Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely (34175 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by chukzyblingz(m): 8:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
Fvck marriage!!
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Mattpopson101: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hehehe
SuperSuave:
O.P well done, nice write up even tho I ddnt read a sentence.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Richiy:
Nothing is more pathetic than waking up one morning to discover that you are alone and sad.

You spent all your time sampling girls and bragging about it, while making fun of those that have serious relationships and telling yourself that all girls are b.itches and w.hores and materialistic.

There are girls that when you hook up with, all the aforementioned reasons will not even count because they can go the extra mile to make it work.

Wake up brothers. Loneliness is not ideal.

Seems you're encouraging brothers so you can also get hooked up by one right?
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by oshaosha2014(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
[[s]quote author=Rapmoney post=31283720]Often times, most young men in Nigeria are quick to see and pick out ladies who are not married in the society. They can go on and on to give You countless lists of reasons why these ladies are single and why they would remain so. Their reasons could centre on the quest for material things by these ladies or their high degree of pride. There's need to shift the search light a bit, to the male folks (Am still very proud to be a man and I wouldn't change it if I were to come to the world again). There are so many young men who are in their late twenties and thirties and still unmarried and lonely! What could be the cause? Because going by personal knowledge of some of my fellow young men and sober discussions I had with them, I have come to understand that most of them long for a committed relationship, marriage and a lovely family (My humble self is not exempted from this, please). Below are some of the salient reasons that could account for this type of situation:

1) The high cost of bride price (mostly in the eastern region) and the many unnecessary jamborees that go with marriage ceremonies (applicable to most parts of Nigeria) has made most young men to crawl into their shells like snails. When I created a thread on the issue of marriage becoming a luxury in Nigeria, some e-warriors wanted to slit my throat through their keypads. A situation where you have to save to facilitate a marriage, coupled with other pending projects begging to be attended to (We all know not everyone is Dangote's son), you might get confused and curse love. Especially, when you have so many things to accomplish or put in place. These days, most ladies would not date you beyond a year without you tying the knot with them (That is if you have not realised that you are the only one in a relationship that was originally meant for two).

2.Omo, e nor easy for some guys o! Who nor go nor go know. With the harsh economic conditions necessitated by our past rulers and complemented by the corrupt government of the day, many young men are still struggling to find their feet. You might not know this until you leave the comfort zone...the comfort of your parents home! That is if you have one! There are peeps who have never known comfort in a home since they were born! So you think this doesn't affect our young men physically, emotionally and psychologically? Some have come to 'hate' love and marriage yet, they long for them! This accout for why some young men are still unmarried and 'lonely'.

3) The lifestyles of most ladies in our society have also made it difficult for many young men to get married. You might hook up with a lady today with the false belief that she is decent and God-fearing; in the long run, you find out that everything has been a high profile scam!!! What next? You start all over again to fall in love and start a relationship! Common! That exercise drains your mental energy like hell!!! This has made young men to be very wary...many have remained single, still searching grin

4) The careless attitude of some young men is among the reasons why they are not married. I always encourage my younger male cousins and nephews to start life early enough. There are some men who spent their teenage and adolescent years drinking, partying, gallivanting and lazying about. They only reaslise that time is not on their side when they clock 38! In my neighbourhood, there men who are above 30 but their attitude and way of life, coupled with the way they talk and reason is half their age...not better that the reasoning of a silly teenager!!! If you are in this type of situation...no house of your own, no job, no degree, no training or skills, and you in your late twenties or early thirties, I seriously wonder if any sane and serious woman would want to enter into a committed relationship with you.

Views are very welcomed...
Goodmorning everyone[/s]Trash.

As a 'truckpusher' that 'trash' should be your business. Your job is to lift it high and be proud because you know without it you are nothing.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
I , code6 hereby sprinkle Holy water on this thread!........seriously most of my frnds re 30 n above but we all re still single despite all having either vry gud job or business. its as if d older we get d farther away our marriage plans becomes.....but we all ve serious ladies in our lives but nt wives . wat on earth is wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by An2elect2(f): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
Decryptor:

I ain't crying no river! I am only stating the obvious so you can keep ranting all you want
worefa
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Truckpusher(m): 9:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Thanks baby.
For saving me the stress @truckpusher.

This guy obviously has a problem with marriage and its procedures.
Op is deluded ,he titled his thread something else and went on to blame women and the society .

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Decryptor(m): 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
An2elect2:

worefa

Same here
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Truckpusher(m): 9:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
oshaosha2014:

As a 'truckpusher' that 'trash' should be your business. Your job is to lift it high and be proud because you know without it you are nothing.
Truck pushing is a dignified job and there is dignity in labour.

I'll prefer to roll with a truckpusher than roll with wannabes like your type.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by UnimkeAk(m): 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
Half truths !
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by oshaosha2014(m): 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
Truck pushing is a dignified job and there is dignity in labour.

I'll prefer to roll with a truckpusher than roll with wannabes like your type.

We are saying the same thing.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by stephengee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
nice write-up
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Sunnypar(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
They are sacred of committment.
code6:
I , code6 hereby sprinkle Holy water on this thread!........seriously most of my frnds re 30 n above but we all re still single despite all having either vry gud job or business. its as if d older we get d farther away our marriage plans becomes.....but we all ve serious ladies in our lives but nt wives . wat on earth is wrong?
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
Marriage is strong in societies where men dominate and women are dependent on men for their upkeep. As women become more empowered they will demand more equality as they start to see through the bullshit of men and marriages crumble.
Loneliness and aloneness are not the same thing . Loneliness entails longing for company and feeling of incompleteness. Others may feel complete and have no such yearnings . We are different animals

One can be married and very lonely. Many marriages are for show outside. They do not eat from the same pot or sleep in the same bed for years. The most important thing is to have your kids everything else is story. Do not let anyone deceive you that you are missing anything. Marriage is good for SOME but not everyone. Not every animal is a domestic animal that will be fed by its owner. Some will be in the wild hunting to survive

Infact you are right,i was shocked on this just concluded val. When my broz wife told me via chart that she was lonely....i was like....srzly do married folks get lonely.marriage is still my biggest fear.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by emitheo(m): 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
OP,u 2 much abeg...let me buy u 5 bottles of ORIGIN
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by moshoodn(m): 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2015
The 3rd point is the only reason I'm still single.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by darlenese(f): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2015
IhaveDecided

not to read long post grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by 100Cents: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
I only noticed number 3.

Many ladies are scam.

Smh.

Quote me and get flogged.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by 190theclown: 10:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Una really get time?
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by 100Cents: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rapmoney:
I will soon get married grin

What tense is that ?

"Buhari will soon be President "...

undecided
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by LastProphet: 11:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
Pls point of correction - i am forty, earn more than most bankers i know since over 9 yrs now and am not married AND DONT FEEL A SHRED OF LONELINESS or whatever nonsense u are talking about. Please when u are new to modern existence, dont assume every other person is just like u. Do u have a fulfilling career or pursuit in life at all? Let me tell u that marriage u are dreaming about u will hate it with ur life once u married - quote me. Obviously u are not busy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Edusouls(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
cococandy:
This one you woke up to create this thread.

Did you dream of marriage last night? cheesy
you should thank him for those meanigninful and insightful points and also learn, i know u are not married..
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Edusouls(m): 11:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
Richiy:
Nothing is more pathetic than waking up one morning to discover that you are alone and sad.

You spent all your time sampling girls and bragging about it, while making fun of those that have serious relationships and telling yourself that all girls are b.itches and w.hores and materialistic.

There are girls that when you hook up with, all the aforementioned reasons will not even count because they can go the extra mile to make it work.

Wake up brothers. Loneliness is not ideal.
shut up is a lie, most of the reason most young men are not married yet are the fear we developed after seeing that most girls we thought were humans,were pure animals in human form, and the good ones are being fast converted from humans to animals, by numerous breed of animals roaming the streets..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Edusouls(m): 11:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
donpeey22:
Men don't need marriage provided there is steady supply of punnacheesy cheesy cheesy

Those who are desperate for marriage are only those who allow societal pressure to dictate the direction of their journey on earth. #fact
shut up very immature and shallow minded teenager how old are you?
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Edusouls(m): 11:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
Prinxx:
E no easy o.... God help us.
i tell yot may God save us from the hands of many disguised evil breed of women nowadays...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Edusouls(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
why wont men be afraid, these days women have turned so wicked and evil that everybndy is running for his dear life! The heart of most girls you see, forget the pretty face, is black like the back of a pot that is steadily cooked on firewood, and not even stove...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by MightyFortress: 11:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Na true o
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by cococandy(f): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
undecided
Edusouls:
you should thank him for those meanigninful and insightful points and also learn, i know u are not married..
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by wizzymate(m): 12:54am On Mar 07, 2015
Marriage is fast becoming a necessity,but then does marriage guarantee heaven?
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by wyyzkay(m): 1:14am On Mar 07, 2015
Huh !!!! Well we all have different view abt ds...criticize less !!! Nyt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Is Sleeping With Our Pastor, Has Two Children With Other Men / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.