Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893004 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lahips: 11:25am On Mar 05, 2015
Mum2bee:
Praise God with me my people. My daughter's delivery was very successful! Dr. La is a great doctor and the hospital staff were superb. It is a world of difference between the birth of my first at Park Plaza Hospital and this experience. When you walk into WHMC you would think it was a hotel, beautiful.
I dealt with two ladies on accommodation issue, though I ended up not using either because I am renting/leasing. But the two Soul Care and Pampered Care I would say are kind and very serious minded. The locations and setting they had did not work for me.
I also came here to ask for a car rental service. Again, I ended up not renting a car. Someone was recommended to me. He basically drove me around to where ever I needed to go at an agreed cost which was cheaper than Uber and of course the Yellow Cab. I would use him if I have to go somewhere far and then use Uber for nearer journeys. I met a few Nigerians using the Uber service, one of them prayed for me and baby. Really interesting. There was one Uber driver that carried me from walmart. The guy simply opened his truck and started the journey. He did not even bother to help me load my shopping into his truck. You will meet all sorts! The variety is what interests me. I also met one Mohammed from Afghanistan. If I tell you I was not scared, I will be joking. I simply kept my cool till I got to my destination & just thanked my God! Lol.
I got a few discounts. For the Pathology paid like: $70; Hearing Test: $163 (half price); Surgical Assistant: $200. Just ask for a discount, you never know, they may have concessions.
Now in the process of getting baby's papers together. I have a question though. I have just called BA to add my daughter to my booking. My question is that I hope I will not have any problems with immigration and whether or not I got a return ticket for her. Please any mum that has returned to Nija via BA, did you have such an experience
Hello @weaseloo, Please can you give an insight into getting accommodation in Houston, im planning on having baby there and ive been looking around for apartments but haven't found one. Any advise or recommendations

I returned with Airfrance, just a tip off your question but might be useful, when we called to add my daughter to the reservation, the bill came to about 380 dollars and we where asked to pay at the airport on the travel date. now the 380 was for only return to Nigeria, upon getting to the airport, the lady at the counter after checking the reservation told us our bill was about 160 dollars, I told her that was not the initial amount we got, she then explained to us that it was cheaper to make it a round trip than just return. so we got a to and fro ticket in as much as the return was basically wasted as we just picked a date in order to get the ticket at a cheaper rate, but it saved me loads of cash. so you can ask about the option of a round trip as against a return ticket.

Safe flight and do not forget to request for a bassinet so you do not have to carry baby all through the trip. For Airfrance we made the reservation when we called to add her as they said its first come first serve for the bassinet. Don't know how it works for BA. My last trip on BA they did something really nice, they snapped babies on board and gave their parents a frame with the picture, kinda loved it.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by stinux(f): 11:33am On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
lahips:

I returned with Airfrance, just a tip off your question but might be useful, when we called to add my daughter to the reservation, the bill came to about 380 dollars and we where asked to pay at the airport on the travel date. now the 380 was for only return to Nigeria, upon getting to the airport, the lady at the counter after checking the reservation told us our bill was about 160 dollars, I told her that was not the initial amount we got, she then explained to us that it was cheaper to make it a round trip than just return. so we got a to and fro ticket in as much as the return was basically wasted as we just picked a date in order to get the ticket at a cheaper rate, but it saved me loads of cash. so you can ask about the option of a round trip as against a return ticket.

Safe flight and do not forget to request for a bassinet so you do not have to carry baby all through the trip. For Airfrance we made the reservation when we called to add her as they said its first come first serve for the bassinet. Don't know how it works for BA. My last trip on BA they did something really nice, they snapped babies on board and gave their parents a frame with the picture, kinda loved it.

Thank you. Will surely ask for a round trip.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Congratulations Sayoberry and weaseloo!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:
Hello all. Just delivered my twins at oak bend medical center thru c.s. a boy and a girl

Congrats! May God be praised. I'm really happy for you. Please take care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by slimwendy85: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats mum2bee and sayoberry. God bless and keep your little ones.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
shagaman:
My Dearest people,how unna dey,i cant seem to just keep my eyes of the thread,for the expectants mothers ,may God make it easy,for us all may GOD continue to be with us all.

Hmmm where do i start,this is a word of caution for those who have delivered,and those waiting also ,never trust anyone,either friends or family members with your child social security,yersterday a long lost family member called me after all the greetings ,i was shocked when he told me that have i heard about tax refund for my baby i said yes,he was like you cant apply from Nigeria for it,i told him i dont need it, its for my baby when she grows up she can take care of herself,the next thing was like the money would just be with the american government,because i was already getting angry i jokingly told him that its fantastic as it would grow interest with them,When he asked me to send the social security number and other stuffs so that he can be helping to file for it was when i decided the strategy on no network on my phone,have presently barred his number.

People can be very funny when it comes to money.

Na wa o. Can you imagine?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by boldbabe: 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
Congratulations Sayoberry and weaseloo. Thank God for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Congratulations Soyaberry. God bless the twins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 2:10pm On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Wow! Congrats Sayo, may God continue to bless you and your little ones.

@ house, my POE story.
Let me start by thanking every one for your contributions on this thread. Just knew about this thread 3 months ago, read all the pages registered n became part of it. I wld have started this journey long ago for all my kids if I had these 1st hand info earlier.

Got my b1/ b2 last yr with hubby n kids for summer vacation in California. Wasn't pregnant at the time.The interview in Lag was very short n the VO didn't even ask for any of burden of proof, he just saw our diff.family vacation trips in UK which were less than one month n hubby's other business trips n only asked hubby how much he tot wld be enough for the trip n that was it.
I flew KLM on sunday night instead of Emirates I booked earlier from Lag n requested for aisle sits near the toilets n a wheelchair cos I know how stressful this gate to gate thing can be. Didn't bother to carry hand luggage cos I was already stressed up.
Remember you are a priority passenger being pregnant so I didn't join any cue for checking n always boarded with 1st class passengers.
KLM didn't ask for my fit to fly. Had a smooth journey to Amsterdam, with a bit of swollen legs cos I didn't wear my compression socks.
Had few hours sleep since I usually don't sleep well during flight. freshened up, wore my compression socks this time n was wheeled to boarding gate to Houston. The officers saw my money abt 8k, ask what it was for, took me to a small cubicle, counted n let me go.
On arrival to AIH at around 1: 30 pm, a lot planes landed n i cldn believe my eyes for the very long cue but thank God for the wheel chair cos I was wheeled in front n even I asked the help if I cld stand n wait to be called, she said no that I wld be asked to go back to the line.
There was no swollen leg, I drank lots of water n had my little exercises

The CBP:why are you here?
Me: To have my baby n a short family vacation when my family arrives.
He repeated the question n i repeated my answer.
CBP : who's is California?
Me : hubby' cousin, called his name who we wanted to spend vacation with last summer but some projects didn't allow us. Then gave the reply from embassy where hubby asked them to update our records since I now want to use my visa for birthing.
CBP :Any money on you? letter from doctor?any payment to doc. Or hospital?
Me: Answered him and gave him all the docs as I arranged every thing in an envelop. These include my return tickets with that of hubby n kids showing we leave us the same day n with same airline, my statement of account n that of hubby, hubby's passport details n visa pages photocopy,doctors correspondence n bills, medical reports from my Nija doc to the doc. here with detailed print out of all the test result. Note: I took away my fit to fly.
CPB: took my finger prints n asked that l shld be taken to an office for further interrogation.
Hmm a lot people were sitted here oooo some looked like they have slept for hrs n still sleeping, mostly blacks (Nija )inclusive n Mexicans.
The 1st officer that received my passport here finished his own typing work, dismissed the help that brought me n handed it over another officer, now a lady.
I had heard this lady officer say " Nigerians, liers" n i said in my mind that she has got the wrong person today n maintain my confidence.
She came n ask for my cell phones n i gave her 1 that I had n insisted I bring out others. She didn't believe that was all n threatened to search my hand bag but when I obliged her, she left with the phone.

She later called me to a separate room with another male officer after about 15 mins,having gone thru all the docs. N another round of questioning started. Are you a part of Nigerian that come here to give birth? Said no, I do not know abt any grp.
Y this Nija doc. N after having your other kids in nija, y come here for this one? Said I read the doc profile on Internet n he fit in he kind I was looking for n for better health care system. Asked me if I had insurance, accommodation, why the person I was going to his house was not there to pick me, even abt my hubby'acct statement. I had genuine answers for every of their questions n this time it was an interactive one. I didn't even behave like I knew they turn people back n all that.
Wrote A on my declaration form, asked me the sex of the baby am expecting, wished me luck n told me that I shld knock at her office next time I come n tell her if I got what I wanted. Asked me to go get my baggage n go to secondary inspection
See their sniffing dogs every ooo, with his particular one stationed at the exist point so that if the others hadn't come to your baggage, that one wldnt miss it. It came sniffing at mine but when the officer saw my declaration form n i told him I was going for inspection, he just directed me.

@ sec, inspection, this funny Asian man was asking me for yam, knorr chicken, agbalumo n others. He scanned my baggage n their was a beep. I didn't know what cause it anyway, my question if taking palm oil is illegal was not answered but I took just a little. My box had only few clothes so it was just very easy to see the food items. He saw my soup cocoyam n seized it probably because the name has yam on the label. My oil was not seen though n that was it.
Did not succeed making phone calls at the public phone boot even after getting some coins but was shown where to make free local calls at terminal E n this save me from a longer wait.

I thank God for His grace n answered prayers. Waiting for my 1st appointment with Dr FF tomorrow.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 2:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
VIA EMAIL
Ivylane:
hi,
the information here is so helpful thank you guys.
i have a question tho

how does one send the letter for notification of intent is it via mail or......?
thanks you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
Congratulations Weaseloo. God bless your daughter too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2015
WOW CONGRATS
mummyprincess:

@ house, my POE story.
Let me start by thanking every one for your contributions on this thread. Just knew about this thread 3 months ago, read all the pages registered n became part of it. I wld have started this journey long ago for all my kids if I had these 1st hand info earlier.

Got my b1/ b2 last yr with hubby n kids for summer vacation in California. Wasn't pregnant at the time.The interview in Lag was very short n the VO didn't even ask for any of burden of proof, he just saw our diff.family vacation trips in UK which were less than one month n hubby's other business trips n only asked hubby how much he tot wld be enough for the trip n that was it.
I flew KLM on sunday night instead of Emirates I booked earlier from Lag n requested for aisle sits near the toilets n a wheelchair cos I know how stressful this gate to gate thing can be. Didn't bother to carry hand luggage cos I was already stressed up.
Remember you are a priority passenger being pregnant so I didn't join any cue for checking n always boarded with 1st class passengers.
KLM didn't ask for my fit to fly. Had a smooth journey to Amsterdam, with a bit of swollen legs cos I didn't wear my compression socks.
Had few hours sleep since I usually don't sleep well during flight. freshened up, wore my compression socks this time n was wheeled to boarding gate to Houston. The officers saw my money abt 8k, ask what it was for, took me to a small cubicle, counted n let me go.
On arrival to AIH at around 1: 30 pm, a lot planes landed n i cldn believe my eyes for the very long cue but thank God for the wheel chair cos I was wheeled in front n even I asked the help if I cld stand n wait to be called, she said no that I wld be asked to go back to the line.
There was no swollen leg, I drank lots of water n had my little exercises

The CBP:why are you here?
Me: To have my baby n a short family vacation when my family arrives.
He repeated the question n i repeated my answer.
CBP : who's is California?
Me : hubby' cousin, called his name who we wanted to spend vacation with last summer but some projects didn't allow us. Then gave the reply from embassy where hubby asked them to update our records since I now want to use my visa for birthing.
CBP :Any money on you? letter from doctor?any payment to doc. Or hospital?
Me: Answered him and gave him all the docs as I arranged every thing in an envelop. These include my return tickets with that of hubby n kids showing we leave us the same day n with same airline, my statement of account n that of hubby, hubby's passport details n visa pages photocopy,doctors correspondence n bills, medical reports from my Nija doc to the doc. here with detailed print out of all the test result. Note: I took away my fit to fly.
CPB: took my finger prints n asked that l shld be taken to an office for further interrogation.
Hmm a lot people were sitted here oooo some looked like they have slept for hrs n still sleeping, mostly blacks (Nija )inclusive n Mexicans.
The 1st officer that received my passport here finished his own typing work, dismissed the help that brought me n handed it over another officer, now a lady.
I had heard this lady officer say " Nigerians, liers" n i said in my mind that she has got the wrong person today n maintain my confidence.
She came n ask for my cell phones n i gave her 1 that I had n insisted I bring out others. She didn't believe that was all n threatened to search my hand bag but when I obliged her, she left with the phone.

She later called me to a separate room with another male officer after about 15 mins,having gone thru all the docs. N another round of questioning started. Are you a part of Nigerian that come here to give birth? Said no, I do not know abt any grp.
Y this Nija doc. N after having your other kids in nija, y come here for this one? Said I read the doc profile on Internet n he fit in he kind I was looking for n for better health care system. Asked me if I had insurance, accommodation, why the person I was going to his house was not there to pick me, even abt my hubby'acct statement. I had genuine answers for every of their questions n this time it was an interactive one. I didn't even behave like I knew they turn people back n all that.
Wrote A on my declaration form, asked me the sex of the baby am expecting, wished me luck n told me that I shld knock at her office next time I come n tell her if I got what I wanted. Asked me to go get my baggage n go to secondary inspection
See their sniffing dogs every ooo, with his particular one stationed at the exist point so that if the others hadn't come to your baggage, that one wldnt miss it. It came sniffing at mine but when the officer saw my declaration form n i told him I was going for inspection, he just directed me.

@ sec, inspection, this funny Asian man was asking me for yam, knorr chicken, agbalumo n others. He scanned my baggage n their was a beep. I didn't know what cause it anyway, my question if taking palm oil is illegal was not answered but I took just a little. My box had only few clothes so it was just very easy to see the food items. He saw my soup cocoyam n seized it probably because the name has yam on the label. My oil was not seen though n that was it.
Did not succeed making phone calls at the public phone boot even after getting some coins but was shown where to make free local calls at terminal E n this save me from a longer wait.

I thank God for His grace n answered prayers. Waiting for my 1st appointment with Dr FF tomorrow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2015
Terese69:

Thanks for the info TeesMom. I'm a September Mum hoping to birth in either Dallas or Houston. Just started my research so will get back with the details asap.

I am awaiting feedback from Dr. Fagbogun and Dr. Esedebe. So far they are the only ones I have gotten in touch with.

Thanks to everyone else who has in one way or the other contributed to this forum. You guys have been of immense help to us newbies.

You can contact Dr Nicolas Xydas at Houston Northwest Medical Center, a friend used him last year and i was considering him as well. His fees were about $2,200 at the time. You can check his phone number on google.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Chikacokpala: 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2015
Congrats to mums & new born babies in house. Pls l have few questions to ask.
1) Which type of Identification card ll they accept from my husband when submitting Consent letter. Must it be international passport or can Driving Licence or Office ID be accepted here.
2) Must d Zero balance letter come from both d Hospital and Doctor respectively. Or can hospital zero balance letter cover everything. Do they have to state d total amount u paid in d letter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Omodaraju: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
My baby is crawling now, but i still look into this thread almost on a daily basis. For houston-bound moms lemme help you a little with names of docs. You will use google to get their numbers because of nairaland policy on sharing numbers. At least you can narrow your search before you go and pay anybody to sell information to you that is otherwise free

From my research -

For Houston Northwest Medical Center

Search - Obgyns John Alaniz, Jonathan Hulme, Can Duong, Anita Fulton, John Williams, Nicolas Xydas, Jose San Martin, Michael Kelly, Faunda Campbell and group , Jennifer Nguyen, Bih Ndofor

For Oakbend

Popular Dr Funsho Fagbohun, Cherian Sabina, Ezekiel Abumeze, Brian Heaps, Nelson Sarah, Dama Ziwotirin, Cynthia Rios

For WHMC,

Drs Huynh Jeanie, Michael Amaro, Gilbert Sayegh, Howard Scheiber, Elvis Torres, Tammy Vu, Bai-Quoc Core La, Christian Webb, Magdy Rizk

some were willing to correspond by mail better than others while i was searching, Dr La, Webb, Rizk,

All the best, I have all their phone numbers that i copied during my research but was banned once while trying to post them on the forum. I have also attached it as a spreadsheet before to save time for the "lazy" oh sorry "busy" ones on the forum.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 3:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
lalavita:
Hi Guys,

This thread has been such a blessing. Started reading it while TTC and now I am in the US for the delivery.

Let me share my POE story.

Background: Visa renewal via Dropbox while pregnant. However, visa was used for Vacation before birthing trip.

Documents carried on trip: Email to embassy (just informing them since there was no change of intent as I had already used the visa), Drs letter confirming I am their patient, full payment Dr receipt, deposit receipt from hospital, registration doc from hospital, return ticket printout + cash (almost but less than 10k).

Airline: I noticed people rarely mention Virgin here. Maybe bcus some of their flights to the US require overnight stay in London.
Anyway for Virgin, once are you over a certain no of weeks, you need to submit a form to them before your trip. I still carried fit to fly anyway.
Checkin in Lagos was smooth. They asked for my fit to fly but that was it.
The flight to London was really nice. Due to the submitted form, all the crew knew I was pregnant and pampered me throughout.

Had to go through UK immigration because I slept over in London. No issues. Just showed them my boarding pass for USA leg.

London to Dulles POE
Because I already had my boarding pass, no one checked my visa again in London. No questions asked about pregnancy or fit to fly. Just straight to the plane.

POE in Dulles
The airport was quite empty because no other int. Flight arrived at the same time.
I was one of the first in line.

Officer: How long are you here for?
Me: About 12 weeks

Officer: How much cash?
Me: Told him (Under 10k)

Officer: When last were you in the States?
Me: told him

Officer: For how long?
Me: 2 weeks

He stamped me in and that was it.

No docs requested, no secondary insp. Please bear in mind, my bump is Huge! He saw it but didnt ask.

Coincidentally, while waiting for luggage, spoke to a CBP agent who was paroling around. We got talking and I told him I came to give birth. He said- that's fine maam.

Finally luggage wasnt check but didnt have any food anyway.

Physically, I didnt use the wheelchair service. Walked to get exercise and kept my legs elevated when seated so no swelling

Goodluck to all the mums. Please just be prayerful and honest. I believe it was God's favour first. Also having all documents, nothing to hide and using the visa for the intended purpose helps.

Thanks a lot for your story. Please I need more clarification on your sleep over in London. First, were you escorted to the UK immigration by any airline official? Then, were you lodged by the airline in a designated hotel or you went inside London to do that yourself? I am asking these questions because l and my son have UK visas that we haven't used and we would having a stop over in London because of it. The visas are expiring very close to that time. My problem is that my mum who is also going with me to the US doesn't have a UK visa. If I use an airline like Virgin that would enable us transit a and spend the night, would my visa be stamped to show that it has been used and also my mum be able to follow me inside London?

Responses need from anyone will also be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by pepeflavor: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
pepeflavor:
Hello everyone,

Anyone using (or have) Wyckoff heights medical center? Also, has any preggy mom here used arik air to NY? Please share your experience.

Biko, if you have flown to NY on arik with your pregnancy before, share your experience abeg. i am about paying for my ticket and they insist on not more than 28weeks. However they have 34 weeks on their website. Someone however told me they can cancel one's visa if the airline refuses the passenger from boarding. How true is this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
pepeflavor:

Biko, if you have flown to NY on arik with your pregnancy before, share your experience abeg. i am about paying for my ticket and they insist on not more than 28weeks. However they have 34 weeks on their website. Someone however told me they can cancel one's visa if the airline refuses the passenger from boarding. How true is this

Arik is not friendly with preggies, I paid 4 ticket last year and I was 30weeks pregnant, they didn't allow me fly, I saw another lady whose belle was not big at all but they didn't allow her fly. I will advise you don't take Arik if you are pregnant.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
pepeflavor:

In the last thread, the use of arik was discussed and most preggy mums discarded it becos of their policy. Arik does not fly any pregnant woman over 28weeks. You end up being stressed and buying another ticket. Their website information is not accepted for international flights but I think someone wrote here of using the policy to fly their plane locally while pregnant. This seems to me that the 34weeks is valid only for local flights but for international definitely 28weeks max. Hope this helps.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MrMandilas: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Nkem234:

vaginal birth after cesarean
Still don't get it. Virginal birth after CESAREAN? Afterwards or...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum0615: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hiannnnnnn. A subsequent vaginal birth after a previous c-section delivery!
MrMandilas:
Still don't get it. Virginal birth after CESAREAN? Afterwards or...

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2015
Omodaraju:

You can contact Dr Nicolas Xydas at Houston Northwest Medical Center, a friend used him last year and i was considering him as well. His fees were about $2,200 at the time. You can check his phone number on google.

Thanks a lot Omodaraju. Will check him out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Terese69: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please does anybody have any information on obgyns and hospitals in Dallas? Does anyone have any Dallas experience to share?

Thanks in advance smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mummyprincess: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2015
demiiii:
WOW CONGRATS

Tnx Dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
You are so nice dear kiss mrmandilas are u sure u are married grin
Newmum0615:
Hiannnnnnn. A subsequent vaginal birth after a previous c-section delivery!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by MiddyO(f): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
[quote author=Newmum0615
Alade market and China Town.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by oas99(f): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2015
Will love to know too dear, I'm going to b in Frisco hopefully in august
Terese69:
Please does anybody have any information on obgyns and hospitals in Dallas? Does anyone have any Dallas experience to share?

Thanks in advance smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by PrinceAdeAde: 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
sayoberry:

Congrats,double blessings all the way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2015
mummyprincess:

@ mummyprincess
Haba! Na wa for grilling o. These cbp officers are becoming very nasty o. Make God just help us..
Congrats on your poe exploits
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Mum2bee: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Omodaraju:
My baby is crawling now, but i still look into this thread almost on a daily basis. For houston-bound moms lemme help you a little with names of docs. You will use google to get their numbers because of nairaland policy on sharing numbers. At least you can narrow your search before you go and pay anybody to sell information to you that is otherwise free

From my research -

For Houston Northwest Medical Center

Search - Obgyns John Alaniz, Jonathan Hulme, Can Duong, Anita Fulton, John Williams, Nicolas Xydas, Jose San Martin, Michael Kelly, Faunda Campbell and group , Jennifer Nguyen, Bih Ndofor

For Oakbend

Popular Dr Funsho Fagbohun, Cherian Sabina, Ezekiel Abumeze, Brian Heaps, Nelson Sarah, Dama Ziwotirin, Cynthia Rios

For WHMC,

Drs Huynh Jeanie, Michael Amaro, Gilbert Sayegh, Howard Scheiber, Elvis Torres, Tammy Vu, Bai-Quoc Core La, Christian Webb, Magdy Rizk

some were willing to correspond by mail better than others while i was searching, Dr La, Webb, Rizk,

All the best, I have all their phone numbers that i copied during my research but was banned once while trying to post them on the forum. I have also attached it as a spreadsheet before to save time for the "lazy" oh sorry "busy" ones on the forum.

Hi, I replied your pm. Looking forward to chatting with you. Honestly I have so many questions plus id love a copy of that spreadsheet grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dere5: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
mamacajah:

In the last thread, the use of arik was discussed and most preggy mums discarded it becos of their policy. Arik does not fly any pregnant woman over 28weeks. You end up being stressed and buying another ticket. Their website information is not accepted for international flights but I think someone wrote here of using the policy to fly their plane locally while pregnant. This seems to me that the 34weeks is valid only for local flights but for international definitely 28weeks max. Hope this helps.

I guess Arik strict fit to fly policy started when a pregnant woman on their Lagos/new york flight went into labour mid air and they had to divert the flight to somewhere in Europe, And this must have cost them some serious money. So i guess once bitten twice shy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.