Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? (4358 Views)

Primetime Emmy Awards - Who Wore What / Oscar Fashion - Who Wore What / Video Music Awards 2009:Who Wore What.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 3:03am On Jan 13, 2009
When i first saw Cameron i was like shocked shocked
What the frigging hell happen to her?

Jlo missed road grin grin

I liked Kate's dress.
Drew's dress was gorgeous but the hair is all wrong.
Liked Megan Fox's dress but somehow she came off robotic no pun
Beyonce looked as she always does on the red carpet, too tight, too shiny.  Thank goodness she didn't go overboard with the jewelry.  The swirls on the dress sef should have emphasized her waist not her hips.
Eva's dress was lovely but i didn't like the shade or was it the sheen?
Loved Rumer's dress without that belt thingie ughhh.
Also liked Evan Rachel's dress - i hope she has finally shed the Dita VonTeese look.
Anne's dress was lovely too.

LMAO Karma, i thought Marisa looked alright.  I guess pretty tame to how she was in the movie.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 3:06am On Jan 13, 2009
OMG - Am I the only one who thinks Drew Barrymore's dress is to die for? (It is my favourite of the lot of 'em). But she looked like she was having some sort of bad or dodgy hair day.

Liked Kate Bekinsale's dress (would work as a wedding dress I should think).
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 3:08am On Jan 13, 2009
Marisa looked terrible jo! like she stole Captain Jack Sparrow's clothes. Didnt help that she looked wornout as well. Abeg the woman no try at all. The fact that a 62 yr old looked better should make her feel ashamed.

I dont know, I thought Drew's hair was sexy. Lmao she looked like she was in the middle of a romp and dragged to the GGs  tongue
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by osisi2(f): 3:12am On Jan 13, 2009
didn't watch it
don't know 3/4 of their names
couldn't care less what they wore
when my 401K is losing money
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 3:12am On Jan 13, 2009
Drew has been carrying that hair style for a few days now or is it a few weeks.
She looks like she got high or something especially during Spielberg's speech.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 3:18am On Jan 13, 2009
Sandra Bullock's dress was also very lovely. Oh and Kate Winslet in her classic cut black dress looked quite stunning.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 3:21am On Jan 13, 2009
Osisi as a physician you will never have anything to worry about

iice:

K
Drew has been carrying that hair style for a few days now or is it a few weeks. .

Has she? I havent seen her in a long time
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by SisiJinx: 3:42am On Jan 13, 2009
Mirror! Mirror on the wall, who was the messiest and untidiest of them all??!!
Renee Zellweger!!

Did anyone see her when she came on stage? She looked like she was HIGH!!!!

She comes off a bit mentally unstanble and I swear if one day we hear that she has a room full of teddies she talks to her and has tea with, I won’t be surprised. lipsrsealed

Drew B's Hair. . .  all through the night, I was expecting a flock of birds and their little babies to fly out it. undecided

Not a big fan of Eva L but I thought she had one if not the best dress.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 3:45am On Jan 13, 2009
yea after marisa, renee looked terrible
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 3:55am On Jan 13, 2009
LMAO sisi, my sis said the same thing about Renee.
I sort of liked the dress though only the sheer top was too much.

Didn't like Eva Mendes dress. . .the white was too white undecided
Loved the turquoise necklace though. . .kindda like Beyonce's necklace undecided
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 4:29am On Jan 13, 2009
Who was Renee wearing? The dress did her no favours whatsoever. The same for Angelina Jolie.

@ Iice, the whiteness of the dress Eva Mendes wore was not even an issue for me. My eye was take away by that contraption that was attached to the front of the dress. If she had a cock, one would think it had been put there to hide a permanent erection. undecided LOL.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2009
I loved Drew's dress the most but her hair is sooooo wrong! Blonde is so not the way to go for her.

Marisa Tomei was alright na, her dress was laid back and not all that bad, at least compared to Renee.

Cameron looked like a tall, gangly boy with long hair. The dress, hair and make up did nothing for her at all.

I also really liked Kate Winslet's dress and Scarlett Johansson's too (is there a picture of scarlet here?)

mohawkchic:

~I Doubt it!! But Who Knows . . . undecided

~Oooh B.T.W SPC Fab Thread!! kiss Some of the DResses are to die for!! Am in dream land trying to imagine a wardrobe full of all these gorgeous Gowns . . .*Sighs* grin ~ don't wake me up soon!!

I haven't seen Julia on the red carpet since God knows how long, is she even still an actress? I think the last movie she was in was Ocean's 13 or so.

Thanks MHC though I have an evil notion to pour a bucket of ice cold water over your head. That should wake you up from your slumber real good. winktongue
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by tpia: 8:03am On Jan 13, 2009
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 8:41am On Jan 13, 2009
tpia:

Loved the Kate Winslet, Drew Barrymore (minus the hair) and Vanessa Hudgens(also minus hair). Very impressive, imo.

What was wrong with Vanessa's hair?

J-lo's dress looked like old curtains. I loved America Ferrera's dress!!!
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 9:33am On Jan 13, 2009
Sapphic:

Who was Renee wearing? The dress did her no favours whatsoever.

Who else does she wear except Carolina Herrera?

Jlo wanted to be the golden globe statue grin
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 9:58am On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

Who else does she wear except Carolina Herrera?

Jlo wanted to be the golden globe statue grin

Herrera did that to her? On second thought, the dress is not that bad, someone with more grace and elegance could have pulled that off but she just looked downright messy!!!

lol @ Jlo. cheesy
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Herrera did that to her? On second thought, the dress is not that bad, someone with more grace and elegance could have pulled that off but she just looked downright messy!!!

lol @ Jlo. cheesy

I don't think Herrera did it to her, maybe she (Renee) did the messy bit herself.
The dress (which isn't a dress, its a skirt and top - so they said) is out of Herrera's spring/summer collection.
I liked it but maybe a camisole  would have been better underneath sheer top abi na organza top sef.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 11:40am On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

I don't think Herrera did it to her, maybe she (Renee) did the messy bit herself.
The dress (which isn't a dress, its a skirt and top - so they said) is out of Herrera's spring/summer collection.
I liked it but maybe a camisole  would have been better underneath sheer top abi na organza top sef.

I noticed the top and dress part too but I just assumed both parts of the dress had already been sewn together.
A black camisole (or even the bustier thingie in black) would have looked better in the sheer fabric and someone not quite as messy could have pulled it off quite well.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by bluespice(f): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2009
i loved dreww b's hair its so mordern remake of a sixties blow-out dunno if that made sense n i lovd the black abi na brunette roots tongue
is it just me or was i not shocked to see renee dressed like that?
that woman has to be conntly high or a damn good actress, how else does she end up coming out in horrible dresses like that one?
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2009
i loved dreww b's hair its so mordern remake of a sixties blow-out don't know if that made sense n i lovd the black abi na brunette roots
is it just me or was i not shocked to see renee dressed like that?
that woman has to be conntly high or a damn good actress, how else does she end up coming out in horrible dresses like that one?

You like Drew's hair? Inyama! tongue

I would consider Renee a good actress when she ditches the Bridget Jones type roles and take more of the Cold Mountain roles. undecided
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2009
Blonde is so not the way to go for her.

She's a natural blonde! Wow, cant believe im the only one that loved Drew's hair. Very sexy and flirtatious.  grin When she goes Red, she looks old.

Cant believe you people are defending Marisa's garbage lady outfit. Reminded me of the Puffy Shirt episode on Seinfeld. Even Jerry looked better in that shirt
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2009
KarmaMod:

She's a natural blonde! Wow, can't believe I'm the only one that loved Drew's hair. Very sexy and flirtatious.  grin When she goes Red, she looks old.

can't believe you people are defending Marisa's garbage lady outfit. Reminded me of the Puffy Shirt episode on Seinfeld. Even Jerry looked better in that shirt

Me I don't send that one, her hair was crap, natural blonde or not!tongue
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 5:47pm On Jan 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Me I don't send that one, her hair was crap, natural blonde or not!tongue

I concur. She should sack her hair stylist. Or sue him/her for ruining what would have been a purrfect look. The hair looked like she had been chased down an alleyway by some angry pigeons who had been sent packing from Trafalgar Square. undecided

Me thinks Renee's outfit needed a more voluptuous woman to carry it off. The white bit underneath helped and it was made worse by Renee being so pale.
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2009
You people think Marisa looked "alright. think Im gonna take your words seriously ever again? tongue
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 5:57pm On Jan 13, 2009
Anybody know what happed to dear Halle Berry? Or has she shunned such social events post baby birth?
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 6:13pm On Jan 13, 2009
Sapphic:

I concur. She should sack her hair stylist. Or sue him/her for ruining what would have been a purrfect look. The hair looked like she had been chased down an alleyway by some angry pigeons who had been sent packing from Trafalgar Square. undecided

cheesy cheesy

KarmaMod:

You people think Marisa looked "alright. think I'm going to take your words seriously ever again? tongue

Why do you keep referring to me as "you people"? shocked So you take my words seriously? shocked cheesy

Sapphic:

Anybody know what happed to dear Halle Berry? Or has she shunned such social events post baby birth?

I think she shunned social events too. She was in a movie recently - THINGS WE LOST IN THE FIRE, shouldn't she be promoting that?
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by iice(f): 6:40pm On Jan 13, 2009
Spikey Things we lost in the fire is a bit old, sometime around mid year last year.
One of the few movies i liked her in.  No too much hysterics.

http://www.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=320dd196-bd66-4355-afe6-e9f50c5fd876#eccfdf3d-7684-475c-a163-7fc311ba4cbc

I tried to copy the pick or the other way round, but it doesn't wanna work.
Is Drew's hair better in this pic? tongue
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by KarmaMod(f): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2009
Because you arent the only one hating on Drew's pretty hair spike angry tongue

iice:

http://www.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=320dd196-bd66-4355-afe6-e9f50c5fd876#eccfdf3d-7684-475c-a163-7fc311ba4cbc
Is Drew's hair better in this pic? tongue[/color]

ew. This is the garbage that they prefer o
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sapphic: 7:10pm On Jan 13, 2009
iice:

I tried to copy the pick or the other way round, but it doesn't want to work.

I clicked the link but there was no Drew pix and I spent a good few mins going through various pics till I got bored.

@TOH, I personally think Marisa did not look particularly bad. She should have lost all those things hanging round her neck. And I thought Beyonce looked gorgeous in her dress too (long slit et al.). And did I mention Ms. Bullock? (If I did, I am doing so again. . . fab dress).
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by Sissy3(f): 1:15am On Jan 14, 2009
J' adore eva longoria's red dress, sexy and simply  kiss ( but can't afford it oo, cost like $100000 where i get that kind of money 4 only a night of glamor lipsrsealed poor me  sad )

i like j.lo's dress, she is always different for the pack and i love that about her cool love u j.lo

hehe renee needs to check herself into fashion rehab for fashion checkup cheesy
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by SeanT21(f): 3:33am On Jan 14, 2009
What the hell is angelina jolie wearing?

That looks like a night gown~~What is up with the hair?~~

Angie did a Bad JOB!!~~How can zaharra let her mommy leave the house like that? embarassed
Re: The Golden Globes : Who Wore What? by spikedcylinder: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2009
iice:

Spikey Things we lost in the fire is a bit old, sometime around mid year last year.
One of the few movies i liked her in.  No too much hysterics.

I tried to copy the pick or the other way round, but it doesn't want to work.

Oh its an old movie? They are just showing us here o! angry

I think Drew is in a phase with her hair (prolly mid life crises or sumfin), wtf is that? shocked

SeanT21:

What the hell is angelina jolie wearing?

That looks like a night gown~~What is up with the hair?~~

Angie did a Bad JOB!!~~How can zaharra let her mommy leave the house like that? embarassed

I thought Angie's dress was horrible too but you can't fault a woman's dress sense when she has like, what, a gazillion kids. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Italian Suits And A Waistcoat Cravate For Just N27,500 / Feb 11 Ladies Dress Sense And Pose Style You Can Rock / How To Become A Successful MAKEUP ARTIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.