Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway (14427 Views)

FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / FG Begins Construction Of Benin-Auchi-Okene Road (Pics) / Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by sammhi(m): 2:33am On Mar 05, 2015
mentorandfriend:
If it takes the challenge of a GMB to make this useless government to sit up to its task of tackling insecurity, commissioning and flagging off power plants, and becoming serious in equiping our military in just 6 weeks after almost 6 years of kpora kpora polictics, dear Lord in Heaven, please have mercy on Nigeria and give us more GMBs.

your love for Tinubu has blinded your sense of reasoning....So GEJ will fix all the roads in 36 States within 4 years..ode ni e....has Tinubu fox all the roads in lagos after 16 years?
so it was GMB dat made GEJ to award lagos ibadan road benn ore and Abuja Lokoja amongst odas? well just note that APC wont get there...u can bet dat...ode

6 Likes

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by nkpommpko(m): 3:01am On Mar 05, 2015
What do u call any Nigerian who is on N7k monthly salary, that queues up for hours just to buy petrol at N110/ltr for his IBPMN generator to power his/her techno phone just to type GEJ TILL 2019.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by dallyemmy: 3:22am On Mar 05, 2015
Where was he in the last 6 years? Projects awarded to woo voters and I hope it would not later end up like 2nd Niger bridge. Father save south eastern Nigeria!
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by AmiableJay(m): 4:06am On Mar 05, 2015
condralbede:
ok....A very good welcome development for d people of SE and SS.

GEJ till OBJ learn how to dribble and scores goal.
He scored the two goals for his team in that novelty match.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by AreaFada2: 4:34am On Mar 05, 2015
sapientia:
and If Buhari enters..

First thing he will do is to say that the awarding of the project is fraudulent..

He will initiate moves to try the corrupt officials that awarded it..

Then the work will stop...

Maybe after 30 years, we will have another Jonathan that will start the project again...

It's what those guys are good at. Cancel contracts and waste time. In the end nothing gets done.
Yar'Adua cancelled OBJ last minute and older contracts. Then he got seriously ill & barely did much, aside using Jona to pacify Niger Delta militants.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by M4gunners: 4:44am On Mar 05, 2015
No need to comment again i can see fresh air everywhere.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by mentorandfriend(m): 4:49am On Mar 05, 2015
sammhi:

[s]your love for Tinubu has blinded your sense of reasoning....So GEJ will fix all the roads in 36 States within 4 years..ode ni e....has Tinubu fox all the roads in lagos after 16 years?
so it was GMB dat made GEJ to award lagos ibadan road benn ore and Abuja Lokoja amongst odas? well just note that APC wont get there...u can bet dat...ode
[/s]Do I have your time?
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by walozanga(m): 5:11am On Mar 05, 2015
Meringe:
Election fever.

They are commissioning everything thing . Hope they will not commission death.

I'm happy that Tinubu and others that formed APC did their work very well. I'm Igbo but I like the political calculations of tinubu. Since APC presented a real challenge, PDP n GEj has been on their feets. No more business as usual. The real politics of quality is about to be introduce in Nigeria , to be aided by the card reader of INEC.

WONDERFUL!!!

I know u Oga, no deny ur tribe cos of nairaland comment, u are a typical Hausa man. Mtchew
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by joxhibit(m): 5:43am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by joxhibit(m): 5:45am On Mar 05, 2015
Lol!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by 30pence: 5:46am On Mar 05, 2015
ishiamu:
President Goodluck Jonathan, Wednesday, flagged off the second section of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway stretching from Aba Rail/ Road Bridge crossing to Eleme Junction in Port Harcourt.

The 41.4 kilometer road was awarded to the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation at the cost of N34, 047, 096, 919.17 with a completion period of 30 months.

Flagging of the project, President Jonathan represented by the Minister for Works, Chief Mike Onolememen, said the gesture was a demonstration of his avowed commitment to the development of road infrastructure in the country in line with the transformation agenda of his administration.

He noted that the Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriage way is an important North-South arterial highway route connecting so many important cities in the country.

Jonathan said the highway constructed over 70 years ago was begging for total rehabilitation following enormous pressure on it as a result of increasing traffic flow, hence, the resolve of his administration to give it a face-lift.

He noted with delight the progress of work on section one of the expressway, stretching from Lokpanta to Aba awarded in 2013, hinting that section three of the road spanning from Enugu to Lopkanta had already been awarded and would be flagged-off next week.

The President said with the award of contract for the second and third sections of the road, “the entire stretch of the Enugu-Port Harcourt highway is now under total rehabilitation.”

This he added was in response to “the cries and yearnings of the good people of the South-South and South East zones and indeed all Nigerians.”

Onolememen in his own address which was read by the Director of Highway Planning and Development, Federal Ministry of Works, Mr. Bala Danshehu, said the total length of the road from Enugu to Port Harcourt is 218 kilometers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-begins-second-section-of-enugu-pharcourt-expressway/

THIS MAN IS KIND!
DEMOCRACY IS SWEET!!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by owobokiri(m): 5:50am On Mar 05, 2015
babestella:

I can see you are the daft one here anuofia, read your s1lly post. I can see that the lies your APC party sold you really got into your bone marrow so much that you can boldly say GEJ has been president for 6 years and VP for 2 years. What kind of people are really supporting this APC party full of urchins, where are they from sef? Trying to put Nigeria into the hands of s1lly people suffering from gingivitis, mouth odor, leaky b.ums, unknown hidden ailments etc. Why?

Come and see finishing. . Perfectly done. .
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by anonimi: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2015
Controlled:
back to Otuoke. too little too late

In your very tiny mind, you must think that constructing a road is like going to the market to buy groundut and garri, not so

If you do not know, please go and find out what the process is for undertaking engineering works so you no longer embarass yourself with comments that expose your limited knowledge on such things.

#Friendly_Advice

Meanwhile let the fresh air of revival of our infrastructure eaten by the cankerworm of years of neglect by military DICTATORS and their pseudo-civilian successors continue.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2154438_freshair_gif8314145a2e711a494c07cd0f47fd29d5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112877_novacancy_jpeg4255da66843116ba83ff6b3a9f025799

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by anonimi: 5:58am On Mar 05, 2015
mentorandfriend:
If it takes the challenge of a GMB to make this useless government to sit up to its task of tackling insecurity, commissioning and flagging off power plants, and becoming serious in equiping our military in just 6 weeks after almost 6 years of kpora kpora polictics, dear Lord in Heaven, please have mercy on Nigeria and give us more GMBs.

Where are you from and/or where have you been

After eight years of NEGLECT by the son of the soil, the letter writing Agbaya of Owu, the democratic leader of the whole nation has been rehabilitating the Lagos-Ibadan express road:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161359_img20150226175539_jpegbc6a00ae4b27371d506d49406d0e541a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161387_img20150226175642_jpegf8db9fac0971f776c3703d5b2fc38ab6

His main challenger is only known for CANCELLING the good, progressive work of others.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by kunyeo(m): 6:03am On Mar 05, 2015
Meringe:
Election fever.

They are commissioning everything thing . Hope they will not commission death.

I'm happy that Tinubu and others that formed APC did their work very well. I'm Igbo but I like the political calculations of tinubu. Since APC presented a real challenge, PDP n GEj has been on their feets. No more business as usual. The real politics of quality is about to be introduce in Nigeria , to be aided by the card reader of INEC.
M
WONDERFUL!!!

Exactly. Somebody said if GMB could transform and make Jonathan sit up within 6 weeks,you can imagine what he GMB could do within 4 years!

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by babestella: 6:03am On Mar 05, 2015
mentorandfriend:

What nonsense are you spewing here? Do you ask yourself why we were not able to buy arms from western countries? Which was the obvious reason we could not re-equip our army on time until we were able to buy from Russia and China. You guys are full of hate for a man who obviously had been trying to equitably run this country. I don't your level of thinking but I think you are not really informed about your country and situations around here. Secondly, you talk about power station and I believe you know how long it takes to plan, build and commission a power station not to talk of transmission lines. Your APC darling party had covered your sense of reasoning with lies lies and lies so much so that you even come on line and say government projects are non existence because they know you'll never travel to see those project under construction. But the government had to embark on commissioning of these projects and invite the media so that you people can see that your party have been telling you lies that the government is not doing anything. Please appreciate what others are doing for posterity sake. My advice.

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by babestella: 6:05am On Mar 05, 2015
kunyeo:

Exactly. Somebody said if GMB could transform and make Jonathan sit up within 6 weeks,you can imagine what he GMB could do within 4 years!

You are powered by ignorance and hate. Simple.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by ishiamu(m): 6:14am On Mar 05, 2015
free2ryhme:

your ignorance is multiplying

Your stupidity knows no boundary
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by PastorOla1: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2015
AFTER 6 years PDP AND GEJ HAS NOW BECOME GOVERNMENT OF ELECTION TIME, JUST TO WIN AND NIGERIA WILL ENTER THEIR HAND AGAIN, WE REFUSED TO FALL INTO PDP TRAPS AGAIN, WE SHALL NOT BE CARRIED AWAY BY PDP-GEJ'S TRICKS, THEY HAVE DONE MORE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS THAN IN 6 YEARS OF GEJ'S REIEGN. NIGERIANS MUST BE VERY WEARY AND BE VERY CAREFUL OF ALL PDP'S ELECTION TIME "GREEK GIFT"

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by mentorandfriend(m): 6:31am On Mar 05, 2015
babestella:

What nonsense are you spewing here? Do you ask yourself why we were not able to buy arms from western countries? Which was the obvious reason we could not re-equip our army on time until we were able to buy from Russia and China. You guys are full of hate for a man who obviously had been trying to equitably run this country. I don't you level of thinking but I think you are not really informed about your country and situations around here. Secondly, you talk about power station and I believe you know how long it takes to plan, build and commission a power station not to talk of transmission lines. Your APC darling party had covered your sense of reasoning with lies lies and lies so much so that you even come on line and say government projects are non existence because they know you'll never travel to see those project under construction. But the government had to embark on commissioning if these projects and invite the media so that you people can see that your party have been telling you lies that the government is not doing anything. Please appreciate what others are doing for posterity sake. My advice.
Where do I even begin from to address your ignorance? So it took jonathan six good years to know that America will not sell weapons to Nigeria. I took him six years to know that Russia and China also manufacture weapons, while Nigerians where being massacred in churches, mosques and public markets. Talk of cluelessness. This is the same attitude to action found in almost all the sectors of the economy. Instance is a government that enjoyed the highest price per barrel of oil in five years and could not even save up money to salvage the naira in times of global financial crises as we are witnessing currently, only to wake up one morning and give a consent to devalue the naira. Yet he is going about, dolling out billions of naira to pastors and imams for reelection, and his finance minister is telling Nigerians to brace up for austerity measures. The more people like you try to defend the hell Nigerians are living in, the more I ask myself what impact Jonathan has really made on the life of an average Nigerian amidst all these noise. Meanwhile, I am not a member of any party. These are just my honest observations.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by Ahmeduana(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2015
Controlled:
back to Otuoke. too little too late
FORTUNATELY MEN ARE NOT GOD.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by mentorandfriend(m): 6:42am On Mar 05, 2015
anonimi:

Where are you from and/or where have you been

After eight years of NEGLECT by the son of the soil, the letter writing Agbaya of Owu, the democratic leader of the whole nation has been rehabilitating the Lagos-Ibadan express road:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161359_img20150226175539_jpegbc6a00ae4b27371d506d49406d0e541a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2161387_img20150226175642_jpegf8db9fac0971f776c3703d5b2fc38ab6

His main challenger is only known for CANCELLING the good, progressive work of others.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836
Nnaa, I never mentioned Obasanjo in my post biko, and note that I'm not a member of any party. I'm making observations from the stand point of any observant Nigerian. Jonathan has not done what should give him my vote a second time, hoha. If he has done enough, he wouldnt be a this jittery about an old retired general, jumping from church to church, kneeling at every alter, dolling out our hard earned billions to pastors and imams, even to the extent of postponing elections using flimsy reasons. I'm sure Nigerians will speak on March 28th. You guys should keep on consoling yourselves.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by Meringe(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2015
walozanga:

I know u Oga, no deny ur tribe cos of nairaland comment, u are a typical Hausa man. Mtchew
Abu m onye igbo. Ezigbo nwa afo imo steeti. Nwa ideato south. Abughi m onye ugwu , ma obu onye ofe nmanu.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by free2ryhme: 6:45am On Mar 05, 2015
ishiamu:

Your stupidity knows no boundary

CONGRATULATIONS! You've just won two days off to sit back, relax, and scrub out your ignore list! CLICK HERE to claim your prize!
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by arusoncd(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2015
I will never forgive GEJ if: After holding the
Yam and Knife , and someone without
anything wins.The President controls the
security, Funds INEC, chooses the date and
venue, appoints officials and referees of the
game, and above all has, 100% of the
incumbent aura. (ie about 90% of winning
advantage) Losing with all these attributes
means Erecting A Monument Of Shame, that I
hate . up GEJ NA YOU WE KNOW OH.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by tatosh: 7:21am On Mar 05, 2015
So he was able to do all these last minute abracadabra within the last 6 years but he chose not to until now that the stakes are high. Good

#Marchforchange
#SAIBuhari
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by kraftyiyk: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2015
I am not in support of PDP or APC, am only advocating for good reasonable governance,
having said that, the question is did they just discover the poor state of that road??

if elections held as at 14th Feb, would they have awarded it? off course we can see the road was already abandoned....
my only regret is that we don't even have a credible vibrant option aside Buhari, else Gooodluck should have been shown the way out.. the dude too dull a beg.
mcheeww I hiss.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by Mrpauch(m): 7:41am On Mar 05, 2015
ishiamu:
President Goodluck Jonathan, Wednesday, flagged off the second section of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway stretching from Aba Rail/ Road Bridge crossing to Eleme Junction in Port Harcourt.

The 41.4 kilometer road was awarded to the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation at the cost of N34, 047, 096, 919.17 with a completion period of 30 months.

Flagging of the project, President Jonathan represented by the Minister for Works, Chief Mike Onolememen, said the gesture was a demonstration of his avowed commitment to the development of road infrastructure in the country in line with the transformation agenda of his administration.

He noted that the Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriage way is an important North-South arterial highway route connecting so many important cities in the country.

Jonathan said the highway constructed over 70 years ago was begging for total rehabilitation following enormous pressure on it as a result of increasing traffic flow, hence, the resolve of his administration to give it a face-lift.

He noted with delight the progress of work on section one of the expressway, stretching from Lokpanta to Aba awarded in 2013, hinting that section three of the road spanning from Enugu to Lopkanta had already been awarded and would be flagged-off next week.

The President said with the award of contract for the second and third sections of the road, “the entire stretch of the Enugu-Port Harcourt highway is now under total rehabilitation.”

This he added was in response to “the cries and yearnings of the good people of the South-South and South East zones and indeed all Nigerians.”

Onolememen in his own address which was read by the Director of Highway Planning and Development, Federal Ministry of Works, Mr. Bala Danshehu, said the total length of the road from Enugu to Port Harcourt is 218 kilometers.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-begins-second-section-of-enugu-pharcourt-expressway/
41km road to be done in 30 months. Why not make it 41 months, am just disappointed.
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by otokx(m): 8:14am On Mar 05, 2015
nkpommpko:
What do u call any Nigerian who is on N7k monthly salary, that queues up for hours just to buy petrol at N110/ltr for his IBPMN generator to power his/her techno phone just to type GEJ TILL 2019.

Real Nigerian - we love to suffer and smile
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by anonimi: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2015
mentorandfriend:
dolling out our hard earned billions to pastors and imams, even to the extent of postponing elections using flimsy reasons.

If you want to believe LIES, na your own toro (3 pence) be that. Believe what you want to believe.
It is your choice. No one can deprive you of that.
At least under Jonathan there is liberty of thought and freedom of expression. Something that cannot be said of his main challenger.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3
Re: FG Begins Second Section Of Enugu-p’harcourt Expressway by mentorandfriend(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2015
anonimi:

If you want to believe LIES, na your own toro (3 pence) be that. Believe what you want to believe.
It is your choice. No one can deprive you of that.
At least under Jonathan there is liberty of thought and freedom of expression. Something that cannot be said of his main challenger.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098851_109602783_jpeg1fa095d1e8964ccd66363d37dc6c81b3
Take a look at your life! Quoting just a single statement from the points I ellucidiated in order to make yourself feel happy. You guys should keep deluding yourselves, until March 28th.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IGP Ibrahim Idris Sues Saraki, Senate Over N120b Bribery Allegations Against Him / Jimi Agbaje Is Not Playing Divisive Politics In Lagos / Can ‘Obidient’ Nigerians Surprise Tinubu, Atiku In 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.