Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) (1613 Views)

Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) / Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) / Fayose Can't Escape Impeachment -APC Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by babaniyen1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
1. Economy & Exchange Rate

Its no longer news that Nigeria's currency has been depleting without control. Just when you think its getting stable, you get to hear that the CBN has just devalued the Naira again. As a result of this exchange rate so many business have been destroyed. Several people have also lost there jobs and will still do in the coming days. Definitely this will increase unemployment and hardship on Nigerians.
I was in Lagos last week in my friends office and he closed down two of his businesses and terminated about 7 of his staffs appointment. Another of my friend said they lost over N100M in the past few weeks as a result of the falling exchange rate.

2. Power Supply getting Worse

We keep hearing they are commissioning power plants. We can't see any improvement. Just last week I asked my staff to go and buy a generator for the office since the Inverter can't power the office due to incessant power failure. I also just ordered new batteries for my inverter at home last week. This is Abuja for christ sake. In my home I enjoy at least 23hrs of power supply last year, the question is that are things getting better or worst. Now I can hardly get 3hrs of power daily. I spoke to a friend yesterday who lives in Maitama, they have not had light in the last 24hrs. To add more suffering, he said because of the scarcity they can't even buy fuel to power there generator.

3. South-West Sidelined

Any south westerner that supports GEJ must be living in another world. For the past 6 years, there have been complaints from every quarters that GEJ should do something about SW not being properly represented in this government but he refused to listen. I just wonder who his advisers are.
You can't come few months to election and expect magic to happen. Even if he visits Lagos everyday till election he will still loose, because SW always reason to vote. Also don't forget Osinbajo hails from Ijebu, Ogun State. They will rather vote there son other than Sambo that they don't even know his name.

4. He deserted his Benefactors
If I was GEJ, I will fire Fani Kayode, Okupe and all my other advisers. They have done more harm to him than good. I can remember vividly, OBJ was instrumental to him being president. How can you now sideline such a powerful individual. He forgot too fast that baba doesn't forgive. In as much as OBJ is not perfect, trust me he has his own crowd.

5. Woeful Performance over the last 6 years

In all elections that has ever being held in Nigeria, this has been the most competitive. If an incumbent government has to do so much in campaigning then something is very wrong. In my honest opinion, the only Minister that has performed is Min of Agriculture, and don't forget that this man was nominated by OBJ, the Ebora of OWU himself. He also nominated the Former minister of Foreign affairs, Ambasssador Gbenga Asiru who also did very well as a Minister. GEJ chooses people like koro,Abba moro, Boni Haruna, Adoke instead.

6. Surrounded with sycophants & Unperforming Ministers

One of the greatest mistakes GEJ made is that he took too long before sampling peoples genuine opinion on his popularity in the coming elections. I want to believe Okupe & others would have been misinforming him. I don't understand why a president will choose someone like Alamaisea a special adviser. This person disgraced us not only locally but internationally. This administration also never reshuffled cabinets nor sacked ministers for non performance. The president has shown weakness in using his powers as GCFR. He only uses them on people like Lamido Sanusi & Hon Justice Salami, former President Court of Appeal

7. Desperation & PDP Campaign of hate

I am surprised that people like Fayose keep campaigning for GEJ in a negative manner. You would have expected that there energy is channeled towards showing us the Presidents achievements in the past 6 years but al they do is trailing other aspirants and issuing negative statements. This can't help them in any way. It will only bring more hatred and show desperation.

8. Fuel Scarcity

You won't believe the long queues I saw yesterday. As I speak now I don't even know how I will get to work tomorrow. My driver was at the queue for almost 7hrs yesterday and at the end he didn't get fuel. I now see reasons why many people run out of Nigeria to other countries since the basics are not available. The question is why do we still have fuel scarcity? Its a shame we can't even refine a product we produce.

As it seems now, even if GEJ rigs this election, I still don't see him winning. The North will overwhelm vote for Buhari while 70% of SW will also vote APC. They will also split votes from some states in the east. I have also noticed that people supporting GEJ are either benefiting from his government or they have been paid to campaign for him.

Lastly, let me say, am not a politician nor do I represent any political party . Am just a Nigerian citizen concerned about the state of our beloved country. God bless the FRN and give us a peaceful and fair election. Amen

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by Jesusloveyou: 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2015
Even gej know he can't win,no miracle can do it,except God himself is corrupt,most of my igbo friends agree that is better for election not to hold,or let nigeria break-up,that is why they are all crying for jega to go,or no use of pvc and card readers.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by denko(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
#NEVER AGAIN @APC PROPAGANDA
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by 3yearplan(f): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
SAI BUHARI! Bye-bye to Rada rada! Bye-bye to nonsense. And you didn't even mention corruption yet. And insecurity. There are 10million other reasons

5 Likes

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by WisdomFlakes: 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2015
GEJ and his handlers are too ashamed to run on his record of the past 4 years coz Nigerians are no longer buying their false propaganda as their lives aren't being transformed as promised. The economy is in shambles, bombings every other day, electricity supply is at an all-time low.

It's little wonder that his handlers have now resorted personal attacks on opposition figures. Desperate moves of a hopeless administration.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2015
denko:
dumb people always think obvious things are propaganda,the question I want to ask you is,everything listed is true or not??please use your common sense for at least once....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by omenka(m): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
GEJ and his handlers are too ashamed to run on his record of the past 4 years coz Nigerians are no longer buying their false propaganda as their lives aren't being transformed as promised. The economy is in shambles, bombings every other day, electricity supply is at an all-time low.

It's little wonder that his handlers have now resorted personal attacks on opposition figures. Desperate moves of a hopeless administration.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by babaniyen1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2015
Like you saved the children of Egypt from Pharoah. Save us from the corrupt government Oh Lord

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by bugativeron: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2015
I agree with OP.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by Day169: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
But the handwriting had been on the wall for quite sometime.
Enuff said!

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by blackfase(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Whos responsible for the fuel queues? Its APC!
#Sarcasm
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by 3yearplan(f): 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2015
blackfase:
Whos responsible for the fuel queues? Its APC!
#Sarcasm

Sorry dear, you're not the smartest. I guess APC is also responsible for the lack of electricity, for the exchange rate, for the corruption and for your illiteracy.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by 3yearplan(f): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2015
denko:

Keep quiet there.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by blackfase(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2015
Hey calm down madam. Were it that I didnt spot Sai Buhari in one of ur comments, I wulda taken you for one of those sibblings of lucifer that has destroyed our country. Take a closer look at my comment again & try retract d bile in urs. I purposely hashtagged sarcasm for a reason.
Take it easy.
Sai Buhari.....

Meanwhile anyone interested in the
manufacture of SPEECH BOMBs, do check my
sigi......

3yearplan:

Sorry dear, you're not the smartest. I guess APC is also responsible for the lack of electricity, for the exchange rate, for the corruption and for your illiteracy.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by BodyKiss(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2015
3yearplan:

Lookup the meaning of sarcasm.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) by sammyj: 6:17pm On Mar 01, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

15 Muslim Migrant Allegedly Threw 12 Christians Overboard / Fayose Vows To Lead Opposition Against APC / What Do You Igbos, Yorubas And Hausas Gotta Say About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.