Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:03 AM

Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. (785 Views)

How NTA And AIT Maltreated Buhari During The 2015 Presidential Campaigns— Shehu / Shekau’s Allegiance To ISIS Changes Nothing – Nigerian Army / AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by publisher(m): 12:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
Unless we choose to decieve ourselves (like we always do in Nigeria), most APC supporters in Lagos have always been aware of ALL the revelations made by AIT's documentary on Tinubu. In spite of this, Tinubu remains APC's leader and together they point accusing fingers at GEJ accusing him of corruption.

For many months, APC led the jury that condemned Jonathan's govt for allegedly stealing $20b, an audit was carried out and GEJ's govt has been vindicated. No more word from APC on that, and still no apologies.

Tinubu's core supporters just like Buhari's will not be moved by AIT damning revelations. Yes, many liberals amongst them will re-think their loyality to Asiwaju (and APC) but a lot more will stay put.

This is the sad reality of our democracy, I dare say it is an African problem, look at Mugabe's reign in Zimbabwe for example.

Many Lagosians argue that regardless of allegations over Tinubu/APC's corrupt nature, Lagos has witnessed 'progress'.

What progress?

- In 1999, the military handed over a Lagos to Tinubu where pipe borne water was supplied to many residential areas. The Lagos State Water Coporation even provided PUBLIC TAPS for poor residents that could not afford its services. Today, most Lagos residents even in affluent neighbourhoods get their water from private bore-holes, church/mosque compounds or local mallams, 'mairuwa'.

- Roads: MOST state-owned Lagos roads cannot survive one rainy season in one piece.

- Eko-Atlantic: The money spent on sand-filling Eko Atlantic alone is enough to completely modernize Lagos towns like Badagry or Ikorodu but Tinubu feels otherwise.

- How about the Lagos monorail scheduled for phase 1 completion in 2013 but has now become a white Elephant project just like it's counter-part in APC's Rivers state.

The truth is that Lagos state has suffered immensely from Tinubu's high-handedness, but if the people of Lagos don't see it that way, let's all encourage Tinubu to carry on.

Afterall, it's his Lagos. "Eko oni baje o"

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by mekaboy(m): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
In that case jonathan can be king of Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by AustineE1: 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
A section of Lagosians are suffering from mental slavery!...in all the megalomaniacs i have read about,am yet to come across an individual so self-centered,criminally minded,greedy,egotistical,suppressive and overly acquistive like this serial looter and forger Bola Ahmed Tinubu,the Jagaban of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by drnoel: 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
mekaboy:
In that case jonathan can be king of Nigeria.

Who dash monkey banana? How can u compare Tinubu's chairmanship with that of Mr no shoes? Nigerians are not stupid enof to allow just one man to Lord it over them but I fear lagosians are that silly. Good bless Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2015
Fool! Ya just sit in ya house, if ya ve any and say dat d documentary won't change anytin, I bet ya joking.
Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by donsola(m): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
I comment my reserve
Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by ibedun: 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
All these Igbo b*stards are pissing me off.

Look at the assault on Ashiwaju Tinubu? For what?
Re: Tinubu Is King Over Lagos And AIT's Documentary Changes Nothing. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
JUST SIDDON LOOK BY APRIL 11 UNA EYES GO CLEAR!! THE JAGBAJANTIC THIEF WILL BE DISGRACED

(1) (Reply)

Morocco Recalls Its Ambassador To Nigeria- BBC / What Was President Jonathan Thinking? By Sabella Ogbobode Abidde / Atiku And His Defection Instinct Check Out This Banner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.