Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries (2857 Views)

Ex-Niger Delta Agitators Back Buhari, Vow To Expose Pipeline Vandal (Pics) / Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / PHOTOS OF NIGERIA REFINERIES: The Unbelievable! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:
No problem. Those happened for different reasons. The doctors at luth killed my fiancee and I haven't recovered. My brother died of illness years ago.

I only said that to buttress my point.
Oh you must have gone through a lot. The irony of life is that the dead are free from the troubles of the world. If only government at all levels can provide the basics, good health care, clean water, shelter, jobs, power(electricity) etc, many deaths would not have been recorded. Our lifespan wouldn't be so low(currently at 56) and we won't have to go through the circle of losing loved ones prematurely, except due to natural disaster(God forbid). May God protect us all and our living loved ones.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 10:00am On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:
Because there are so many issues is why we have ministers for every sector. All it takes is to assign credible minister to each sector and get them accountable.

And talking of Boko haram, you and I know GEJ allowed the whole thing to balloon because of his cluelessness. Now it has gotten out of hand.

If he had not put in so much effort in playing blame games, boko haram would have been dealt with by now.

Have you ever wondered why the military are suddenly winning the war against Boko haram? Be sincere for once, assume for once if your relative is killed by boko haram and the person who ought to protect your relatives is GEJ who instead of taking action continues to play the blame game.

I have lost my brother, all 4 grand parents, my cousin, my mentor and 9 months ago my fiancee, I sure do know how it feels to lose one's love ones. Put yourself in the shoes of those who have not only lost their love ones but as well as their properties and shelter.

I understand where you're coming from and I must say, GEJ should have acted and forgotten all the cries that he was committing genocide on the north because people crying fowl were just BH sympathizers. I experienced post election violence and the Kaduna south/Kaduna north crises. My mum experienced the Kano crises in the early 90s which saw the death of many of my people.

It's not easy tho. I've faulted GEJ where he's wrong and I have admitted he tried at other places but the truth is, trusting APC with my vote is what I find impossible. I swear deep down that if they had presented Kwankwasoa, man of good reputation, and without someone like Tinubu as godfather, I would have voted him.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by mikolo80: 11:27am On Mar 03, 2015
francizy:

I don't believe you pa Buhari.

How can you promise to do everything within 8 years? You think all these things you're promising is easy? Let me clear something to you..

Remember as the head of state, you cancelled and abandoned some projects in order to reduce borrowing and stabilize the Naira? Then as a petroleum minister, you had no business with the naira, so you built refineries.

Then how will you combine all these things together:

- paying 5k per month to poor people,
- free education and free meal to primary school pupils,
- you will stabilize the economy/Naira/fuel price,
- you will build refineries,
- you will build roads,
- you will increase power supply,
- you will invest in mining and agriculture,
- etc.

Do you think all these things listed are something you just achieve easily? Most of them require proper planning before execution

so he should be insulting his opponent instead of saying what he has to offer
do you think everyone is as clueless as the person we have now
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 03, 2015
mikolo80:

so he should be insulting his opponent instead of saying what he has to offer
do you think everyone is as clueless as the person we have now

It's not today we've been seeing that kind of word trading politics. It's been the opposition's game ever since 1999. So it's not as if PDP started it. If I can recall vividly, some people sponsored campaigns insulting the president's family members but none of you saw it as a bad thing. Rather you laughed over it but when the opposition did same, you all cried fowl.

What is good for the goose, is good for ....?? You know the rest.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by chimerase2: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2015
Where is buhari self
Somebody can not just use his handle and say rubbish
Wat is h still doing in london wen the election is around de corner
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by mikolo80: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
francizy:

It's not today we've been seeing that kind of word trading politics. It's been the opposition's game ever since 1999. So it's not as if PDP started it. If I can recall vividly, some people sponsored campaigns insulting the president's family members but none of you saw it as a bad thing. Rather you laughed over it but when the opposition did same, you all cried fowl.

What is good for the goose, is good for ....?? You know the rest.

who insulted his family? stating a fact is not insulting
they are embarrasing the nation in their capacity as head of state and first lady
but they just make up shiitt without proof
if tinubu is corrupt why have'nt they sent efcc after him
you call a general an illiterate and your benefactor a motor park tout
you sacrifice 13000 nigerians and you want nigerians to be looking at you ba
anyway at least he has delivered "something" when he was goc(maitasine)
refineries as petroleum minister
anticorruption as president
health and education and roads as ptf chairman
akunyili as ex president
what has jonathan done that is critcally acclaimed
rustbucket trains
cassava bread wen we no see
fertilizer wen we no feel the effect
rice and fish wen no de market
exposing vcorruption and ignoring reports
fiddling while nigeria burns
health strike, quiet
teachers strike,quiet
ASUU strike,quiet
telling lies about improvement in power supply to amanpour(abi he think say na cyril stober him de talk to)apologies to stober
see anything is better than jona at this point
thats how bad he has messed up

so it is integrity we are voting for
gmb promises 10 and delivers 5
is better than jonathan that promised 10 and delivered none
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by fkaz(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2015
Power must change hand
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by change9ja(f): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2015
When fighting Thieves in Power, d nations gets funds.. Eg like collecting 10b Allison stole
19m dols Frm PEJ
500m dols from Okonjo
1tn from Aba Moro
100m dols from ffk
Etc like dat
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by jaysniggs: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2015
arsetalks:
You should be put in a museum for people to pay to come and watch you - the world's most stupiid human.

Until I saw your post, never ever did I believe a single person can be this stupiid.

You won't just believe how annoying their thoughts are, so naïve and "sub-sumple".
Stupidity personified humans! angry
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by jaysniggs: 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2015
francizy:

How can you promise to do everything within 8 years? You think all these things you're promising is easy? Let me clear something to you..

Remember as the head of state, you cancelled and abandoned some projects in order to reduce borrowing and stabilize the Naira? Then as a petroleum minister, you had no business with the naira, so you built refineries.

- you will build roads,
- etc.

Do you think all these things listed are something you just achieve easily? Most of them require proper planning before execution

Thank you GEJ cheesy
Where are the plans ooh?
Since everything isn't easy in Nigeria but a country like South africa is besting us in many aspects, show us GEJ's plans for the next four years?
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
mikolo80:

who insulted his family? stating a fact is not insulting
they are embarrasing the nation in their capacity as head of state and first lady
but they just make up shiitt without proof
if tinubu is corrupt why have'nt they sent efcc after him
you call a general an illiterate and your benefactor a motor park tout
you sacrifice 13000 nigerians and you want nigerians to be looking at you ba
anyway at least he has delivered "something" when he was goc(maitasine)
refineries as petroleum minister
anticorruption as president
health and education and roads as ptf chairman
akunyili as ex president
what has jonathan done that is critcally acclaimed
rustbucket trains
cassava bread wen we no see
fertilizer wen we no feel the effect
rice and fish wen no de market
exposing vcorruption and ignoring reports
fiddling while nigeria burns
health strike, quiet
teachers strike,quiet
ASUU strike,quiet
telling lies about improvement in power supply to amanpour(abi he think say na cyril stober him de talk to)apologies to stober
see anything is better than jona at this point
thats how bad he has messed up

so it is integrity we are voting for
gmb promises 10 and delivers 5
is better than jonathan that promised 10 and delivered none

Your hate for GEJ wouldn't actually let you see his accomplishments. It seems you already typed this down somewhere and then copied and pasted.
- He's not the best but delivering what GMB cancelled in the form of Lagos metroline is an accomplishment,
- Giving free fertilizer to Nigerians especially northerners is an achievement
- the Hollywood and entertainment industries thrived in his time and our entertainers worked less and made more
- there was massive renovation at my school within the period of 2011 till I graduated in 2012. I also know that this same money was given to other VC to fix their own schools
- Now did he build schools or not? Both Almajiri schools and universities.
- Now is there more/massive foreign investment in Nigeria or not? Compare that to past administrations.
- Is there a youth friendly program called YouWin that gives out grants to encourage young entrepreneurs with good business ideas and business plans?
- Are you telling me GEJ built no roads? One is even under construction presently, the Lagos/Ibadan expressway + rail lines
- While others has refused to sign FOI so we don't know how much they are looting, GEJ has signed it at federal level
- etc.

Because you hate GEJ, even if he kills himself for you, you won't still agree he did anything. Now need I remind you some people sponsored some one to act as GEJ's bastard son? So that one is also stating the obvious?

- I can bet my life that if EFCC arrests Tinubu and they later find him guilty, it's still people like you that will come here and said its a PDP propaganda

If I may ask, why was over 90% of the roads built by Buhari in the northern part of the country?
Why did Buhari abandon Ajaokuta Steel and then cancelled Lagos metroline?
Why were innocent people murdered or jailed along with guilty people during his regime?
Why is he all of a sudden making friends with people that wanted him to devalue Naira in the past?
Why is he claiming to fight corruption when his back up is the most corrupt in Nigeria?
Why was there a record of fund misappropriation (in the tune of $2.8billion) during his time as petroleum minister?

The fact is that there is no single difference between APC and PDP only that "hypocrisy" has eaten deep into the APC fabric. But you APC supporters will always not want to accept that.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by jaysniggs: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
madridguy:
every TRULY REASONABLE person should know something is FISHY.

Questions for Jonathan and PDP
1. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" busy destroying
states and areas that the opposition party will
win convincingly in the presidential election?

2. If we are to believe that the opposition were
the brains and architects of "Boko Haram",
then why is it that they have never ever
attacked and destroyed any prominent PDP
figure or their properties?

3. If the opposition have the capability of
arming "terrorists" with armour tanks, RPGs,
AA Guns, military uniforms, military trucks,
helicopters and the ability to command
soldiers to vanish from military checkpoints,
wouldn't they have targeted to destroy PDP
strongholds and their assets?

4. Why would the opposition seek to destroy
their own strongholds anyway? To achieve
what?

5. Why was (is) "Boko Haram" targeting to
destroy basically only prominent northern
politicians and their traditional rulers and their
communities?

6. In the light of questions 1 to 5 above, why
has there been a deliberate campaign of lies
and propaganda by the PDP and their religious
wing that collect bribes in billions of naira that
"Boko Haram" is the baby of the opposition?

7. Of all the cars used by "suicide" bombers
retrieved from the scene of their attacks, to
whom were the cars traced after forensic
investigations? Why is it that nothing is ever
heard after such evidences have been collated
at the scenes since 2011?

8. At the last count, over 500 hundred "Boko
Haram" suspects have been in detention since
2009, but why is it that government hasn't
been able to come clean on those sponsoring
the "terrorists", and why is it that, with such a
huge treasure trove, government has not been
able to know and curtail the operational
methods of the "terrorists"?

9. Why did the "terrorists" become stronger
after a scandalous 33 billion dollars (over 4
trillion naira) was expended on the so called
war against them?

10. Why was it that, at a point from 2013, the
Nigerian military was not taking the war to
"Boko Haram" camps in the deserts of the
northeast instead of waiting for "Boko Haram"
to come on the offensive?

11. Since when has repulsion become the best
form of defence instead of attack?

13. Why did "Boko Haram" have the most
freedom to operate and destroy so many
towns and villages during all the period of
State of Emergency that was supposed to have
made them immobile?

14. Was the State of Emergency some fraud
pulled off to empower the "terrorists" and
make the targeted communities sitting ducks
for easy elimination?

15. Who was providing "Boko Haram" with fuel
and other logistics in their camps considering
how they easily move with long convoys of
trucks to operate without challenge?
These are not the only questions.... There are many more. But they've not been able to answer any of these, rather they always want
to heap their scheme on others.These questions and many more could be the reason they are mortally scared of losing political power.

Tell them
Let them hear it.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Stop being misleading; Buhari utilised all our refieries at full capacity .
Surplus crude which used to be bunkered was sent to Brazil to refine for us. Brazil was paid with crude oil (barter trade), that would have otherwise been bunkered. Putting us in position to be net exporters of refined petroleum products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1Z4n5Pevc

greaterlove:
who started killing our refineries? It was you Buhari, you did it when you preferred moving our crude to Brazilian refineries in exchange for finished petroleum products. How are we sure those refineries in Brazil were not set up with the missing $2.8B under your watch?
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by greaterlove(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
GenBuhari:
Stop being misleading; Buhari utilised all our refieries at full capacity .
Surplus crude which used to be bunkered was sent to Brazil to refine for us. Brazil was paid with crude oil (barter trade), that would have otherwise been bunkered. Putting us in position to be net exporters of refined petroleum products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1Z4n5Pevc

the refineries were working in full capacity and yet Buhari had to exchange crude oil for finished petroleum products? Please you are not talking to kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by mikolo80: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
francizy:

Your hate for GEJ wouldn't actually let you see his accomplishments. It seems you already typed this down somewhere and then copied and pasted.
- He's not the best but delivering what GMB cancelled in the form of Lagos metroline is an accomplishment,
- Giving free fertilizer to Nigerians especially northerners is an achievement
- the Hollywood and entertainment industries thrived in his time and our entertainers worked less and made more
- there was massive renovation at my school within the period of 2011 till I graduated in 2012. I also know that this same money was given to other VC to fix their own schools
- Now did he build schools or not? Both Almajiri schools and universities.
- Now is there more/massive foreign investment in Nigeria or not? Compare that to past administrations.
- Is there a youth friendly program called YouWin that gives out grants to encourage young entrepreneurs with good business ideas and business plans?
- Are you telling me GEJ built no roads? One is even under construction presently, the Lagos/Ibadan expressway + rail lines
- While others has refused to sign FOI so we don't know how much they are looting, GEJ has signed it at federal level
- etc.

Because you hate GEJ, even if he kills himself for you, you won't still agree he did anything. Now need I remind you some people sponsored some one to act as GEJ's bastard son? So that one is also stating the obvious?

- I can bet my life that if EFCC arrests Tinubu and they later find him guilty, it's still people like you that will come here and said its a PDP propaganda

If I may ask, why was over 90% of the roads built by Buhari in the northern part of the country?
Why were innocent people murdered or jailed along with guilty people during his regime?
Why is he all of a sudden making friends with people that wanted him to devalue Naira in the past?
Why is he claiming to fight corruption when his back up is the most corrupt in Nigeria?
Why was there a record of fund misappropriation (in the tune of $2.8billion) during his time as petroleum minister?

The fact is that there is no single difference between APC and PDP only that "hypocrisy" has eaten deep into the APC fabric. But you APC supporters will always not want to accept that.

No cut and paste
all me
am not blind
see very clearly
you give a child 100 naira and he buys pure water instead of malt
will you praise him or her even though they bought you some kind of liquid
i don't think so
yes GEJ has done "somethings"
rice we don't see in market
cassava bread they only eat in aso rock
very bad train service(1ce a week) never to be compared to a modern metroline
almajiri schools that almajiri don't use(i recently heard it is britain that built the schools )if not them for thief d moni as usual
fertilizer we no see for north(they will lynch their leaders if they don't get it cos they depend solely on agric)
nollywood is self supporting stop deceiving yourself(bribing a few hungry actors and actresses is not developing nollywood)
foreign investment is not becauuse of him but inspite of him abi how many made in nigeria cars do you see us exporting cos we both know 99% of population cannot afford it
how many people do you know or heard of that actually got the grant(sure p) and what percentage(just sharing money to party members loyalists
he built roads cos he thought yoruba are stupid to vote somebody that neglected them for 4years(very unintelligent man)
rainy season is coming,i hope you're from the east(we'll see if 'painting" looks like road "construction".whether you'll stilll be singing his praises
shebi na cry diezani cry the last time,no worry na faint the next minister go faint.

budget na 100naira
road for north na 1naira per kilometer
road for south na 10 naira per kilometer
he spend 70 naira to build 7 road for south
spend 30naira to build 30 roads for north
which one he spend more money abi you no gree improve the wor wor education them give you

i don't have the details about ajaokuta but the lagos one ...i no sabi why but i think he was making a point that oyinbo people should not think they can boss us around

cos thats how soldiers roll,shoot first ask questions later

to catch a monkey ,yo have to pretend to be one

different kinds of corruption ,unfortunately
we have to choose between 10% corruption and 100%corruption
we prefer 10%

as above so below
2.8 better than 20billion
ask him he is on twitter
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Seamareggae(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
francizy:

- you will build roads,
- etc.

Give him a chance and see for yourself... Since GEJ couldn't do 5% of those things listed... Abi if Ronaldo stayed back in EPL... Do you think he wud have improved to compete yearly with messi?
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by BodyKiss(m): 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
gregg2:
[size=18pt]This shows APC are really behind scarcity.

Since the Boko Haram issue they used appears unappealing, they Infilterated our oil distribution chain to cause artificial scarcity so as to provide Buhari leaway for campaig [/size]

Jaw dropper. 1st class dumbo.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by francizy(m): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2015
Seamareggae:

Give him a chance and see for yourself... Since GEJ couldn't do 5% of those things listed... Abi if Ronaldo stayed back in EPL... Do you think he wud have improved to compete yearly with messi?

The way we gave someone chance to change Lagos as a godfather and he bought up Lagos state? undecided
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by vanunu: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2015
Governments all over the world are allowing the private sector to take charge of production of goods and services, this old guard wants to go the opposite way that encourages waste and some uniformed people are buying his bad idea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by egift(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2015
Sylvarresta:
As for me and my house it is
Sai Buhari
Mine too.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by jdilight(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
egift:
In a number tweets Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress has renewed his promise that if elected, he will fix the Oil sector and that Nigeria will not be depending on imports of Petrol for local Oil needs.

Below are his tweets, read more: https://twitter.com/ThisIsBuhari

When he was President did we not import fuel and sell crude oil?

If he could not do it then that he had absolute power, what make you think he can now that he will have limited powers?
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by ej77: 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Buhari can not be president again.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by vision2022: 4:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nigerians lets give this Man a benefit of doubt, am seeing him as somebody that will deliver.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Ovamboland(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
gregg2:
[size=18pt]This shows APC are really behind scarcity.

Since the Boko Haram issue they used appears unappealing, they Infilterated our oil distribution chain to cause artificial scarcity so as to provide Buhari leaway for campaig [/size]

This is one reason our educational system is perceived to be chlalenged, one is Patience and another is this poster above. Even without scarcity it makes sense to you for a farmer to sell his cassava harvest and then be looking for loans and grants to buy garri for his children.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Ovamboland(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

- you will build roads,
- etc.

Talking of someone who supervised construction and commissioning of 2 refineries within 3 years. It's a pity PDP/GEJ mediocre achievements makes kids of today believe governance is rocket science.

Do yourself a favour enter bus and visit Cotonou (no need for London) you will come back to Nigeria weeping how we allowed ourselves to be duped like this.
Re: Buhari Vow To Fix Nigeria's Refineries by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
nzeadachie:
LET HIM COME BACK TO 9JA FIRST, YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP DECEIVING US WITH FACEBOOK, JIHAD BUHARI IS ON SICK BED
Worrisome Power epileptic, one of GEJ monumental achievements, is really affecting your "10MB" brain dude. This is someone who has visited Kaduna, Port, and Lagos within two days, yet you claimed he's still in abroad on a sick bed
Where will this insanity take you to? It's better you start thinking and reasoning like a man!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Commendation Letter Governor Fashola Wrote To Akinwunmi Ambode In 2012 / Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? / Ohanaeze Ndigbo Endorses Kalu For FIFA Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.