Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Perms And Curls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Perms And Curls (1704 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2009
Perms and curls among top men of God. What are they turning God's house to?
Re: Perms And Curls by AKO1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2009
God looks not on the outward appearance, but on the heart.

God chose the young novice called David to be King, what was He turning the throne of Israel to? undecided
Re: Perms And Curls by huxley(m): 9:56pm On Jan 12, 2009
A_K_O:

God looks not on the outward appearance, but on the heart.

God chose the young novice called David to be King, what was He turning the throne of Israel to? undecided

If so, why was he busy giving Paul instructions about how women sho present in church? Or are women just free-for-all tools manipulable by just about anyone?
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 12:27am On Jan 13, 2009
Don't mind them huxley.
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 7:53am On Jan 13, 2009
I agree that God looks at the heart but there has to be a distinction. Curls should never be allowed in churches among top pastors. They are never good examples
Re: Perms And Curls by kolaoloye(m): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2009
xtolove:

I agree that God looks at the heart but there has to be a distinction. Curls should never be allowed in churches among top pastors. They are never good examples

Thou shall not judge
Re: Perms And Curls by Tonyet1(m): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2009
kola oloye:

Thou shall not judge

thou shalt not judge what?

bible says we should judge those of the same folds (1cor.5:12)
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 4:04pm On Jan 13, 2009

I agree with you Ojare Tonye-t. They have not read the Bible very well. If they have they will know. Thanks for the support
Re: Perms And Curls by kolaoloye(m): 4:36pm On Jan 13, 2009
xtolove:

I agree with you Ojare Tonye-t. They have not read the Bible very well. If they have they will know. Thanks for the support
PLS take your time and read that your 1 Cor 5 again. It is wrong to be quoting out of context.

1 Corinthians 5
1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles,
that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters;
for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous,
or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Re: Perms And Curls by huxley(m): 4:49pm On Jan 13, 2009
kola oloye:

please take your time and read that your 1 Cor 5 again. It is wrong to be quoting out of context.

1 Corinthians 5
1It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles,
that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters;
for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous,
or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

The master of blanket bible quoting is back. Can you function in a world without the bible? I doubt it.
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 4:56pm On Jan 13, 2009
@kola oloye
huxley has 'taken his time' to read 1Corinthians5.so what's the lesson there sir?

@huxley
DON'T BE SILLY.
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2009
Substantiate very well oooo. The Bible is not a novel
Re: Perms And Curls by huxley(m): 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2009
Image123:

@kola oloye
huxley has 'taken his time' to read 1Corinthians5.so what's the lesson there sir?

@huxley
DON'T BE SILLY.

This verse is just classic

Hope you learn from that.

Why then do we need all the courts of law in the nations of the world? Is is OK for a Christian to practise as a judge in courts of law?
Re: Perms And Curls by nwakaibe(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2009
Pls where can I curl my hair? tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2009
which hair do u want to curl? grin
Re: Perms And Curls by oloriooko(m): 10:57am On Jan 16, 2009
What is the origin of perms and curls?
Pls someone should open our eyes to know and lets stop arguing about what we do not know.
I beg!!!
Re: Perms And Curls by JJYOU: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2009
God help us from the judge not brigade
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2009
Amen and amen
Re: Perms And Curls by rotimy(m): 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
If African Pastors should jerry curled their hairs to look stylish and femine, they will also be permitted to put on false eye lashes and finger nails! They will also tie head- ties occasionally to complete the madness.
By the way, you will see those shameless lots only in Pentecostals! How many Anglican, Catholic or Methodist monisters do you see with such scandals?
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2009
@rotimy
remember God looks at the art.
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Image123
Did you mean heart? Which one is art. Abeg make u go school jo
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 11:42pm On Jan 16, 2009
@xtolove
God looks at the art,don't you know?se you go pay my school fees?
Re: Perms And Curls by jamace(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2009
The animal called man grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Perms And Curls by nwakaibe(m): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2009
xtolove:

which hair do u want to curl? grin

my mango shaped hair of course. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is there any crime in curling hair on a head that is shaped like opioro mango
Re: Perms And Curls by rotimy(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2009
Image123:

@rotimy
remember God looks at the art.
My dear, even though God looks at the heart but man look at the outward apperarance. Someone with full rasta hairdo might not be accepted as a true preacher, same with a lady on mini skirt and a pastor with jerry curls!
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 12:21pm On Jan 20, 2009
@rotimy
that's a lot of art you just described.
Re: Perms And Curls by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2009
xtolove on: January 12, 2009, 09:25 PM  
Perms and curls among top men of God. What are they turning God's house to?

If they must Perm and curl their hair I guess that it implies that they will have to wear showercaps or are they called nets at bedtime, No? undecided
Re: Perms And Curls by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2009
Net and showercap will make it more artful.I might be tempted to also look at the art.
Re: Perms And Curls by Ben13: 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2009
Perms and curls?

. . . But they're not seducive. It only make one look good, that's all.
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2009
curls dont make one look good. they stick
Re: Perms And Curls by xtolove(m): 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2009
There has to be a distinction from the true and the fake. There are so many fakes around
Re: Perms And Curls by deebrain(m): 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2009
i predict that there would soon be a riot in nairaland!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If There's Only One God, Why Are There So Many Religions? / Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? / Shin Rambo Ex Notorious Armed Robber Quoting The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.