Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! (1093 Views)

Is It Love Or Lust??! / Having Sex For The First Time....things No Body Will Tell You / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by laidyy(f): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2015
Love mostly provides pleasure, but as many of us know, that pleasure can come with a heavy price.
It may be more correct to view love not as an emotion, but a state or situation that can produce emotions both positive and negative. Still, that begs the question—what is the natureof this state, and why is it so important to our sense of well-being to have those pleasurable feelings?
In romantic love, your passion is still high as well as your intimacy.
Romantic love equals a mixture of infatuation and attachment. Infatuation is that heady feeling you experience when you’re in the throes of a crush. The attachment piece refers to the desire to bond with another creature,
It's time for you to see how your feelings measure up on the two dimensions of infatuation and attachment. You’ll know, after completing this 20-item test, whether you’re high on one, both, or neither based on comparisons with the numbers.
Rate yourself from 1= strongly disagree to 7= strongly agree and respond according to your current love interest or romantic partner.
1.I stare into the distance when I think of ___.
2.I feel that I can count on __.
3.I get shaky knees when I am near __.
4.I am prepared to share my possessions with __.
5.I would feel lonely without __.
6.My feelings for __ reduce my appetite.
7.My thoughts about __ make it difficult for me to concentrate on something else.
8.__ is the one for me.
9.I am afraid that I will say something wrong when I talk to __.
10.__ knows everything about me.
11.I hope my feelings for __ will never end.
12.I get clammy hands when I am near __.
13.I feel emotionally connected to __.
14.I become tense when I am close to __.
15.__ can reassure me when I am upset.
16.I have a hard time sleepingbecause I am thinking of __.
17.I search for alternate meanings of __’s words.
18.__ is the person who can make me happiest.
19.__ is a part of my plans for the future.
20.I am shy in the presence of __.
Now add up your scores on each set of items:
Set 1: Items 1, 3, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 20
Set 2: Items 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 19
Have you figured out which set reflects which component of romantic love? If your psych radar is turned on, you’ve concluded that Set 1 measures infatuation and Set 2 measures attachment. Now that you’ve totaled your scores, see how you compare with the study’s samples, which consisted of nearly 560 adults ranging from the late teens through the mid-50s, and about 2/3 Female.
If your infatuation score was between about 40 and 45, and was approximately equal to your attachment score, then you’re most like people who were not yet in a romantic relationship with the object of their desire.
So now, looking back at your scores, it’s likely the longer you’ve been involved with your partner, the more likely your infatuation score would dip beyond the midpoint of the 1-7 scale, but your attachment score would be at or near 7. We might conclude that the lower your infatuation score and the higher your attachment, the more likely it is that yours is a love that will endure.
It’s important to distinguish between attachment and infatuation. People in relationships for longer periods of time were lower on infatuation and higher on attachment.
High scores on infatuation werepositivelyrelated to unhappy feelings. Conversely, people with high attachment scores reported lower levels of unhappy feelings.
If you want your relationship to be a happy and enduring one, it’s the attachment component of love that will make this happen.
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by iceberylin(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
We dh fake am wella joor
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by YoshiMaster: 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2015
@laidyy, is that you in your profile pic? You're such a doll!

Gosh, will you marry me?
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by sinaj(f): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2015
na wa o!
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by fedimol: 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Searching4love

DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD!
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by yorex2011: 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2015
Interesting.... Very interesting...
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2015
too long
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2015
Yeah, the current generation is so entrenched in idiocy that they no longer know when they're in love with someone, and will need a _stupid 20 list. . .
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2015
Blackett:
Yeah, the current generation is so entrenched in idiocy that they no longer know when they're in love with someone, and will need a _stupid 20 list. . .

LMAO.....Gawd.....give it a rest would you?!

Calm down buddy ok?
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by malonephill(m): 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2015
Blackett:
this guy no dey tire tongue chia dairis God o
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by cutieberie1(f): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2015
iceberylin:
We dh fake am wella joor

so u hv been fakin evrytin
Re: 20 Questions That Will Tell You If It's Love!!! by iceberylin(m): 6:04pm On Mar 01, 2015
cutieberie1:

so u hv been fakin evrytin
No..
Am generalizing

(1) (Reply)

Should I Give Him A Chance??? / Can Love Exist Without Respect? / Can A Man Love His Wife Too Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.