Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest (522 Views)

Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member / Supreme Court Affirms Yahaya Bello As Kogi Governor / Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility For 2015 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by AlphaNet: 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
The Court of Appeal in Abuja has declared President Goodluck Jonathan eligible to seek reelection in the forthcoming presidential poll.
It held that as much as the President had only taken the oath of office as elected President only once in 2011, he was qualified to stand for election into the office another time.
The lead judgment delivered by Justice Datijo Yahaya was unanimously consented to by four other members of the appeal panel.
Justices Akomolafe Wilson, T Y Hassan, Ekanem Joseph and M Mustapha, were the other members of the panel.
The judgment was in the appeal filed on April 16, 2013 by Cyracus Njoku, challenging the verdict delivered by Justice Mudashiru Oniyangi, then of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory on March 13, 2013.
Njoku had filed the appeal after Justice Oniyangi dismissed his (Njoku’s) suit and held that President Jonathan was eligible to contest in 2015.
Affirming the trial court’s judgment on Tuesday, the five-man panel of the appellate court, held that President Jonathan could not be said to have earlier taken the oath of office as President twice as he became President upon the death of President Umar Yar’Adua, not through election.
The court held that Jonathan only took over the office of the President in 2011 by mere constitutional provisions.
The court noted that in Njoku’s appeal, President Jonathan was not elected as President in 2007, and that in 2010, he did not stand for election as President, but only stood for election in that capacity in 2011.
“He (Jonathan) has not been elected twice. He only completed the unexpired tenure of the late President Yaradua. His tenure started on May 29, 2011.”
“The operative word is election. The Constitution says if one had been elected at two previous elections.

http://www.punchng.com/news/appeal-court-affirms-jonathans-eligibility-to-re-contest/
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by SeverusSnape(m): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Is this news?...
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
f
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by temitemi1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ till 2019 grin grin grin
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by AlphaNet: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Is this news?...

What does it look like, an Obituary announcement?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Jonathan’s Eligibility To Re-contest by Glowstone(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2015
IN 2BABA VOICE

E be, like say you want me to tell me another story
again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to act another movie again
oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to code another coding
again oh (e be like say)
E be like say you want to danCe shoki na di new dance, again oh
You want to sing another song again (e be like
say)
E be like say you want to code
You want to code oh
See, all I want to say is that
They don’t really care about us
Because all they want to do is to get in touch with
big bucks
Because they think the money gives them the
power
But the power is nothing
If your people cannot get quality education
The power is nothing
If your people keep on dying of disease and
starvation
The power is nothing
If your people have no peace (no peace)
The power is nothing
If your people cannot live in unity (eh)
See, why do you keep deceiving the people, my
brother, my sister
See, why you make all this people to dey fight one
another
Only God can judge you now [x4]
Another year has come
And now you want my vote once more
Oh no
E be, like say they want to tell me another story
again oh
(e be like say)
E be like say they want to act another movie again
oh (e be like say)
E be like say they want to do another deceiving
again oh
E be like say dem want to dance
shoki, na di new dance, again o
They want to sing another song again
They want to sing [x2]
E be like say they want to code
They want to dance
I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Wey go promise and fail and make the people live
in harsh conditions
I dedicate this one to all of the shady politicians
Why don’t you change your ways
Change your ways now
Make the people live the way they are supposed to
live
E no be small thing o
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (no be small thing o)
As you see me so (no be small thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (I say no be small thing
o[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Jega's Intended Removal: Beware Of The Ides Of March / Goodluck becoming Indomie-table! / Cert Saga Buhari Yet To Show Cert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.