Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? (817 Views)

I Didn’t Say God Is Punishing Nigerians With Meningitis – Yari / Check Out Why Ogun State Is Different From All States In Nigeria / Ogun: Yes, Our People ‘re Abandoning PDP For Kashamu— Salako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by Kingspin(m): 10:33am On Mar 05, 2015
Why Ogun people’re punishing
Amosun today — Sen Obadara OGUN - SEnator Gbenga Obadara, representing Ogun Central Senatorial District, represents the governor’s constituency in the Senate. He in this interview responds to several issues concerning the state and assertions that the governor has been favouring his constituency with projects and appointments. Excerpts: By Charles Kumolu and Gbenga Oke You are representing a constituency that was represented by Sen Ibikunle Amosun and Sen Iyabo Obasanjo in the past, what was the situation you met on ground? No senator has equalled what I am doing there. Before October last year, I had executed about 133 projects. I have a minimum of five classrooms built in every local government. I also constructed community centres. In addition, I gave out about 100 transformers to my constituency. There was also empowerment programmes for my constituents. I am a dedicated democrat, who has the interest of the people at heart. I will continue to serve them because I have the passion for doing that. Your governor has been accused of favouring your senatorial district in the distribution of projects. Do you agree to that? That is not true. All the governor does is to construct bridges. In Abeokuta, the man did nothing. Same applies to Ifo, Obafemi Owode, Ewokoro and my local government. Roads were not constructed there just as the people were sidelined in the appointment of commissioners and board membership of parastatals. Selective construction *Obadara The appointees are from Abeokuta North Local Government, which is the governor’s local government. His family took 43 slots out of 57 appointments. The man has no project anywhere. The only thing I can say about him is the selective construction of roads and bridges. He neglected the education sector. Even the mega schools that he started have not been completed. The health sector in the state is also left behind. Even now, the money being deducted from the salaries of the civil servants are not being remitted to banks. The governor claims to be generating about N6 billion monthly in addition to the federal allocation. What we have on ground cannot justify the amount of money accruable to the state. Is your party into any form of agreement with some aggrieved members of the PDP? Everybody that wants good governance in Ogun State is supportive of us. They are in alliance with our clamour for good governance. The level of disaffection in the state was manifested in the defection of the three senators representing the state in the Senate. Such development has far-reaching consequences. Also, imagine the consequences of a governor losing seven House of Representatives members. As we are talking, some commissioners have resigned while about 18 House of Assembly members have defected. The situation in Ogun implies that the governor has lost the support of critical stakeholders. The governor is a man whose utterances are often laced with lies. He is not a team player and has a personality problem. I worked with the governor and was nearly assassinated at Ewekoro. We knew how we got into government but, unfortunately, the governor is taking us back. Not being a team player, led us to where we are today. We in SDP are deeply rooted politicians, who are ready to serve the people. If we were not popular, we would not have garnered the kind of support base we have in the state. SDP is the party to beat in Ogun. We are ready to go into collaboration with anybody who can stop injustice and bad governance in our state. But SDP remains independent. Are you not afraid that any collaboration could be counter productive? We did not collaborate with Amosun in
the past. He joined us in August 2010. I was already a governorship aspirant 18 months before he joined us. Even at that, he wrote a stinker on January 21, castigating our party leaders that we have no electoral value. He is not a factual person. The opposition against Amosun is increasing every day. Even some who claim to be with him are not with him because they know that his ship is already sinking. He contested in 2007 but did not win. In 2011, he used our structure because we thought he was a changed person. We own the structure that he used. About nine local governments in the state don’t have their indigenes as commissioners, but Abeokuta North has about nine commissioners. Remember that he once said that he assisted in getting a family for Gbenga Daniel in Shagamu. That singular act alone is an affront on the constitution of this country. I don’t know if that was true, but he said that in my local government. What he did amounted to
perjury because he lied under oath. That is why Ogun State people are punishing him today.→ vanguardngr.com
Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by NobleAky(m): 10:36am On Mar 05, 2015
Nothing good comes out of APC
Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by IdrisAdebiye: 11:23am On Mar 05, 2015
Is it that people supporting APC don't read these news of suppression, corruption, selfishness etc in the camp of APC? Each one reach one, lets keep telling our people that APC is not an option. they are agents of destruction and their god father (Tinubu) is the father of all lies and corruption
Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by Baawaa(m): 11:35am On Mar 05, 2015
I really pity Obadara and his SDP colleagues,because they have killed themselves politically.Amosun said his mission is to rebuild Ogun State and his doing that,which is obvious to everybody except the thieves in politics.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by Baawaa(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2015
The man has no project anywhere. The only thing I can say about him is the selective construction of roads and bridges. He neglected the education sector. Even the mega schools that he started have not been completed.
For opposition to say this,that means the governor has done a lot,because our politicians can lie.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by Esinasinla: 11:49am On Mar 05, 2015
IdrisAdebiye:
Is it that people supporting APC don't read these news of suppression, corruption, selfishness etc in the camp of APC? Each one reach one, lets keep telling our people that APC is not an option. they are agents of destruction and their god father (Tinubu) is the father of all lies and corruption
agreed apc is not a party of saints.in fact, to me, the only difference btw d 2 party is Buhari. Buhari is uncommon man (one in millions)
sai Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun People`re Punishing Amosun Today? by adaweezy(m): 11:58am On Mar 05, 2015
obadara is a clown...
Amosun has performed more than Orji and Elechi combined in 8 years

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Has TAN Run Out Of Steam? - Daily Trust / The Reason Gej Reseive Insult On Net.(a Must Read) / President Jonathan And The Future Of Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.