Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,053 members, 7,852,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) (478 Views)

“I Delivered TB Joshua's Message To Jonathan That Saved Nigeria” - Amb Raphael / Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) / Reason Why Jonathan Can't Escape Loosing This Elections (AMB Q) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) by rcspy: 5:39am On Jun 05, 2015
I have discovered the craze for postgraduate studies outside Nigerians. Will I blame Nigerians? I can't blame Nigerians because we don't pay attention to details as much as the whites. They have ensured that attention to details reflects in all what they do including education.

From research Nigeria spends over N1.5 trillion on students studying abroad, the Exam Ethics International, a non-governmental organisation, has said.
The chairman of the group said, annually, Ghana gets N160 billion of Nigerian students’ funds, while Nigerians spend over N80 billion on education in the United Kingdom.
My goodness, how can Ghana and Benin Republic be getting such billions out of Nigeria. This is actually a shame. I also feel sad when I hear the kind of treatment that are being given to our nationals in Britain most especially with their new immigration laws. Will I also blame the Britons? No, Some Nigerians have given the country a bad image and wrong perception about our dear country.

1.5 trillion is almost half of our national budget, if this fund is put into Nigeria in developing our educational system, it will make a huge difference on our economy.

Finally, I wish to suggest a quick solution. I know it may be difficult to get our standard of education to the level of other foreign countries, but while we work on that, I will like to suggest the establishment of satellite campuses of this foreign Universities here in Nigeria. For example, I know a lot of the Universities in England have satellite campus in Malaysia & Dubai.

I therefore call on every Ministry of Education, National Assembly to enact new legislations to make this a reality. I will like to thank all the persons, organisations and the NUC for the establishment of private Universities for 1st degree if not it would have been a different story all together

Lets put our hands together to change this country.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please like to support this call, I need 1000 likes.

AMB Q

1 Like

Re: Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) by HungerBAD: 5:40am On Jun 05, 2015
.n.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Need To Stop Postgraduate Studies Outside Nigeria (AMB Q) by StOla: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2015
I believe there's need to restructure Nigeria's tertiary education before we start to clamour for self patronage.

If I can challenge my results without having any witch-hunting as backlash, if I can get my copy of marked answer sheets for any coursework or exam, if I can be treated as the customer whose views and concerns are deserving of attention, then an aspiring university applicant can venture towards a Nigerian education.

It is my money, and I will spend it where I will be treated with respect.

My school, my fees.

(1) (Reply)

UNN Student Who Trekked For Enugu Governor Rejected At The Govt. House / Don’t Act As Politicians' Domestic Servants – Police IG Warns New Adcs & Csos / Adeboye To Osinbajo, Ambode: Use Your Offices To Change Nigeria’s Bad Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.