Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891774 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
anwuri2:
Thanks firstttmum. I've gone through the entire post. Saw nothing on it.
Not Easy I tell u. Most of the info. Here is on texas chicago and L.A.
Thanks anyways. I hope someone who knows speaks up soon...

Email or pm those people who used dcmh... I'm sure when u searched some people who used it came up... The only thing I know about that place is that dey always send bills later lol cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
anwuri2:
Hello house.,
trust all the mamas are well. Thank God.
Please can someone assist. I just had my baby at dcmh in delaware county area of penssylvania. Anyone with the experience on how long it took to get the birth certificate issued In this state and steps taken to get baby's documents. I want to leave here as soon as possible. Please advise. Thank you...
expecting a response
new York.
Hello dear, I'm leaving this week and plan to use DCMH. My POE is Philly o! Pls share your POE experience if Philly was yours.
I sent you PM too.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by wondermum(f): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
At the baggage Inspection area I saw 2 other Nigerians being questioned separately, I waited for my turn. I thought it was going to be just inspecting the food items I declared and counting of cash. The officer that called me was a lady. Transcript below, can't remember all but it went like this
Me: Morning
Officer: Morning, your passports and tickets
I handed them over plus my mum's own
Officer: what's the purpose of your visit to the US?
Me: Vacation and childbirth
Officer: Did you declare your intention during your application or I'm going to see something different when I check your record?
Me: I declared my intention
Officer: why do you want to have your baby here afterall you had 3 in your Country?
Me: I gave her the age reason again
She took my mum's passport with her Esta slip and ticket and handed it over to her and told her she was free to go, Her luggage wasn't checked or anything. She wasn't done with me yet, remember I had been stamped in with my kids for 6 months but it didn't move her at all. She continued
Officer: Any idea how much the birth is going to cost you?
Me: a little over 7k dollars
Officer: Any correspondence with the Hospital you are using?
Me: yes *handed over all the email, deposit slips etc*

She took her sweet time reading and going through all the documents
Officer: Who is Sheila?
Me: the lady that works in Dr La's office that I've been corresponding with.
Started going through our tickets
Officer: Why did you tell the embassy that your kids are going to be here for a month and their ticket is showing 2 months?
Me: I stated in my Visa application that I will be travelling with them and my mum by first week of July and they will be back in Nigeria by first week of September, their dad is coming over in August and going back by that September date as well.
Officer: Why isn't your husband with you now?
Me: his leave isn't due till August
Officer: where does he work?
Me: In a bank
Officer: what's the name of the bank?
Me: *** bank
Officer: what does he do there?
Me: *told her what he does*
Officer: do you know anyone in Houston?
Me: No
Officer: where will you be staying?
Me: I made reservation in *** for the duration of our stay.

This Officer wasn't done with me yet o! Like say she dey look for scapegoat.
Officer: How much do you have on you?
Me: told her the amount
She told me to move to the end of her counter, gave me a currency declaration form to fill. I started filling it. In between she was asking other questions like where my visa was issued, what I do for a living, the places we will be visiting with my kids during their stay ( I did my homework wella! I had googled places to visit in Houston before I left lagos so I mentioned a few places I remembered), how I will be moving around with them (Taxi na! Duh!), If my funds run out or isn't enough (husband is coming now with more funds), Like how much will he be coming with etc. I was expecting her to tell me to open my mouth to count my teeth if it's complete because at that time I was just tired of her unending questions.
I finished filling the form and she finally said "that's the exit" rudely. Money o she didn't even sight not to talk of counting, my luggage sef she didn't check. I asked for the rest of the passports I handed over, she just pointed backwards and said " I left them over there, go pick them". I went back to pick them up, thanked her and she actually said "you're welcome" and I waddled out of there as fast as my tummy would allow me before another officer starts questioning me again.
Mum to be passing through Houston "Be very prepared". I pray you all find favour at your different POES and safe delivery. I left the other two Nigerians there o! One was pregnant and the other was a man, up to the man's net sponge it was scattered all over their counter there. So my own drilling sef no reach their own level.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by agriboom: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
kaakaa:

Atlanta hosp 3550, Dr 2200....
LA hosp 2700 with epidural, Dr 1500....
prices are for vaginal delivery

Lab tests not included in either...

Just the info I've been looking for, my wife's Edd is mid November, between LA and Atl which do you recommend more, also do you have doctors info you can help with?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 9:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
Hello house,

To Gods glory i gave birth to my baby. After birth the docs found out my baby needed emergency surgery and was admitted at the nicu. My baby is still in nicu.

I just got approached by a lady who works under the finance dept of my hospital. She had been trying to reach me. she told me was that the insurance will pay all my babys nicu bills because he is a citizen and under emergency. Its called "emergency all kids package for 0-18yrs". Its under Medicaid.

I already told her i paid cash for mine and i plan to do same for my baby (tho i dont know how much) because i dont like issues. And i told her if i must agree to what she is telling me, she has to send me a letter stating all she said because i dont want anything to taint me or my babys future.

I am weary of this, please what do you guys think of this. Is this real or i should run for my life?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
firsttymum:
@tvegas I know u r like "bank" of information... Pls do u have dr Ziworitins email address?

Sorry i dont, i only know he also uses Oakbend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
CallMeFavoured:
Hello house,

To Gods glory i gave birth to my baby. After birth the docs found out my baby needed emergency surgery and was admitted at the nicu. My baby is still in nicu.

I just got approached by a lady who works under the finance dept of my hospital. She had been trying to reach me. she told me was that the insurance will pay all my babys nicu bills because he is a citizen and under emergency. Its called "emergency all kids package for 0-18yrs". Its under Medicaid.

I already told her i paid cash for mine and i plan to do same for my baby (tho i dont know how much) because i dont like issues. And i told her if i must agree to what she is telling me, she has to send me a letter stating all she said because i dont want anything to taint me or my babys future.

I am weary of this, please what do you guys think of this. Is this real or i should run for my life?

Sorry about your baby, must have been very traumatic for you having a baby in NICU, and we thank God he is fine.

As per your question... a day in NICU can cost up to $1000 a day, then the emergency surgery could run into thousands... when you see the final bill you will be able to decide mode of payment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anonymousmum: 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
shawlar:

Haba.., Nobody wan answer me..?? Who I offend...?? grin grin

Methodist Sugarland Alumni, Pls still waiting for ur replies oh.

You can check my posts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
@wondermum only u went through this? God pass them...

Tvegas:

Sorry i dont, i only know he also uses Oakbend.

Ok thanks
nefertitiram:

Sorry about your baby, must have been very traumatic for you having a baby in NICU, and we thank God he is fine.
As per your question... a day in NICU can cost up to $1000 a day, then the emergency surgery could run into thousands... when you see the final bill you will be able to decide mode of payment

Can she accept the Medicaid if she can't afford the bill and then pay off Medicaid later?

And then the letter stating d emergency stuff might come in handy later shld u decide to use d Medicaid. Congratulations on ur baby... May God perfect everything amen.. @callmefavoured
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 11:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
CallMeFavoured:
Hello house,

Sorry about your baby. He/she will be fine IJN. I have a friend that her baby was in Nicu for 10days. She used west Houston hospital. Her total bill was about $35k. So it all depends on you....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by wondermum(f): 11:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
@CallMeFavoured God will perfect your baby's healing in Jesus name.
@firsttymum it was like the lady was just in a very bad mood that morning. God pass all of them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 12:29am On Jul 06, 2015
Sorry to hear about your baby, she will be fully healed in Jesus name.

As for medicaid, i'll suggest that you don't take it. Just keep telling them that you will be violating the terms of your visa.

My daughter was born with hyper-extended knees and needed extra care (not NICU though) and they kept offering medicaid and I kept turning it down. I ended up negotiating a 65% discount with the hospital on the condition that I paid all at once. Thank God for God because divine helpers showed up and we managed to pay everything without any issues (total of about $13k).

All the best as you make your decision.

CallMeFavoured:
Hello house,

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by myelle: 12:49am On Jul 06, 2015
agriboom:

congrats, if you don't mind can you share details of hospital, location as well as cost, thanks

The hospital is houston methodist sugar land. the price for VD 2538 CS 3780 dr 2200 ask for discount I got 1800 she accept test from nigeria but u still have to do one or two test, hearing test 40 ask for discount baby blood test ask for discount. pediatrician both the circumcision 300.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 06, 2015
Please anyone in Houston for this child birth thingy? I am with my kid and she is soo bored. She's been sleeping all day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:01am On Jul 06, 2015
firsttymum:
@wondermum only u went through this? God pass them...

Ok thanks

Can she accept the Medicaid if she can't afford the bill and then pay off Medicaid later?

And then the letter stating d emergency stuff might come in handy later shld u decide to use d Medicaid. Congratulations on ur baby... May God perfect everything amen.. @callmefavoured

Depends on the bill oo! Some bills you will see yourself and be looking for oxygen mask, especially when there is no insurance. When there is life there is hope.
Dunno about paying off medicaid, seems almost impossible but she negotiate the bill and then set up a payment plan with the hosp.
The baby is a US citizen though, and it's not like she planned the entire scenario sef, just unfortunate. God will perfect all that concerns her in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anwuri2: 5:11am On Jul 06, 2015
Hi Beryl15 I didn't use Philly as my poe. I came in through Houston. So no experience on that.
Take care and trust God. Yours will be different...

Beryl15:

Hello dear, I'm leaving this week and plan to use DCMH. My POE is Philly o! Pls share your POE experience if Philly was yours.
I sent you PM too.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darasimi1988: 5:22am On Jul 06, 2015
@callmefavored. It is well with u and d baby in Jesus name. No matter what, jst know dt @ dis point, what u should be thinking about is your baby's health and nt sm useless travel to US in d future. I had my 1st baby in Los Angeles and d 2nd came January last year in NY. Upon the birth of no2, they discovered he needed surgery but it wasn't an ASAP thing. It ll be done when he is about 4months old. We were skeptical @ 1st and had d dr go thru his case and chances with us. @ d end of the day, when we inquired about the cost of the surgery, my dear, we wouldn't be able to raise it conveniently in 5yrs with our lucrative jobs. The dr told us no hosp/dr will accept to operate on him without insurance. We left the US with the baby after getting all of his papers (as against d dr's advise) my husband kept saying if m scared of being documented as a parent/guardian of the child because of visa renewal nd all, he ll let em use his passport, he ll prefer never to enter America again than have his son die becos ofhis preference for pleasure. The guilt I felt was... so we returned to the US with the baby after 2mnths. We were able to get insurance for him and d social worker kept assuring us it's nt going to affect our status. She even joked @ a point dt d child will make us Americans in d nearest future. Our little one was successfully operated upon in June last year. Fast forward to Dec when we went for renewal. We did drop box. Hubby was given d visa while I was invited for an interview. They demanded to know what I was doing in the US for dt long (3mnths when I had my baby) told dem I went for holiday and had my baby. Demanded to see d receipts to that effect, I gave him. Asked why I went back after few mnths(we stayed for 6weeks) the recovery time of the surgery was shorter than expected. Na so I lock mind lie o. Told him a friend had something to do and invited me, I couldn't miss it for anything. Asked Hw I managed to leave my work for so long and no one raised eyebrow, told him I applied for leave of absence without pay (that's true tho). My heart was jst racing. What if it appears on my data dt I took aid from d govt bla bla bla. Guess what? My visa was approved. I knw it was jst God's favor. Madam, make sure u pay ur hosp bills, apply for insurance for the baby, he's a citizen even tho he's nt contributing anything to d economy now. My sister, even if u r eventually banned from entering the US for 10yrs, which is unlikely, u ll be looking @ ur precious one knowing that for his 2morrow, you gave ur today. Centre your time nd energy praying for the success of the surgery. Act fast if they say u dnt av time. And like Neff mentioned, some bills ehn! My sister forgerrit!Jst follow ur heart and what ever u eventually decide, God be with u dear.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darasimi1988: 5:34am On Jul 06, 2015
@Shelly, good for u. You were able to negotiate and God in His mercy raised helpers to pay ur bill. We r nt nd won't be all dt lucky u know. To start with, hosp and state may be a factor as to u getting a 65% discount. then kai, better pple surround u o. You dnt know the state she is in, the hosp she used and if she has any1 dt may contribute $5k towards offsetting d bill. Some pple r very private, they dnt wnt pple to know what's going on with em. By the way, heard of some1 who had her baby in MIHS, incurred a bill of $36k and was able to negotiate the bill to $5k+. M nt sure u can do dt in most hosps. If na medicaid God go use save her pikin, make she collect am o. No be by force to enta US, other beautiful European countries dey.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 5:58am On Jul 06, 2015
I guess you're right.
PS- the people that helped us were in Nigeria not here in the US.

darasimi1988:
@Shelly, good for u. You were able to negotiate and God in His mercy raised helpers to pay ur bill. We r nt nd won't be all dt lucky u know. To start with, hosp and state may be a factor as to u getting a 65% discount. then kai, better pple surround u o. You dnt know the state she is in, the hosp she used and if she has any1 dt may contribute $5k towards offsetting d bill. Some pple r very private, they dnt wnt pple to know what's going on with em. By the way, heard of some1 who had her baby in MIHS, incurred a bill of $36k and was able to negotiate the bill to $5k+. M nt sure u can do dt in most hosps. If na medicaid God go use save her pikin, make she collect am o. No be by force to enta US, other beautiful European countries dey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 8:25am On Jul 06, 2015
myelle:

The hospital is houston methodist sugar land. the price for VD 2538 CS 3780 dr 2200 ask for discount I got 1800 she accept test from nigeria but u still have to do one or two test, hearing test 40 ask for discount baby blood test ask for discount. pediatrician both the circumcision 300.
whats the name of your doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 8:43am On Jul 06, 2015
Hi everyone my cousin just applied for a B1/B2 visa and she was denied. I was hoping she would come with me when I have my baby in the next few months. She really doesn't need to travel but i'm the one asking her to so she can help with my 2.5year old so I am basically her sponsor. She works for an architectural firm and she makes her own money, obviously not as much as me so that's why I decided to sponsor her which im actually doing cos I am paying for her ticket and all. She wasn't asked any questions just what her purpose was (vacation and to help me with my toddler) and where she had travelled to (Ghana and China)

Im thinking maybe she should reapply! Any thoughts on this my people?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cgese: 8:46am On Jul 06, 2015
darasimi1988:
@callmefavored. It is well with u and d baby in Jesus name. No matter what, jst know dt @ dis point, what u should be thinking about is your baby's health and nt sm useless travel to US in d future. I had my 1st baby in Los Angeles and d 2nd came January last year in NY. Upon the birth of no2, they discovered he needed surgery but it wasn't an ASAP thing. It ll be done when he is about 4months old. We were skeptical @ 1st and had d dr go thru his case and chances with us. @ d end of the day, when we inquired about the cost of the surgery, my dear, we wouldn't be able to raise it conveniently in 5yrs with our lucrative jobs. The dr told us no hosp/dr will accept to operate on him without insurance. We left the US with the baby after getting all of his papers (as against d dr's advise) my husband kept saying if m scared of being documented as a parent/guardian of the child because of visa renewal nd all, he ll let em use his passport, he ll prefer never to enter America again than have his son die becos ofhis preference for pleasure. The guilt I felt was... so we returned to the US with the baby after 2mnths. We were able to get insurance for him and d social worker kept assuring us it's nt going to affect our status. She even joked @ a point dt d child will make us Americans in d nearest future. Our little one was successfully operated upon in June last year. Fast forward to Dec when we went for renewal. We did drop box. Hubby was given d visa while I was invited for an interview. They demanded to know what I was doing in the US for dt long (3mnths when I had my baby) told dem I went for holiday and had my baby. Demanded to see d receipts to that effect, I gave him. Asked why I went back after few mnths(we stayed for 6weeks) the recovery time of the surgery was shorter than expected. Na so I lock mind lie o. Told him a friend had something to do and invited me, I couldn't miss it for anything. Asked Hw I managed to leave my work for so long and no one raised eyebrow, told him I applied for leave of absence without pay (that's true tho). My heart was jst racing. What if it appears on my data dt I took aid from d govt bla bla bla. Guess what? My visa was approved. I knw it was jst God's favor. Madam, make sure u pay ur hosp bills, apply for insurance for the baby, he's a citizen even tho he's nt contributing anything to d economy now. My sister, even if u r eventually banned from entering the US for 10yrs, which is unlikely, u ll be looking @ ur precious one knowing that for his 2morrow, you gave ur today. Centre your time nd energy praying for the success of the surgery. Act fast if they say u dnt av time. And like Neff mentioned, some bills ehn! My sister forgerrit!Jst follow ur heart and what ever u eventually decide, God be with u dear.

End of story. You just said the whole truth here. Pls my dear friend, just pay your own hospital bill and also the doc's bill as well as any other tiny baby bill, like pediatrician etc. Then ask the hospital to give you a paper to sign the document/contract that you are a self paying patient. You will use those to renew your visa at any time. As for the baby bill at NICU,try and see if its possible to get heavy discount from them but ensure they proceed with the surgery. If they refuse to do surgery(which I doubt), if you do not sign insurance papers, pls go ahead and sign the paper for insurance for the baby. But just make sure you pay all your own bills.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adekunleoba: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2015
@myelle

Big congrats, plz can u help out with details about Houston Methodist sugar land. Plz Doc name, any contact email add.... And plz if any1 as info regarding dis, kindly assist.... Abeggi, ejor..... Merci.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:13am On Jul 06, 2015
@wondermum,
Not a palatable experience at all, met a mum in chicago here that had almost same experience with her kids as you did, She came for her fourth as well...

Surprisingly i wasn't asked about my other kids, the cbp agent that grilled me wanted to know how i will pay, my husband's where about & why i did drop box....... maybe the fact that my people outside were already harassing them with calls had something to do with it...

@nefertitiram,

You told no lie about some bills needing oxygen mask.

Not to trivialise @CallMeFavoured 's situation but some bills like my family's will have you chucking up the deuces & going "peace out" see ya in 10 years or worst case scenario 21yrs time.... smiley

@CallMeFavoured,

Im going to be selfish &ask that you think of your child first,you pay your bills, get receipts& let them give baby all the needed care &attention, Nigeria cant match them.

Allow the chips fall wherever they may. .. if America nor do again, Paris is a beautiful city, great wall of china is there to be seen,Egypt &the east african safaris nearby are still on my to do list....

Your baby's great great great great grandfather's siblings that were sold as slaves to toil & build America have paid in sorrow tears & blood. cool

@darasimi1988,
Desperate situations require desperate measures, if i were in your shoes i'd do no different..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2015
@Firsttymum I couldnt find Dr Dama Alexander ziworitin email for you when I searched the thread.
I suggest you PM @keksmama as she has received an email from his office before.
I hope this helps. OR you try google sef.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by QueenPee(f): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2015
firsttymum:
@tvegas I know u r like "bank" of information... Pls do u have dr Ziworitins email address?

@Firsttymum I couldnt find Dr Dama Alexander ziworitin email for you when I searched the thread.
I suggest you PM @keksmama as she has received an email from his office before.
I hope this helps. OR you try google sef.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Yemisi2015: 11:33am On Jul 06, 2015
Immigration and the embassy does not have record of Medicaid, they only have record of collections.

So if you have receipt for some bills which should be yours I.e hospital, doctor and epidural, your visa will be renewed.

Its when you cant provide receipts or the receipts you have is a very low amount, that's when the embassy and immigration officers will question it and state you used Medicaid, which is true in most cases ( exception to MIHS package of usd2,888 then and other similar package)

A lot of people do not pay for their babies bill which is usually the lowest in most cases and apply for insurance for them.

For paying back Medicaid, all you need to do is call the hospital billing office and tell them you want to pay the bill and get them to reimburse Medicaid. Please note at this point you will not be able to negotiate the bill and would have to pay same amount Medicaid paid the hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mum2bee:
Hi everyone my cousin just applied for a B1/B2 visa and she was denied. I was hoping she would come with me when I have my baby in the next few months. She really doesn't need to travel but i'm the one asking her to so she can help with my 2.5year old so I am basically her sponsor. She works for an architectural firm and she makes her own money, obviously not as much as me so that's why I decided to sponsor her which im actually doing cos I am paying for her ticket and all. She wasn't asked any questions just what her purpose was (vacation and to help me with my toddler) and where she had travelled to (Ghana and China)

Im thinking maybe she should reapply! Any thoughts on this my people?
Your cousin might not have any strong tie in Nigeria, it's very hard to a young and unmarried to get visiting visa. she might be seen as she will never come back to Nigeria. Well she can reapply again in Abuja but the reason that she's coming with you to take care of your baby is not valid enough to some VO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by amethyst8: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2015
Call the hospital Medical records department and ask the status of the birth certificate. Insist that u want it expedited. That will make it faster. At the hospital ask for the state file number if they say they have sent it to the Vital Statistics Office.
Also goggle he number of the Vital Statics office to follow up.

Once u get the birth certificate, call the Philly Passport Agency to book an appointment.

anwuri2:
Hello house.,
trust all the mamas are well. Thank God.
Please can someone assist. I just had my baby at dcmh in delaware county area of penssylvania. Anyone with the experience on how long it took to get the birth certificate issued In this state and steps taken to get baby's documents. I want to leave here as soon as possible. Please advise. Thank you...
expecting a response soon.

There is crozier Chester hospital and delaware county memorial hospital. Both hospitals are run by the crozier Chester group. They charge 1500 for doc/obgny and 6000 for hospital. This fee is both for natural and cs . Same price. You will source for pediatrician which should come to about 600 dollars But this depends on the no of days stay at the hospital. If you are having cs. You will pay for anaesthesia which cost at 1250. And finally you will run test/ blood works. They accept results from Nigeria but which ever is not there u will have to do. There labs are very affordable. Be prepared to pay for scans though which cost like 45 dollars. Then for your sake, baby sake and God's sake . Don't come in thru pHilly. Just enter jeje thru new York.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deltawife: 1:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Hello this thread has given so much to me need to share my travel experience. i used a BA FLIGHT FROM LAGOS TO NEWYORK. was delayed in london for 5 hours till we got to newyork. point of entry the officer asked what i wanted to do i said vacation and a course
(cos i kept wondering is that they cant see my big belle ni ) he said where will you be staying gave him my hotel booking and i was off. about to wheel my luggage out food inspection stopped me asked what do i have i said egusi, he said do you want to plant it i said you cant plant grinded seeds he just laughed and sent me on my way.. (note i had ogi, crayfish,stockfish,egusi,ogbono, in my bag)...made a dash to terminal 8 to us airways to catch my flight to houston ws delayed another 5 hrs got to houston at 1am. luckily for me my darling brother in law was still waiting for me. end of story it was Jesus all the way.... pls need a cab to be taking me around any personal cab or pple anybody can recommed, this yellow cab is expensive o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
dyout:

Lolz... you are pouring ur anger on her?

i expected her to might have searched for it, since she posted it here.

nefertitiram:

Am vexing abi? No mind me jor

Actually if she searched, she will see BSharon's extensive breakdown on Methodist Sugarland including epidural, Doc (Dr. Amajoh or so). Very insightful one at that

@ dyout. thanks alot for inferring correctly that I had searched the forum already but I think both you and nefertitiram either misread my post or misunderstood it or sum1 was jst vexing). Anyways, nowhere in that post did I ask for the initial cost breakdown of Methodist sugarland - I had seen Bsharons post already. What I asked about was if any other person got treated to the hidden bills issue like below and how they resolved it.. and also how the final bill compared to the overall experience of birthing there

anonymousmum:
Hello all, smiley
Congratulations to all the new mamas and papas in the house. I see most of the egbons of the thread have had their LOs...

My family that I used as their house as mailing address just informed me (just 2 weeks ago) that I have an invoice for hospital lab test - this is after I have gotten zero balance from the hospital o!

I called the hospital, they said that lab charges separately. Called the lab, and got 50% discount so I quickly paid that one (before one kain Medicaid will come and do oversabi and pay for me) and obtained zero balance for the expense.

and this....

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/355#30489959

and this.....

https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/355#30499539

Bsharon seems to be the last person on this forum that used Methodist but her last post was b4 her EDD, so we can't say If she got some 'extra' bills or not

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shawlar(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
myelle:

Hi myelle,
Congrats on your LO.
I hope you didn't get any other 'hidden/extra' charges from Houston Methodist sugarland..? Kindly confirm the total amount u paid and if you have received your zero balance from the hosp. Details of your doc would also be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.