Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,863 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894107 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
shawlar:

Hi myelle,
Congrats on your LO.
I hope you didn't get any other 'hidden/extra' charges from Houston Methodist sugarland..? Kindly confirm the total amount u paid and if you have received your zero balance from the hosp. Details of your doc would also be appreciated

Exactly..... lemme change hospital asap
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
shawlar:
@

and this....

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/355#30489959

and this.....

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/355#30499539

Bsharon seems to be the last person on this forum that used Methodist but her last post was b4 her EDD, so we can't say If she got some 'extra' bills or not
running for my dear life. cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deltawife: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
i cant stop laughing at your phrase you waddled out as fast as your stomach can carry you.... i used almost 20hrs by flight to just avoid houston point of entry... if your now in houston pls send me a mail so we hook up
wondermum:
At the baggage Inspection area I saw 2 other Nigerians being questioned separately, I waited for my turn. I thought it was going to be just inspecting the food items I declared and counting of cash. The officer that called me was a lady. Transcript below, can't remember all but it went like this
Me: Morning
Officer: Morning, your passports and tickets
I handed them over plus my mum's own
Officer: what's the purpose of your visit to the US?
Me: Vacation and childbirth
Officer: Did you declare your intention during your application or I'm going to see something different when I check your record?
Me: I declared my intention
Officer: why do you want to have your baby here afterall you had 3 in your Country?
Me: I gave her the age reason again
She took my mum's passport with her Esta slip and ticket and handed it over to her and told her she was free to go, Her luggage wasn't checked or anything. She wasn't done with me yet, remember I had been stamped in with my kids for 6 months but it didn't move her at all. She continued
Officer: Any idea how much the birth is going to cost you?
Me: a little over 7k dollars
Officer: Any correspondence with the Hospital you are using?
Me: yes *handed over all the email, deposit slips etc*

She took her sweet time reading and going through all the documents
Officer: Who is Sheila?
Me: the lady that works in Dr La's office that I've been corresponding with.
Started going through our tickets
Officer: Why did you tell the embassy that your kids are going to be here for a month and their ticket is showing 2 months?
Me: I stated in my Visa application that I will be travelling with them and my mum by first week of July and they will be back in Nigeria by first week of September, their dad is coming over in August and going back by that September date as well.
Officer: Why isn't your husband with you now?
Me: his leave isn't due till August
Officer: where does he work?
Me: In a bank
Officer: what's the name of the bank?
Me: *** bank
Officer: what does he do there?
Me: *told her what he does*
Officer: do you know anyone in Houston?
Me: No
Officer: where will you be staying?
Me: I made reservation in *** for the duration of our stay.

This Officer wasn't done with me yet o! Like say she dey look for scapegoat.
Officer: How much do you have on you?
Me: told her the amount
She told me to move to the end of her counter, gave me a currency declaration form to fill. I started filling it. In between she was asking other questions like where my visa was issued, what I do for a living, the places we will be visiting with my kids during their stay ( I did my homework wella! I had googled places to visit in Houston before I left lagos so I mentioned a few places I remembered), how I will be moving around with them (Taxi na! Duh!), If my funds run out or isn't enough (husband is coming now with more funds), Like how much will he be coming with etc. I was expecting her to tell me to open my mouth to count my teeth if it's complete because at that time I was just tired of her unending questions.
I finished filling the form and she finally said "that's the exit" rudely. Money o she didn't even sight not to talk of counting, my luggage sef she didn't check. I asked for the rest of the passports I handed over, she just pointed backwards and said " I left them over there, go pick them". I went back to pick them up, thanked her and she actually said "you're welcome" and I waddled out of there as fast as my tummy would allow me before another officer starts questioning me again.
Mum to be passing through Houston "Be very prepared". I pray you all find favour at your different POES and safe delivery. I left the other two Nigerians there o! One was pregnant and the other was a man, up to the man's net sponge it was scattered all over their counter there. So my own drilling sef no reach their own level.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2015
Dr Zee's contact : dziworitin@obmc.org

QueenPee:

@Firsttymum I couldnt find Dr Dama Alexander ziworitin email for you when I searched the thread.
I suggest you PM @keksmama as she has received an email from his office before.
I hope this helps. OR you try google sef.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anwuri2: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thank you so much. Will do just that.

quote author=amethyst8 post=35547531]Call the hospital Medical records department and ask the status of the birth certificate. Insist that u want it expedited. That will make it faster. At the hospital ask for the state file number if they say they have sent it to the Vital Statistics Office.
Also goggle he number of the Vital Statics office to follow up.

Once u get the birth certificate, call the Philly Passport Agency to book an appointment.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
shawlar:

Hi myelle,
Congrats on your LO.
I hope you didn't get any other 'hidden/extra' charges from Houston Methodist sugarland..? Kindly confirm the total amount u paid and if you have received your zero balance from the hosp. Details of your doc would also be appreciated

Eagerly waiting for this info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
feddy27:
Dr Zee's contact : dziworitin@obmc.org

Thanks a lot

@QueenPee thanks and finally someone has given me.... Mwuah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Deltawife congratulations on your successful poe entry and it was a good thing re-routing the tickets to avoid Houston poe abeg, you can download uber application on your phone and try it out. It's a cheap means of moving around by taxi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anwuri2: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
quote author=amethyst8 post=35547531]Call the hospital Medical records department and ask the status of the birth certificate. Insist that u want it expedited. That will make it faster. At the hospital ask for the state file number if they say they have sent it to the Vital Statistics Office.
Also goggle he number of the Vital Statics office to follow up.

Once u get the birth certificate, call the Philly Passport Agency to book an appointment.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by myelle: 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
firsttymum:

Exactly..... lemme change hospital asap

The only I got is the baby bill for using the hospital for circumcision and blood test around 261 but they gave me discount so paying 1 something ask for discount and epidural that u must paid 1500 if u did not use it,it will be refund bk, but I did pay for it,talk to ur dr dat u don't need it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by koolkenzo(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hell to all the mamas in the house, I have been following this thread for a while now. I wife is heavy now with our second baby and she will be due some time Nov.
My elder brother lives in Houston with his family, I would love to know how much it could cost us to have our baby deliver in Houston since the accommodation part of it is taken care of with my brother in Houston.
What are the things we need to put in place before going for an interview and I will love to know if she should apply for our son too who is 2 years old since I will be too busy to look after him here in Nigeria.
Please I need your candid advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 1sttimemom: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
koolkenzo:
Hell to all the mamas in the house, I have been following this thread for a while now. I wife is heavy now with our second baby and she will be due some time Nov.
My elder brother lives in Houston with his family, I would love to know how much it could cost us to have our baby deliver in Houston since the accommodation part of it is taken care of with my brother in Houston.
What are the things we need to put in place before going for an interview and I will love to know if she should apply for our son too who is 2 years old since I will be too busy to look after him here in Nigeria.
all your questions have been answered a gazilion times sir,kindly read the thre people a lot to get the information after going thru if you have any den fine..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 1sttimemom: 10:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
koolkenzo:
all your questions have been answered a gazilion times sir,kindly read the thread.it tuk people a lot to get the information. after going thru if you have any questions den fine..

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
myelle:

The only I got is the baby bill for using the hospital for circumcision and blood test around 261 but they gave me discount so paying 1 something ask for discount and epidural that u must paid 1500 if u did not use it,it will be refund bk, but I did pay for it,talk to ur dr dat u don't need it.

hmm..... undecided
im confused oh...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
Shawbabe:

I paid 3 months b4 I was due sef. U should have paid since bcoz that's how u get the 75% discount. U are supposed to pay 30 days b4 ur due date to qualify I believe. So pay asap

Pls shawbabe how did you made d payment to them? And how long did you get the receipt?

Did u pay before your journey or when you get their?

Pls let us knw the process. Thks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:42am On Jul 07, 2015
@shawlar sorry, you were misunderstood. Sometimes people don't search extensively.hope you get a response soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by wondermum(f): 2:55am On Jul 07, 2015
@ Deltawife lucky you! You practically breezed in. I just couldn't go through the 20 hrs kind of flight. I'm in Houston, but I'm trying to sort out a more permanent accommodation and means of transport before my 1st appointment with Dr La.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 5:08am On Jul 07, 2015
queenestty:

Pls shawbabe how did you made d payment to them? And how long did you get the receipt?

Did u pay before your journey or when you get their?

Pls let us knw the process. Thks

Paid when I got there. I traveled early. Went in January but due in April.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2015
Hello, people cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2015
Please your write up is not self explanatory.

myelle:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamablessed: 7:51am On Jul 07, 2015
Hello everyone, im a newbie, a FTM at 21weeks due in november

I want to thank everyone who has contributed extensively to this thread, i have tried to read part 1 and 2(although i skip some posts) grin i have acquired enough knowledge here and im also willing to give back the little i know.

Im houston bound also.

Its nice to have an i.d and be a part of this big family and forum. Nice to e-meet you all grin

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 8:13am On Jul 07, 2015
anwuri2:
Hi Beryl15 I didn't use Philly as my poe. I came in through Houston. So no experience on that.
Take care and trust God. Yours will be different...

Amen! Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:29am On Jul 07, 2015
mamablessed:
Hello everyone, im a newbie, a FTM at 21weeks due in november

I want to thank everyone who has contributed extensively to this thread, i have tried to read part 1 and 2(although i skip some posts) grin i have acquired enough knowledge here and im also willing to give back the little i know.

Im houston bound also.

Its nice to have an i.d and be a part of this big family and forum. Nice to e-meet you all grin

Our due date is close grin > grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 07, 2015
CFCfan:
Hello, people cool

And what are you doing here? Are you pregnant? grin

Hi there!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 07, 2015
firsttymum:

Our due date is close grin > grin

me/my wife too grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:17am On Jul 07, 2015
Good morning moms and dads. Please, is anyone coming to El Paso anytime soon from Lagos? Please PM, need someone to help me bring my driver's license. We have a car to use in our apartment, but no driver's license to use.

Those who came with theirs are done with birthing and have gone back to Nigeria or other States here. Please, help a sister. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 10:18am On Jul 07, 2015
Ideally you should have an international driver's license to drive in the US cos the nigerian one isn't recognized. Just hope you're not stopped for any reason cos you'll have a bit of explanation to do with your naija license. And you might even jeopardise the car owner cos you're probably not listed on the insurance. Just be careful.

Nogen:
Good morning moms and dads. Please, is anyone coming to El Paso anytime soon from Lagos? Please PM, need someone to help me bring my driver's license. We have a car to use in our apartment, but no driver's license to use.

Those who came with theirs are done with birthing and have gone back to Nigeria or other States here. Please, help a sister. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ifax(f): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2015
shelly23:
Ideally you should have an international driver's license to drive in the US cos the nigerian one isn't recognized. Just hope you're not stopped for any reason cos you'll have a bit of explanation to do with your naija license. And you might even jeopardise the car owner cos you're probably not listed on the insurance. Just be careful.

I guess it depends on the state. I've used normal license in Orlando with no issues

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sugah: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2015
shelly23:

The normal Nigerian driving licence is valid for 30 days after your entry. Iv used my naija licence in very many states.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2015
Shawbabe:

Paid when I got there. I traveled early. Went in January but due in April.

Ok. Thks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
DivideUs:

me/my wife too grin grin

Yeepeeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
shelly23:

That was then... The new license is accepted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.