Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,502 members, 7,826,889 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella (26030 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by mmsen: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
ephemm:
Glad to hear that they want to sustain this culture.

Our culture defines us, brings out the uniqueness in us.

Nice research @OP

How does a refusal to use umbrellas help them?

Is if 'cultural' to use a car? a phone? a pen?
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by simdam500(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
I af hear..... story looks too long for a blessed Sunday like this kiss
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Austin234(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
This is an out-dated tradition dat shud be done away with in dis modern time. I can't imagine myself drenched while holding an umbrella. Dats weird
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by bobbyruffy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
PDP don lose election for that community, naturally.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Decryptor(m): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
Only in South-Waste! Backward rats!!
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by bakila: 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
When shall we hear about a community broom is a taboo. GMB and Osinbajo umbrella taboo or not.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by mizkeleke(f): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Wonders will really never end. *opens mouth *
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by masqot(m): 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
This thread is cool, accommodation and mature. Love it. Though this sound weird, let's respect our tradition, understand and learn from it.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Etetejake(m): 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
He described the use of umbrella within the community
as an affront to the deity as he told the story of how the
community’s legendary early settler divided the Ogun
River with his staff, similar to the Bible’s account of how
Moses parted the Red Sea to rescue thousands of Jews
from slavery and oppression in Egypt, famously known
today as The Exodus.

so na for Nigeria exodus happened oyibo come de claim our story. God punish them.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by mrkings84(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2015
op help me tell them to wake up cos day don break; even deeper life don day watch tv.
Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by Fkhalifa(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
shevi4mb:
Iwoye Ketu, wow, i can remember when i was an FPY student there....my stay there was memorable, in d year 2013, durin d time of HomeZone generals.
The people of this community are very kind, their yoruba is kinda twisted, maybe due to the influence of the border town, they get their water mainly frm rainwater, wic they channel into a reservoir, and the male there are rough riders wen it cums to ridin bike. That the first place i'd ever see a cow being transported on a bike. lol

This is the summary of what i also experienced
the thread brought about fpy memory
fpy2014(iwoye ketu).

1 Like

Re: Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella by martha89: 6:16am On Feb 28, 2016
Lol and this one too!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arrival Of New Olubadan - Saliu Adetunji / Osole Owo Toje Gbewa Pelu Alajo To Daju / Ohi Of Okene, HRH Isah Okatahi Holds Grand Reception Of His Coronation In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.