Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? (35965 Views)

Exclusion Of The South East From The Railway Masterplan / Buhari Commissions Abuja-Kaduna Railway (Photos) / Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
Many of us may have seen the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by chriskosherbal(m): 1:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
Well let's see if it will turn out to be good.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Super1Star: 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
If that is what it will take to stop people from crossing the rail track, thereby endangering the lives of the train passengers and themselves, then it is a welcome idea.

Can you guarantee that people will not be crossing the rail track indiscriminately?

179 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Ajibel(m): 1:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
How is planting flowers an irrelevant project? Do you know it aids in reducing global warming, it is a source of employment, it discourages people from turning a spot to market place, reduce flooding and so on. I wonder how some of you think.

If you really live in Lagos, you'll realise some throw dirtson rail tracks, some sell their wares too and people also cross rail tracks. With iron barriers, it prevents people from endangering their lives and keep the whole place neat.

236 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by menix(m): 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
if u know lagos, u will know Lagosian re migrants from Russia, they re so much in a haste that the rail tracks will be turned to short cut to their destination.

At the same time Lagos state govt is only trying to feed the Iron condemn sellers cous those iron fence will all disappear soon...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by DesChyko: 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ajibel:
How is planting flowers an irrelevant project? Do you know it aids in reducing global warming, it is a source of employment, it discourages people from turning a spot to market place, reduce flooding and so on. I wonder how some of you think.

You don't need to wonder. We're not robots, not programmed to feel the same way. Myself, I'm not taken by a 'flower project' worth #2 billion. I never assumed your reasons, but even now that I'm aware, I still believe it's an expensive project.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by amiskurie(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have see the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.
Why don't u forward yourself to one many skills acquisition centers in Lagos.

Enemy of progress

36 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Ajibel(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
DesChyko:

You don't need to wonder. We're not robots, not programmed to feel the same way. Myself, I'm not taken by a 'flower project' worth #2 billion. I never assumed your reasons, but even now that I'm aware, I still believe it's an expensive project.

Please I'd like if you can provide a link to where it was stated that the Flower projects cost up to #2 billion naira. Thanks.

30 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by porshuch: 4:16pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Many of us may have see the iron fences that lagos state government is mounting between railway tracks.If i may ask,is that not another way of siphoning public fund?The ex governor fashola had used #2b to plant flowers.What did lagosians benefits from it.Nothing.Nigeria needs human development not irrelevant project where funds will be diverted into private pockets.
it seems you're new in Lagos, lagosians can cross that railway track when a train is in front of them, lagosians love short cuts. They don't even use foot bridge. The government is trying to save their lives by putting that wire fence.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by DesChyko: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2016
Ajibel:

Please I'd like if you can provide a link to where it was stated that the Flower projects cost up to #2 billion naira. Thanks.

Oh, I'm simply flowing with the vibe of the person whom you quoted because I find the originally reported sum to be unbelievable. You can see for yourself: No. 6 of the second part.

saharareporters.com/2010/01/27/fashola-mega-corruption-true-face-lagos-part-1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Zelex9(m): 4:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
Railway fencing aids better safety which is a important component for social development (in terms of potential lives saved etc). It is something that should have been implemented a long time ago but it is necessary as we gear towards the launching of the Lagos metro services.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Pictures or you know the drill
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by seunny4lif(m): 4:35pm On Feb 17, 2016
grin
Abeg make una leave the OP cos na him 1st time for Lagos be dat grin
Go Agege or Ikeja and see people crossing railtrack like street road including meself grin
I dey jump pass am cos it's short cut to my working place grin

20 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2016
porshuch:
it seems you're new in Lagos, lagosians can cross that railway track when a train is in front of them, lagosians love short cuts. They don't even use foot bridge. The government is trying to save their lives by putting that wire fence.
Lagos State Government have never cared for anyone,except themselves.That project is another way to steal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2016
Keneking:
Pictures or you know the drill
I have uploaded the pix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2016
Super1Star:
If that is what it will take to stop people from crossing the rail track, thereby endangering the lives of the train passengers and themselves, then it is a welcome idea.

Can you guarantee that people will not be crossing the rail track indiscriminately?
Within a few months those people who are lauding the project will go and vandalize it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
amiskurie:

Why don't u forward yourself to one many skills acquisition centers in Lagos.

Enemy of progress
So you consider all these irrelevant projects as worthy?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
Zelex9:
Railway fencing aids better safety which is a important component for social development (in terms of potential lives saved etc). It is something that should have been implemented a long time ago but it is necessary as we gear towards the launching of the Lagos metro services.
Do you also remember that that same projects was executed by former military governor of lagos state,buba marwa?The same fencing was again carried out by former governor of lagos state,brf.They were all vandalized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Horlhaphemi: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2016
loopman:

You life is finished. Just once sentence and look at your blunders.
[b][quote author=loopman post=43007663]
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Rolings: 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
DesChyko:

It's an expensive project that the government must undertake . Every world class cities plant flowers and create parks where people can relax from the hustle and bustle of city life. After planting flowers you need to maintan them constantly and those costs add up. Besides beautification goes beyond planting flowers alone it includes painting and civil works which cost money . The 2b cost may be high but the project is of great value.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by 100Cents: 6:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
Trust Nigerian PoliThiefcians..
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by tiger28: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Super1Star:

God bless you!!!!OP should have easily made use of his brain instead of reading politics into everything

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by porshuch: 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Lagos State Government have never cared for anyone,except themselves.That project is another way to steal.
my friend go and sit down joor! How many ppl have you helped in this your life? Even if its for siphoning of funds, still it will serve a purpose for saving lives.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by olatade(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
I guess because some humans reason like animals,so they might stray onto the tracks when a train is coming

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by obailala(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
Love Machine:
Train tracks (within cities) are meant to be fenced to prevent thoroughfare, it's for safety reasons.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2016
porshuch:
my friend go and sit down joor! How many ppl have you helped in this your life? Even if its for siphoning of funds, still it will serve a purpose for saving lives.
I will predict one or two years later,those fences will be vandalize.
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
obailala:
Train tracks (within cities) are meant to be fenced to prevent thoroughfare, it's for safety reasons.
Does other developed and developing countries erect fences on their railway tracks?
Re: Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2016
porshuch:
I dey find person wey go help me with #5m self.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldier Defusing Landmines On A Road In Borno (photo) / We Don't Practice Politics Of Witch-hunt In Anambra, Checkout This Picture / INEC Postponed The Announcement Of Results Until 10am Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.