Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

*** DAYS OF VALOUR *** - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *** DAYS OF VALOUR *** (828 Views)

VALOUR: The Bravest (A Sci-fi) / 30 Days Of Poetry, Day8 "I Belong To Everybody, I Belong To Nobody" Pics Inside / 30 DAYS OF POETRY,DAY2 "If You Hear Say I Dey Prison" Pics Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*** DAYS OF VALOUR *** by Shadowbean(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are products of the author's imagination and used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons. Living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental. Copyright(c) 2015.
Re: *** DAYS OF VALOUR *** by Shadowbean(m): 12:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Inspired by The Flash, Dark Knight Returns and Spiderman 3.

iceadonis20(f), oludolao, PPAngel(f), titigold(f), illustrious(m), tabsyyy(f), HelenBee(f), sanshadon(m), Austeenx, Mosespaul(m), soopamom, Francheezy(m), arabmullar(m), blazingheart(f), Ameen56, laidemary, Kuzaku(m), AgboN1, candy(f), bhybhar, gentlelily(f), eusuph99, bamgbalaot(m), paschal1995(m), Larrynrlnd1(m), jumongpan(f), titanic1, frankyfipps(m), mzzkismet, Ulu45, taddat(m), amberacious, faith551(m), deleib(m), pabon(m), nikky2much, ibolomo(m), kitnah(f), Epistemology(f),

You are all welcome.
Re: *** DAYS OF VALOUR *** by Shadowbean(m): 12:13pm On May 02, 2015
Prologue

We all lived in harmony. It was the end of famine and hate, an age of discovery. Until one day.

Everything changed when the Entity took over as president. We thought it would end after four years. It showed it's worst when we voted it out. Heroic generals tried to attempt coups but they disappeared before anything happened.

Workers became slaves, working day and night without pay. Those who spoke out found themselves languishing in the darkest of dungeons.

The outside world refused to help us with the fear that the Entity would spread it's rule to them. That was when we took matters into our own hands. We became the last stand. We became the Resistance - Lady Selena

Anya was slowly losing it, her long black hair bounced as she struggled on the bed turning her head from side to side. She tried to push hard and release the pain welling inside her but only a weak moan escaped her lips as her maternity gown covered chest heaved up and down with sweat all over her face. David, her husband held her hand softly, serving as the string on which she held on to for life. His young face was now long with worry, even the grey dreadlocks on his head stood. David looked at a nearby screen processing ultrasound as he comforted her. Her womb was undergoing a lot of stress as the baby tried to push it's way out. Anya wasn't going to make it.

"I want to sleep, take care of our baby" said Anya as her lovely eyes began to close.

"I love you, for the sake of us, push on" Anya on hearing David clenched her teeth and muscled up with the last of her might.

David took the baby as soon as it was out. The baby cried, wriggling it's legs. Tears of joy formed on David's face as he looked at it. He had a son.

He heard two beeps from the pager on his wrist. He knew the resistance was calling. He remembered the suffering he went through when his father was killed just because he challenged the Entity. Since then, he had not looked back on his mission to bring down the tyrant. He wasn't going to let his son suffer that fate. The Resistance often used one beep for their gatherings. But two beeps meant it must be important. He handed over the baby to some attendants and left the ward. The metallic doors of an elevator chimed open and he walked in. He tapped a series of secret combinations on the dial. The doors closed. He found himself falling in space and within seconds he was inside an impervious bunker some hundred feet below sea level.

The oil lamps inside the place suddenly came alive, revealing the dim lit faces of over a dozen persons. In the middle was a bronze table with Bini carvings crafted into it. A woman wearing a pristine gown stood up to address him.

"Welcome, Brother David"

(1) (Reply)

CASSOCK MESS (A Tale Of The Sons Of Belial) / How I Wrote, Marketed And Sold My First Ebooks, And How You Can Do The Same. / Oau And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.