Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,819 members, 7,831,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military (787 Views)

Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / Nigerian Military Kills Over 300 Terrorists, Captures Many Others (pics) / Nigerian Military Retakes Monguno, Other Communities From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Vikkie14: 12:36am On Mar 07, 2015
NIGERIAN military has accumulated years of successful war campaigns both within and outside the shores of our country.They prevailed in the Nigerian three years civil war against Biafra from 1966 to 1970, and kept Nigeria one.
They have carried out successful campaigns in peace keeping in Africa and West Africa, including the containment of internal skirmishes in Niger-Delta, Abia and Benue States ensuring that peace returned to these places, until terrorism entered Nigeria and by 2009 and a major issue called Boko Haram.
Our military was not exempted from the embarrassment of combating a group that operated with the combined tactics of guerilla warfare and that of terrorists operating within civilian human shields. Their woes became multiplied with the existence of moles, saboteurs within their fold, while our so called foreign allies did not help matters. They heaped all sorts of bad smear on our military, to such an extent that many Nigerians almost bought their lie that we had a disjointed, poorly equipped, uncoordinated, military with low morale.
A few in the army bought the garbage, and their confidence nose dived. Nigeria’s political class and leaders, who were plotting to cash in on the failures and challenges of the military added salt to the injury. Rather than support the government, they went about and shouted loudest, in a strange jubilation, carrying the woes of our situation to same America, who then took their time to deal the hardest blows to the war efforts.
America in response, treated our government with their utmost disrespect. Senator McCain who lost to Obama during their last presidential election made very derogatory comments about the President and Commander -in – Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces, referring to our President as ” some guy called Jonathan”.
Why did our own sons go to a looser , who his people rejected as president, to get a comment? Why did our leaders choose to laugh at the ondoing of their own home government? The answers are not far fetched. Greed and inordinate desire to get power at the centre, blinded them to forget an African proverb that says ‘it is an unwise man who laughs,when a joke is made about his mother’s buttocks’.
Any insult to our President and Commander -in -Chief is an insult to all Nigerians, and it becomes more painfully vexatious when it comes from our so called allies.
America refused to sell the weapons and military hardware we needed, blocked Europe, South Africa, and Israel from selling arms to Nigeria, and turns back to suggest how we should run our elections time table! I do not blame America, I blame the Nigerians who run overseas to mess up their nation in the name of politics.
In any case, in spite of American and European double standards in the support of Nigeria against insurgency, Nigeria has managed to acquire the necessary arms, international cooperation with our neighbours, Chad, Niger and Cameroons, with French support, to change the tide of victory in favour of Nigeria, in the war.
Our gallant military, in well-coordinated efforts regained over 70 percent of Nigerian territories from the insurgents, who still control parts of Borno State, along the mountainous Cameroonian border, areas of Sambisa Forest and parts of southern Yobe state.
In effect, it is a matter of days and the insurgents will be completely flushed out of our land without a “Caliphate”
Boko Haram is likely to resort to terrorism, with suicide bombings, etc, in the months to come. Our Military has continued to protect and preserve the unity of this country and making it stable for prosperity, and defending the country’s territorial integrity from insurgency and external aggression, providing aid to civil authority.
Last week, thousands of people marched in Cameroon’s capital Yaounde protest against Boko Haram insurgency and support their nation’s army, which is fighting alongside its neighbours in the region to defeat Boko Haram. Organizers said the march was aimed at informing the public, especially in the southern part of Cameroon, about the threat posed by Boko Haram, which has carried out regular cross-border raids in the far north, to tell Cameroonians that they are at war and a part of the country is suffering, and also to discourage Cameroonian youths from joining Boko Haram. I hope Nigeria will learn, leave divisive politics in time of war, and plan protests to encourage peace and youth awareness against Boko Haram, than to protest against the government and our military.
We remain grateful and indebted to our tried, tested and trusted military. We stand by them in prayers any day any time.

Mr. Clement Udegbe, a legal practitioner, wrote from Lagos.
God Bless Nigerian Military
Never Again!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Vikkie14: 12:37am On Mar 07, 2015
God bless NA. Never Again Army. Indeed, it'd become worrisome with the surge in media propaganda to smear the image of the country esp the Military. We really need to sit and decide our own democracy(naija type) and stop these "hanky-panky" politics. Personally, it's not proper to insult your country just because you want to get to the number 1 post. To me(in Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade's voice) NO ONE WILL INSULT MY MOTHER(land) and i will keep mute. I wonder where patriotism had gone to in the life of Nigerian. An adage says " Na how una advertise una goods, na so people go call am". When we go abroad and make a rubbish of Nigeria, they will dent Nigeria more than we bargained for.
We politicized virtually everything in this country. I was nonplussed when i read an article where a politician was saying "GEJ's Army", i paused a bit and ask myself when the Military has become an incumbent assest. Until we fulfill our pledge to "DEFEND HER(Nigeria) UNITY AND UPHOLD HER HONOUR AND GLORY", we should just forget about One Nigeria.
To our Army, Nigerian are solidly behind you. We got your back covered. Go will strengthen and grant you the wisdom(like that of Biblical AHITOPHEL--- King David's military strategist and adviser) to prosecute this war. GodBlessNigerianMilitary.
GOD BLESS OUR MEN/WOMEN IN KHAKIS.
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Vikkie14: 12:39am On Mar 07, 2015
Our Military MUST be supported and prayed for. We don't have any country we can call ours apart from NIGERIA. GODBLESSNA/NAF/NN
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 07, 2015
God bless our boys
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by meforyou1(m): 12:48am On Mar 07, 2015
My greatest respect and honour to our gallant Military. God bless each and every one of them.
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by meforyou1(m): 12:49am On Mar 07, 2015
IbnSultaan:
God bless our boys
for once, I agree with you.
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by HrtBrkSteve(m): 12:51am On Mar 07, 2015
I've never doubted our Army for once. More Power, More Victory!!
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 07, 2015
God bless our heroes.
APC and El'Rufai ran to the US and washed out dirty linen. They should as well go back now and inform them that our gallant patriots are getting the job done without their aid.
Like we defeated Ebola without them,we shall defeat BH without them.
#God bless the Nigeria Armed Forces
#God bless our gallant troops
#God bless our President
#God bless my beloved Nigeria
#Never Again. NA.
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by niqqa(m): 1:21am On Mar 07, 2015
, R. I. To the greats who helped in this fight but died along the way
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by Vikkie14: 4:44am On Mar 07, 2015
God bless our men in Khakis.
Lalasticlala
ishilove
Re: Power And Prowess Of The Nigerian Military by fitzmayowa: 5:05am On Mar 07, 2015
Rather than support our gallant soldiers, some nigerians are making it their duty to discredit the nigerian armed forces, just to score cheap political point

#Godblessnigerianarmedforces
#Godblessnigeria

(1) (Reply)

Jega Underhand Dealings With Apc And The Northern Agenda Driven By Apc / Nigeria Could Be The First Petro State To Fall- Bloomberg Business (video) / Where Is TAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.