Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893602 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 9:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
Phema:

37+? Babe, you get mind!

Yes I did ohh and you gotta wait to hear my POE story at houston. That is story for a day cos I am still recovering from what my eye saw grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
ozycy:
shocked I don see pesin wey get mind pass me. How did you do that? Did they actually know you were 37weeks? Only if I can see a doc dat will backd... for me lipsrsealed

Lolll, life itself is risk. I wasn't showing that much for 37weeks + but I showed them my fit to fly letter and insisted I didn't see any time limit on their pregnancy policy on their website so I flew and had the best flight ever, awesome all the way with zero turbulence until I got to meet my wahala pack at the houston POE grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2015
ozycy:
Which accommodation did you finally settle for?

I got a nice place, you can contact me sha if u are looking for one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

Lolll, life itself is risk. I wasn't showing that much for 37weeks + but I showed them my fit to fly letter and insisted I didn't see any time limit on their pregnancy policy on their website so I flew and had the best flight ever, awesome all the way with zero turbulence until I got to meet my wahala pack at the houston POE grin

Popcorn mode activated. U berra come back here and deliver this gist. No put us for high jump o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by payju11: 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Popri:

Dear peeps,

I need a favour from you'all.
Pls who knows good and affordable.......i mean afffordable obgyn/doctors in chicago.
I contacted some South Loop Women Centre which was really cheap.....but they dont do bank transfers..they insisted on walk-ins, plus d guy came across as kind rude......I need to buy forex at a rate that my bank can do a direct transfer for me.

Biko help me with info on doctor's charges, hospital fee, laboratory et al...all inclusive sha...in chicago......affordable ones ooooo......abeg
I will appreciate your prompt and quick suggestions.
Tanz my pple

Wow...congratulations on your successful entry..surprised at your answers though cos of how well informed u are, anywaiz, no hard and fast rule, at least this one favoured you so we give God thanks
Thank you for all your previous detailed info on this thread, you are so resourceful o
Pls rest well, and keep us posted on hospitals. Enjoy your stay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by payju11: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dear peeps,

I need a favour from you'all.
Pls who knows good and affordable.......i mean afffordable obgyn/doctors in chicago.
I contacted some South Loop Women Centre which was really cheap.....but they dont do bank transfers..they insisted on walk-ins, plus d guy came across as kind rude......I need to buy forex at a rate that my bank can do a direct transfer for me.

Biko help me with info on doctor's charges, hospital fee, laboratory et al...all inclusive sha...in chicago......affordable ones ooooo......abeg
Tanz my pple
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hahahahaha!!!

Those of us that don't like popcorn are slowly licking ice cream praying it doesn't melt before the storyteller comes back.

nefertitiram:

Popcorn mode activated. U berra come back here and deliver this gist. No put us for high jump o

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ChyG: 10:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
titila:
Hello. Pls has anyone fly Emirates frm abuja to seattle. Stop over is like 21hrs in dubai. what was ur experience like? Did u get a hotel accommodation frm d airline? Pls share cos I'll be leaving in 2 weeks time.
Also if anyone has used Seattle as a POE, What was ur experience.
Thnk u

Hi, I flew Emirates from Lagos to Seattle in May. Stop over in Dubai wasn't up to 3 hours. I understand that u r entitled to an accommodation and meal tickets once u spend more than 7hrs in Dubai. Ensure u call them at about 48 hrs before ur flight time to reserve the accommodation for you. About Seattle POE, it was very smooth for me (I wasn't showing then) besides, I'm not sure we were not up to 3 Nigerians on that flight. Just remain calm, confident and cheerful. All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jibbie2015:
Dear House,

Please I need to get in touch with anyone who has given birth in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I desperately need information relating to delivery estimates. I have not been able to get any quote from the hospital or doctor despite my several calls.

Thank you!!

Use ur search option....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
lala4sure:

Yes I did ohh and you gotta wait to hear my POE story at houston. That is story for a day cos I am still recovering from what my eye saw grin

Popcorn + ice cream mode activated... Waiting patiently
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamablessed: 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
ozycy:
http://newtelegraphonline.com/cbn-restricts-use-of-naira-denominated-cards/ I just saw this.

Shaking my head in pity! So what if we do not want a dom acct?. Nigeria!. Must we emulate other countries?. Why cant our naira be a universal currency like the USD?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Raineybaby: 12:59am On Jul 08, 2015
mamablessed:

Shaking my head in pity! So what if we do not want a dom acct?. Nigeria!. Must we emulate other countries?. Why cant our naira be a universal currency like the USD?

I think this relates to only companies. See circular below.

http://cenbank.org/Out/2015/BPSD/Circular%20on%20The%20Implementation%20of%20Controls%20on%20Naira%20Denominated%20Card%20Transactions%20Consumated%20Overseas.pdf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 08, 2015
Raineybaby:

I think this relates to only companies. See circular below.

http://cenbank.org/Out/2015/BPSD/Circular%20on%20The%20Implementation%20of%20Controls%20on%20Naira%20Denominated%20Card%20Transactions%20Consumated%20Overseas.pdf

hmm thank God oh cos is not going to be too nice oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 08, 2015
lala4sure:

Hahahahahaha. Please tell. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by payju11: 8:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Dear peeps,
Abeg this is quite urgent.......having a baby in chicago.
I contacted some South Loop Women Centre which was really cheap.....but they dont do bank transfers..they insisted on walk-ins, plus d guy came across as kinda rude......I need to buy forex at a rate that my bank can do a direct transfer for me and for that I cant do walk-ins to pay cash.

Tanz my pple
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2015
ewa2014:
Dear house, is it true that diamond bank has stopped giving pta?... Or does anyone know any branch in Abuja that is still giving.

Thanks

a branch in Lagos that sold to me two weeks ago via my husband ticket now said there is a new requirement that accounts have to be 6 months and older, I think its true for now sha cos I pallied up the head of operations there and she didn't need to lie, went to another branch they said the same thing, na to source the balance money I need from black market at this rate cry cry cry. I shall keep searching too just in case.. my sister works in an Abuja branch, I called her too... same story. Diaris God. I refuse to give myself stress on top cheap dollars. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 08, 2015
Modath, hope you are good. Tried reaching you. Congrats on your successful POE. Chicago no be beans. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 9:53am On Jul 08, 2015
Good day all, pls am a FTM and a JJC on this thread who needs help. Pls kindly advice me of which state is best affordable in the US to birth my child. Have family friends in Maryland and Texas, but don't want to rely on them. I need help on when and how to go about it from stage ZERO-THE END. Awaiting your response Mas/Sirs.

Note: Currently living in Abj, first pregnancy of 8weeks, civil servant. So pls I need all the help I can get(tried browsing through the pages but.. Finding it difficult to get the info I need. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 10:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Apple19:
Good day all, pls am a FTM and a JJC on this thread who needs help. Pls kindly advice me of which state is best affordable in the US to birth my child. Have family friends in Maryland and Texas, but don't want to rely on them. I need help on when and how to go about it from stage ZERO-THE END. Awaiting your response Mas/Sirs.

Note: Currently living in Abj, first pregnancy of 8weeks, civil servant. So pls I need all the help I can get(tried browsing through the pages but.. Finding it difficult to get the info I need. Thanks

First of all,
congratulations. I wish you smooth sailing over the next 7 months.

Now the information you need is all in both parts of this thread. There are loads of information on giving birth in Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Maryland, New York, Arizona, etc to name a few. Please take your time, you still have a long way to go, read through the threads with a paper and biro in hand or if using a laptop, with an open word document to copy and save information as you go along.
One tip I can give you is this: read up posts by tvegas or enter the area of interest in the search bar for travels and all the information you require on that location will show.

For this journey my sister, you do need family support if you have it as long as it is amicable. If not, then, plan for private accommodation. Favourite state of choice here is Houston Texas due to loads of choice afforable hospitals, good accommodation, cheap flight tickets during promos and accessable shipping agents for shipping your goods home safely.

Have a great day and fun reading. Soon you too will become a guru and also help new joiners to the thread.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:17am On Jul 08, 2015
@MadameU

How are you madam. You tried sending me a PM but i couldnt find it in my inbox. I have sent you one. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Olawunmii: 11:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Any Phoenix Arizona bound mum in the house?

Due in October and traveling in September. If you are interested in sharing accommodation,kindly contact me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 11:43am On Jul 08, 2015
For Lagos residents only........

Exchange Rate for Dollar ( Black Market) now hit N250/$1..............

Daris God ooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shayo5: 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
@Apple19

congrats on ur lil bun and welcome, get a pen and a notebook, go to part one and read read READ !!!!!

U need info not just on hospitals and Drs, u need info on "burden of proof", POEs, accommodation, birth certificate SSN passport and lots more.

i'll advise you stay with friends or family but if u want to stay on ur own Houston is your best option (that's my own opinion o).

Read carefully it could be tasking at first but u'll find it very interesting and addictive, my baby is 5 months old and I'm still here (covers face). Ask questions on stuff u r not clear on.

@lala erm waiting for ur Houston poe story grin[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by teeboy95: 11:52am On Jul 08, 2015
who give you that kind gist

back2dmatter:
For Lagos residents only........

Exchange Rate for Dollar ( Black Market) now hit N250/$1..............

Daris God ooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Kingsmum: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
I posted this b4 but for some reason it disappeared. My sister just had a baby at Mount Sinai Hospital in Chicago. Hospital 2000$, Dr 2055$, tests bothbmum and baby 775$, 80$ for each antenatal visit tho another nairaland mum got 30$ (had only one visit, gave birth at 36weeks) 130$ for doctor's visit after delivery and 105$ for peadiatrician. The obgyn dr is with Access group affiliated to Mount Sinai hospital. Hope it helps
quote author=payju11 post=35616695]
Dear peeps,
Abeg this is quite urgent.......having a baby in chicago.
[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
firsttymum:

U broke record..... 37 weeks wow

No she didn't... @favouredmum who travelled at 38 weeks did. I duff my hat, I no fit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Phema:
Modath, hope you are good. Tried reaching you. Congrats on your successful POE. Chicago no be beans. grin

You dey laugh me join, diaris goduuu oooo grin... na devils full dat POE i swear!!

My own better, my bag wasn't searched,money wasn't counted, only asked to be sighted alongside my cards.

It was just a long wait for my semi private grilling session, I saw people korokoro being hassled in front of everyone, asked to drag their boxes into one room for "upturning"..& the irony of everything is that the CBP agents from their ID badges are either immigrants themselves or 1st gen immigrants.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
modath:

You dey laugh me join, diaris goduuu oooo grin... na devils full dat POE i swear!!

My own better, my bag wasn't searched,money wasn't counted, only asked to be sighted alongside my cards.It was just a long wait for my semi private grilling session, I saw people korokoro being hassled in front of everyone, asked to drag their boxes into one room for "upturning"..& the irony of everything is that the CBP agents from their ID badges are either immigrants themselves or 1st gen immigrants.

Ofcourse! Ever noticed that the VOs that deny US visas the most are non native Americans? Talk about climbing the ladder up and destroying it afterwards. undecided

Thank God you made it through.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
hmmm.. this is getting serious...

happy i did PTA with fidelity more than enough at 198.95 to the dollar.....

boy.. this is scary.. make we begin hoard USD keep underground for farm ooh.. lol

teeboy95:
who give you that kind gist

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.