Stats: 3,154,561 members, 7,823,483 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? (1344 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? / Wetin Lawyers Dey Do Sef (2) (3) (4)

Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by Muskjo(m): 4:26pm On Jan 12, 2009
Baby Lawyers, how to get to the top!!!
Can anyone share their experience and give advice on how to make an impact as a lawyer and also o course make the millions?
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by beecrofty(m): 10:48am On Jan 17, 2009
go to NTA, then announce that u hav caught who killed Kudirat Abiola, and then go to court, u go c how many millions u go make.
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by Vickade(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2009
beecrofty, why are u so harsh? the poor boy only wan2 no hw to get 2 the top. why not just direct him to gan or festus keyamo. they will show him the way to the top prison. gbam!
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by FBS: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2009
lawyers in the house where are you a fella needs your advice.
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by temi4rea(f): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2009
beecrofty:

go to NTA, then announce that u hav caught who killed Kudirat Abiola, and then go to court, u go c how many millions u go make.

cheesy or that of Bola Ige! grin grin grin
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by lawyer(m): 2:47pm On Jan 28, 2009
Bottom line continue to read everyday and join a law firm to gain more expereince. Lawyers dont make money in their earlir stages of their career after law school because of the need to continue reading and gaining practical expereince because the law is so wide and very little time to cover it all, but after 5 years or so, you will be well armed to do certain legal jobs and make Money. Choose the path you want to follow either in litigation or commercial or corporate law.

There is no short cut!
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by Cristalz(f): 4:41pm On Jan 28, 2009
How about criminal law? I rarely hear about that in this country grin
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by cvibe: 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2009
http://www.takaii.com/main/events.php

@poster You can go to the event to find out.
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by lawyer(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2009
Criminal law is so retarded in this country! I really hate it and i rarely appear in court for those kind of cases!

I remember when i was serving during my NYSC in the oyo state ministry of justice, i had a case of prosecuting a travellingband of hausa guys that found their way to ibadan and used hyenas to rob people?

The facts of the case was that, these hausa men were circus folks who played drums and tunes and it made the monkeys and hyenas dance wheneverthey play the songs and a large crowd will gather to watch these animals dance but in between, mysteriously their wallets will disappear once they come to that plce o watch them play. They accused the Hausa men for robbery and pointed the hyenas as their major suspect for jazzing them to watch them dance and they willbe hypnotized while the hyenas steal their money during that brief trance.

It was such a silly, ridiculous and dense case and the oyo state government was so adamant in pursuing the case to serve as an example! I was wondering what i was going to ask the hyenas during cross examination.

That was it for me! I havent looked back then!
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by DisGuy: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
lawyer:

Criminal law is so retarded in this country! I really hate it and i rarely appear in court for those kind of cases!

I remember when i was serving during my NYSC in the oyo state ministry of justice, i had a case of prosecuting a travellingband of hausa guys that found their way to ibadan and used hyenas to rob people?

The facts of the case was that, these hausa men were circus folks who played drums and tunes and it made the monkeys and hyenas dance wheneverthey play the songs and a large crowd will gather to watch these animals dance but in between, mysteriously their wallets will disappear once they come to that plce o watch them play. They accused the Hausa men for robbery and pointed the hyenas as their major suspect for jazzing them to watch them dance and they willbe hypnotized while the hyenas steal their money during that brief trance.

It was such a silly, ridiculous and dense case and the oyo state government was so adamant in pursuing the case to serve as an example! I was wondering what i was going to ask the hyenas during cross examination.

That was it for me! I havent looked back then!

wow We have the goat in kwara, the owl in ikeja now the hyena in oyo!! what a country!!
Re: Wetin Lawyers De Do Sef? by DisGuy: 12:10am On Apr 30, 2013
Student drags EFCC to court for character assassination
On April 29, 2013 · In News
7:54 pm

Enugu – A university student, Mr Ifeanyi Okoye, on Monday dragged the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to a Federal High Court in Enugu for alleged character assassination.

Okoye, of Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), filed the suit alleging character assassination and a breach of his fundamental human rights.

The counsel to the plaintiff, Mr Ralph Nnamu, said his client was arrested by the EFCC at a cyber café where he was sourcing information for his postgraduate project.

Nnamu said that on Jan. 21, 2011, operatives of the EFCC stormed the cyber café and whisked his client away to unknown destination.

He said that the operatives alleged that his client defrauded one foreign firm located in London, Global Ventures, of N10 million.

“It is unfortunate that up till now the EFCC is yet to furnish this court with clear evidence showing that my client truly committed the crime he was accused of.

“He has been going to the cyber café for his project work since his enrolment as a post graduate student.

“I don’t know where the EFCC sourced their information which they relied upon to prosecute my client,” he said.

The counsel to the EFCC, Mr Ethelbert Onunze, said it was a case that did not require much legal tussle.

He said the case was simple and straight forward as far as cases associated with cyber crime were concerned.

“The operatives of the EFCC acted on an alert by a concerned citizen who had been furnishing the commission with the activities of the plaintiff at the cyber café on weekly basis.

“The accused heinously defrauded the foreign firm of the sum of N10 million, claiming that he will supply them with raw materials for production of textiles.

“It was at the point of collecting the sum of N700,000 meant for the transportation of the said raw materials that the EFCC arrested him.

“The accused never worked or dealt with any firm here in Nigeria that was associated with the production of textile materials,” he said.

The presiding judge, Justice M.L. Shuaibu, adjourned the case till Oct. 9 for further hearing. (NAN)
Vanguard
adjourned till october? ?

I mean dont lawyers themselves see a problem with this?
Are the judges very lazy or are the lawyers are just looking for ways to earn more?

How Relevant Is Project Management Certificate In Nigeria / Wema Bank Vs Unity Bank Vs Keystone Bank / Vacancies In Osun State