Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893060 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Leez29: 5:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Congrats Nogen and Nerf.... May God bless your boundle of joy.

Good day fam. I've been a silent follower here and I must confess the best group of people exist here. I've gotten priceless information here. In the spirit of giving back, I would like to share my visa interview convo which took place this morning in Abuja...
VO : goodmorning ma'am, can I have your passport
Me: goodmorning sir (hands over passport)
VO: why are you intending to travel to USA?
Me: for childbirth
VO: what do you do for a living ?
Me: am a ..........
VO: where does your husband work?
Me: He is an ..........with.......
VO: Have you contacted any hospital over there?
Me: yes
VO: can I have the documents ?
Me : sure! (Hands over Doctores para ti letter and emails having all our conversation)
VO: how much do you need for the trip .....hospital , accommodation inclusive?
Me : $10,000
VO: is this your first ?do you have other kids?
Me: yes this is my first after 4years of trying (with a huge smile on my face)
VO: okay ma'am am approving your visa, pls pick it up during the week . Also don't forget to collect all your reciept for payments, you will need it when next you are applying for US visa. Also declare your cash if it's in excess of $10,000. Have a safe trip and congrats in advance................
That's how Gods favor went with me ! With prayers and confidence no one will be refused visa. I pray for Gods favor for everyone going for their interview. And a safe safe delivery to expectant moms.
Elpaso bound next week........

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
hi,I was told same thing that passport takes three weeks for expedite I had to go to another state and I got it same day.so you can try going to another state too.thanks

Thanks dear. Yes, I am exploring another option.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Zedaii: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
nefertitiram:

Yes ooo,
I don born ooo, a super duper whooper oyinbo mega baby girl. With a headfull of curly hair to go.

Was through CS so I am still recovering in the hosp.

We bless God

Congrats dear! God bless you and your princess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Deyonsesi: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Finally a mommy!!! #Godwin [/quote]

Congrats Nef. Kisses to ur lil cutie.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bims87(f): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
anupopo:
Hello. pls regarding your notary, did u use a scanned copy during the application or was it the original copy? thanks

Original copy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by delvy: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi for those who maybe considering using hackensaw mountainside hospital in New Jersey for child birth , their fees have been increased effective Aug 1st from $3800 to $8900. Most of their affiliate doctors are still quoting the old price, pls call the hospital directly to re confirm.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
delvy:
Hi for those who maybe considering using hackensaw mountainside hospital in New Jersey for child birth , their fees have been increased effective Aug 1st from $3800 to $8900. Most of their affiliate doctors are still quoting the old price, pls call the hospital directly to re confirm.

oh oh shocked, A 110%+ increase!!! shocked, Na wah oooo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by jayjay4lyf: 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
That's how Gods favor went with me ! With prayers and confidence no one will be refused visa. I pray for Gods favor for everyone going for their interview. And a safe safe delivery to expectant moms.
Elpaso bound next week........
Congrats!!
Where do u plan to stay and are u an October or Nov mum grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maswii: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hello
Please i plan to stay with my uncle in Chicago. I've tried to contact advocate sub urban hospital and Ingalls but can't seem to get a doctors letter or appointment .
Can anyone help with Chicago details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
Who Has bought PTA with diamond bank or any bank that's not access bank recently?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
olokings:
hellos.

car rental is per day.. and there is a compulsory "collision damage insurance" factored in per day on the rented car..

other insurance packages are optional but necessary (even though dey incur more charges) for your own safety if i may say.

PS: please and please, if you are using someone else's car, make sure you are cover by his/her insurance ooh... make u no go buy better igbe'se for person head ooh....lol

so how much is it to rent a car plus the whole serenren? Main while no idea where VIO is in PHC o.... And my travel date is getting close
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
Yep; my hubby got from stanbic last week tue @203.90

firsttymum:
Who Has bought PTA with diamond bank or any bank that's not access bank recently?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
You can google car rental.
There's avis Hertz budget dollar etc. .
They got diff prices for diff classes of cars. .
U can check em out

firsttymum:
so how much is it to rent a car plus the whole serenren? Main while no idea where VIO is in PHC o.... And my travel date is getting close
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by donchuky(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
For rented they will always ask you if u want insurance or use your home country own. Look out for their weekend deals for low prices please take insurance ooooooooh there no be naija oooh.
firsttymum:
have u looked it up?

And it's both.... Sometimes I'll use someone else's car.. Car rental is per 24 hrs abi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2015
maswii:
Hello
Please i plan to stay with my uncle in Chicago. I've tried to contact advocate sub urban hospital and Ingalls but can't seem to get a doctors letter or appointment .
Can anyone help with Chicago details

I'm in a super mood so i'll chime in so your time is not wasted, & can make alternative arrangements.

1.If you had taken some time to read through, you'd have observed that its been long established that chicago OBGYNS & HOSPITALS do not respond to either emails or accept patient responsibility in absentia....
Look for another location to get hospital & Dr, when you get to chicago, you can then walk into either.

2..This is a PSA; Do not go in through chicago POE, it is a straight F***ed up POE, go in through JFK...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by maswii: 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Thanks @modath for being kind enough to reply my request .
Issue now is I have applied with his house address on my DS160. So can I use correspondence from another doctor in another city for visa interview or can I change my DS160 details after I have an interview date.

modath:

I'm in a super mood so i'll chime in so your time is not wasted, & can make alternative arrangements.
1.If you had taken some time to read through, you'd have observed that its been long established that chicago OBGYNS & HOSPITALS do not respond to either emails or accept patient responsibility in absentia....
Look for another location to get hospital & Dr, when you get to chicago, you can then walk into either.
2..This is a PSA; Do not go in through chicago POE, it is a straight F***ed up POE, go in through JFK...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bachangel: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
delvy:

Hmmmm....I was told effective from Sept 1st tmr, I just called right after seeing this. In any case, whenever it changed...its still a disaster!

Massive thanks for sharing this info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
olokings:
You can google car rental.
There's avis Hertz budget dollar etc. .
They got diff prices for diff classes of cars. .
U can check em out

thanks dear... I'm grateful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2015
akindolz:
Yep; my hubby got from stanbic last week tue @203.90

Mscheeeeeeeew stanbic is a tif.... Thanks darl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 11:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
donchuky:
For rented they will always ask you if u want insurance or use your home country own. Look out for their weekend deals for low prices please take insurance ooooooooh there no be naija oooh.
hahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahaha I don hear.... Thanks jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 11:26pm On Aug 31, 2015
maswii:

Issue now is I have applied with his house address on my DS160. So can I use correspondence from another doctor in another city for visa interview or can I change my DS160 details after I have an interview date.

Babe, dont worry too much ...one or two helpful people are going to PM you a way out,.. lipsrsealed

firsttymum:

Mscheeeeeeeew stanbic is a tif.... Thanks darl

How is Stanbic a tif, when i did between 199.5 to 212 to a dollar all through the missionary journey, twice that i tried Fidelity, i was knacked 228 &229 apako, i ruunnn! grin

bachangel:

Hmmmm....I was told effective from Sept 1st tmr, I just called right after seeing this. In any case, whenever it changed...its still a disaster!
Massive thanks for sharing this info

grin cheesy grin

The bolded isn't funny but a mental picture of you going "it's still a disaster" popped into my head & i couldnt hold back the laughter. .. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 12:02am On Sep 01, 2015
*steps into the forum. Looks right. Looks left. Can't find any of the oldtimers- Uchetobi, FinanceFitness, Stepedie, Olu of El-Paso, Phema etc***

Well! Well!! Well!!! It feels good to be here again. Congrats to the new visa receivers , freshest mums and the new babies in the house.@ Justwise nice job! The thread's grown from grace to grace. Raising a child is a thing of joy, but it's unspeakable when he/she is an american citizen.

My son clocked one last month. 'couple of weeks after wifey declared she has "chop belleful" again. As a result of the "missionary activities" we had engaged in, we are now gearing up for the 2nd missionary journey. However, we are leaning towards Atlanta, GA this time.........To ATL 2015/16 class captain! Present Ma!!! Lols

@ Nogen congrats...I envy ur DH. Lols...pls could u share d details of the doctor u used in El-Paso? Pls u can also send to tonye_briggs0007@yahoo.com in case it'd be tagged as an advert hereon. Thanks and God bless ur LO's

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:10am On Sep 01, 2015
modath:

oh oh shocked, A 110%+ increase!!! shocked, Na wah oooo...

angry

#TheyDonDeMadtAbi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:11am On Sep 01, 2015
Hello sir.... Phema is still very much here.... And I am as well courtesy of my second journey too.

Congrats on your son's first birthday and wishing your wife a stress free pregnancy and safe delivery later in the year/next year.

P0rtHarc0urtB0y:
*steps into the forum. Looks right. Looks left. Can't find any of the oldtimers- Uchetobi, FinanceFitness, Stepedie, Olu of El-Paso, Phema etc***

Thanks and God bless ur LO's
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 1:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Not only for obgyn and childbirth o. I think anything medical generally.

a friend of mine has a sister that is terribly ill frm renal disease. When I was stilk in hosp I called the Nephrology dept and after plenty grammar and begging for urgent help, the doc just said I cannot provide documentation to bring her here. If you can get her to US, we can do our best to help her.

I wanted to cry.
And the babe us so visibly sick, I dont even know how she can make an interview. cry

I think RUSH university medical center respond to emails and take international patients. The bill is approx. $25k in total.
Mercy Hosp also resoonds but I dont know if they take appts via email. For.most others you must show up in person. Na wa!

modath:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nita2013: 4:49am On Sep 01, 2015
After eastern garden on Aba road, u ll get to d road leading u to livin faith church, do not branch, drive a little bit further down on same Aba road, I think d next building or 2nd building after the living faith road is VIO office (beside d fly over bridge)

firsttymum:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Ayd: 5:07am On Sep 01, 2015
see your mouth as RUMC responds to emails...lol....please tell if the bill is for normal or cs delivery

nefertitiram:
Not only for obgyn and childbirth o. I think anything medical generally.

I think RUSH university medical center respond to emails and take international patients. The bill is approx. $25k in total.
Mercy Hosp also resoonds but I dont know if they take appts via email. For.most others you must show up in person. Na wa!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:09am On Sep 01, 2015
Ayd:
see your mouth as RUMC responds to emails...lol....please tell if the bill is for normal or cs delivery

Normal delivery if you do the maths to include all the gbo gbo e and jara as usual. grin

I have a friend using them ooo, she says they are top notch. wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by uchetobi(f): 7:10am On Sep 01, 2015
P0rtHarc0urtB0y:

Present sir. Still here o! Planning second missionary trip in November.

Congrats to you and your wife

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 01, 2015
P0rtHarc0urtB0y:
My son clocked one last month. 'couple of weeks after wifey declared she has "chop belleful"

shocked shocked Already? You are one sharp shooter bro! cheesy Long time no see read. So, na only when una chop belleful una dey remember us for this side abi? No be so oo.

Congrats you two and happy birthday to your LO.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2015
Nita2013:
After eastern garden on Aba road, u ll get to d road leading u to livin faith church, do not branch, drive a little bit further down on same Aba road, I think d next building or 2nd building after the living faith road is VIO office (beside d fly over bridge)
My maps mode activated..... I don't really know places ... Thanks a lot dearie

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2015
maswii:

You can leave the DS 160 as it is if you have submitted. Withdrawing it will mean rescheduling your appointment and that might affect your travel plans. Get another hospital in another state and go with their correspondence. If asked why you filled one state and going to another, say you will be spending some time at your relative's before heading to the other state for childbirth and might go back to your relative's when you are done. That you were unable to get a hospital with an all inclusive maternity package for people without insurance at your relative's location. As you will need this to know what you are up against and not get slammed with unexpected bills. No biggie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.