Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,722 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture (2495 Views)

Another Two-storey Building Collapses In Lagos / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2015
Excellent work to all the designers, builders, architects, contractors, and many others on Nairaland. I salute you, and thank you for this opportunity.

Straight to the point, I'm planning to build a two-storey light-industrial building, and am looking for help on all fronts. I have been looking for similar posts on from start to finish on a business structure, but have not found anything quite like this. I hope at the end this topic will be as well as inspirational, motivational, educational, and networkingal :-) as the topics by folks like fippycbk, ihebrooke, spyder880, brabus, any many other luminaries, especially for those building modern industrial/startup spaces.

About the site: the land is relatively flat and dry (water table is really deep), and should be able to accomodate 14x14 meter building with parking lots.
I'm hoping to landscape with greens and add a lake/pond which will double as our water source. We're going all solar as well. It's someplace outside Asaba.

So to begin, we're still in the planning phases, so at first, I would like all potential architects like BLH or MTS to see if they're interested in submitting ideas/proposals for this plan. Although I seem to have a solid idea of what I want, I'm very open to suggestions and encourage all sorts of input. I'll also showcase ideas and designs from other Nairalanders, so this would be kind of a scrapbook of sorts.

The ground floor is an open-plan/no interior walls with sections for electronics equipment (pcb making, soldering stations), 2 showers and
toilets, warehouse, and shipping, etc. On the top floor are offices and one conference room around the perimeter (4-6 offices per side, with the conference room taking up the space of 3 offices). The middle of the top floor will have two small meeting rooms, electronics lab room, two toilets, kitchen/rest space. If possible, we might also have an office or two that function as bedrooms for those times we're working non-stop on a project.

At the outset, we're looking at a 16m by 20m, ground floor 4m high to the ceiling, and top floor 3m high. Flat roof that will house water tanks, HVAC, solar cells and a possible patio for seating/misc.

We need one entrance on the front/right corner of the building, and another at the back, next to a larger garage door/loading dock.

Almost no windows at ground level, but wrap-around glass on the second level.

Would it be possible to get first run/drawings, along the style of these:

Please feel free to PM me or reply to this post (preferable) with your thoughts and estimates for a job like this so we can all learn and grow.

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
Examples of ground floor layout. Notice the open layout, the high ceilings, and the need for ventilation and pressurized air. Ideally, we'll have HVAC at the top with vents dropping down. Electrical wires and pressurized air (copper pipes) should be routed down the steel columns

1 Like

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
The brick buildings give an general idea of the style and window span:

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Another design I really like, from https://www.nairaland.com/266315/architectural-designs-nairalanders-want-build/41#30554583
Would be nice to turn the third floor into a large dedicated conference room with doors on either side opening to a patio. One side would have AC and water tank, the other side would be an outside events location. Solar cells on the roof.

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Another design that caught my eye, submitted by @InvertedHammer in https://www.nairaland.com/972231/cost-conditions-building-these-types/5#31217012
Hard to believe this would work for an industrial building, but there's no reason company buildings can't have a more pleasing aesthetic.

1 Like

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 2:47pm On Mar 22, 2015
I like these ceiling designs from Dominionng. These could be used for reception area and conference room, if not for the entire second floor.
https://www.nairaland.com/2197717/nairalanders-ceiling-designs
https://www.nairaland.com/2156491/latest-ceiling-designs-nairalanders

1 Like

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by nextstep(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
Instead of concrete blocks for inside walls, we're seriously considering partitions, like the types done, again, by Dominionng:
https://www.nairaland.com/2113514/false-ceiling-galvanized-steel-cladding

1 Like

Re: Building A Two-storey Light-industrial Building For Electronics Manufacture by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2015
nextstep:
Instead of concrete blocks for inside walls, we're seriously considering partitions, like the types done, again, by Dominionng:
https://www.nairaland.com/2113514/false-ceiling-galvanized-steel-cladding
great one sir, please if you need Aluminium services pls contact Perfect Touch Aluminium .tel:08153665659,08067079715. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Properties For Sale please call 08059559994 / Estimate Of The Cost Of Parapet Installation - Please Help / I have a BUYER who needs who to share HALF PLOT with in AMEN ESTATE Phase 2-CALL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.