Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar (20121 Views)

Armed Robbers Shot Dead By Police After A Gun Battle In Calabar. Graphic Photos / Enugu Armed Robbers Caught Up In Gun Battle With Police (pics, Video) / Police Kill Two Robbery Suspects In Gun Battle In Delta State (Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Akbee(m): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2015
CALABAR— An attempt by a suspect to disarm a police corporal in Calabar, weekend, ended in the death of the Policeman, while colleagues of the dead policeman also gunned down the suspect. An eye witness who gave his name as Ikechuckwu, told Vanguard that a team of policemen on patrol stopped a taxi in front of 268 Murtala Muhammed highway (8 Miles) and asked two men seated at the back of the taxi to alight but they refused.

Their refusal allegedly prompted the police to use force to bring them out and when one of the men was forced out of the cab, he tried to disarm the policeman which ended in a scuffle between the two and in the process, the gun discharged and killed the policeman on the spot.

According to Ikechuckwu, “the police van blocked the taxi and asked the two men at the back seat to alight but they refused and the police had to force them out and after they alighted, one of them tried to collect a gun from one of the policemen.

“A struggle ensued and in the process, the gun discharged and killed the policeman, and in anger, another policeman shot the man dead.” When contacted, Mr Hogan Bassey, the state Police spokesman, said the incident was a gun duel between the police and armed robbers. “Robbers fired and killed one of our men and our men fired back and killed one of the robbers,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/policeman-suspected-robber-die-in-gun-battle-in-calabar/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by SOBSISRAEL(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2015
Gud.

Welcome. Be free ask anything that you don't know about JAMB here. E.g is there negative marking e.t.c I surely answer you.
Feel free to whatsapp call or text me on 09033976204
Operation #allnairalanders jambite must pass jamb15
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Nutase: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2015
shocked
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Burger01(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2015
Why can't they just observe police instruction for stop and searchangry

8 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 9:49am On Mar 02, 2015
undecided hmmmm this world never sieze to amaze me ...well, keep God in your heart and you won't have to look far when you need him
#KeepLearning!
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by soleexx(m): 9:50am On Mar 02, 2015
Booked
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2015
undecided

RIP
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Jostico: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2015
we loss more nowadays. GOD help your people
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Tapout(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2015
time of booking - 9:51:45 am

cry

rip to the policeman, u died a hero
rip to the robber........
rip to my ticket #special thanks to real Madrid

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Jostico: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2015
SOBSISRAEL:
Gud.

Welcome. Be free ask anything that you don't know about JAMB here. E.g is there negative marking e.t.c I surely answer you.
Feel free to whatsapp call or text me on 09033976204
Operation #allnairalanders jambite must pass jamb15

person die you dey say jamb......make e write am for heaven abi hell

9 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by 100Cents: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2015
E be like say they want to tell another story again o.

E be like say.

Thief dey Blame devil when dem catch am

Police dey Blame " Gun duel with armed robbers "... when dem catch am.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by cr7lomo: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2015
How dumb can our police be and why we're they classified as armed robbers

Did they see them with guns ? How untrained can our police force be that a normal citizen disarms u .

Y should he point a gun at someone that is armless?

Definately, it was an accidental discharge as they were arguing and dragging the gun and they do the normal thing by branding them armed robbers.

I believe they did the normal " get out of the car now or I will shoot u for no reason"and it must have infuriated the guy

There was a country . SMH

8 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by GeneralBosco: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2015
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by brownlord: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2015
When will Nigeria police stop their senseless lies?

I'm not in any way supporting this guys, but calling every gunned youth an armed robber as to evade their men from justice is inhuman, this guys could just be ordinary citizen or worst cultist who the police try to oppress but refused and during the process the police got killed. Other officer seeing their men down, decided to open fire on the young man ( out of anger ) and to cover this they decide to call them robber.

Which armed robber will be armless and be struggling for the riffle with police, they where just two for Christ sake

Kai, Nigeria police killing innocent citizen since 1914.

Remember black Satuday in ekpoma

5 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by money121(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

R.I.P cry cry cry
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Sijo01(f): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2015
You do me, I do you
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Akalia(m): 9:53am On Mar 02, 2015
How come some folks jump on new thread so quick that are d first to comment? Is it as a result of chronic idleness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:55am On Mar 02, 2015
This story is somehow undecided
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 02, 2015
Why are the called armed robbers then ? Were they armed ? How do we prove they were robbers ? This is a case of a suspect who watches too much of American movies and wanted to act without thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Takim107(f): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
How I wish it was this police man they call YELLOW in my street he stop every single person..openly ask for monkey without shame. Even the keke men will collect 100bucks from you if you are coming back home by 10pm cus policemen are waiting to collect theirs.

1 Like

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Ramanto(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
The whole story sounds some how..
Robbers trying to disarm police.....

Well,may God console the family of the dead policeman
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by AJOT99(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
This is serious!

Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by vicoloni(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
What was the other mumu officer doing while the arm struggle was ongoing? He could have saved the dead policeman's life were he proactive.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2015
dragging a gun with a policeman.

mtschew.

make dem go settle am for heaven.
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by rigchelle1000: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2015
I've made sixty four thousand dollars do so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money.
It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Heres what I do,
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2015
untrained policeman, he must b one of dis abok.i's dat was forced to leave cow for police.....

Hope d dead police Abokina has his certificate
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by SailorXY: 9:57am On Mar 02, 2015
terrible
so other officers were just moping while their colleague struggled with a civilian & died in the process before they decided to take action?

they should all be interrogated!
Re: Policeman, Suspected Armed Robber Die In Gun Battle In Calabar by iwezor1(m): 9:57am On Mar 02, 2015
Jostico:

person die you dey say jamb......make e write am for heaven abi hell
my broda abeg helep me ask am o; I wonda wats d nexus between jamb and death, abi if en pass am, en go mk heaven? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Snatch Lexus Jeep, Kidnap Owner In Ibadan / CSOs Protest In Abuja, Demand Sack Of REA MD, Salihijo Ahmad (Video, Pictures) / Falana Hails Supreme Court, Asks Saraki To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.