because the interest rates are high and attractive... which technically means banks would be looking for productive and efficient CV's to call for interviews.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by Tattooboy: 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
fajesito:
I cover my loved ones and church members working in the bank with the blood of Jesus, no sack will be your portion in Jesus name. Even if the sack occurs, God will take you a higher ground in Jesus name
somebody like u is gonna claim a good Christian? Imagine ur bias kiind of prayer.
Re: Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank by smartleo(m): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2015
Google63, certainly my friend udeme,the LA Fayette team has truly lost a world class gem,so happy that a better competitor has gotten hold of you,a true great ife....wish you more blissful FTC thread on nairaland.as per your write up,great one guy,thumbs up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name The Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria / Equipment Used By 30 Abia Shoemakers For Training In China (Photos) / Chicken Republic Female Security Officer Dances On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.