Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894001 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nwunyeebuka(f): 9:55pm On Sep 01, 2015
I have just been notified that Missouri Baptist Medical Center is no longer accepting international maternity patients
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maswii: 10:29pm On Sep 01, 2015
@bbaby84 no offense meant.
Thanks for the help

bbaby84:

Sorry I suggested him o. Thought you were just looking for Dr contact for visa purposes ( visa you've been applying for since April ). I never said he should take your delivery. I shan't be so forward next time. Peace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hull everyone, any February houston bound Mum in the house? Think am ready for the search runs now. Pls let's rub minds on accommodation and prolly Hosp, still trying to get the best deal with either Oakbend, Methodist or West Houston. As per cost concern nah
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Peebles23(f): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2015
Dammiehar:

I sent you a pm and I have not gotten any reply from you. I am also going for VBAC in Texas, I was in the US last month to see the doctor and he is going ahead with it. I will be leaving in three weeks time as I am due in May. The prices are very affordable, get in touch pls.
Please @dammiehar can u help me with the information u got about hospitals nd doctors that accept vbac? In houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 12:38am On Sep 02, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:
I have just been notified that Missouri Baptist Medical Center is no longer accepting international maternity patients

I do hope its not either of those scary witch & wizard at Chicago POE's handiwork!!!

nefertitiram:

See vexing!!!

Yes nah, implication tinz..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 02, 2015
My POE experience

Travelled last sun 23rd Aug @37wks..landed houston wt my mum &2kids.kept my son's blue pali in front of ours. An officer came to me &asked who is d citizen on line..I sd my son asked if I had a green card,I sd no..as she was abt leavin, I sd if u don't mind can I go to d front as u can see am heavy..she smiled &asked me 2..

Officer: who is ds(d blue pali
Me: my son
Off: u had him here early last yr &u want to ve anoder as he luks my heavy tummy
Me: yes
Off :insurance or self pay
Me: self pay of course
Off:documents 4pymt wn u had ur son
Me: sorry I mistakenly checked dem in
Off: I believe u buh don't mk such mistake. Ve a wonderful stay &safe delivery wt a gorgeous smile
Me: tks wt a smile..wr do I declare my money
Off: I didn't even luk at ur form..how much..
He directed me..

Stayed in Houston for 2days & flew 2 L.A..ve reg wt Dr Mbagwu & St Francis..waiting 4my lil one..

Goodluck all

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nwunyeebuka(f): 1:40am On Sep 02, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
chenonye:
My POE experience

Travelled last sun 23rd Aug @37wks..landed houston wt my mum &2kids.kept my son's blue pali in front of ours. An officer came to me &asked who is d citizen on line..I sd my son asked if I had a green card,I sd no..as she was abt leavin, I sd if u don't mind can I go to d front as u can see am heavy..she smiled &asked me 2..

Officer: who is ds(d blue pali
Me: my son
Off: u had him here early last yr &u want to ve anoder as he luks my heavy tummy
Me: yes
Off :insurance or self pay
Me: self pay of course
Off:documents 4pymt wn u had ur son
Me: sorry I mistakenly checked dem in
Off: I believe u buh don't mk such mistake. Ve a wonderful stay &safe delivery wt a gorgeous smile
Me: tks wt a smile..wr do I declare my money
Off: I didn't even luk at ur form..how much..
He directed me..

Stayed in Houston for 2days & flew 2 L.A..ve reg wt Dr Mbagwu & St Francis..waiting 4my lil one..

Goodluck all

How do I contact him? I was in touch with Blance. I will be coming Oct but I still can't find accommodation. Thank u and thank God for journey mercy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nwunyeebuka(f): 1:49am On Sep 02, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
modath:

I do hope its not either of those scary witch & wizard at Chicago POE's handiwork!!!

Yes nah, implication tinz..

Lolss I got the mail from hospital and my Dr.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:30am On Sep 02, 2015
Nwunyeebuka:
[color=#006600][/color]

Lolss I got the mail from hospital and my Dr.

I'm serious, what if they made an official report to the powers that be about Mobap & the Drs (mine for POE then was Dr Hosseini) aiding & abetting anchor babies' procurement??

Missouri is so out of the way that you'd wonder what could have caused this fallout!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2015
Mission accomplished grin we (Me, baby and blue pali )landed naija last night.
I got my baby's BC 4 days after I delivered,booked passport appointment only to discovered that my brother notarized an expired consent form.hubby had to fedex another one for me. Waited almost 1week for it. Booked another appointment and got the passport the next day. Send it to Eddy with fedex overnight. Paid $63 for it. I sent it on Wednesday and received it on friday morning. Did last minute shopping on Saturday,packed my bags on sunday and started my Israelite journey (Houston-atl-Amsterdam-lagos) on Monday.

Please for those yet to buy ticket ..don't patronize any agent. Travelstart send me aquote of 370k just to change date from 31st August to 6th sept.

This waka was made possible by this great forum even my host sef was so surprised that I finished all the paper work so fast. Many thanks to y'll

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2015
Hawttattoo:

Please for those yet to buy ticket ..don't patronize any agent. Travelstart send me aquote of 370k just to change date from 31st August to 6th sept.
Welcome back and thank GOD for safe trip. 370 gini? Unfortunately I bought from them just yesterday as they had the cheapest ticket. Even the ticket no near 370k. Thank GOD you didn't Hv to pay the money. How much did you buy your baby's ticket and how? Did you get a bassinet on board?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by veleta: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2015
Pls firsttymum
In the column for (USA Contact), should my husband fill YES that he has relative though the US contact is my cousin or should he fill NO, then for the column for (do you have other relatives in US)should he fill Yes or No as the person is my own cousin.
Pls your input is highly appreciated.
Its better to ask than to make mistake
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ejisky: 7:58am On Sep 02, 2015
@ Justwise can see you were quick to delete my comment. I will put up the comment again when I am less busy. Stop being biased! If u like ban me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 8:50am On Sep 02, 2015
ejisky:
@ Justwise can see you were quick to delete my comment. I will put up the comment again when I am less busy. Stop being biased! If u like ban me

I noticed that some posts were deleted including mine. Abeg o. How was my post offensive?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2015
What do you mean by expired consent form?

Hawttattoo:
Mission accomplished grin we (Me, baby and blue pali )landed naija last night.
I got my baby's BC 4 days after I delivered,booked passport appointment only to discovered that my brother notarized an expired consent form.hubby had to fedex another one for me. Waited almost 1week for it. Booked another appointment and got the passport the next day. Send it to Eddy with fedex overnight. Paid $63 for it. I sent it on Wednesday and received it on friday morning. Did last minute shopping on Saturday,packed my bags on sunday and started my Israelite journey (Houston-atl-Amsterdam-lagos) on Monday.

This waka was made possible by this great forum even my host sef was so surprised that I finished all the paper work so fast. Many thanks to y'll
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2015
ejisky:

Your wish will be fulfilled.

Please no more Dr Akere debate here again, i did not single out your post i deleted other people's post as well but if you refused and re-post it again then you can as well kiss goodbye to this ID

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2015
And my FCMB and Diamond bank ain't giving PTA at the moment. I for open Fidelity account. Now am stuck. I have zenith and access account but it's been dormant. Have any body recently reactivated a dormant account and was given PTA asap?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deeore: 10:25am On Sep 02, 2015
@Bach angel
I was told that by the doctors office cause I have been in contact with them since may,we have been sending mails back and forth and as such they are considering me as one of their old patients before the new fees and would use that as an advantage for me so I can pay the same old quote...i believe what you were told stands for new patients just talking to them now...although u calling d hospital direct would give you the new quote.
u can try the st Marys hospital...i fink one of the doctors at bestobgyn@gmail.com doctors office is affliated with them...don't knw his name just Google it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 11:40am On Sep 02, 2015
It's possible that she bought a promo ticket or a different class that wasn't available on the new date she wanted.

Most agents (especially the big ones) get steep discounts and value tickets from the airlines (because of the volumes they sell) so you'll find that they usually have the lowest rates, but your travel has to be straightforward (no date change, etc) to enjoy the value.

So I won't say don't buy from agents, just make sure you're very sure before you pay.

ozycy:

Welcome back and thank GOD for safe trip. 370 gini? Unfortunately I bought from them just yesterday as they had the cheapest ticket. Even the ticket no near 370k. Thank GOD you didn't Hv to pay the money. How much did you buy your baby's ticket and how? Did you get a bassinet on board?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by onelove29: 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello house,

Its my first time making a comment on NL but i have been enjoying and learning from all the wonderful comments. Please any december mum in the house planning to give birth in chicago?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maswii: 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2015
Nov mum for Chicago. What hospital and doc are you using
onelove29:

Hello house,
Its my first time making a comment on NL but i have been enjoying and learning from all the wonderful comments. Please any december mum in the house planning to give birth in chicago?
onelove29:

Hello house,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
ozycy:
And my FCMB and Diamond bank ain't giving PTA at the moment. I for open Fidelity account. Now am stuck. I have zenith and access account but it's been dormant. Have any body recently reactivated a dormant account and was given PTA asap?
someone did.... like 3 pages away
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello house, after all the research, and ticket vigilante I have finally bought my ticket ABV>FRK>HOU>ELP. Praying for a smooth houston POE as I can't afford to do 31hrs flight because I want to avoid houston. Now na to face PTA search. Wish me luck, I shall be back to give PTA and POE testimony by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by back2dmatter: 3:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
Amen..........

iolite88:
Hello house, after all the research, and ticket vigilante I have finally bought my ticket ABV>FRK>HOU>ELP. Praying for a smooth houston POE as I can't afford to do 31hrs flight because I want to avoid houston. Now na to face PTA search. Wish me luck, I shall be back to give PTA and POE testimony by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by onelove29: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
@maswiii

Please can you send me your email address or send me a mail, my email is on my profile.

would really love to get in touch with you, you know the issue of chicago doctors is a very sensitive one in this thread smiley

maswii post=37594085]Nov mum for Chicago. What hospital and doc are you using
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by trendivaa: 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
@Apple19..I plan to leave for houston end of Jan/early Feb. Did you contact any doctor yet?

Apple19:
Hull everyone, any February houston bound Mum in the house? Think am ready for the search runs now. Pls let's rub minds on accommodation and prolly Hosp, still trying to get the best deal with either Oakbend, Methodist or West Houston. As per cost concern nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.