Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891744 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 12:57am On Aug 29, 2015
Try Emory... It's not so expensive
webprince:

Hi @firsttymum

Pls do you know any other affordable Hospital for delivery in Atlanta aside Grady and Northside?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 1:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Thought to update the house on my documentation experience. What I learnt however is do NOT just accept whatever u r told and go to sleep while trying to get your baby's documents, almost everything can be expedited.

After I gave birth, I filled the BC form and Was under the impression that I would get it in a few days... Only to be told it would take btw a month to 6 weeks... I told them it's impossible that I needed it asap cos I have to process documents and go back to my country... I called the hospital everyday and they referred me to the county and I called them severally too, to cut the long story short, I got my BC in less than a week.

Next was Naija passport, filled d form n bought the money order, once I linked the money order to my application, I din't wait for innovates confirmation(which came 2 days later BTW), I called Naija embassy and was told to come with what I had, got there at 12noon and got the passport at 3pm. I dint tip anyone or pay expedited.

Called US passport Agency, got an appointment which was about 2weeks away, I dint have the patience plus DH was going back and he wanted all paper work completely done, so we went to the post office and submitted WITHOUT SSN cos it wasn't out yet. (in this case just enter zeros). Once it came in the mail, I called the NY passport Agency and they inputted the SSN, then I told the lady I was traveling soon and all that I din't get an early appointment that's y I opted for the post office blah blah...long story short.... Passport came in after 10days.

After I got it, called them for the BC, was told i would get it within 2 weeks, again I told them I'm leaving soon blah blah, I got it in less than a week.(4days after).

Hospital Zero balance also obtained. Everything gotten within about 3weeks altogether.

Baby's ticket was bought in Naija by DH for about 150$ against the almost 400$ I was charged when I wanted to buy at the airport...

Ready to go home but I hv postpartum appointment which is included in my package so I'll stay and get checked before I port back home.

It's just better to have all documents sorted out while waiting than last minute rush.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mammabear: 1:46am On Aug 29, 2015
For those who still need baby's documents, if you are nearby a US Passport Center or can travel to one of the three passport cities WITH YOUR BABY (NY, DC, ATL - Nigerian Consulate and US Passport Center in same city) you can walk-in and get both passports within 2-3 days. In addition to the usual documents, you will need baby's itinerary/flight ticket showing baby is traveling within 1-2 weeks. This is an exception, and not the rule - the website and phone agents won't tell you this when you call. The social security card or number is not required for an infant...only the birth certificate is required for passport processing.

But make sure you get your baby's SSN card before leaving. If the card gets into the wrong hands, that can be trouble o. Even some hosts will secretly copy your baby's SSN and use your baby to file taxes to reduce their tax liability and collect more refund from IRS for years without telling you. Beware!

ewa2014:

Called US passport Agency, got an appointment which was about 2weeks away, I dint have the patience plus DH was going back and he wanted all paper work completely done, so we went to the post office and submitted WITHOUT SSN cos it wasn't out yet. (in this case just enter zeros). Once it came in the mail, I called the NY passport Agency and they inputted the SSN, then I told the lady I was traveling soon and all that I din't get an early appointment that's y I opted for the post office blah blah...long story short.... Passport came in after 10days.

After I got it, called them for the BC, was told i would get it within 2 weeks, again I told them I'm leaving soon blah blah, I got it in less than a week.(4days after).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 2:30am On Aug 29, 2015
ozycy:

After dancing kirikata, grin kindly come back and give us your POE gist. Which accommodation did you finally settle with? Soulcr or SOJ? Ehe pls who have bought PTA of recent?

grin grin. I am back to answer your questions, I settled for Spring of Joy and I am enjoying every bit of it.( I know u ll say u tot I am on budget), yes it's better for me on the long run. I bought BTA ( 5000 usd) from travelex at the airport with no hassle after Access bank frustrated my life for two days over reactivation of my dormant acc at 203.98 but Access rate was 199.5 plus 1% charge and 5% of the 1% as VAT.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 3:03am On Aug 29, 2015
POE STORY. POE WAS DALLAS, YES I CHOP CHICKEN LIVER WHEN IT COMES TO FLYING DIRECT TO HOUSTON grin grin
Got to Dallas with Emirates. Connecting to my onward flight in Dubai was stressful cos we landed less than an hour b4 our next flight so we were asked to wait at the foot of air craft and from there we practically ran all the way to the boarding gate. I requested for wheel chair b4 boarding for Dallas not knowing what to expect there too. I was d only preggie but we were about 40 9jas on the flight.
CBP: hello good morning
ME: Good morning sir, handed my passport to him
CBP: where are you going?
ME: Houston
CBP: Why Houston?
ME: Cos that's where I wish to go this time.
CBP: how long are you staying?
ME: 8 weeks
CBP: 8 weeks! Why 8 weeks are you pregnant?
ME: yes ( he stood up to confirm)
CBP: So you re going to give birth in Houston
ME: yes
CBP: how much do you have?
ME: 8003 dollars.
CBP: what are you u going to do with 8000
ME: pay my bills
CBP: How much is ur hospital bill
ME: about 5500
CBP: ok place your right fingers on the screen. And he stamped me in for 6 months,no secondary inspection, and was wheeled to agriculture, nothing was seized, my bags were passed through the scanner and I had chicken indomie and chicken and beef knorr with dry fish, dry leaves, stock fish, egusi etc.
So let me continue sipping my agbalomo juice grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Aniya29: 3:41am On Aug 29, 2015
Nasadiva:

grin grin. I am back to answer your questions, I settled for Spring of Joy and I am enjoying every bit of it.( I know u ll say u tot I am on budget), yes it's better for me on the long run. I bought BTA ( 5000 usd) from travelex at the airport with no hassle after Access bank frustrated my life for two days over reactivation of my dormant acc at 203.98 but Access rate was 199.5 plus 1% charge and 5% of the 1% as VAT.
Nasadiva:

Nasadiva:
POE STORY. POE WAS DALLAS, YES I CHOP CHICKEN LIVER WHEN IT COMES TO FLYING DIRECT TO HOUSTON grin grin
Got to Dallas with Emirates. Connecting to my onward flight in Dubai was stressful cos we landed less than an hour b4 our next flight so we were asked to wait at the foot of air craft and from there we practically ran all the way to the boarding gate. I requested for wheel chair b4 boarding for Dallas not knowing what to expect there too. I was d only preggie but we were about 40 9jas on the flight.
CBP: hello good morning
ME: Good morning sir, handed my passport to him
CBP: where are you going?
ME: Houston
CBP: Why Houston?
ME: Cos that's where I wish to go this time.
CBP: how long are you staying?
ME: 8 weeks
CBP: 8 weeks! Why 8 weeks are you pregnant?
ME: yes ( he stood up to confirm)
CBP: So you re going to give birth in Houston
ME: yes
CBP: how much do you have?
ME: 8003 dollars.
CBP: what are you u going to do with 8000
ME: pay my bills
CBP: How much is ur hospital bill
ME: about 5500
CBP: ok place your right fingers on the screen. And he stamped me in for 6 months,no secondary inspection, and was wheeled to agriculture, nothing was seized, my bags were passed through the scanner and I had chicken indomie and chicken and beef knorr with dry fish, dry leaves, stock fish, egusi etc.
So let me continue sipping my agbalomo juice grin
congrat dear

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Olaideodes

That has to be so painful... Kpele dear....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 6:21am On Aug 29, 2015
webprince:

Hi @firsttymum

Pls do you know any other affordable Hospital for delivery in Atlanta aside Grady and Northside?
Sorry I'm not Atlanta bound so I have little or no interest in that area.
U can type "hospital in Atlanta" in d search option and see what u can get
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2015
Nasadiva:

grin grin. I am back to answer your questions, I settled for Spring of Joy and I am enjoying every bit of it.( I know u ll say u tot I am on budget),
Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that people are already using SOJ as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:23am On Aug 29, 2015
nefertitiram:

Go through new york

Wev been hearing tough JFK stories for a while now .

No where is idiot proof. People should learn to be as honest as possible and carry the requisite supporting document

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2015
mammabear:

10. If you will be returning to Nigeria within less than 4weeks after your baby's birth, it will be faster and easier to find your way to NewYork, Washington DC, or Atlanta, GA where you can process BOTH the baby's US passport and Nigerian passport and get both within 2-3 days. You will need to include transportation or flight costs for you and your baby to these passport cities.

Hope this helps someone.

Nice list

re: no 10

In Houston I got my bc, American Pali and Naija visa within two weeks of birth so of you are in Houston and in a hurry you don't need to travel to another state. Just get yourself organized asap and start the processing

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TMJDiva: 7:30am On Aug 29, 2015
Hello house,

Please does anyone have info on cheap shipping services from California preferably Los Angeles or San Diego region. The cheap ones are far from me like one in Ohio who ships regularly and accepts $50 per box. But the cost of me shipping from Cali to ohio already nullifies the cheapness...lol.

Any useful info will be most appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2015
Can please stop reposting or quoting entire posts, so the thread doesn't become unnecessarily long? Since we can easily reference using the person's name.
Thanks in advance

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:01am On Aug 29, 2015
No offense but Please leave my PM ALONE...

Today I will try my best to answer any question asked here to the best of my knowledge. Questions I can't answer will enter voicemail lol.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2015
favoredgal:

Nice list

re: no 10

In Houston I got my bc, American Pali and Naija visa within two weeks of birth so of you are in Houston and in a hurry you don't need to travel to another state. Just get yourself organized asap and start the processing
people even get it less than 2 weeks sef

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=mammabear post=37444775]Thanks for sharing. Take home points...
Thank you for sharing these points.

please refere to your point No 5 do you know any hospital that has all inclusive package? Maybe in Atlanta or Califonia.

thank you for your help
5. Ensure your package includes hospital fees, doctor's fees, ultrasounds, lab tests, epidural, anesthesiologist fees, pediatrician fees, baby screening tests and required immunization
5. Be sure to ask if your hospital or doctor offers discount for expenses not covered under the package
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2015
Olaideodes, it's well with you. So sorry about the bill and it's a lesson to everyone of us too. I have a free accommodation, free meal and free transportation and more helping hands at Maryland but I turned them down for El Paso because there's no medical all inclusive maternity package over there . This means the bill can skyrocket when there's any medical emergency. My inlaws were not happy with our decision but in the end they saw reasons with me.

When issues come up, you will be on your own. Always stick to decisions that will pay you in the end. May God provide for you speedily. Amen

One more thing! Never be ashamed to ask for a discount even when it is a fixed fee. You may be lucky to get some discounts because you are paying cash.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:45am On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=omote1981 post=37451126][/quote] for Atlanta just open the link and start reading and jotting
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=Atlanta+hospital&board=2

California check page 66 (chikaokpala posted her delivery package) page 252, and follow up on the person talking about California hospitals
Search for mamatobenna, omary83, Zedaii and yuddiepro

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2015
Nogen I said the exact thing some weeks back.

may God give her the grace md finances to settle her bills

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Austine2020: 10:55am On Aug 29, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
@Bbsy
See I don't use to give soft advice so apologies before hand.
1st issue. U lied during your interview. Why?
2nd issue. You were pregnant when u got the visa. U didn't mention if you were asked. I can safely assume they didn't cos of the ist issue.
3rd issue. U sent a notification of change of intent withou stating the intent. U think say them be mumu? Who have u seen sending a vague 'change of intent mail'? The cbp looking at your mail will laugh and decipher that u wanted to pull one over their eyes.
My advice? Send a proper mail and sort out the mess created cos e go better for u than to spend above 300k to be insulted, kept in a holding room and deported with belle. Come clean now now now and then even after that pick a nice poe (won't mention one now make dem no de dere to waylay u cheesy )
Congrats on the belle mbok
I wonder why she sent an Email to CBP in the US while others are sending their intent change Emails to US Embassy in NIG to get the normal reply?.May be because of the mistakes she made when obtaining the Visa. Had it been that she has used the Visa for vacation first before now,it should have been better. As for me,it is too risky to start sending Intent change Email to the US emabssy in Nig,rather let her travel like that,but she must arm her self with All required Documents as she can read from this forum, May be she can make some deposits to the hospital in the US,Good amount money & be ready to defend her self with her mouth incase of any eventuality.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:12am On Aug 29, 2015
Those who have used or is using oakbend where are their other locations aside Richmond. I'm aware delivery is Williams way. But what of clinic visit? I know they have in Houston and sugarland ... What's d addy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Austine2020:
I wonder why she sent an Email to CBP in the US while others are sending their intent change Emails to US Embassy in NIG to get the normal reply?.May be because of the mistakes she made when obtaining the Visa. Had it been that she has used the Visa for vacation first before now,it should have been better. As for me,it is too risky to start sending Intent change Email to the US emabssy in Nig,rather let her travel like that,but she must arm her self with All required Documents as she can read from this forum, May be she can make some deposits to the hospital in the US,Good amount money & be ready to defend her self with her mouth incase of any eventuality.
if she tries traveling like that she might b bounced back. Cbp officials will see it as outright lies... Her Poe shldnt be houston and it's likes.... Those people hate lies or what seem like lies...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by feddy27: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2015
firsttymum:
Those who have used or is using oakbend where are their other locations aside Richmond. I'm aware delivery is Williams way. But what of clinic visit? I know they have in Houston and sugarland ... What's d addy?

Clinic visits are at the doctor's office. It depends on your doctor. Dr F has 4 locations, there is also a doctor's pavilion for some oakbend doctors at sugarland
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Aniya29: 11:33am On Aug 29, 2015
Nogen:
Olaideodes, it's well with you. So sorry about the bill and it's a lesson to everyone of us too. I have a free accommodation, free meal and free transportation and more helping hands at Maryland but I turned them down for El Paso because there's no medical all inclusive maternity package over there . This means the bill can skyrocket when there's any medical emergency. My inlaws were not happy with our decision but in the end they saw reasons with me.

When issues come up, you will be on your own. Always stick to decisions that will pay you in the end. May God provide for you speedily. Amen

One more thing! Never be ashamed to ask for a discount even when it is a fixed fee. You may be lucky to get some discounts because you are paying cash.
i asked for discount but was only given 30%. Ashamed ke ?.thanks anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Hi, @ Zedaii @MamaTobenna @OMary83 please share what areas of Cali you had your babies hopital physician etc and any infor I need to know.

Thanx I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
ozycy:

After dancing kirikata, grin kindly come back and give us your POE gist. Which accommodation did you finally settle with? Soulcr or SOJ? Ehe pls who have bought PTA of recent?

I got from access bank @ 199.5

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2015
Aniya29:
congrat dear

Thanks dear. I bless great pple of this forum, they are saving lives.

ozycy:

Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that people are already using SOJ as well.

Replied ur PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:22pm On Aug 29, 2015
Sorry, i didn't deliver in Atlanta- try shawbabe, mrsdan and ewa.

Popular hospitals - Northside, Emory.

You can also try Piedmont - they are reasonably priced for normal delivery.

webprince:

Hi FinanceFitness, Pls I will like to ask you some questions about your previous delivery in Atlanta. How can I reach you? phone or email.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 1:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
I'm a New York mama... But yeah I have some info on Northside and Emory Hospitals in ATL...

FinanceFitness:
Sorry, i didn't deliver in Atlanta- try shawbabe, mrsdan and ewa.

Popular hospitals - Northside, Emory.

You can also try Piedmont - they are reasonably priced for normal delivery.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
omote1981:
Hi, @ Zedaii @MamaTobenna @OMary83 please share what areas of Cali you had your babies hopital physician etc and any infor I need to know.

Thanx I appreciate.
r u for real? So u can't search their names and copy down d hospital they used?

Haba! How will someone feed u and then u now ask d person to remove the meat in ur teeth?

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:35pm On Aug 29, 2015
feddy27:

Clinic visits are at the doctor's office. It depends on your doctor. Dr F has 4 locations, there is also a doctor's pavilion for some oakbend doctors at sugarland
yer I get! What's d addy? Is it d Williams way own?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2015
Bbsy:
Hi everyone,
Am a firt timer and have been reading ds thread from part 1. Am due december 2015 and I got my visa in April with my family for my sisters graduation which we eventually ddnt go for cos she wasnt giving enough time off work as she is a Doc. in Nigeria here.
1) my sister filled that i wasnt married, which i was as i got married in march.
So sorry for the long story. Pls I need your response and be nice pls

My story is just like urs, i got my visa when i was barely a month pregnant and it was gotten to attend a prog in US. I wasnt asked if i was pregnant during my interview and i didnt tell the VO i was pregnant. I had very terrible morning sickness at the time of the prog so i couldnt travel. I decided to use the vusa for child birth and i sent a change of intent letter to the embassy,got the custom reply and travelled with it. My POE was dallas and it was bliss, so i dont think u ve any problems. Try send a letter to the embassy n explain why u couldnt go for the graduation. Also,choose a POE like Dallas or JFK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.