Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping (13040 Views)

FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre / Dalung Breaks Ramadan Fast With Mohammed Bello, FCT Minister (photos) / Alleged Photo Of FCT Minister, Bala Muhammad's Son Lying Down On Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by silami(m): 5:02am On Mar 04, 2015
The police in Bauchi have arrested one Salisu Salmanu, a nephew to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed, who was alleged to have connived with his friends to kidnap his three-year-old younger brother at Kofar Idi in Bauchi and demanded a ransom of N10 million from his father.

Salisu Salmanu, 19, was arrested with his three friends, Imrana Abdullahi, 17, Abdullahi Mohammed, 19, and Umar Musa, 19, all residents of Kofar Idi area of the Bauchi metropolis.

Salmanu said they intended buying a car and spend the remaining money if they had succeeded.

The spokesman of the Bauchi State Police Command, DSP Haruna Mohammed, said police detectives attached to Township Division on February 28, about noon, arrested the four suspects who connieved with four others still at large to commit the crime.

According to him, “The suspects conspired with four others now at large and kidnapped one Abdulkadir Salmanu of Kofar Idi, took him to Gwallameji and demanded N10 million ransom from the parents.

“Victim was liberated by the police and efforts are ongoing to apprehend the other fleeing suspects after which they will be charged to court for prosecution.”

In an interview with journalists, Salmanu said they intended buying a car with the money and also spend the remaining had they succeeded in getting the N10million from their father, Salmanu Mohammed, an elder brother to the FCT Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed.

“Initially, when we planned the kidnap, I was advised that if we succeed in getting the N10million, we should buy a car and also have money left to be spending.”

Asked if his father wasn’t meeting his needs, he said: “Honestly, my father meets all my needs. He pays my school fees and every other thing I need.

“It is just greed and selfishness which the devil put in our hearts.”

Salmanu said he is a student of the Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi.

“I have even missed two tests in school because I am here in police custody.”

The 19-year-old mastermind of the kidnap said he prayed that God would expose all those who are into such dirty act.

“By God’s grace, our hearts have totally changed since this is our first time of doing this, and we pray that God prevent a future re-occurrence,” he said.

Also speaking, another suspect, Abdullahi Mohammed, said they had no intention of harming the boy.

“God loves us that was why He didn’t give us success. We took the child not with the intention of harming him but so we could get money from his father and release him.

He added: “We demanded for N10million but the father said he would pay N3 million and we insisted it was too small. We finally agreed that he would pay N5 million.

“Honestly, if we had succeeded we wouldn’t have returned the money but this would have been our last,” Mohammed said.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/police-arrest-fct-minister-s-nephew-three-others-for-kidnapping/203256/
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by madridguy(m): 5:04am On Mar 04, 2015
Kudos to the NPF.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by securi: 5:08am On Mar 04, 2015
Greedy and spoilt guy.

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by hrykanu231(m): 5:17am On Mar 04, 2015
Like gossip for market, small small d kidnapping thing don dey spread

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Truth be told Nigeria now sucks...

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by martyns303(m): 5:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Apparently poverty is not a justification for engaging in a crime. if the rich can do it, then it is a thing of the mind.

So no one should commit a crime and blame it on poverty.

13 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Ishilove: 5:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Useless shidren. Omok'omo. Iranu jatijati. See how he has disgraced the entire family.

This is the kind of shaitza that happens when you allow greed control your life.

Devil ko, angel ni.

I'm sure the devil must be flustered by all these accusations coming his way.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by koxi: 5:43am On Mar 04, 2015
Let's see wat will come out of it
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by lonelydora: 5:45am On Mar 04, 2015
They keep blaming the devil.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2015
Will come and read later, which one will give me more likes? March4 Buhari abi saiGEj?
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 04, 2015
Vote Change
Vote GMB

Sai Buhari
Sai Baba Maigaskiya

14 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by mperoakeem(m): 5:50am On Mar 04, 2015
this is how greed start ooo... They'll neva be satisfied

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Akshow: 5:50am On Mar 04, 2015
hmmmmn..... Ppl say I like analysis.. yes,
permit me to dash you another one, over
6billion naira was paid as take home for the
approximately 600 delegates at the National
confab last year, that is excluding their
feeding, security, accommodation and other
logistics, here is my take.. let us assume a
thousand youths were employed at the take
of 50,000 naira per month, if 6 billion naira
was set aside for them, that money would
have been enough to pay their salaries for
120months which equals 10 solid years..
whats d result of the confab??... Am ashamed
of its representatives, dy could av done better
by making it a service to humanity.. but d
govt of d day is renowned for waste and
irrelevances.

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by slymichael(m): 5:50am On Mar 04, 2015
Wot is good for d goose is also good for d gander
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by nerodenero: 5:50am On Mar 04, 2015
When the chips are down, nothing will be heard again

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 04, 2015
Ordinary kidnap you people already whining -GEJ
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by abe27633: 5:51am On Mar 04, 2015
nerodenero:
When the chips are down, nothing will be heard again
might become true
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Tundellinium(m): 5:52am On Mar 04, 2015
Arrest them all... All PDP members will rot in jail..

GMB till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by LordMecuzy(m): 5:52am On Mar 04, 2015
Egunje go soon roll

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by gerrardomendes(m): 5:52am On Mar 04, 2015
lonelydora:
They keep blaming the devil.
Dis mr.devil has never been arrested or charged for his involvement in almost every crime

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Tundellinium(m): 5:54am On Mar 04, 2015
There are still of them.... Arrest them all..
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 04, 2015
Like his uncle, Senator Bala Mohammed in the MFCT, the young chap has started kidnapping. Bala has kidnapped the resources of the people of the Federal Capital Territory into his private pocket. Just the way Bala uses the proceeds of his kidnap to buy cars, the young man has followed suit.

1. What happened to the over $400m budgeted to CCTV cameras in the FCT?

2. The FCT no longer have street lights at night.

3. The streets are dirty and untidy.

4. Nothing is planned and chaos is the order.

5. The land swap is a huge scam.

Bala is the worst Minister the FCT had witnessed since creation. It is people like him that has given this government a bad name.

If you follow up this case; you'd discover that Bala would secure the release of the young man and 'kill' the case cos he reminds him of him. Like my mum says "the kid watches mother-goat while she chews the cord"

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 04, 2015
Innocent devils has suffered in the hands of humans...

Because it's minister's nephew.. Am sure he will be pardoned but if na jobless youth did dis na shoot at sight...

My country people!!!!!!!!! Habaaaa

Any which way gej till... U know na...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by nanyya5000(f): 5:58am On Mar 04, 2015
Nice.
Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by shadelek(m): 5:59am On Mar 04, 2015
So buhari's boys are not relevant again, na to kidnap be the next thing abi? Na lie, we won't allow to spoil this administration any longer. Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Meringe(m): 6:00am On Mar 04, 2015
In every kidnap case, there must be an insider!!!

Every body close is a suspect.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Misogynist2014(m): 6:01am On Mar 04, 2015
This is why Putin puts his family off the radar. They can be a huge stumbling block in your political progress like our illiterate first lady.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by stevikenna: 6:03am On Mar 04, 2015
All these tich kids sef

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest FCT Minister’s Nephew, Three Others For Kidnapping by Optional2(f): 6:05am On Mar 04, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sallah Forces Reps To Postpone Resumption / Election: IGP Baba Embarks On Monitoring/Patrol, Visits Kaduna, Plateau By Road / Keeping Them Honest: List Of Gej Campaign Promise(no Fuel Subsidy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.