Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? (632 Views)

Obasanjo Blames South African Government For Xenophobic Attacks / Kabiru Sokoto Sues Federal Government For N300million / Nigerian Army Doing Their Best To Finish Boko Haram Video (viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
For me, I have noticed how over the past few weeks, so many supporters of the present government have been chanting the words #GejIsWorking and I marvel at how the people have been so used to backwardness that they think a little resucitation of our railway transportation system etc could amount to a great feat by this government.

I think it is cool what this government has done but I do not think it is something that is extraordinary. Some of the unique things that should really amuse Nigerians is the availability of jobs for unemployed youths or better put, the eradication of nepotism and provision of an enabling environment where business ideas can thrive. (What this will imply is the provision of constant electricity and power; Solar, Wind etc).

To me, this government has not done anything laudable. I have not been impressed. Yes! they have done their part but there is no way I can say I have been directly impacted.

* I worked for INEC and I was not paid for almost three months.

* My mother has not collected her pension for almost 9 months from the government.

* I currently do not have electricity and I have to pay exorbitantly to get connected to the internet.

* Few days ago, I was threatened by a police man with a gun because I challenged him as to why he arrested the commuter bus I was riding in for no reason.

* Going out this morning, I encountered one of the most difficult traffic to navigate through that I have ever witnessed.

* I was working with an organization who was unable to pay me my salary till I resigned because the environment didn't favor the business but more importantly there was no one to save us from that situation.

* I signed into my pension account and I see different amounts daily. The bank apparently has a crippled system.

I can go on and on mentioning some of the problems we have in Nigeria that directly affects our lives and that is making the people of Nigeria unhappy:

1) Soaring school fees

2) Cost of transportation

3) Soaring rent fees for a modest home.

4) Lack of electricity

5) Bad roads

6) Underemployment and unemployment

7) Lack of access to good health facilities. Not just access but the high cost of health treatments

cool More importantly is corruption which this administration have been unable to tackle. These are the problems Nigeria have.

I believe our leaders are not babies and it is high time we stop treating them as such. They need to be pushed and criticized and not pampered especially in Africa where we still have a long way to go. This is no joke.

This write up apparently is not for or against the present administration and I know some people will say what we are seeing is improvement but I bet to differ.

What we are seeing is a recycled process where the government revives or bring to life a project and then it survives for a period of time. This is a pure case of the usual situation where bodies will be inaugurated and people in power put in charge and because of the same "cankerworm" corruption, we will see this projects dying in our own eyes.

If corruption is not dealt with in Nigeria and if corruption eradication is not the main theme of an administration then it will not earn my support nor my recommendation or applaud.

#SayNoToRecycledLeaders

#SayNoToCorruption.

Like I always say; "GEJ is a good man but a weak man. However, Buhari is a dangerous but reasonable alternative".

Source: www.nairamode.com
Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by temitemi1(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by pryd(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
I think it's because Nigerians basically have a "beat down" mentality. We've been fed with mediocrity for ages. Remember what is said about a drowning man and straws.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by fromnigeria(m): 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
We (minus mua) applaud them cause we barely know our right as citizenry.
Plus
we don't need change because we've become used to suffering and pain, that we forget what we deserve.
Period!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by nelsonoba: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
@ OP: Why do you say "Thank you sir" to your father when you are a student and he tells you he has just sent money to your account for your school fees and upkeep?

By the way, all those problems you listed are very plenty o! I'm still wondering how all those problems can be on one person's head and he is still alive? Hmmm........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by themilanway(m): 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2015
To answer your question,its only those who have been brain washed do so.

The man eats 1 billion naira food,they eat N400 at most per day.

The man goes to Germany for mild headache or body pain,they go to the nearest quack"pharmacist"for malaria mixture tablets,N100 at most.

The man's power supply never blink for a minute,they stay 3 days with flunctuating and epileptic power supply,you see them constantly with their charger,looking for the nearest barbing salon,1960 bet shops,viewing centers and even inside the church to just to charge their phones.

The man is always chauffer driven with long motorcade and blaring sirens,you see them treking under scorching sun,haggling price with the bus conductor,sweating and smelling.In most cases,they trek 1/3 of their destination,in order to save money.

Need i go on?

Brain washed people.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by Vision4God: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
GEJ is working!
God bless our president GEJ.
We salute ur courage
Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
Den dere is no nid for ya to appreciate ya parents after training ya for doing dem work. We know its dem duty to work, buh we just ve to appreciate dem.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2015
nelsonoba:
@ OP: Why do you say "Thank you sir" to your father when you are a student and he tells you he has just sent money to your account for your school fees and upkeep?

By the way, all those problems you listed are very plenty o! I'm still wondering how all those problems can be on one person's head and he is still alive? Hmmm........

Ouch!..
Re: Why Do Nigerians Applaud The Government For Doing Their Job? by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Den dere is no nid for ya to appreciate ya parents after training ya for doing dem work. We know its dem duty to work, buh we just ve to appreciate dem.

Funny perspective.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Said Fuel Scarcity Was Not Politically Motivated. / Nigeria Needs ‘do Tanks’ Not Think Tanks – Obasanjo / Are You Curious About How JAMB CBT Exam Would Look Like? Watch Video Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.