Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. (12728 Views)

"The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2015
It is not news that piracy has been a scourge that has rendered many Nigerian entertainers very little or nothing to show as a reward of their hard work.

Until recently Nigerian musicians moaned and groaned on how pirates have rendered them perpetually poor. Then a few years ago, certain musicians figured out that rather than fighting pirates and painting them as evil, they could actually collaborate with them and sign publishing deals with them.

Artistes like P Square, Tuface, Timaya e.t.c made millions off this pirates who in turn successfully sold their albums which sometimes went platinum. (Over 1 million copies sold)

We are now in the era of music downloads and most artistes are now turning to iTunes to earn music download revenues mostly from fans around the world.

This new dimension the music industry has taken is also applicable to the movies. Good quality videos made in Nigeria have a good chance at racking up huge revenue at the cinemas. But it doesn't end there. The recently debuted movie titled 30 days in Atlanta was produced by A.Y and it debuted in the Cinemas late last year.

It was also reported that the movie recorded huge success in ticket sales racking up over 35 Million Naira in revenue. It was reported to be the most successful Nollywood movie in the cinemas.

Then early this year, the executive producer's woes began. 30 days in Atlanta had been pirated. It was reported that pirated copies of the DVD were selling for 500 Naira while the street value or most Nollywood pirated movies are between 100 Naira and 150 Naira.

A successful movie like 30 days in Atlanta could easily sell hundreds of thousands of copies if not millions. Now that is good money when we add that up.

So I thought to myself. The deed has been done and pirated already have his work. This is good and bad in a way. It all depends on how A.Y reacts to this. In a country like Nigeria where copyrights are easily infringed upon and laws are easily broken, it's best he calls these pirates to the negotiation table and give them the publishing rights. Let them sell as many copies as they can and hopefully they stay fateful to the bargain. Perhaps or perchance A.Y and other intellectual property owners might be smiling to the bank again.

My humble Opinion. www.twitter.com/gidilink @gidilink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Joeblazeochola(m): 9:17am On Mar 05, 2015
i wonder hu go gri say im name na pirate then Wen u call am im go answer im go answer u, forget dis Guys are criminals n should b treated as One if identified

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 05, 2015
Joeblazeochola:
i wonder hu go gri say im name na pirate then Wen u call am im go answer im go answer u, forget dis Guys are criminals n should b treated as One if identified
They can easily be traced through the distribution chain. All that is needed is a little investigation.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by iwezor1(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2015
So sad bro, pls who knows wr I can download the movie to my phone pls?
#them dey talk a still da fin wia I go collect ma own.

Buh pls am serious wr can I download it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by ItsAnderson: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2015
You deserve it
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by 401kk: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2015
I dont understand you

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by tdayof(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2015
undecided no be our money
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by angrybird007: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Brilliant

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by jeeqaa7(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Lock up
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by GoodBoi1(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Is there fight against piracy in this country?
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by holluwai(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Just because AY released a movie and it has said to be pirated the whole Nigeria will not know peace? Whoever is reading this shouldn't get me wrong, what about movie producers that have been doing this all their lives and nothing else, please what should those ones do? Ay should relax and make the millions he can make whilst the movie is in the theatre and released in it's first, second and possibly the third week. He is blessed enough so if he catches anyone in the act, he should liaise with them and cut the loses!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by phatlytall(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
Kick then asses.
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Lastdon02(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2015
hmm
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by hazyfm1: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2015
TOO BAD THAT PIRACY HAS EATEN DEEP INTO OUR MOVIE INDUSTRY
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by sochima1989(m): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2015
He should decamp to APC....if Lagos pirates and imo are tracked down....e don finish b that
But AY wan cry
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2015
Nollywood being doing themselves since 1800,those pirates are in the industry and they even know them.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by folabayo1(f): 9:30am On Mar 05, 2015
It is well
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by amanze15(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
Okay, I don watch the pirated copy, na the original I dey find grin a lot of nigerians sell pirated movies across the streets of europe wink all na hustle
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
AY should focus his energy on giving his life to Christ. It is not all about money money money money

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by lilbabyak(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
It all depends on his opinion. Make them ma chop small inside the national cake
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by mrofficial(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
I wonder why it is so difficult for us to tackle piracy.
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by safarigirl(f): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
That's the long and short of it....if you can't beat them, collaborate with them
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Kolade354(m): 9:31am On Mar 05, 2015
Wetin concern okada with sealt belt..................30 days in atlanta ko 30 days in Surulere ni..........

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by amanze15(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2015
diluminati:
AY should focus his energy on giving his life to Christ. It is not all about money money money money
born-again, even ur pastors never gave money to poor people reach mario balotelli grin angry

1 Like

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2015
diluminati:
and who told you he hasn't given his life to christ?

Wetin join this your talk with the matter at hand sef?
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Obrigardo: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Piracy, very rampant in Nigeria

Meanwhile.....
In another news, this Treasure chest promises a return of 112% in a forthnight
and up to 300% in 120 days with daily payments. Call 08073633643 for free information
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Webbet(m): 9:34am On Mar 05, 2015
]A regulation should be set to check piracy.
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by iwezor1(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2015
diluminati:
lols what should he feed his family with then?
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Kaybee14(m): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2015
Something urgent must be done, so as to curtail this act because it is too rampant.

Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Chiefpriest1(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2015
Saw the film and was quite impressed. Your suggestion makes sense. Hope AY gets to see this
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. by Godspikin: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2015
I need 2 see dis movie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thor Vs Sango - Who Is More Powerful? / Power Recap: What You Should Know Ahead Of Season 6 / 5 Things We Are Expecting From 'Chief Daddy 2'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.