Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him (980 Views)

Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." / Some Goodluck Jonathan's Picture's That Define Nigerian Politicians / Some Funny Buhari Quotes You Won't Forget In A Hurry (strictly For PDP Fans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by betacitizen(m): 1:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Notable Quotes From GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI

“Christian and Muslim, Southern and Northern, rich and poor, young and old, man and woman. We are all citizens of Nigeria. There is no dividing line among us that I care to honour. Either we advance as one or fail altogether."

"Shall we at home continue to live in a condition where the Power Holding Company and its successors seem only to have the power to hold us in darkness?"

"Shall we live in a nation where several people were trampled to death in search of jobs in a stadium and yet no one has taken responsibility for the tragedy?"

"Shall we live in a nation where the ranks of the poor swell and their poverty increase while the consorts of the powerful enjoy unprecedented wealth?"

"I ask that you join this effort, not for me, but to establish a better land for all of us. I understand and accept the hard challenge ahead. When all is said and done, let it be written that Muhammadu Buhari gave his all for this nation."

"We will choose the best Nigerians for the right jobs. Our government will be committed to the cause of the common man."

"We will strive to attack poverty through broadly-shared economic growth and attacking corruption through impartial application of the law"

"This generation of Nigerians and indeed the future generation have no country other than Nigeria, we shall stay and salvage it together!”

Because of the greed, profligacy and corruption, Nigeria’s ‘wealth’ has not translated to human development.’

"I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future."

‘Two things have boomed in the present administration: waste and corruption.'

‘Because of the greed, profligacy and corruption, Nigeria’s ‘wealth’ has not translated to human development.’

‘I assure you, if I become president, the world will not have to worry about Nigeria as it is now.

On corruption, there will be no confusion as to where I stand. Corruption will have no place and the corrupt will not be appointed into my administration.

We shall institute just policies that afford people the dignity of work and pay them a living wage for their sweat and toil.

"No longer shall illegal flows of massive sums leave these shores to finance other economies. While our people languish in poverty, we effectively give financial aid to nations that is not justified. I am sick of this." It must stop.

God bless Nigeria;
God bless GMB
God bless b€tacitiz€n
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by AnyibestDede(m): 1:25am On Mar 02, 2015
They ll promise u heaven on earth but when they get there, OYO ll be our case. The only truth in every politician mouth is "VOTE 4 ME" in thing before or after that is a big lie
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by Bekwarra(m): 1:41am On Mar 02, 2015
Oniro oshi
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by betacitizen(m): 1:50am On Mar 02, 2015
AnyibestDede:
They ll promise u heaven on earth but when they get there, OYO ll be our case. The only truth in every politician mouth is "VOTE 4 ME" in thing before or after that is a big lie
Bekwarra:
Oniro oshi
If you close your eyes against all lies; you will never see the truth, for in the lies, appears the truth.

Your plight as sincere Nigerians is well understood, I am also a Nigerian and we have all been given all this empty promises. But one thing that should always come to our mind is that many developed countries of today have witnessed this same leadership challenges but due to their citizen's perseverence towards seeing a better nation; they never gave up and their country becomes great.

Germany, China, USA e.t.c. did not get it right at first; but today they are role models.

Let's hope that we shall "one day" get it right. Let's try a new government.

BTW: Before you ask me how much I was paid,
Without any reason to pontificate; I receive=N=0.00 from GMB per month.

All we are clamouring for is a better Nigeria.
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by nnachukz(m): 2:01am On Mar 02, 2015
Op you forgot something. "Fight against boko haram is fight against the North", "banboo and dog will be soaked in blood in PDP rigs the election". "Moslims should vote for fellow moslim" etc.
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by betacitizen(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2015
nnachukz:
Op you forgot something. "Fight against boko haram is fight against the North"
Although, these issues have been raised times without number, it's all propaganda to defame the person of General Muhammadu Buhari.

Now I will take my time to educate you:

Looking at the emergence of the condemnable blood-sucking group, one would think they are just "small" group seeking their share of national cake from the government. (Just like the Naija Delta Militants)

That was perhaps, the reason he made such statement.

But after various terrible events, it was found that the Boko Haram is not one group to be treated with the kid's glove.

And Buhari condemned BokoHaram;
I have created a thread on that already
https://www.nairaland.com/2173748/buhari-boko-haram-fact-here

http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-mindless-bogots-buhari/

Even GEJ made worse statements than that, like saying Boko Haram is in his cabinet; do we now say GEJ knows about BOKO HARAM?

nnachukz:
banboo and dog will be soaked in blood in PDP rigs the election
Buhari never meant there would be "blood" birth as used being used against him by the propagandist.

He used the kare jini biri jinni Hausa proverb, which roughly cuts as ‘the dog and baboon will be soaked in the same blood,’ but is an idiom which means, there will be a real battle- could be legal; could be protests or any other battle, as this is a mere proverbial statement.

In short, when you tell your contender that za a yi kare jini biri jinni, it simply means the battle will be fierce. In the case of Buhari, he was promising his supporters from Niger State that 2015 elections will be fierce; or put in another way, the PDP wIll not have it easy. Simple.

Read more on the idiom here, by Dr. Aliyu Tilde on PremiumTimes: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/5195-buhari_vs_pdp_the_dog_and_the_baboon.html

nnachukz:
"Moslims should vote for fellow moslim" etc.

In June 2001, Sheikh Sidi Attahiru Ibrahim launched his book at a Dan Fodio University event. General Muhammadu Buhari was invited to chair the event, where he spoke ex-tempore.

The controversy began when Ahmed Oyerinde, a long time Sokoto correspondent for ThisDay and other Newspapers, (who was not at the venue of the book launch when Buhari spoke) made up the false quote and reported this as fact in ThisDay.
In the aftermath of his report, the tape of the event was played and no such statement was found there. Oyerinde later confessed to his Editors that he was not at the event and did not hear Buhari say any such thing.

Read full details here
http://factchecki.ng/question/did-buhari-say-muslims-should-only-vote-for-muslim-leaders/

What Next on PDP propaganda?
Buhari does not know his phone number-GEJ (How does this affect power supply?)

Buhari does not know his Vice's name-PDP (How does this affect the value of naira?)

1 Share

Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by Extom(m): 3:09am On Mar 02, 2015
#JonathanUntilTinubuStopsPlayingBuhariLikeAPuppet
undecided
Re: The Definition Of Buhari: Quotes That Define Him by betacitizen(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
The decision to free Nigeria from PDP is in your hands; vote wisely.

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do Or How Will You Feel If You Got This Alert From Your Bank(pix) / Tinubu Vs AIT: Court Grants Tinubu Accelerated Hearing / How N200b, ING Offer To Tinubu By Jonathan, PDP, Babangida, Others Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.