Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891733 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2015
Depending on the state, you don't need international driving licence if you have original driving licence. In two state i have visited in the State alll the ask me is my drivers licence. I think after six months you will not use your home country licence to driver again but make sure the car you are hiring has insurance on it.
firsttymum:
will try and do the VIO one on Monday... I have d original naija drivers license... Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2015
happychild15:
Pls tell us how na. grin grin I'm in houston as as well

quote author=favoredgal post=37448384]

Nice list

re: no 10

In Houston I got my bc, American Pali and Naija visa within two weeks of birth so of you are in Houston and in a hurry you don't need to travel to another state. Just get yourself organized asap and start the processing

Collected birth certificate three days after birth (at least for fort bend county). Go on the internet Fill and print out the forms, call Houston down town to get appointment.

Collect passport the next day after appointment (some people are able to get same day).

Buy overnight envelope and money order from post office and send American passport and all requirement to your agent In Atlanta. Got my passport back with Naija visa within 4 days of doing that.

Total time taken: 2 weeks post birth

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2015
nefertitiram:

Hehehe, yes ooo! She's the one o!

Congrats Nef!!!! Happy for u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2015
julzz:
Congrats nerf.

Pls how do you go about booking on delta airline, whenever I try to on their webpage I always get.

"Only flights originating from these countries can currently be booked at delta.com. Please select another departure city or contact us through one of our worldwide reservations numbers "

Any tip on how to get cheap air ticket for oct-dec will be appreciated, thanks.

Also has anyone had issues flying with qatar airways at 34weeks? Thanks.

U have to go to their office. You can use waka now to get a sense of the price for the days u want
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nonso213(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Mum2bee:
Please I have a question to all the mamas/papas who have used british airways and have needed to make changes to their tickets. Please what were the charges like? Someone has said that it can be quite high because they also add the difference in fare between your old date and the new one? (The way my stomach turned when I heard this ehn....Strong shit hooked me....LOL)Any one with this experience please shed more light biko.

I have bought my tickets already (Bought when it was really cheap) and now I may have to change my return date and im so worried cos id be changing tickets for 3 people!

Please help a sister out!

You are even lucky they allowed you to change. bought promotional ticket from then for wifey, she cancelled her return date when she got there and only for them to tell her that she cant change the date again. that she has to buy a new return ticket for N500k +
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by adebrave(f): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2015
nefertitiram:

Yes ooo,
I don born ooo, a super duper whooper oyinbo mega baby girl. With a headfull of curly hair to go.

Was through CS so I am still recovering in the hosp.

We bless God

A big Congratulations 2 my dear on d safe arrival of ur newest family member!!!
Tho its been a long journey but its been proved that Baba God is still on the throne. I'm so happy for u babes.
May babyhood be filled with lots of Joy n make for lots of wonderful memories. She shall be great in life and be a blessing to her generations in Jesus Name. Amen. The Lord will heal n strengthens you. Well done Nerf oops mummy princess....

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by happychild15: 11:22am On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks grin

quote author=favoredgal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2015
Phema:
Congrats Nefertitiram!!! I did follow your story, and I've got to say, you are one strong blessed woman. Kisses to your bundle of joy. kiss kiss kiss

Super duper blessed i tell you & my boy's wifey is really a bundle!!! cheesy..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
bigfido:
please can you explain the bolded part?

did you buy the BTA when you got to POE with travelex on your card or you went to travelex office here to buy the BTA? did they stamp at the back of your passport if you bought it at their office here?

Bought at travelex off @ MM INTL LAGOS. They stamped my passport. You need certificate of incorporation and a letter from the company nominating you to buy BTA, ur ticket and pp just like bank.

@ NERF congratulation dear, so happy for you. My kisses to our princess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
nefertitiram:

Yes ooo,
I don born ooo, a super duper whooper oyinbo mega baby girl. With a headfull of curly hair to go.

Was through CS so I am still recovering in the hosp.

We bless God
Wow! Congratulations dearie. The battle have been won! kiss kiss Regards to your LO. Waiting for your Horror film birth story, lol grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
donchuky:
Depending on the state, you don't need international driving licence if you have original driving licence. In two state i have visited in the State alll the ask me is my drivers licence. I think after six months you will not use your home country licence to driver again but make sure the car you are hiring has insurance on it.
better safe than sorry... Will get do stuff from VIO I don't want to get there and dey start requesting for it. Lol
Thanks for the advice... Will ensure it has insurance, but wait will I just ask d owner of d car for d insurance?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2015
favoredgal:

Buy overnight envelope and money order from post office and send American passport and all requirement to your agent In Atlanta. Got my passport back with Naija visa within 4 days of doing that.
Which shipping company did you use to send the docs(return envelope) ? Like how much did it cost you? The last time I used FedEx, I paid over $90
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OsyCollins(m): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good day Mummies & Daddies!
I had been on this thread since the 30th of May, two nights b4 our scheduled interview. I couldn't read the whole thread as I had only 2 days by d interview but I read from pg 80 to about 125 or so b4 going for d interview. I must say u guys are doing some great jobs that only God will reward you especially in the lives of ur LOs that u have laboured for. Quite an educating & inspiring thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OsyCollins(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
So, our story/testimony (part 1) goes thus;

Applied for B1B2 for wifey & I, we showed up that Monday morning only for wifey to be turned back due to barcode error. I proceeded for d interview that went sth like this.
VO: Gd morning with a bright smile ( white man @ counter 9 (Abuja).
Me:morning sir, hope ur weekend was great?
Vo:sure, what are u going to d New York for?
Me: vacation, got married last yr, couldn't travel for honeymoon proper due to office demands, intends marking anniversary there
Vo: so, how is ur spouse?
Me: good, but for barcode issues she should have been here with me.
Vo: u work?
Me: yes
Vo: where & how much do u earn?
Me: xx xx & xx xx xx
VO: I see, u went to UK recently
Me:yes, training sponsored by office.
Vo: does ur spouse work?
Me: yes & earns xx xx xx but a the sponsor for d trip
VO:where do u intend to visit @NY?
Me: Brooklyn botanic garden, Manhattan heights, time sqr, madison sqr garden.......
VO:pick up ur visa on Thursday & do enjoy ur stay

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OsyCollins(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
My wife's was rescheduled severally (u remember when they had network issues around June/July) but she eventually went & was granted too. She told them she was dependent on my visa which has been granted already

Fast forward last Wednesday, we left Abuja throw Heathrow to JFK. After the long queue like 1+ hour, got to custom officer (wifey was 32 was gone).
CBP: Hello, what are u in d states for?
Me: holiday
CBP:only holiday (while typing on his system)
Me: muttered delivery (almost sure he didn't hear)
CBP:how long are u here?
Me: 1 week but she will stay till November
Me: saw his nametag same as d surname of a famous Spanish footballer, so, I joked " xxxx xx as in the footballer's first name?
CBP: I wish laughingly
he stamped both of in

We couldn't find our luggages, so we were headed for d luggage section when another officer asked for my landing card, saw that I declared food, asked for d boxes, I told him they weren't brought, he said oh that's better, we would look @ them once they land.

We now left after lodging complaints of not seeing our boxes. D luggages were delivered to my aunt's address the next evening & though the keys were destroyed but nothing was taken away (we had dried fish, crayfish, or a leaf, u zila, okapi, bitterleaf, groundnut, melon, ogbono, Maggi (but not chicken flavour), frozen pap, spices etc.none of them were touched. GOD IS NOT ONLY FAITHFULL (HE IS JEHOVAH-OVER DO). I thank Him & I celebrate u alol for the wealth of knowledge u make available.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uptown17: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2015
Good day house

so i looked up intown suites & their site wont allow you book for more than 30days. for birthing, i need about 9weeks stay.
as i have booked for just 1month, would this be ok should the VO ask for this document? OR do i have to cancel intown & look for another extended stay that will allow booking for 9weeks.

for those who used intown suites, pls share how u got this right for Interview and POE

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Hi hi. ..
Lemme get something str8...
Do u plan to get a "car rental" or simply use someone else's car there. ..because if it's cat rental is ur choice n risk whether or not to buy insurance. ...then if u re using someone else's car, their insurance plan had got to cover u (being 3rd party) or else my sister, sorry it's the car because there's no abeg ejorh o' with those guys when there's an emergency/incident. .

I ll look up car hiring if it's something different from d regular car rental we know.

firsttymum:
better safe than sorry... Will get do stuff from VIO I don't want to get there and dey start requesting for it. Lol
Thanks for the advice... Will ensure it has insurance, but wait will I just ask d owner of d car for d insurance?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
uptown17:
Good day house

so i looked up intown suites & their site wont allow you book for more than 30days. for birthing, i need about 9weeks stay.
as i have booked for just 1month, would this be ok should the VO ask for this document? OR do i have to cancel intown & look for another extended stay that will allow booking for 9weeks.

for those who used intown suites, pls share how u got this right for Interview and POE

thank you

the Vo might not even ask,but if that's the only option,you will explain to him,and ur intentions to extend when baby comes.

All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by LME2614: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
uptown17:
Good day house

thank you

You can also check soul care or pampered stay. Although I guess soul care might want you to make your booking with an extended stay apartment for visa purpose,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by OsyCollins(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
Now, the hospital part.

Got to the hospital on Thursday (Brooklyn Hospital Centre), my aunt had already opened a file there and deposited $1000 With them b4 we arrived. So we proceeded with PT & was eventually given the bills which are as follows

Hospital fees: $4980 (includes 2 prenatal & 2 post partum visits, baby & mother hospital stay for 2 nights) for vaginally delivery
Faculty Dr's fee: $1200

It does not include epidural shall. so we completed both fees, had a bit of look around Friday & Saturday. I left US on Saturday night currently reporting from London Heathrow as our flight is 10:40PM to Abuja.

Once again, I thank God for favour all the way as we await the part 2 of our American dream & celebrate u guys, as we pray that God grants those trusting Him for this kind of favor, a higher dimension of His favour and goodness.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
Let me rant...
My host handed me an already opened envelop. Turns out it's my baby's SSN card. angry angry
I'm really pissed right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Opened ... how come? something is amiss... My sister hung on to my baby's SSN for almost a year and i got it unopened.. You can find out if there is a way to notify the authorities that you got it with the envelop opened. Else you just hope and pray his SSN is not used for doggy ish... Pele.

Congrats @ nefertitiram. God bless your family.

Beryl15:
Let me rant...
My host handed me an already opened envelop. Turns out it's my baby's SSN card. angry angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:
Let me rant...

Ha! that na rubish now.How come your host opened a mail that was not addressed to him or her. What is to stop him or her from copying the SSN number before handing the mail over to you.
He or she is a suspect,shikina!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:
Let me rant...

Oh dear, something is definitely up. Check through Tvegas' posts, you will see a link he posted on how to check your baby's SSN history. Check to see if it has already been activated and call the appropriate authorities.

Don't fret or confront your aunty yet until you do your checks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:
Let me rant...
That's bull crap. I think I have a post about how to report any activity. You need to para, vex and shout for your host. Tell them you will involve the police and they should have it in mind that you will monitor the activity of the SSN. The person knew it was SSN and opened, wrote out the number and end up filing the next tax with it. . Voila !!

I will repost how to detect Ssn fraud.

Pele

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
Phema:

Oh dear, something is definitely up. Check through Tvegas' posts, you will see a link he posted on how to check your baby's SSN history. Check to see if it has already been activated and call the appropriate authorities.

She will not know anything now until the aunt files her next tax.

The aunt will claim the baby as a dependent. It's won't affect the baby but if anyone is not comfortable with it, the host should respect that.

I actually had somone who asked me if I could use there baby SSN to file tax, I said No. Its addition kike $1000-1500 but I hate headache and won't shit the system.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
ejisky:
Opened ... how come? something is amiss... My sister hung on to my baby's SSN for almost a year and i got it unopened.. You can find out if there is a way to notify the authorities that you got it with the envelop opened. Else you just hope and pray his SSN is not used for doggy ish... Pele

dere5:

Ha! that na rubish now.How come your host opened a mail that was not addressed to him or her. What is to stop him or her from copying the SSN number before handing the mail over to you.
He or she is a suspect,shikina!
Phema:

zeezahbee:
That's bull crap. I think I have a post about how to report any activity. You need to para, vex and shout for your host. Tell them you will involve the police and they should have it in mind that you will monitor the activity of the SSN. The person knew it was SSN and opened, wrote out the number and end up filing the next tax with it. . Voila !!
Pele
She opened it. Said she was wondering what it was. Like really
I don't know if she copied it. She actually mentioned filing for taxes before I even gave birth sef.
Now this...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:

I don't know if she copied it. She actually mentioned filing for taxes before I even gave birth sef. Now this...
"Wondering what it was" even when it wasn't addressed to her. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ firsttymum, pls check this for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
zeezahbee:

Pele

Please can you kindly share. My own story is that my sister told me she couldn't file taxes without including my son because I had him in her house ( Big fat lie) but unfortunately for me I believed. Didn't know my blood could do such. Fast forward 3 years I asked her to stop otherwise I would report her though it was a big fight she said she will.I feel betrayed. With my second, I hugged the SSN number to my chest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
Since she is your host you have to thread carefully. Just make it clear to her that she shouldnt use it when filing her taxes and that if she does you would know. Taxes are filed first quarter of the year; ensure you monitor the SSN since it is possible and take necessary actions if need be.

Beryl15:

I don't know if she copied it. She actually mentioned filing for taxes before I even gave birth sef.
Now this...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Settle the issue amicably o since its your sister... if you report them na big yawa o.. You may end up wishing you didnt involve the authorities...

bbaby84:

Please can you kindly share. My own story is that my sister told me she couldn't file taxes without including my son because I had him in her house ( Big fat lie) but unfortunately for me I believed. Didn't know my blood could do such. Fast forward 3 years I asked her to stop otherwise I would report her though it was a big fight she said she will. I need to know she has stopped if not I would truly report her and her hubby. I feel betrayed. With my second, I hugged the SSN number to my chest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.