Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,965 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Beware Of The "Scam" Called - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The "Scam" Called (1154 Views)

Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora / The Scam Called Brillant Lights / Fraud ALERT: Jumia.com !!! :o (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The "Scam" Called by Ogetogeo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
Good day Nairalanders, I want to bring up this issue I have been having with since their unfortunate black friday sales last year, precisely 28th November, 2014.

I for one don't like using the word to describe an organisation but after 70 days and this company called Jumia are yet to rectify their issues with me but rather keep saying we are working on it, I have little or no choice but to refer to them as such though in quote.

My travails with Jumia started with my purchase of two shopping vouchers early November 2014 in preparation for their black friday sales.
During the sales day, I used one of the voucher for myself. I now used the second voucher for a friend in Kano, Olisa Izuchukwu.

My issue with Jumia emanates from the order I placed for my friend, with order number 304579446, The order includes R7 - Black + Free Power Bank + Free Pouch worth
₦ 29,999 and Cooker CK-9423 NG + Free Usha Ceiling Fan 56 Inches - Brown (New Quanta)
worth ₦ 113,605.
The total cost being ₦143,604. I applied a voucher worth ₦10,000 which was purchase previously, so the new total becomes ₦133,604

About 8 days later the Tecno R7 was delivered with a bill of ₦27,910, that is a discount of ₦2,089 from the ₦10,000 voucher.

A wrong Cooker was delivered on the 28th December after so much wait and calls and came with a bill ₦105,694.01, that is a discount of ₦7,910.99 being the balance from the ₦10,000 voucher. Never knew until checked after the day's work and asked for retrieval and replacement.

Your company agreed to a retrieval and replacement after much calls and mails with picture evidence showing the wrong item delivered.

The retrieval was not done until 8th January, 2015 with a promise of replacement but unfortunately as I write this after more than 5 weeks, nothing positive has come out of this. Each time I call, am told to exercise patience. For a deal done since almost 3 months ago, this is appalling and so unfortunate for a company as big as Jumia.

I ask for the replacement with the right Cooker ordered. I wonder how difficult this is.

Attached here is a screenshot of the order.

Re: Beware Of The "Scam" Called by jonaboy: 10:56pm On Mar 05, 2015
Please tell them you are giving them 7 days to effect the replacement or you would forward the case to consumer protection council and if after 7 days nothing positive comes from them forward the case to CPC and demand for a full refund of your money with interest.
Re: Beware Of The "Scam" Called by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
jonaboy:
Please tell them you are giving them 7 days to effect the replacement or you would forward the case to consumer protection council and if after 7 days nothing positive comes from them forward the case to CPC and demand for a full refund of your money with interest.
GBAM

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The "Scam" Called by Ogetogeo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ogetogeo:
Good day Nairalanders, I want to bring up this issue I have been having with since their unfortunate black friday sales last year, precisely 28th November, 2014.

I for one don't like using the word to describe an organisation but after 70 days and this company called Jumia are yet to rectify their issues with me but rather keep saying we are working on it, I have little or no choice but to refer to them as such though in quote.

My travails with Jumia started with my purchase of two shopping vouchers early November 2014 in preparation for their black friday sales.
During the sales day, I used one of the voucher for myself. I now used the second voucher for a friend in Kano, Olisa Izuchukwu.

My issue with Jumia emanates from the order I placed for my friend, with order number 304579446, The order includes R7 - Black + Free Power Bank + Free Pouch worth
₦ 29,999 and Cooker CK-9423 NG + Free Usha Ceiling Fan 56 Inches - Brown (New Quanta)
worth ₦ 113,605.
The total cost being ₦143,604. I applied a voucher worth ₦10,000 which was purchase previously, so the new total becomes ₦133,604

About 8 days later the Tecno R7 was delivered with a bill of ₦27,910, that is a discount of ₦2,089 from the ₦10,000 voucher.

A wrong Cooker was delivered on the 28th December after so much wait and calls and came with a bill ₦105,694.01, that is a discount of ₦7,910.99 being the balance from the ₦10,000 voucher. Never knew until checked after the day's work and asked for retrieval and replacement.

Your company agreed to a retrieval and replacement after much calls and mails with picture evidence showing the wrong item delivered.

The retrieval was not done until 8th January, 2015 with a promise of replacement but unfortunately as I write this after more than 5 weeks, nothing positive has come out of this. Each time I call, am told to exercise patience. For a deal done since almost 3 months ago, this is appalling and so unfortunate for a company as big as Jumia.

I ask for the replacement with the right Cooker ordered. I wonder how difficult this is.

Attached here is a screenshot of the order.
Re: Beware Of The "Scam" Called by Ogetogeo(m): 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
Please can one get this to the front page.

cc mukina2, obinoscopy, seun

(1) (Reply)

Man Put Life Crocodile Die On Sale In Maryland Lagos.picture / Food Business Is Good Business - Sell Your Product On 21food.com FREE! / Opportunity To Make Money From Moringa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.