Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893515 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
zeezahbee:
That's bull crap. I think I have a post about how to report any activity. You need to para, vex and shout for your host. Tell them you will involve the police and they should have it in mind that you will monitor the activity of the SSN. The person knew it was SSN and opened, wrote out the number and end up filing the next tax with it. . Voila !!

I will repost how to detect Ssn fraud.

Pele

Pls don't para, vex or shout for someone that opened the doors of their home to you. There are better ways to handle issues

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:38pm On Aug 30, 2015
ejisky:
Settle the issue amicably o since its your sister... if you report them na big yawa o.. You may end up wishing you didnt involve the authorities...

You're probably right. Doesn't make me feel less betrayed. Why I need to find a way to monitor without putting them in trouble.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
ozycy:

"Wondering what it was" even when it wasn't addressed to her. Hmmm
I was speechless when she said that...
ejisky:
Since she is your host you have to thread carefully. Just make it clear to her that she shouldnt use it when filing her taxes and that if she does you would know. Taxes are filed first quarter of the year; ensure you monitor the SSN since it is possible and take necessary actions if need be.
favoredgal:

Pls don't para, vex or shout for someone hat opened the doors of their home to you. There are better ways to handle issues
Would definitely find a way to handle it cos this family has been super nice and God sent to me and I won't want this to ruin our friendship.
I just didn't expect this.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:
She opened it. [bSaid she was wondering what it was.][/b] Like really
I don't know if she copied it. She actually mentioned filing for taxes before I even gave birth sef.
Now this...

That na over ripe lie na. Haba. That envelop is usually clearly addressed and it can't be mistaken for anything else.

Anyways, you might have to look for a subtle way to express your disappointment. Sternly but politely, tell her you will not take it lightly if she files for taxes with it. Monitor your SSN activities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
It's okay for your extra step effort but the truth is that you don't need it. Are you going to texas? If yes I mean it you don't need the international drivers licence. If is a rental car please buy insurance it is a crime not hAve insurance on the car coz you will pay heavily if any thing happen. If you host have a car surely they will have insurance.
firsttymum:
better safe than sorry... Will get do stuff from VIO I don't want to get there and dey start requesting for it. Lol
Thanks for the advice... Will ensure it has insurance, but wait will I just ask d owner of d car for d insurance?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beryl15:

I was speechless when she said that...

Would definitely find a way to handle it cos this family has been super nice and God sent to me and I won't want this to ruin our friendship.
I just didn't expect this.

And it may be nothing. My sis inlaw also collected my baby's ssn and asked to keep for me.

When I saw the the posts on this thread I checked and nothing! She hasn't use d it for anything. Let's also keep an open mind sometimes not everyone out there is deceitful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
favoredgal:

And it may be nothing. My sis inlaw also collected my baby's ssn and asked to keep for me.

When I saw the the posts on this thread I checked and nothing! She hasn't use d it for anything. Let's also keep an open mind sometimes not everyone out there is deceitful

How did you check if I may ask?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
bbaby84:

How did you check if I may ask?

Will look for it and post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2015
ozycy:

Which shipping company did you use to send the docs(return envelope) ? Like how much did it cost you? The last time I used FedEx, I paid over $90

Can't remember o! But go to the post office and find out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 9:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
favoredgal:

Will look for it and post

Ta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
favor, the para I mean was not to fight. maybe i didn't put it well. it just to let them know at the back of their mind that u don't like what they did .She opened her door because of her current motives. This kind of relatives won't look at your face if the hospital gives you a huge bill. They will leave you to carry your wahala or offer you medicaid.

This act is wrong and will always be wrong. I have hosted people and I know a SSN when it gets to my mail and I will never open such.

Wait till next year may after tax filing and see if your sis in law hasn't use the SSN.

Its actually won't affect the baby but you need to get consent from the parent before using it
favoredgal:

Pls don't para, vex or shout for someone that opened the doors of their home to you. There are better ways to handle issues

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
bbaby84:

Please can you kindly share. My own story is that my sister told me she couldn't file taxes without including my son because I had him in her house ( Big fat lie) but unfortunately for me I believed. Didn't know my blood could do such. Fast forward 3 years I asked her to stop otherwise I would report her though it was a big fight she said she will.I feel betrayed. With my second, I hugged the SSN number to my chest.
I will look for the post and post shortly. Just know that it actually wont affect your baby now and in future but if you are not comfortable. you can report and they stop your sister automatically from using that SSN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
zeezahbee:
She might have probably been filing tax with it. As such, she will claim your child as a dependent and get more money. It doesnt have any effect tho but if you not confortable with that. Contact IRS ANd file a report

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

Fill form 14039 and your aunt will be contacted to return the money she claimed or might be arrested. Your choice tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
zeezahbee:
She might have probably been filing tax with it. As such, she will claim your child as a dependent and get more money. It doesnt have any effect tho but if you not confortable with that. Contact IRS ANd file a report

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

Fill form 14039 and your aunt will be contacted to return the money she claimed or might be arrested. Your choice tho
that was posted sometime in june and tvegas has a similar post on that same day too. this issh happen every time.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=irs.gov&board=2

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:08am On Aug 31, 2015
So I had my baby 5 days ago, birth story posted on the pregnancy thread.
I had to change plans because I had issues at 6mths preg and ended up in the ER (preterm labor) where I met a really fantastic doc who is on the faculty of Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. My hosts insisted I used her instead of travelling all the way to Southside especially given the way the preg was doing me, and offered some financial contribution (aren't they sweethearts).

She monitored the preg, pushed me to almost 40 weeks shocked so tey the baby gathered muscle in there. she ended up taking my delivery at one of their facilities (can't and won't reveal her details, she is My OWN Angel) grin

Anyways, still expecting my bill from their hosp. Trying to get as much rest as I can before I start the paperwork.

Thanks for all your kind messages. Mini me sends her love

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:54am On Aug 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
that was posted sometime in june and tvegas has a similar post on that same day too. this issh happen every time.
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=irs.gov&board=2

This one reports her? I just want to make she or her hubby aren't filing anymore.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by TMJDiva: 4:42am On Aug 31, 2015
Anyone?

TMJDiva:
Hello house,

Please does anyone have info on cheap shipping services from California preferably Los Angeles or San Diego region. The cheap ones are far from me like one in Ohio who ships regularly and accepts $50 per box. But the cost of me shipping from Cali to ohio already nullifies the cheapness...lol.

Any useful info will be most appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 5:42am On Aug 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
favor, the para I mean was not to fight. maybe i didn't put it well. it just to let them know at the back of their mind that u don't like what they did .She opened her door because of her current motives. This kind of relatives won't look at your face if the hospital gives you a huge bill. They will leave you to carry your wahala or offer you medicaid.

This act is wrong and will always be wrong. I have hosted people and I know a SSN when it gets to my mail and I will never open such.

Wait till next year may after tax filing and see if your sis in law hasn't use the SSN.

Its actually won't affect the baby but you need to get consent from the parent before using it

Phew!!!! Because I know it's not easy to host someone for 3 months regardless of what the host's intentions are. Feed the person, take them to doctor's appointment, etc especially in a foreign land.

With regards to my sister in law she has had two filing seasons since I gave birth and she hasn't used it. Will keep checking whenever I remember. My point is not everyone has bad intentions or is a fraud

One love

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 7:06am On Aug 31, 2015
Beryl15:
Let me rant...
My host handed me an already opened envelop. Turns out it's my baby's SSN card. angry angry
I'm really pissed right now.

You should do more than ranting please. Whatever you can do to protect your baby's future , please do it. What nonsense! Why must he or she open it? It's boldly indicated on the envelope - Social security number or something like that . Why open it in the first place
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by customised87: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2015
favoredgal:

Phew!!!! Because I know it's not easy to host someone for 3 months regardless of what the host's intentions are. Feed the person, take them to doctor's appointment, etc especially in a foreign land.

With regards to my sister in law she has had two filing seasons since I gave birth and she hasn't used it. Will keep checking whenever I remember. My point is not everyone has bad intentions or is a fraud

One love

Pls how do you check it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fruitilicious: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2015
MiddyO:
Congrats Nerf! God bless her!

Congrats Nogen and Nerf...
God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 11:31am On Aug 31, 2015
Congrats mama Nef, abeg, tell us the the kg of the God given goddess, I missed the superlative photo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2015
Apple19:
Congrats mama Nef, abeg, tell us the the kg of the God given goddess, I missed the superlative photo....

@Stadora...you have so much honoured us with this move, may God give you the strenght to move on. We know our little token can go a long way, do post the Acc No, and wishing you safe delivery/trip dear.
wrong thread hahahahahah kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
donchuky:
It's okay for your extra step effort but the truth is that you don't need it. Are you going to texas? If yes I mean it you don't need the international drivers licence. If is a rental car please buy insurance it is a crime not hAve insurance on the car coz you will pay heavily if any thing happen. If you host have a car surely they will have insurance.
elaborate on this insurance tingy... Do I buy per can i rent or how do u mean.. And how much is it approximately
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
olokings:
Hi hi. ..
Lemme get something str8...
Do u plan to get a "car rental" or simply use someone else's car there. ..because if it's cat rental is ur choice n risk whether or not to buy insurance. ...then if u re using someone else's car, their insurance plan had got to cover u (being 3rd party) or else my sister, sorry it's the car because there's no abeg ejorh o' with those guys when there's an emergency/incident. .
I ll look up car hiring if it's something different from d regular car rental we know.

have u looked it up?

And it's both.... Sometimes I'll use someone else's car.. Car rental is per 24 hrs abi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by charlesbailey(m): 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
lost the whole point of the post after reading a few comments.. goosh!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Apple19: 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2015
firsttymum:
wrong thread hahahahahah kikikikikikiki

Hahahhahah, mamas don't mind me o. My bad. Pls unquote me o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by twizzie: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
Congrats Nerf! Really happy for you! God bless and keep your LO!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2015
hellos.

car rental is per day.. and there is a compulsory "collision damage insurance" factored in per day on the rented car..

other insurance packages are optional but necessary (even though dey incur more charges) for your own safety if i may say.

PS: please and please, if you are using someone else's car, make sure you are cover by his/her insurance ooh... make u no go buy better igbe'se for person head ooh....lol

firsttymum:
have u looked it up?

And it's both.... Sometimes I'll use someone else's car.. Car rental is per 24 hrs abi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anupopo: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hello. pls regarding your notary, did u use a scanned copy during the application or was it the original copy? thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ayd: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2015
coughs!!! waka pass.....

nefertitiram:
So I had my baby 5 days ago, birth story posted on the pregnancy thread.
I had to change plans because I had issues at 6mths preg and ended up in the ER (preterm labor) where I met a really fantastic doc who is on the faculty of Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University. My hosts insisted I used her instead of travelling all the way to Southside especially given the way the preg was doing me, and offered some financial contribution (aren't they sweethearts).

She monitored the preg, pushed me to almost 40 weeks shocked so tey the baby gathered muscle in there. she ended up taking my delivery at one of their facilities (can't and won't reveal her details, she is My OWN Angel) grin

Thanks for all your kind messages. Mini me sends her love

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.