Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? (1357 Views)

DILEMMA : What Should I Do About This Girl? / Help Urgently Needed, Am In A Dilemma / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by tizi14: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
My friend asked for my advice and assistance with regards to her relationship.
My friend has a boyfriend who resides in the UK. They did introduction together in 2012 but things didn't work out as planned. In November last year, she told me they are back together but she didn't tell me the details.

She said the guy asked her to come to UK as a visitor but he cant invite her. She asked me to invite her over to UK. She said the guy has issues with his papers so he can neither travel to Nigeria nor invite her to UK. She is asking me all the requirements she will have to meet the get a visiting visa. I believe if a guy really wants you to come over, he should be the one putting her through the processes not me. She doesn't have a very good job yet she wants to use all her savings to travel to UK.

My major problem is that my husband has warned me not to invite her to UK. This is because of the previous problems she had in the relationship such as the guy not picking her calls again after the introduction and calling off the whole wedding plans without any tangible reason. My husband claims he doesn't trust the guy and what if she gets to UK and the guy doesn't pick his calls that I will be the one to carry the whole burden.

I really do not mind inviting her but I just want to be sure it is worth it. I don't want a situation where she will come and she will be stranded. And I had already my husband that I will not invite her. She is a very close friend of mine. I really don't know what to do.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by phrancys001(m): 10:05pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dats the problem wit U ladies later on u'll com saying ur husband has impregnated ur stranded bosom friend dat U invited ova,like ur husband said if truly d guy is serious since 2012 he's there forming 12 years a slave,he better com bak to naija and get somtin tangible doing after all last time i check even a barber can afford a bride price in naija.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by tonnieblaise(m): 10:06pm On Mar 03, 2015
A wise man (hubby) has spoken.....
You dont need my advice

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Mhizizzy(f): 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
Obey ur husband cos if the girl is stranded for real..it is gon be u nd ur Husband and even d girls problem

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by philGeo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
grin grin grin grin call Nelly now.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2015
You should listen to your hubby, if the guy wants her to come over to the UK and can't invite her, has he told you about it personally? Or asked you as a favour?

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by coolestboy(m): 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2015
If u must invite her, be ready to help her all through. Though, there is no prob if d guy is ready 4 d burden, if nt, u've to wake up to d call and giv her d best u could.
Btw, ur husband is against d invite. U either let ur hubby knw u're interested in helping her and seek 4 his support or u intelligently back off....don't come back here seeking 4 anoda advice concerning ur home ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Vision4God: 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2015
B careful wt d step u want 2 take b4 u chew ur fingers in regret.
Ur friend is Obviously desperate. Der are beta men out there hu wil love & cherish her better.
As 4 u op face ur family

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
Talk to her...she may understand! It seems that the guy doesnt want her there..he would have invited her...i can assure you and your husband will carry the burden because she won't see the guy..she wil end up crying..! Don invite her...

When woman is in love understands nothing.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Arsenella007(f): 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2015
Since your husband has told you not to invite her,don't do anything that will bring problems between you and your husband., but you can also advice your friend to forget about the guy, what if she finally gets to U. K and finds out he has another woman in his life? Having used all her savings to travel? The hand writing is already clear. The guy is no longer interested, its simple

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2015
Listen to your husband..
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Holywizard: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2015
u are a fish!!! ur brain is full of wasted sperms & tissues
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by oluwadamilolah(f): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
Please protect your home, obey your husband don't go against him
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2015
phrancys001:
Dats the problem wit U ladies later on u'll com saying ur husband has impregnated ur stranded bosom friend dat U invited ova,like ur husband said if truly d guy is serious since 2012 he's there forming 12 years a slave,he better com bak to naija and get somtin tangible doing after all last time i check evoen a barber can afford a bride price in naija.

Teh Teh...
She may also come here ask advice on how to recover her marriage because she didn't listen to his advice about her best friend...and now her husband is mad at her and wants to dervoce her.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2015
From the little you have written, the probability of her been granted a visa is about 3% !!!!
If he cannot invite her over himself, how does he intend to live with her has a couple ?
He is not speaking and telling the whole truth. Wash your hands off this matter and listen to your husband !!!
NB: Probably an illegal immigrant now and wants to invite her into his illegal world.

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Ruttashobolwa(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03, 2015
Holywizard:
u are a fish!!! ur brain is full of wasted sperms & tissues
mmh this is rude and not fair
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Samiceman: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2015
I think MrCork can help accommodate her.... Only if she's light skinned
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2015
tizi14:
My friend asked for my advice and assistance with regards to her relationship.
My friend has a boyfriend who resides in the UK. They did introduction together in 2012 but things didn't work out as planned. In November last year, she told me they are back together but she didn't tell me the details.

She said the guy asked her to come to UK as a visitor but he cant invite her. She asked me to invite her over to UK. She said the guy has issues with his papers so he can neither travel to Nigeria nor invite her to UK. She is asking me all the requirements she will have to meet the get a visiting visa. I believe if a guy really wants you to come over, he should be the one putting her through the processes not me. She doesn't have a very good job yet she wants to use all her savings to travel to UK.

My major problem is that my husband has warned me not to invite her to UK. This is because of the previous problems she had in the relationship such as the guy not picking her calls again after the introduction and calling off the whole wedding plans without any tangible reason. My husband claims he doesn't trust the guy and what if she gets to UK and the guy doesn't pick his calls that I will be the one to carry the whole burden.

I really do not mind inviting her but I just want to be sure it is worth it. I don't want a situation where she will come and she will be stranded. And I had already my husband that I will not invite her. She is a very close friend of mine. I really don't know what to do.

The dust in your eyes has not been removed but u want to remove the plank in anoda person's eye.

Don't be the messiah about harbouring a friend in your house @ d expense of ur marriage.

Advice her as a friend and let her know she can't stay @ ur matrimonial home.

Let figure it out with boyfriend. It is not your headache.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Evina(f): 11:39pm On Mar 03, 2015
phrancys001:
Dats the problem wit U ladies later on u'll com saying ur husband has impregnated ur stranded bosom friend dat U invited ova,like ur husband said if truly d guy is serious since 2012 he's there forming 12 years a slave,he better com bak to naija and get somtin tangible doing after all last time i check even a barber can afford a bride price in naija.

Hahahahahahaha cheesy grin
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by morethanadoll(f): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2015
I would tell her that it isn't worth her spending her entire savings over. He is the supposed to be the man; therefore, she shouldn't have to jump through hoops to make the visit happen. If he really wants her, then he'll find or make his way to her. His reasons don't seem legit and he is probably in that country illegally on an expired visa.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by naijaboiy: 4:15am On Mar 04, 2015
All these nigerian ladies that will want to kill themselves the moment they hear that a man abroad wants to marry them.

They'll be so foolish and waste their precious time with the man. Someone that they don't know the real business he's doing over there.

See this woman now,,someone has jilted you 3 years ago and he came back with marriage plans,,yet you still agreed.

Is it that you are so un attractive to find another man in the space of 3years?

Why are some ladies this dumb?

undecided
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by tizi14: 8:23am On Mar 04, 2015
Qhal:
You should listen to your hubby, if the guy wants her to come over to the UK and can't invite her, has he told you about it personally? Or asked you as a favour?

@Qhal, The guy did not ask me personally. I have never met him before. My friend asked me for the favour, I will just abide by what my husband said.
Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 04, 2015
tizi14:

@Qhal, The guy did not ask me personally. I have never met him before. My friend asked me for the favour, I will just abide by what my husband said.
A very wise decision

1 Like

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by tizi14: 8:28am On Mar 04, 2015
Ruttashobolwa:
Talk to her...she may understand! It seems that the guy doesnt want her there..he would have invited her...i can assure you and your husband will carry the burden because she won't see the guy..she wil end up crying..! Don invite her...

When woman is in love understands nothing.

You know how women are when it comes to matters of the heart. I tried asking questions but it seems I am negative about the whole thing and do not want her to get married. She keeps defending him . I asked what happens after the visit? She said she is very sure his papers will be ready very soon.

I will just abide by the decision of my husband.

2 Likes

Re: I Am In A Dilemma ! What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 04, 2015
@ op you have been giving the best solutions so far. Follow them. Case closed!!!

(1) (Reply)

10 Surprising Signs Your Boyfriend Is Your Best Friend / Seven Types Of Men Nigerian Women Like As Their Boyfriend / Girls..please Answer This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.