Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? (2710 Views)

As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Family Loses 3 Children To Inferno In Lagos[Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by onuwaje(m): 9:12am On Mar 06, 2015
I just had this heated indecisive argument on the topic with a friend.. now here's what he said

That a man with 3 children with 300k a month as the only source of income can live comfortably, buy a land between 1.5m and 1.8m and build a 3bed room flat within 10year.
His definition of living comfortable also includes saving, paying children's sch fees, and taking care of the family in general
I don't agree with him..
Those experienced in this area come share your opinions
Thanks
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by daimsy(f): 9:15am On Mar 06, 2015
Of course! but it all depend on the type of family he has.what I mean is the ability to live within the means of that income.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by skillip(m): 9:25am On Mar 06, 2015
@Op, why will a man who earns 300k over 10years have only one source of income, such a man lacks financial intelligence. Show me a rich man over time with one source of income only, not even Dangote.
If he's financially prudent 300k is indeed more than enough, I have seen people who earn 50k and have built their houses, even though it may not be in the main town, but the good thing about development is that over the years such areas will open up.
Mind you 300k a month is N3.6m per annum, over to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by verygudbadguy(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2015
Yes, he can but it depends on the kinda wife he has.

1st, my definition of "living a good life" is ability to cater for the needs of the family without stress, rent a good apartment, afford good school for the children and yearly vacation outside the country.

300k might seem much to most people but not actually much if you are to satisfy all the forementioned needs....

My advice for such family are:
1. Get a loan of about 3million payable in 36 months.
2. Work on getting extra pay outside salary by investing in any lucrative business.
3. Start plan on building their personal house.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by dhabeautyjas(f): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2015
yes he can if
1. he has a good wife
2. he has a great management sense.
3. he doesn't allow extended family issues (esp the unnecessary and outrageous financial commitments) affect his plan to forge ahead.
4. his investment sense must be good.

300k is more than enough to live a decent life over a period of 10 years

5 Likes

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by shitshappen(m): 10:39am On Mar 06, 2015
In this pursuit of happiness, I have seen poor people who are contented with the little they have. I know of rich men who are not happy even in their abundance.

My point: Your family happiness should not depend on material stuffs especially if you married right.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2015
dhabeautyjas:
yes he can if
1. he has a good wife
2. he has a great management sense.
3. he doesn't allow extended family issues (esp the unnecessary and outrageous financial commitments) affect his plan to forge ahead.
4. his investment sense must be good.

300k is more than enough to live a decent life over a period of 10 years

i strongly agree
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
Even when people with lesser income can live at least comfortably.

Its all about the mindset.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by LegatusGlaber(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
The city they live in will determine. But all things been equal, the can live comfortably in 90% of cities in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by sexymoma(f): 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
God have mercy angry You mean 300k

yes he can live comfortably without stress if he spends his money wisely...
Forget about the city you live in, Forget about economic whatever.. You can live large and comfortably with an income of 300k...
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by onuwaje(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
sexymoma:

Forget about the city you live in, Forget about economic whatever.. You can live large and comfortably with an income of 300k...
What about buying a land and building a. 3bedroomm flat.. within 10yrs?
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by onuwaje(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
Thanks for ur reply @all
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by sexymoma(f): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2015
onuwaje:

What about buying a land and building a. 3bedroomm flat.. within 10yrs?
Within 10yrs angry... Too far, Im telling you.. Wisdom is profitable to direct... If you apply wisdom, i bet you withing 5 to 7yrs you already own your house.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by killercute16(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2015
sexymoma:
Within 10yrs angry... Too far, Im telling you.. Wisdom is profitable to direct... If you apply wisdom, i bet you withing 5 to 7yrs you already own your house.
5 to 7yrs u say undecided...
The dude's wife doesn't have a job.
He has some school fees to settle(this ish takes a lot of money bit by bit).
He has to provide food for the family Alone.
Clothing the family.
Your retired parent allowances etc..And u said he can build a complete 3 bedroom flat in a space of 5-7yrs without any other bussiness just his 300k salary...ah ah na youself re-think the thing na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
He very well can, all he needs is to be financially intelligent, live within his means.... He may even achieve more than you stated...
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by sexymoma(f): 5:44pm On Mar 06, 2015
killercute16:
The dude's wife doesn't have a job......
Clothing the family.
Your retired parent allowances etc..And u said he can build a complete 3 bedroom flat in a space of 5-7yrs without any other bussiness just his 300k salary...ah ah na youself re-think the thing na.
I don't get your point here..
The dude's wife doesn't have a job...... Let him set a petty biz for his wife.. atleast wife would help a lil.
He has some school fees to settle(this ish takes a lot of money bit by bit).... School fees is not every month ooo let say once in three month or so and wait must he enroll his kids in an expensive school
He has to provide food for the family [b]Alone
... Like i said wisdom is profitable to direct
Clothing the family.
Your retired parent allowances etc... How much does he wanna be giving them.. tell me how much angry[/b]
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by Evina(f): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
sexymoma:

Live large and comfortably? cheesy
That is from the perspective of a single person with no responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by carluva(m): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
I normally dont comment on topics but my dear sexymoma God bless you, na me and op been dey argue d argue this morning. How I go dey earn 300k monthly and not have at least a 3bedroom flat to show for it after 10 good years haba!!! when village people no hold my remote. I even told him i'ld achieve the house in a space of 6-8 years if I were d one, but we jst put the ten years there not to sound ridiculous. I swear if i'm the one i'ld have my 3bedroom ready at the end of that period and also have like 3 uncompleted self contains at my backyard, lets say window level.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by onuwaje(m): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
killercute16:
The dude's wife doesn't have a job.
Clothing the family.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by killercute16(m): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Evina:

Live large and comfortably? cheesy
That is from the perspective of a single person with no responsibilities.
Exactly....
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
sexymoma:

God bless on this. Just the mindset and planning. The wife still has a lot to play on this too. It's very possible. ........................................buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. 24/7 services available. Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by onuwaje(m): 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
With the current economic condition?
Where u use big money to buy little things?

Where the standard of living is high?

Let's not forget that training 3kids is not getting cheaper everyday..

Neither is living 'comfortably'

I still doubt the possibilities until someone who earns 300k/month as his primary income comes to prove me wrong
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by iykedare(m): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
300k?

300k for a wife, three kids and for a building project. If his salary is his only source of income in that family then it won't be enough. Don't forget that he needs to...
Pay his tithe
Pay rent
Pay school fees of three kids.
Feed and take care of family of five.
Fuel and service the car.
Send money to mum and dad.
And many unforseen expenditures.

All these on top 300k? Very impossible.

There won't be enough money to save for any building project. Do you know how much it takes to put up a building? I've actually forgotten that the land won't be free.

1 Like

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by spicyhoney(f): 3:35am On Mar 07, 2015
skillip:
@Op, why will a man who earns 300k over 10years have only one source of income, such a man lacks financial intelligence. Show me a rich man over time with one source of income only, not even Dangote.
If he's financially prudent 300k is indeed more than enough, I have seen people who earn 50k and have built their houses, even though it may not be in the main town, but the good thing about development is that over the years such areas will open up.
Mind you 300k a month is N3.6m per annum, over to you.

Exactly
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by amokeme(f): 3:53am On Mar 07, 2015
nobody is talking abt the sch fees part. an average secondary sch pay 250k (that's like almost all the money sef) not to talk of other sch stuff the kids wil be needing. imagine if they are now in the university?? hmmm I don't think so o. 3kids for that matter. it can be possible if the wife is also working and earning above or at least not less than the 300k
Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by veave(f): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2015
If his wife agrees, yes. Else? Even with 10million naira as your hourly income, you might live in a rented apartment untill you retire.

It all boils than to the kind of woman you marry. Brazillian hair:80k, body cream and powder:20k, dubai lace:50k, 1 swiss native gown:40k, eatery and owambe chop chop: 30k, pedicure and manicure:7k etc. These are just for madam alone oh... now subtract the sum total from your salary and use half of the rest for general feeding. Lets see how much is remaining

1 Like

Re: Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? by veave(f): 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
amokeme:
nobody is talking abt the sch fees part. an average secondary sch pay 250k (that's like almost all the money sef) not to talk of other sch stuff the kids wil be needing. imagine if they are now in the university?? hmmm I don't think so o. 3kids for that matter. it can be possible if the wife is also working and earning above or at least not less than the 300k

My dear, nursery and primary stages they can attend unique schools, as for secondary, they can attend a govt school + private lesson teacher.
Its achievable.

My mum used to buy first grade bk cloths for us then, we even looked better than some 'richer' people then. Sebi na if i tell u say i wear okrika before you go know?

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help??? How Do I Babysit My Twin Babies? / I Warned Her To Stop Cheating On Her Husband: Hear Her Reply. / Have You Met Human(man or woman) That Can Regurgitate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.