Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore (9660 Views)

Saraki Bribed Facebook - Omoyele Sowore / Keyamo Replies Ben Murray-Bruce: We Cant Forget PDP 16 Year Misrule In 5 Months / Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2009
he should come back so that you people will lock him up for reporting the truth abi

they clearly have no credible response to sowore's answers
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by fizokey(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2009
@ mikeansy
I rarely do comment on posts on NL but having read your posts, i can't help but wonder how old you are,
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2009
I am 2yrs old

how old are u?

and why are u on nairaland anyway?
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2009
Someone said he was renouncing his Nigerian citizenship in another thread, and I have to agree with him. If these are the people that are supposed to change Nigeria, I guess there aint no hope for the country. Even hope that is yet to be born, is dead.

So, to all you short-minded people, one can only fix the country, if they are in the country? Pray tell, if that is the case, how come 150myn pple haven't fixed the country yet?

You want him to return, so that the next time we read about him, he will either be locked up or dead? Wow, I will not even bother to get angry, it is waste of energy.

I have said it and I will keep saying it, Nigeria will never get better. Maybe in 3020.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2009
lol 3020 grin grin grin

they think sowore will come back so that they will lock him up as they did Jonathan Elendu and Emmanuel Asiwe

This two fellow can no longer obtain their passports to travel because they blogged about Nigeria

The Nigerian SSS is now pre-occupied with trailing internet bloggers

Helloooooo!!!! blogging is the virtual equivalent of talking about politics on the streets or in the markets. And 21st century Nigerian democratic government can't live with people criticising the government on blogs.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 11:40pm On Jan 12, 2009
I have said it and I will keep saying it, Nigeria will never get better. Maybe in 3020.

lol, i guess the year increases every minute. CORRECT? can we auction off naija, it would take less time to do that.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
Mustaphar, I think we should put it on ebay for $1.

Afterall, the people outside can't fix the country. You have to be in the country to fix it. Maybe if we sold it and sold everyone in it, and then imported fresh blood, maybe, just maybe that will fix the country.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2009
eBay ke, thats if we dont get a error message when we try posting it on there. but seriously though, naija's yam (issue) fit make person prefer double-Quintuple by-pass surgery. i no say i no well but heck u know what i means.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2009
I sabi werin you mean. I dey steal my passport o. If you sabi pesin wey wan buy. E get American visa for inside sef.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 11:51pm On Jan 12, 2009
make i help u start thread? all the person has to do i get a valid name change and its theirs. abi u really wan sell am, why not give it for free.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 11:53pm On Jan 12, 2009
I think I should toss it into the fireplace. The wood kuma, refuse to catch fire, maybe the pali go help am.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2009
wait abeg, winter just start. save it for a rainy day, u never know when firewood go finish.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 11:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
Make we leave the thread o.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 12:06am On Jan 13, 2009
WHY, seun go ban me abi person go talk say,"if you dont have anything better to contribute, shut ur mouth"
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Bhola(f): 12:15am On Jan 13, 2009
You sabi the thing my dear. You sabi how people for Naija bin dey think say, na dem know pass. When you no gree with them, u be mumu or u no get better thing to yarn.

Got to confess tho, this place fit make dem fire pesin for work. Na so so laugh. Dem go come now, come dey blow big big grammar. I just they laugh. Nigerians and oppress, abi na impress, maybe na suppress sef. Yeye.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by mustafar1: 12:23am On Jan 13, 2009
abi o, make i comot for work myself. sometimes i read some comments on here and i just,
1. shake my head
2. giggle loud enough for my next door neighbour to hear
3. just ignore and move on
4. simply think of ur year 3020 option

hehehe
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by eleven(m): 12:30am On Jan 13, 2009
The issue is getting more interesting. Sowore has said his part and one can see if true that he did not travel to US on medical ground though he has a right to because of our messed up health system. The implication of this impacts negatively on Keyamo's integrity for accusing Sowore without facts (something he claims in his letter as basis for his actions) of travelling out of Nigeria on medical ground and on an earlier date as claimed by him.

Keyamo would have to really understand Sowore's letter to reply otherwise he would shot himself in the foot badly. He has a lot to loose so he has to be careful. His first response was poor, full of dodgery tactics, indirect blackmail, running from the actual issue which unfortunately have opened him up to further attacks.

The challenge to undo himself is high, higher now with Sowore's mail punching holes in his response, his career might likely be affected as it is currently being put to test publicly. I admire his courage, the guy has got guts.

Lets wait another one week to hear from Keyamo because I don't expect him to rush a reply, it won't do him any good, he should take time and dissect the letter well before attempting to reply.

Sowore is currently leading 1-0 by my accessment till we hear from Keyamo. Nice night!
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Abeem(m): 7:06am On Jan 13, 2009
What else can I say? Sowore has taken Keyamo to the cleaners and whatever reputation/integrity that is left with him has been shattered completely.

That money is the root of all evil is indeed a truthful saying. Look at how a once promising career is falling like a pack of cards! I do not think Keyamo bargained for this - his reply was more of buck passing, chasing shadows instead of addressing the substance of Sowore's e-mail. Sowore's reply was more mature, credible and straight to the point.

The matter is back at the court of public opinion for arbitration. I for one, as an unbiased arbiter, think very highly of Sowore as more trustworthy than Keyamo in this matter especially with the avalanche of information presented by him.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On Jan 13, 2009
Are you guys serious?!

What exactly did Sowore prove? keyamo asked for evidence against Waziri et al, and all sowore could do is churn out circumstantial evidence.

for example

(a) The secret letter from the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa sent to Mr. James Ibori's lawyers, which included outright lies about his status was provided by SaharaReporters and carried by The Punch newspapers.
Outright lies, maybe. but if he's to be on trial for corruption, there should be evidence of corrupt dealings, not 'lies'.

(b) The letter from the Attorney General and Minister of Justice Mr. Michael Aondoakaa addressed to the French authorities to exonerate former Minister of Petroleum Resources under General Sani Abacha, Mr. Dan Etete was again provided by SaharaReporters. This letter was written after Mr. Aondoakaa received a hefty bribe and was aimed at convincing the French authorities that Etete was innocent on the Nigerian side. This letter was duly ignored by the French court that later sentenced the former minister to jail in absentia.
Yes. There's a letter. They have that. But where's the proof that Aondaaka received bribes from Dan Etete to write the letter?

(c) A report detailing how the minister purchased a house -23 David Bamigboye Street, at the Apo Legislative Quarters, Abuja worth N110 million from a former member of the House of Representatives Mr. Kayode Amusan from Ogun State. Though he explained it away as belonging to his cousin, a certain Mr. Robert Orhya; yet up till now, Mr. Aondoakaa has staunchly ignored our challenge that he produces the title and documentations in the name of the said Mr. Robert Orhya or cause the latter to do same to support his claim.
'staunchly ignoring a challenge' cannot be construed as proof of corruption in a court of law. This is why Saharareporters and Nigerians should fight for the FoI bill to be passed so such documents are readily available.

(d) A memo written to the Nigerian Law Reform Commission requesting N1.1 million. This amount was requested from each department of the Ministry of Justice for a mere press conference.
At best this is an allegation of profligacy.

(f) Mr. Aondoakaa’s curious stoppage of the prosecution of businessman Jimoh Ibrahim on forgery charges even where the EFCC had claimed it had a watertight case against him complete with solid evidence.
LMFAO. Since when did 'curious stoppage' become compelling evidence? Show proof that Jimoh Ibrahim provided a bribe to Aondaaka and that becomes hard evidence.

Look, my point is simple. Keyamo is a lawyer and he needs compelling evidence to pursue any case to a logical conclusion. Sowore needs to focus more on providing hard evidence to back up his claim so these corrupt people can be nailed to the wall!
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by texazzpete(m): 7:50am On Jan 13, 2009
My Stand

In the past few months Keyamo has been the most vocal Nigerian anti-corruption activist. Who can forget the stormy session he had in the House of Reps over the car purchase scam? As we speak, investigations are still underway.

Last year showed discerning Nigerians that Saharareporters was not to be trusted. They claimed to have impeccable information claiming that the missing Beechcraft plane was actually diverted to a neighbouring country by an ex-governor to carry his loot. This report put the families of the missing pilot and air crew in serious grief and trauma.
That is, until the plane and the bodies of the pilot and stewardess were found.
Until i see compelling, hard evidence from Saharareporters et al, i will now take their exposes with a grain of salt.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2009
I read the letter from Sowore and also went through the response by Keyamo. One fact was obvious, while the former was aimed at resolving unclear issues, the letter was a pure attack on an individual's personalty. The letter from Keyamo reaveled the kind of person, this quack activitist really is.

What has medical records got to do with the issues at hand?

What has having no job before travelling out got to do with the issues on ground?

What has soliciting for fund for medical treatment got to do with the matter being discussed?

Am quite disappointed at the guy, well it only goes to show that there is no saint in the Nigerian society. I have also learnt a very important lesson fom this whole story - "Never hold the bull by the horn, when some else is milking it". And this would be my watch word, as long as i remain in this country. God help us all.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by jaso1(m): 11:36am On Jan 13, 2009
I believe those with effective reasoning will not hesitate to boldly tell Kiyamo not to ever parade himself as human right activist. Nigerians knows those who covered there initial plan for what they pretend to be pursuing. we are aware the impact of wealth on betrayal of human endeavour. the tactics by fake activist  for money lucre were known to us. no be today! Please ask where they end Bankole issues? Sowore mentioned almost 10 different occasions that led to his arrest for pursuing the right of the people when Nigerians almost answer alien in there father land  during military era  no one see that as great. A bastard quickly forget the says: he who fight and run leave to fight another day. Here in Nigeria you will be expected to fight and die while those that directly most affected stay stoic anticipating Shineke intervetion at the expense of villain  which will never be appreciated.
Nigerians wake up from slumber.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by debosky(m): 10:30pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sowore has cleared up his antecedents - fair play to him.

Now to the allegations he made - where are the 'emails and correspondences' that Keyamo said he was going to use Sahara 'Reports' to 'prosecute'? That is simply conjecture as well - he's doing the same thing he accused Keyamo of doing.

In that regard, the 'point scoring' by both of them is irrelevant.

Sowore is not a lawyer - if Keyamo feels a case is not compelling enough to prosecute, he is making a judgment call based on his reading of the law. If Sowore feels the case is so compelling, why must it be Keyamo to prosecute? Is he the only lawyer in Nigeria??

What I find most laughable is the assertion that because he is prosecuting for EFCC he is essentially 'working for the government'?? Prosecuting cases, some of them free of charge, is a public service Keyamo is rendering, given his already comfortable status, he doesn't need to run after government patronage in 2009 to become established.

Keyamo who is chasing house of reps, PEF and other issues cannot be said to be keeping silent over atrocities in this government. The fact that he has not 'condemned' crazy conjecture by Sowore does not eliminate that in any way.

Sowore cannot constitute himself into the person who determines what cases deserve prosecution or commentary by Keyamo. Allegations in the press are easy to make, whether it will stand up in court is another matter.

He's claiming to have 'exposed' many cases - is the 'exposure' of yar'adua's death included as well? His credibility is still in doubt - publishing such a story with no factual confirmation shows he is very prone to external influences and doesn't always 'investigate' as much as he claims.

I repeat - Keyamo is not the sworn prosecutor of all wrong in Nigeria, as Sowore claims to be - he is holding his opinion, which he has the right to, and if for some reason he is not convinced of the matter, then by all means let others pick up and prosecute.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Jakoko(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
Debosky-According to the link attached, SR never reported that Yar'adua was dead. So , this is a blatant lie you have repeated too many times already!

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=38629
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by eleven(m): 10:11am On Jan 14, 2009
debosky:

He's claiming to have 'exposed' many cases - is the 'exposure' of yar'adua's death included as well? His credibility is still in doubt - publishing such a story with no factual confirmation shows he is very prone to external influences and doesn't always 'investigate' as much as he claims.

SaharaReporters never reported that. Please back up your allegation with the source link evidence.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by JustGood(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2009
I like the fact that Sowore responded in this manner. I feel that Keyamo may also be constrained to respond but my opinion is that the continuation of these exchanges will do no good.

They both need to sit down and examine the ways they see things. Sowore considers issues from a journalistic point of reporting whereas Keyamo is a lawyer who works on evidences and not just allegations. You cant get convictions without evidences, especially against such powerful people in Nigeria.

In all, they are both noise makers who like to be relevant but they have used their noises to cultivate relevance and relative wealth so we expect them to start doing better things for ordinary people.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by lucabrasi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2009
@chidichris
im rising up to your challenge and i want you to show me the portion he addressed or justified the reasons he has maintained "a stoic silence" on issues concerning efcc and corruption since he became a private consultqant, dont forget that we are not only relying on sowore's assertion but what we can see, gani fawehinmi who is on an hospital bed in far away london is still more active than keyamo has been,im presuming you ll ask me the question
why should keyamo or why must keyamo spear head every anti corruption crusade or comment on them?
well the answer is that,he "made his bones"like the mafia would say or built his career on the back of being an anti corruption crusader and made a lot of money like he has admitted so its his duty to uphold the trust the average nigerian has in him.

if you check most lawyers in the western world who are high fliers,a particular case or litigation helped them to make a name and build a career,that is simply what the likes of keyamo and co are using us for, is keyamo beyyer than the charge and bail lawyers drinking pure water and groundnut on the grounds of our various courts??
no he isnt,he made his name and built his career on the premise that he is an anti corruption crusader,same as ozhekome,even gani fawehinmi e.t.c so its not a rpiviledge when we r calling him to question on his silence on salient issues as for people saying he broke the police equipment fund and national assembley scandal the answer i have for you is "SET UP"

keyamo was used by bankole and co's opponents,they gave him the necessary ammunitions to cause the whole scandal,while im not saying bankole was innocent,im saying kayamo and his sponsors are as bad, its a situation of rub my back and ill rub yours, i keep up my reputation as an anti corruption crusader,more international and national mouth watering cases and you get the confusion you want, remember the allegations of ten million and a jeep is still hanging over his head like a sword of damocles, theres no smoke without fire,
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by BOSS7: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2009
debosky:

He's claiming to have 'exposed' many cases - is the 'exposure' of yar'adua's death included as well?
I repeat - Keyamo is not the sworn prosecutor of all wrong in Nigeria, as Sowore claims to be - he is holding his

@ Debosky,
Could you please tell us the source of your claim?

Thanks, we're patiently waiting.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by debosky(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2009
Blatant lie? grin

No it's not - deleting articles from online web pages is hardly rocket science. It's been over 6 months since the story of Yardie's death were circulated - one simple click is sufficient to delete the information and claim they didn't 'publish the story'. I did see it on Sahara's website and I maintain that claim.
Sahara's website has been revamped recently, and old stories would have been cleared, so it would be difficult to produce 'link evidence' as you clamour for. That is an aside anyways.

I personally doubt the credibility of Sahara's reports - they are prone to excessive sensationalism and crass misstatements in an attempt to justify/give credibility to their 'exposes'.

The veracity of the stories are questionable - Sahara goes out and says Yar'adua was looking for marabouts in Saudi to heal him, makes claims of corruption against supreme court justices that cannot be proven or backed up with evidence shocked grin

If you believe his stories hook line and sinker, good, but I don't - I won't throw away objectivity on this matter.

Defenders of Sowore with only 5 posts are emerging. cheesy Carry on.

The principal matter is this - what right/credibility does Sowore have to 'demand' Keyamo to comment on specific issues? Is Keyamo sworn to pursue the agenda of saharareporters? Let each party make their contribution. To attempt to rubbish Keyamo simply because he is prosecuting corrupt politicians on behalf of the EFCC is grasping at straws at best.

Sowore has access to records on Igbinedion's homes abroad and Alam's dealings in Dubai, but are not able to investigate whether Ribadu has a house in Dubai? cheesy

This is not even about Ribadu to me - Sowore is being selective in his 'exposes', so he cannot accuse someone else of something he is guilty of. Why hasn't he revealed the fraud in my local government in Osun state? grin Does the fact that Sowore hasn't done that mean he is maintaining a 'stoic silence'? cheesy
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Jakoko(m): 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2009
Debosky - You are perfectly within your right to doubt the credibility of Sahara Reports or even CNN. The issue you are confronted with here is as simple as this, this attachment by a British Press Gazette
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=38629 has said that Saharareporters did not report that Yar'adua had died as you posited severally in your blatant lies against the medium. It is your credibility that is at stake here. Every other explanation about why you don't think the earth is round is immaterial to this. To prove this wrong you ought to be able to provide evidence that SR did actually report that Yar'dy was dead, since this publication attributed that piece of news to Elendureports.. Even if they are revamping their site, you can find Google cache of popular stories such as this by doing a google search. I am still waiting , very patiently and selectively for this piece of evidence from you. Don't get upset please, do your home work, perhaps mother luck would smile on you.
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2009
debosky saharareporters did not report Yar'adua's death

Elendu Reports and Leadership newspaper did

as at then Saharareporters was at its infantry

while Omoyele Sowore was a contributor to Elendureports before then, there is no proof that he actually wrote this particular news
Re: Festus Keyamo Replies Omoyele Sowore by BOSS7: 7:44pm On Jan 14, 2009
Jakoko:

Debosky - You are perfectly within your right to doubt the credibility of Sahara Reports or even CNN. The issue you are confronted with here is as simple as this, this attachment by a British Press Gazette
http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=38629 has said that Saharareporters did not report that Yar'adua had died as you posited severally in your blatant lies against the medium. It is your credibility that is at stake here. Every other explanation about why you don't think the earth is round is immaterial to this. To prove this wrong you ought to be able to provide evidence that SR did actually report that Yar'dy was dead, since this publication attributed that piece of news to Elendureports.. Even if they are revamping their site, you can find Google cache of popular stories such as this by doing a google search. I am still waiting , very patiently and selectively for this piece of evidence from you. Don't get upset please, do your home work, perhaps mother luck would smile on you.
Now Debosky is being pushed to the wall.

@ Debosky, kuku accept that that one no be fact now and let's move on.

hehehe grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibb Endorses Ribadu For President / Atiku's Political Adviser Escalates His Attack On Wole Soyinka / How NNPC Is Colliding With Swiss Traders To Steal Nigeria’s Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.