Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar (20133 Views)

Armed Robbers Shot Dead By Police After A Gun Battle In Calabar. Graphic Photos / Enugu Armed Robbers Caught Up In Gun Battle With Police (pics, Video) / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by bastien: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2015
Eyah
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2015
Taylor86:
U
is for umbrella
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by brownlord: 10:01am On Mar 02, 2015
cr7lomo:
How dumb can our police be and why we're they classified as armed robbers

Did they see them with guns ? How untrained can our police force be that a normal citizen disarms u .

Y should he point a gun at someone that is armless?

Definately, it was an accidental discharge as they were arguing and dragging the gun and they do the normal thing by branding them armed robbers.

I believe they did the normal " get out of the car now or I will shoot u for no reason"and it must have infuriated the guy

There was a country . SMH

Right
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by mezebel(f): 10:01am On Mar 02, 2015
Kworuption everywhere!!! The end is near.

Conductor change

Meruwa change

Kazuwa change

= burugarri

GEJ transformation
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Laycan(m): 10:02am On Mar 02, 2015
I no dy like news of policeman witout pics or video oooO
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Mcpadosky(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2015
This world is turning into something else, sad news every day. Nawa for nigeria police
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by SailorXY: 10:04am On Mar 02, 2015
Takim107:
How I wish it was this police man they call YELLOW in my street he stop every single person..openly ask for monkey without shame. Even the keke men will collect 100bucks from you if you are coming back home by 10pm cus policemen are waiting to collect theirs.
around Egbeda area in Lagos?
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by lacicrips(m): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2015
The policeman should be charged with murder.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by tempest01(m): 10:08am On Mar 02, 2015
There are always there sides to a story.... Your side, my side, and the truth.

Or police are known to be touts who do not understand that their duty is to protect the citizens who indirectly pay their salaries as tax payers.

They are known to fabricate stories to get away with their indiscriminate acts.

I am not judging here, based on the fact that the guy killed is not alive to share the story, but I want to all done pertinent questions.

Was the guy with weapons to be adjudged an armed robber?

Was he a suspect in a robbery case or was he under investigation?

If the above is true,

Why did he not use his own weapon, but had to struggle the gun with the policeman.

When one meets Nigerian cops who abuse their powers, it is not every one that can keep their temper in check... And in my opinion, that is what happened here.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Akon419(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2015
This is what MBU was saying but some people misunderstood him for political gain
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Wisdytech(m): 10:11am On Mar 02, 2015
well am not in calabar now! When am back i will confirm the issue.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Akon419(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2015
Akon419:
This is what MBU was saying but some people misunderstood him for political gain
he refuse to light up rather he engage in arm struggle
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 10:13am On Mar 02, 2015
rigchelle1000:
I've made sixty four thousand dollars do so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money.
It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I do,
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
pls how does it concern the thread?
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 02, 2015
Tapout:
time of booking - 9:51:45 am

cry

rip to the policeman, u died a hero
rip to the robber........
rip to my ticket #special thanks to real Madrid

Bro e go better. let me see if I can help.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2015
tempest01:
T
is for temi
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 10:15am On Mar 02, 2015
tempest01:
T
is for table
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Okwori12(m): 10:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Free SMS for experimentation
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by free2ryhme: 10:24am On Mar 02, 2015
If this story is true, some of our policemen lack physical dexterity and basic art of self defence. Shouldn't policemen and women be trained boxers as well?
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Emmahunk(m): 10:36am On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=Akbee post=31217485][/quote]

African Magic.
Gun battle indeed. So what happened to the second occupant of the taxi and the driver since the taxi was already blocked by the Police Van? Why the silence on both?
My take is that one of the two occupants could have been a uniformed man who stupidly felt insulted by being asked to step down may be after introducing himself. Probably a soldier, he could have tried to prove gallantry nonsense. So there is really no need for the Police to start painting an unbelievable picture of gun duel simply to cover up their killing the man instead of arresting him to answer to his crime of fighting and killing an officer on duty
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by frainc(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2015
Jostico:

person die you dey say jamb......make e write am for heaven abi hell

The guy na next to muntula
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Takim107(f): 11:14am On Mar 02, 2015
SailorXY:

around Egbeda area in Lagos?
nah.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by stigman(m): 11:17am On Mar 02, 2015
Mbu chapter 1 vs1, if they shoot one kill 20
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by savanto: 11:22am On Mar 02, 2015
@OP,

The subject is quite mis-leading. According to the post, we were not told that the two men were armed.

The taxi driver and the second occupant of the taxi has some question to answer.

Pls edit it.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by PastorOluT(m): 11:23am On Mar 02, 2015
Burger01:
Why can't they just observe police instruction for stop and searchangry

Hmm, so u believe Naija police? I wont be surprised if this is a remix account, probably the police was harrassing the innocent guys n mistakenly shot himself while the others shot the guy in retaliation.

NB Fear Naija police, I bet u have never really seen them in action? Or cant u see so many questions arent answered, why the guys was stopped, why they refused to come down, who in his right senses would try to disarm one police man out of a team? etc
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by SailorXY: 11:25am On Mar 02, 2015
Takim107:
nah.
ok. there's a similar policeman named 'yellow' there too.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by ylaa(f): 11:46am On Mar 02, 2015
POLICE CAN LIE, Y WILL THIS HOGAN OF A MAN SAID IT WAS AN EXCHANGE BETWEEN THE POLICE AND ROBBERS? MAY GOD SAVE US FROM THIS BUUCH OF HUNGRY MEN IN BLACKS CALLED POLICEMEN. SHM
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by englishmart(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2015
Tapout:
time of booking - 9:51:45 am

cry

rip to the policeman, u died a hero
rip to the robber........
rip to my ticket #special thanks to real Madrid
hahahah! Gambler. grin cheesy tongue
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by xtervaganza(m): 12:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
I'm sure as hell the guy is not an armed robber. He simply refused to be intimidated by the foolish police thereby killing the police and losing his own life
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by drdanny(m): 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2015
cr7lomo:
How dumb can our police be and why we're they classified as armed robbers

Did they see them with guns ? How untrained can our police force be that a normal citizen disarms u .

Y should he point a gun at someone that is armless?

Definately, it was an accidental discharge as they were arguing and dragging the gun and they do the normal thing by branding them armed robbers.

I believe they did the normal " get out of the car now or I will shoot u for no reason"and it must have infuriated the guy

There was a country . SMH

So Who shot and killed the Policeman? You didnt read the whole story well
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by chiabahi(m): 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=Akbee post=31217485][/quote]

which one we go believe now?
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by hungryboy(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
Billyonaire:
Why are the called armed robbers then ? Were they armed ? How do we prove they were robbers ? This is a case of a suspect who watches too much of American movies and wanted to act without thinking.
oga,that guy right there was calabar's most notorious criminal named chop-chop, boy was only 18yrs old but was reponsible for most of the car jacking and armed robbery incidents in this town,
am suprised the got him finally, cos that boy had escaped from them through the help of his african bullet proof many times
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by meforyou1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
i dont believe an inch of this story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Releases Statement Regarding Harassment By NLC Officials / Falana Hails Supreme Court, Asks Saraki To Resign / Nigerian Man In Kenya Stabs His Friend To Death (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.