Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,856 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence (711 Views)

Dolapo Osinbajo Wears N1,800 Outfit For Runway Jazz (Photos) / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 06, 2015
A Delta plane from Atlanta skidded off a runway at LaGuardia Airport while landing during a snowstorm Thursday and crashed through a chain-link fence, its nose coming to rest perilously close to the icy waters of a bay.

The nose was leaning on a berm that separates the runway from Flushing Bay. Passengers saddled with bags and bundled up in heavy coats and scarves were helped down from the wing and onto the snowy pavement, just feet from the water. Everyone was silent as the plane slid, but some children started crying after it came to a stop, passengers said.

"If we wouldn't have hit the snowbank, we'd be in the water right now," said Charles Runels, a passenger from Atlanta.

"We thought that we were in the water, everybody thought it was in the water and then they opened the back door and all the snow and things fell out and then the firemen came around helping everybody," another passenger told CBS New York.

Flight 1086, carrying 127 passengers and five crew members, veered off the runway at around 11:10 a.m., authorities said. Six people had non-life-threatening injuries, and at least two were taken to the hospital, according to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the airport.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/plane-skids-off-runway-at-new-yorks-laguardia-airport/

Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by agoadiv(m): 1:19am On Mar 06, 2015
Was it the one carrying GMB? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:25am On Mar 06, 2015
Nobody died? Thank God!!
Anytime I read about planes landing akwardly,or crashing these days, that's always my first thought, to be honest.
Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 06, 2015
agoadiv:
Was it the one carrying GMB? shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin

GMB go London naa and he is coming back with BA, he will surely have a safe trip back to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by clevvermind(m): 1:30am On Mar 06, 2015
I know many people will be thinking of buhari right now o. grin

1 Like

Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by dabigwalls: 2:08am On Mar 06, 2015
One of my worst flights was to this airport, same route with Delta. The river/body of water by that runway I'm told affects a lot landing into that airport. May God deliver us all. Thank God that no lives were lost too.

1 Like

Re: Plane Skids Off Runway At Laguardia, Crashes Through Fence by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
dabigwalls:
One of my worst flights was to this airport, same route with Delta. The river/body of water by that runway I'm told affects a lot landing into that airport. May God deliver us all. Thank God that no lives were lost too.

The run way was very slipery as a result of lots of snow flakes and Ice on the run thus the plane became uncontrolable and skid away Immediately It had Its first Impact on the runway while landing.
Yestedays snow fall which affected almost all the states In US was so Intense and some states had 20-25inches of snow flakes which also lead to the counselation of over 6000 flight schedules in the US.
Glad the plane didn't glide into the ocean, that would have been another disaster exactly 1 yr ago when the Malaysian flight 370 got missing till date.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Now In Africa Check Out / 25,000 Pastors Hold Prayers For Buhari / Ivory Coast 1st Lady Sentenced To 20yrs Imprisonment For Post Election Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.