Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring (759 Views)

Stop Bringing Useless Posts To Front Page - Nairaland So-called Moderators. / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Contrary To Apc Claims, Gloria Okon 'Died' When Buhari Was Head Of State- Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring by RedEboe(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2015
I read the Glory Okon thread on NL's front page, a propaganda story wholly twisted and designed to exenorate Buhari's military regime and implicate Babangida for that young lady's death in 1985.

Obviously, pro-APC Nairalanders created this thread with their 'LIKES' crew on hand to post a supporting comment, "This is why Buhari is the next President", and all the LIKES begin to flow in.

I no longer understand the job of NL moderators, i wonder if they proof-read these threads before pushing it to home page.

The pro-APCs are not the only guilty party here, the GEJites also create appauling threads.

Unfortunately, while Nairaland mods have the uncannying ability to push pro-PDP ish threads to homepage with titles that can easily convince a one-year old that it is mere propaganda, they allow CLEAR pro-Buhari threads to fly into front page as FACT.

It's getting disgusting.

That Gloria Okon story has no business on front page.

1 Like

Re: Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring by GeneralBosco: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2015
[s]
RedEboe:
I read the Glory Okon thread on NL's front page, a propaganda story wholly twisted and designed to exenorate Buhari's military regime and implicate Babangida for that young lady's death in 1985.

Obviously, pro-APC Nairalanders created this thread with their 'LIKES' crew on hand to post a supporting comment, "This is why Buhari is the next President", and all the LIKES begin to flow in.

I no longer understand the job of NL moderators, i wonder if they proof-read these threads before pushing it to home page.

The pro-APCs are not the only guilty party here, the GEJites also create appauling threads.

Unfortunately, while Nairaland mods have the uncannying ability to push pro-PDP ish threads to homepage with titles that can easily convince a one-year old that it is mere propaganda, they allow CLEAR pro-Buhari threads to fly into front page as FACT.

It's getting disgusting.

That Gloria Okon story has no business on front page.
[/s]
Give us a true version of your own story with evidences to back your claims or [size=16pt]S.T.F.U[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:30pm On Mar 04, 2015
Rubbish! The true story of Gloria Okon is known to those who witnessed it and how Ibrahim Babangida hurriedly overthrew Muhammadu Buhari soon after the issue got to the knowledge of the public.
Some years ago, maybe June 2008 or June 2009, I can't remember; in an interview with one Professor Idowu, a musicologist in New York by the Nations, a lot was revealed. You may google it. In this interview, for the first time, I got to know the name of Babangida and Vatsa, Chandler. He was the husband of Chinyere whose psyodonym was given as Gloria Okon.
OP, if it is still available, go look for the late highlife maestro, Orlando Owoh's song on Gloria Okon and Dele Giwa. Listen to it. It is revealing. This song landed him in detention at Alagbon. Listen to most of his songs after the incident. They reflect his disdain for Babangida. "E Get As E Be", "I Say No", "Experience", The Message", "Dele Giwa", etc.

4 Likes

Re: Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring by Candour(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2015
Actually the IBB connection to the Gloria Okon saga has being known to all adult Nigerians since Dele Giwa's death in 1986 or 1987( not so sure now).

Fela sang about it, Orlando Owoh also did. Gani fawehinmi made it his lifelong struggle to bring Akilu and Togun(IBB henchmen) to book for their roles in the matter but was frustrated till he died.

Its actually shocking some people try to pin it on buhari today

2 Likes

Re: Re: Gloria Okon's Story On Front Page - Nairaland Becoming Filthy And Boring by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
Some people are really pained about the story.
Lol!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike Ask Rivers People To Vote Out PDP In All Elections. (watch) / Nigeria Prepares For Delayed Presidential Vote / Inside Story On The Shooting Of Amaechi’s Convoy In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.