Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira (1622 Views)

Ize-iyamu: I Have Details Of Apc’s Plans To Make Poll Inconclusive / APC Plans To Upturn Supreme Court Judgement On My Election – Fayose (Video) / APC Plans To Announce Fake Presidential Election Result – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
In politics, the media has a way of hyping people and making them look larger than life. They are painted as heroes and made to look like people that have a solution to our every problem.

Pastor Osinbajo is a distinguished academic and his credentials would give many a run for their intellect. But that is all there is to it. I have listened to him speak at various fora and I must say his solutions and how they plan to tackle Nigeria's problems can be summarised as petty, grandiose and purely theoretical.

On the issue of unemployment, they promise to introduce a social security program that will pay our unemployed youths and the aged a stipend every month. In their calculation, about 25 million people will be covered by this scheme. But taking a closer look, a discerning eye would see this scheme is totally unrealistic giving the current finances of the nation. Currently, the nation's budget is 85 percent recurrent and only 15 percent is spent on capital expenditure. What this means is that if such a scheme is introduced, our budget will be 100 percent recurrent and there will be nothing left to carry out capital expenditure.

This shows their lack of depth on how to address unemployment in the country. A comment by a nairalander sheds more light on the lack of economic sense in the plan.

"While Buhari is making plans to
keep the citizens dependent on him
through stipends (5000), GEJ is busy
empowering the youth to becoming
CEO's and job creators!"

Instead of giving people handout of 5K every month that won't have any meaningful impact on their lives. Why not create an innovation/business support fund that will give grants to businesses and people with business ideas to become enterpreneurs.

If the 1.5 trillion is used in this manner, a grant of 10 million naira can't be given to about 150, 000 youths every year. This people will set up businesses that will employ people, pay taxes to the government, grow the economy and increase the GDP of the economy. We would have less people roaming the streets. That is how to grow an economy.

This shows how they are bereft of ideas on how to move the nation forward. Even on paper, one can pick holes in this plan not to talk of transforming it into reality.Not everybody will swallow this unrealistic plans hook, line and sinker. This is 2015 and Nigerian youths are wiser.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
Greece fell for the opposition hype by electing them on January 25 2015, now they are protesting on the streets violently. APC is a Gang up, they do not have any plan to move Nigeria an inch forward.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by yazz09(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
My God bless you a billion times Mr OP.
1000likes to your post.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by fritiyo: 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2015
They wont understand because apc supporters are too blind to see the obvious truth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
Majority of dose thugs shouting change don't even know basic economics principle, dey just want d president to perform magic. Time is important in anytin ya do, rome wasn't built in a day. Wad change can dey expect from tinubu(mouth odour), using "his" yoruba supporters star since 1999!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by francizy(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
I have applied for YouWin, don't know about you all! Even if I don't win it, there's no harm in trying. Many people have become their own bosses thru this entrepreneurial scheme.

I'd rather get trained and get NGN 10M than settle for NGN 5K..
The first scheme creates bosses while the other scheme will create dependent slaves..

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by kodded(m): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2015
janus05:
Greece fell for the opposition hype by electing them on January 25 2015, now they are protesting on the streets violently. APC is a Gang up, they do not have any plan to move Nigeria an inch forward.
UNFORTUNATELY SAME THING HAPPEN TO LIBYA AND EGYPT NOW THEY ARE AT WAR , NO ONE TO RULE THEM
IT IS JUST SO UNFORTUNATE THAT THE CHANGE SEEKERS WERE PART OF THE PAST PDP THAT DESTROY THIS NATION SINCE 1999

embarassed cry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by vanunu: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2015
That is how osinbajo came out and told nigerians that they will build small small power stations every where and some people started to hail him, something that is practically impossible and very expensive.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by pheliciti: 11:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
Op,
You have completely misinterpreted the APC manifesto. The conditional cash transfer is for the poorest in society mainly the elderly and disabled and not the youth. It's main target is poverty reduction.

The programme for unemployed youth is entrepreneurship and skills training after NYSC to prepare them for self employment. Please read the APC manifesto and stop misinforming the public. On whether it is grandiose, please expand your horizon before commenting.
Conditional cash transfers is being used as an important tool for economic stimulus in several countries across the world – Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Germany. The most successful is the Bolsa familia project in Brazil.

8 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
pheliciti:
Op,
You have completely misinterpreted the APC manifesto. The conditional cash transfer is for the poorest in society mainly the elderly and disabled and not the youth. The programme for unemployed youth is entrepreneurship and skills training after NYSC to prepare them for self employment. Please read the APC manifesto and stop misinforming the public. On whether it is grandiose, please expand your horizon before commenting.
Conditional cash transfers is being used as an important tool for economic stimulus in several countries across the world – Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Germany. The most successful is the Bolsa familia project in Brazil.

The 5k is for the unemployed and the aged. There is also another one that plans to pay corps members money for a year after completing their national service. The countries u mentioned have a strong industrial base, low umemployment rate and richer than Nigeria. There is no basis for comparison. They have a strong economy that provides jobs for people willing and able to work. But no matter how developed an economy is, there would be people that will be left behind. And they intervene by still paying social benefits. That is not what we need in Nigeria. We need concrete solutions to our problems. Not facial dressing and cosmetic projects. We are not almajiris. We want to be taught how to fish and not giving fish. Moreover, we can't afford it, it will also be another avenue for corruption. A single person will end up collecting the money of 50 people. And with the current state of data collection. How do you know someone that is gainfully employed. Unemployed or underemployed?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by DankemzI(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:
In politics, the media has a way of hyping people and making them look larger than life. They are painted as heroes and made to look like people that have a solution to our every problem.

Pastor Osinbajo is a distinguished academic and his credentials would give many a run for their intellect. But that is all there is to it. I have listened to him speak at various fora and I must say his solutions and how they plan to tackle Nigeria's problems can be summarised as petty, grandiose and purely theoretical.

On the issue of unemployment, they promise to introduce a social security program that will pay our unemployed youths and the aged a stipend every month. In their calculation, about 25 million people will be covered by this scheme. But taking a closer look, a discerning eye would see this scheme is totally unrealistic giving the current finances of the nation. Currently, the nation's budget is 85 percent recurrent and only 15 percent is spent on capital expenditure. What this means is that if such a scheme is introduced, our budget will be 100 percent recurrent and there will be nothing left to carry out capital expenditure.

This shows their lack of depth on how to address unemployment in the country. A comment by a nairalander sheds more light on the lack of economic sense in the plan.

"While Buhari is making plans to
keep the citizens dependent on him
through stipends (5000), GEJ is busy
empowering the youth to becoming
CEO's and job creators!"

Instead of giving people handout of 5K every month that won't have any meaningful impact on their lives. Why not create an innovation/business support fund that will give grants to businesses and people with business ideas to become enterpreneurs.

If the 1.5 trillion is used in this manner, a grant of 10 million naira can't be given to about 150, 000 youths every year. This people will set up businesses that will employ people, pay taxes to the government, grow the economy and increase the GDP of the economy. We would have less people roaming the streets. That is how to grow an economy.

This shows how they are bereft of ideas on how to move the nation forward. Even on paper, one can pick holes in this plan not to talk of transforming it into reality.Not everybody will swallow this unrealistic plans hook, line and sinker. This is 2015 and Nigerian youths are wiser.

soTRUE

2 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 05, 2015
OP, APC never said it was the first policy they were going to implement.
It is obviously going to be something that would be implemented after the biting priorities such as security, electricity, job creation, education , health and infrastructure have been addressed.

In any case why have you not given this your advise to govt for last 5 years? Why only after APC reveal their plan, that you are trying to advise APC of better plan you have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 05, 2015
You may as well be playing the pools
francizy:
I have applied for YouWin, don't know about you all! Even if I don't win it, there's no harm in trying. Many people have become their own bosses thru this entrepreneurial scheme.

The first scheme creates bosses while the other scheme will create dependent slaves..

2 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by francizy(m): 1:55am On Mar 05, 2015
GenBuhari:
You may as well be playing the pools

Nahhh, I don't do pools/bets.. smiley

1 Like

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by egift(m): 2:08am On Mar 05, 2015
francizy:

You are better off playing Lotto.

You misunderstand the APC plan. I will do a thread on it later.
Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Trut(m): 2:45am On Mar 05, 2015
What the APC robots know is to chant sai nama, sai cow grin

4 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by stigman(m): 2:55am On Mar 05, 2015
They don't evev know what 5k can buy in the market, if really they know, they wouldn't open that their ass they call mouth
Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by Rad1cal: 3:10am On Mar 05, 2015
egift:

Your 1st sentence is stupid.

3 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by xandy84: 3:11am On Mar 05, 2015
I did argue with a friend that most APC manifesto is not realistic even in advance world. Lets take USA for instance, the government pays your food stamps from birth till 18 years and it ends. There is unemployment benefit for those that qualify. Your unemployment benefit depend on your level of income before you become jobless and your social security contribution. Nobody gives you free money. Paying people 5k monthly is not realistic considering the nation finances and paying corp member for a year is another waste of resources. NYSC had outlived it functions and need to be jettison and huge amount of resources will be saved from such avenue and not expending such program. As much as i want change in Nigeria, APC has not given be the need to consider them as change agent.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by francizy(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2015
egift:

I don't play lotto.. angry

I did not misunderstand its plans but am rather seeing thru all the promises and I feel like they are either just empty promises or they will be targeted to some set of people who will be affiliated to the government. We all know how corrupt these politicians are so I do not want to be deceived.

I've seen how YouWin works and how it has helped some youths but I don't know how they expect 5k salary and feeding spree to work in Nigeria. cry

2 Likes

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by YouthsPC0: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2015
Well done Op

No responsible Nigerian with a Functional brain will take sides with APC on this matter!

Because simple maths has already solved this problem ironically GMB and may be Osinbajo failed maths and thus can not see the foolly in thier plans

1 Like

Re: How The APC Plans To Transform Our Lives With 5000 Naira by agabaI23(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2015
francizy:

And you can imagine one of them criticising 30k paid to sure-p grads who on attachment to gain valuable experience when they planned to pay 5k. 5k disappears within seconds. Insult!!!
GEJ until 2019

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Abati Calls 2trillion Outrageous, Its JUST 10billion Dollars. / Is This A True Picture Of GEJ Packing Money To Otuoke Before Leaving Office? / See The Most Powerful Afrcian Proverbs Of All Time...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.