Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints (1259 Views)

Top 10 Largest Police Forces In The World. / 10 Most Corrupt Police Forces In The World / All Nigerian States Should Privatise Their Police Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints by nwosas(m): 5:03am On Jan 13, 2009
For fear of being shot dead, a 15-year-old girl simply identified as Chioma was allegedly forced by a police Constable Bako Binta to abort a seven month old baby.
Chioma who claimed to have been lured into illicit affairs by Bako who is attached to Ejigbo police station revealed that on discovering that she was pregnant, Bako allegedly forced her to abort the child as he didn't want anything to stall his forthcoming marriage ceremony.
The bubble burst when the family discovered that their little girl was heavy with a baby quickly reported the matter to the police which led to the arrest of Bako and his accomplice.
The suspects are being detained at Zone 2, Onikan, Lagos for further investigation.
Speaking on behalf of the family at a press conference on Thursday, Mr. Ben Nwadu recalled that on October 31, 2008, Chioma complained of acute pains in her stomach. Worried by his sister's pains, he took her to the hospital.
"At Isolo General Hospital, medical examination revealed that Chioma was seven months pregnant. It was discovered that the fetus was already dead.
Medical findings reveal Chioma had severe damage to her womb. The internal bleeding she had was attributed to complication that arose from the process of aborting the fetus in a most unprofessional manner."
Chioma was referred to Island Maternity Hospital. However on their way Chioma started bleeding and experiencing pains like a woman in labour. Then she delivered a dead baby before they got to the hospital. The police were invited to take photograph of the dead baby. She was later taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
"It was at that point that Chioma confessed to us how she was taken to a quack doctor that gave her drugs. The 'doctor' instructed that she should be taken to a secluded place for four days as she would definitely discharge the unborn child on the fourth day. Instead of taking her home they gave her money and dropped her on top of Oshodi Bridge,'' he alleged.
Narrating the incident to Daily Sun, Chioma recalled that she was on her way to school when Bako confronted her with the fact that he wanted to have sex with her. She told him that her parents would be annoyed if they learnt of it.
"When I said I wasn't interested he showed me his gun and threatened to kill me. When I discovered that I was pregnant I informed him and he also threatened to kill me if I spoke a word about it. He now took me to a house where I was given some drugs."
Barrister Paully Onyeka, counsel to the family commended the AIG zone 2, Mohammed Abubakar for his timely intervention.
"We wish to commend the efforts of the AIG of zone 2 police command and the Inspector General of Police for their efforts so far in ensuring that the culprits were apprehended when the DPO of Okota refused to act. We believe with their intervention, Nwadu family will get justice.
"We also wish to advise young girls who are being abused sexually by officers of the police force not to be afraid or intimidated by the mere fact that they are armed uniform men. They should endeavour to confide in their parents or guardians in order to nip the immoral and wholesome influence, of these randy officers in the bud," the counsel said.
Re: Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints by TOYOSI20(f): 5:09am On Jan 13, 2009
At Gun Point??,. . . .this really is distrubing!!!!!!!!!! cry cry
Re: Police Forces Teenager To Abort 7 Months Old Pregnancy : At Gunpoints by palmwine(m): 8:33am On Jan 13, 2009
NPF is peopled by miscreant, not in term os their level of education, but by the attitude in the establishment. The best of minds will be blurred by this establish.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Swats Fly / Tompolo To Guard Oil Pipelines / Is Democracy Not Too Expensive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.