Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) (884 Views)

Please Help With This Issues On My Lexus 330 / Is It Right To Acelerate My Car While Warming It / Compare Nissan Exterra And Lexus 330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please i keep hearing a whining sound whenever i de-acelerate /slow down but the noise disappears as soon as i accelerate & maintain speed. I just replaced my back axle based on my mechanic's advice yet the noise still remains. Please any good advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
Lomomike ur people grin
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2015
obitryce:
Please i keep hearing a whining sound whenever i de-acelerate /slow down but the noise disappears as soon as i accelerate & maintain speed. I just replaced my back axle based on my mechanic's advice yet the noise still remains. Please any good advice will be highly appreciated.

How much did you buy the back axle?

1 Like

Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2015
Worn rear differential crown and pinion, or low oil level / wrong grade of oil.

Out of interest, are your rear tyres larger than the fronts, or are the fronts larger than the rears?
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
lomomike:

How much did you buy the back axle?

cheesy
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 9:04am On Mar 06, 2015
Bought the axle for thirty thousand naira.
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2015
obitryce:

Has it solved the problem?
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2015
Nope, i just explained that in my post
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
obitryce:
Nope, i just explained that in my post

You wasted money. Immediately I read thru your 1st post, I concluded you money purchasing another axle hence my asking you how much you wasted purchased it, and if the problem was solved. That said, answer these questions:

1. Is your lexus an AWD or FWD?
2. Can you pick point exactly where this sound comes from at the back?
3. Do you notice any of your tyre (either a single tyre or some tyres) wearing out faster than others or are they of equal wear rate?
4. Did you change any tyre prior to this issue

Personally, I feel a component is worn out or a part is out of lubrication and needs some fresh lube/oil bath,
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
obitryce:

You haven't responded to my query with regards to your wheel / tyre sizes......
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by obitryce(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2015
My tires are all in top shape n quite new even visited the lube station for alignment & wheel balancing three weeks back
Re: Whinining Sound At The Back Whenever I De-acelerate /slow Down (lexus 330) by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 07, 2015
obitryce:
My tires are all in top shape n quite new even visited the lube station for alignment & wheel balancing three weeks back

What size of tyres are you using?
Do your lexus have the air suspension?

(1) (Reply)

Motion Mechanism In Different Vehicles / Range Rover Evoque Falls Off Bridge Without The Driver Being Hurt. / 4wd Testing A Must Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.