Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely (34129 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / I Have A Word For Many Young And Mature Girls This Morning With This Pic. / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by babyfaceafrica: 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
donpeey22:
Many men have singlehandedly raised great sons and daughters who are doing very well without any emotional support from any goddamn mother. Instances abound. There is no verifiable evidence to back up your claim that any child that doesn't grow up with both parents always end up having one social problem or the other. It is perhaps one of the many bigoted opinions that some people have.
My broda I agree with you absolutely....many people think just because a child is raised by a woman the child will fair better....I am yet so see the proove of that....some men do great work with teir children...all in all..both parents raising a child is d best

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
Richiy:
Nothing is more pathetic than waking up one morning to discover that you are alone and sad.

You spent all your time sampling girls and bragging about it, while making fun of those that have serious relationships and telling yourself that all girls are b.itches and w.hores and materialistic.

There are girls that when you hook up with, all the aforementioned reasons will not even count because they can go the extra mile to make it work.

Wake up brothers. Loneliness is not ideal.
I don't support sleeping around but I'd take waking up alone than being married with too much financial headache just because of wedding.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Sunnypar(m): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
Well, women are the one that feel the lonliness than men. I know of a man than the wife died after three years of marriage and has single handely raised three kids for 10yrs.
babyfaceafrica:
My broda I agree with you absolutely....many people think just because a child is raised by a woman the child will fair better....I am yet so see the proove of that....some men do great work with teir children...all in all..both parents raising a child is d best
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by anwo247: 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
****Men think they are still young at 30
****Expensive lifestyle of ladies.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by tomsugar(m): 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is it wrong for a Graduate to take up a school leaver pay hence He Could not lay his hands On a better job and how doeS it affect he's mind about marriage
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by babyfaceafrica: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sunnypar:
Well, women are the one that feel the lonliness than men. I know of a man than the wife died after three years of marriage and has single handely raised three kids for 10yrs.
Well I wouldn't want to agree totally with your first sentence majoly cos men intenalize emotons so how would we be sure of of what dey feel...my dad raised three boys naw for ove 19 yrs

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
LOL
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by DaPhilosopher(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2015
Evertime na reasons we dey gt here! Me don ready to marry since sef! Can't wait!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
You people make marriage seem like it's a good thing
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2015
Words of wisdom. Superb write up OP.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by bigbams24: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Many guys are worried about marrying the wrong person.

http://thenakedconvos.com/why-we-end-up-marrying-the-wrong-people/

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by bameyi(m): 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
Bride price too dem high future father in laws should drop their price some of this girls are made in China and they want collect made in Belgium price

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by bigbams24: 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
RAKITIC:
Marriage is overrated bro , nothing compares to been single.

So are you never going to date someone? And if you are, I'll like to know what the point is if it is not for marriage.

http://thenakedconvos.com/if-marriage-isnt-the-goal-why-are-you-dating-himher/
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by yemison(m): 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
well ur ryt in ur write ups bt mind u its not every one dat u c in his early or late 30s dat jx waisted his life away during his teenage n 20s bt d hustle n bostle of life can delay one couple wit d corruption in our 9ja universities.

so every body has his story...

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Decryptor(m): 7:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
Richiy:

When I see folks ranting all these stereotypical injustices, I just know they are yet to attain maturity. Boys are very different from men...very different

And Some of these "men" have died prematurely from health related problems such as High Blood Pressure, Stroke etc because of the psychological trauma of having to know that the woman whom you thought was worth it has turned to be your most revered enemy.

Some of these "Men" end up facing hell in their homes and dread going back to the house at the close of work in order to avoid the devil in their house in the cloak of a wife.

Some of these "Men" spend the remaining prime of their lives raising children whom he thinks are his own biologically only to discover out of either necessity or providence that the chldren who called you daddy all those years belong to different men.

I would rather choose to remain a boy and live a stress - free life of freedom than be a man and nose-dive to my death or become a miserable emotional wreck!

Marraige is nothing but a fraud!

#ForeverSingle

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by lightoftruth: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op from your write up 75% of the reason young men are single is entirely not their fault so is not a bad record .
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
bigbams24:

So are you never going to date someone? And if you are, I'll like to know what the point is if it is not for marriage.

http://thenakedconvos.com/if-marriage-isnt-the-goal-why-are-you-dating-himher/
To get laid!
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Truckpusher(m): 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
[[s]quote author=Rapmoney post=31283720]Often times, most young men in Nigeria are quick to see and pick out ladies who are not married in the society. They can go on and on to give You countless lists of reasons why these ladies are single and why they would remain so. Their reasons could centre on the quest for material things by these ladies or their high degree of pride. There's need to shift the search light a bit, to the male folks (Am still very proud to be a man and I wouldn't change it if I were to come to the world again). There are so many young men who are in their late twenties and thirties and still unmarried and lonely! What could be the cause? Because going by personal knowledge of some of my fellow young men and sober discussions I had with them, I have come to understand that most of them long for a committed relationship, marriage and a lovely family (My humble self is not exempted from this, please). Below are some of the salient reasons that could account for this type of situation:

1) The high cost of bride price (mostly in the eastern region) and the many unnecessary jamborees that go with marriage ceremonies (applicable to most parts of Nigeria) has made most young men to crawl into their shells like snails. When I created a thread on the issue of marriage becoming a luxury in Nigeria, some e-warriors wanted to slit my throat through their keypads. A situation where you have to save to facilitate a marriage, coupled with other pending projects begging to be attended to (We all know not everyone is Dangote's son), you might get confused and curse love. Especially, when you have so many things to accomplish or put in place. These days, most ladies would not date you beyond a year without you tying the knot with them (That is if you have not realised that you are the only one in a relationship that was originally meant for two).

2.Omo, e nor easy for some guys o! Who nor go nor go know. With the harsh economic conditions necessitated by our past rulers and complemented by the corrupt government of the day, many young men are still struggling to find their feet. You might not know this until you leave the comfort zone...the comfort of your parents home! That is if you have one! There are peeps who have never known comfort in a home since they were born! So you think this doesn't affect our young men physically, emotionally and psychologically? Some have come to 'hate' love and marriage yet, they long for them! This accout for why some young men are still unmarried and 'lonely'.

3) The lifestyles of most ladies in our society have also made it difficult for many young men to get married. You might hook up with a lady today with the false belief that she is decent and God-fearing; in the long run, you find out that everything has been a high profile scam!!! What next? You start all over again to fall in love and start a relationship! Common! That exercise drains your mental energy like hell!!! This has made young men to be very wary...many have remained single, still searching grin

4) The careless attitude of some young men is among the reasons why they are not married. I always encourage my younger male cousins and nephews to start life early enough. There are some men who spent their teenage and adolescent years drinking, partying, gallivanting and lazying about. They only reaslise that time is not on their side when they clock 38! In my neighbourhood, there men who are above 30 but their attitude and way of life, coupled with the way they talk and reason is half their age...not better that the reasoning of a silly teenager!!! If you are in this type of situation...no house of your own, no job, no degree, no training or skills, and you in your late twenties or early thirties, I seriously wonder if any sane and serious woman would want to enter into a committed relationship with you.

Views are very welcomed...
Goodmorning everyone[/s][/quote]Trash.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by omonnakoda: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Marriage is strong in societies where men dominate and women are dependent on men for their upkeep. As women become more empowered they will demand more equality as they start to see through the bullshit of men and marriages crumble.
Loneliness and aloneness are not the same thing . Loneliness entails longing for company and feeling of incompleteness. Others may feel complete and have no such yearnings . We are different animals

One can be married and very lonely. Many marriages are for show outside. They do not eat from the same pot or sleep in the same bed for years. The most important thing is to have your kids everything else is story. Do not let anyone deceive you that you are missing anything. Marriage is good for SOME but not everyone. Not every animal is a domestic animal that will be fed by its owner. Some will be in the wild hunting to survive

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by richard870(m): 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
This needs a counter thread
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks baby.
For saving me the stress @truckpusher.

This guy obviously has a problem with marriage and its procedures.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by greennproud: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
SuperSuave:
O.P well done, nice write up even tho I ddnt read a sentence.
No thanks to the poor reading culture.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by An2elect2(f): 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Sunnypar:

Women feel lonely more than men. You have not told us you were once a woman to know this. LOL Or wait, you are a woman? LOL

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by An2elect2(f): 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
tensazangetsu:
You people make marriage seem like it's a good thing
Marriage is evil
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by lolaxavier(m): 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Richiy:
Nothing is more pathetic than waking up one morning to discover that you are alone and sad.

You spent all your time sampling girls and bragging about it, while making fun of those that have serious relationships and telling yourself that all girls are b.itches and w.hores and materialistic.

There are girls that when you hook up with, all the aforementioned reasons will not even count because they can go the extra mile to make it work.

Wake up brothers. Loneliness is not ideal.

Well, I would say you are right about feeling lonely but definitely not because you don't have a partner to wake up beside.
In my own, I have not just found someone who I feel I can be with. I guess more so that it has to do with my non-belief in religion. Guess that what most girls want.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by An2elect2(f): 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
bameyi:
Bride price too dem high future father in laws should drop their price some of this girls are made in China and they want collect made in Belgium price

dem girls haf suffered grin
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
Some men are starting to wake up and see marriage for what it is: A SHAM. Why would a "man" waste his time, resources and energy on some ungrateful, sleazy broad? Man, I don't know for these manginas and white knights.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
Rapmoney:
Often times, most young men in Nigeria are quick to see and pick out ladies who are not married in the society. They can go on and on to give You countless lists of reasons why these ladies are single and why they would remain so. Their reasons could centre on the quest for material things by these ladies or their high degree of pride. There's need to shift the search light a bit, to the male folks (Am still very proud to be a man and I wouldn't change it if I were to come to the world again). There are so many young men who are in their late twenties and thirties and still unmarried and lonely! What could be the cause? Because going by personal knowledge of some of my fellow young men and sober discussions I had with them, I have come to understand that most of them long for a committed relationship, marriage and a lovely family (My humble self is not exempted from this, please). Below are some of the salient reasons that could account for this type of situation:

1) The high cost of bride price (mostly in the eastern region) and the many unnecessary jamborees that go with marriage ceremonies (applicable to most parts of Nigeria) has made most young men to crawl into their shells like snails. When I created a thread on the issue of marriage becoming a luxury in Nigeria, some e-warriors wanted to slit my throat through their keypads. A situation where you have to save to facilitate a marriage, coupled with other pending projects begging to be attended to (We all know not everyone is Dangote's son), you might get confused and curse love. Especially, when you have so many things to accomplish or put in place. These days, most ladies would not date you beyond a year without you tying the knot with them (That is if you have not realised that you are the only one in a relationship that was originally meant for two).

2.Omo, e nor easy for some guys o! Who nor go nor go know. With the harsh economic conditions necessitated by our past rulers and complemented by the corrupt government of the day, many young men are still struggling to find their feet. You might not know this until you leave the comfort zone...the comfort of your parents home! That is if you have one! There are peeps who have never known comfort in a home since they were born! So you think this doesn't affect our young men physically, emotionally and psychologically? Some have come to 'hate' love and marriage yet, they long for them! This accout for why some young men are still unmarried and 'lonely'.

3) The lifestyles of most ladies in our society have also made it difficult for many young men to get married. You might hook up with a lady today with the false belief that she is decent and God-fearing; in the long run, you find out that everything has been a high profile scam!!! What next? You start all over again to fall in love and start a relationship! Common! That exercise drains your mental energy like hell!!! This has made young men to be very wary...many have remained single, still searching grin

4) The careless attitude of some young men is among the reasons why they are not married. I always encourage my younger male cousins and nephews to start life early enough. There are some men who spent their teenage and adolescent years drinking, partying, gallivanting and lazying about. They only reaslise that time is not on their side when they clock 38! In my neighbourhood, there men who are above 30 but their attitude and way of life, coupled with the way they talk and reason is half their age...not better that the reasoning of a silly teenager!!! If you are in this type of situation...no house of your own, no job, no degree, no training or skills, and you in your late twenties or early thirties, I seriously wonder if any sane and serious woman would want to enter into a committed relationship with you.

Views are very welcomed...
Goodmorning everyone
That's why I keep saying that ladies should change prayer topic. Their prayer should be "God open our brothers them way" not "God please where is man?".
Bros me self no believe say I go reach 31 and still dey single.
Anyway, I don tell God say na this year. Age self don show for my face. God na abeg I dey beg.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by An2elect2(f): 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2015
Decryptor:

And Some of these "men" have died prematurely from health related problems such as High Blood Pressure, Stroke etc because of the psychological trauma of having to know that the woman whom you thought was worth it has turned to be your most revered enemy.

Some of these "Men" end up facing hell in their homes and dread going back to the house at the close of work in order to avoid the devil in their house in the cloak of a wife.

Some of these "Men" spend the remaining prime of their lives raising children whom he thinks are his own biologically only to discover out of either necessity or providence that the chldren who called you daddy all those years belong to different men.

I would rather choose to remain a boy and live a stress - free life of freedom than be a man and nose-dive to my death or become a miserable emotional wreck!

Marraige is nothing but a fraud!

#ForeverSingle

Yea yea cry us a river huh. Any woman can say similar things too. Women go through trauma in the hands of men too, hello.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by vislabraye(m): 8:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
okirewaju:
They are getting what is supposed to be reserved for marriage so why worry when they can get a girl/girls to carry out wifely duties

Misplaced piorities- I know someone who is into flashy girls only and these girls in turn needs maintainance which he cannot provide. I keep asking why not go for the girl that you can take care of comfortably. I remember a gist he told me about going out with 1 of his gf to research for her finalyear project w years back, they were together at the taxi rank waiting for more passengers then a car reversed back and called his girlfriend's name, turned out it was an old friend of her's. She went towards the car, spoke with the occcupants, entered the car and they zoomed off leaving her supposed boyfriend who was going to help her with her project work.

Hahahahaha... The guy continue her project ??

Na that kine thing dey make man want deal with every babe him meet.
Re: Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely by Decryptor(m): 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
An2elect2:

Yea yea cry us a river huh. Any woman can say similar things too. Women go through trauma in the hands of men too, hello.

I ain't crying no river! I am only stating the obvious so you can keep ranting all you want

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Compares Himself To Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams' Husband / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.