Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears (31393 Views)

Re-run Polls: INEC Disqualifies Fresh Candidates / INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About / BREAKING News: INEC NEW Chairman, Prof Nazim Mimiko From March 1, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Larriekay: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2015
helpee:
but which of the information given by the article do you disagree with? Why do you always attack anybody pointing out the flaws of the fraud INEC is about to conduct in the name of election. Isn't it obvious JEGA is skewing the electoral process to favour the north and thereby setting the tone for a massive post election litigation. This is not about scuttling elections....jega deserves his terminal leave abeg
u just told us u don't want card reader cos of ur rigging party. Too bad

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by authority2006(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2015
Smart card reader use is a must. The card reader will verify whether your card is real or cloned. The form is for those whose fingerprints cannot be read by scanner. The point still remains that smart card will have to authenticate your card. PDP has cloned cards nationwide, forget about the DSS noise concerning their raiding of APC party secretariat in Lagos.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2015
Incidence form will make nonsense of the PVC, because Incidence form will be used to vote with the clones. These are valid points. I think Jega has run out of ideas.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by authority2006(m): 10:04am On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
Incidence form will make nonsense of the PVC, because Incidence form will be used to vote with the clones. These are valid points. I think Jega has run out of ideas.
The two are different. You can't vote with cloned cards. And that's PDP headache.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by sherbol: 10:04am On Mar 08, 2015
will his terminal leave solve d problem at hand?
will his replacement perform magic within dis few days to election day?
dont we rather continue with d devil we no dan d angel we dont ve ideas abt?
helpee:
but which of the information given by the article do you disagree with? Why do you always attack anybody pointing out the flaws of the fraud INEC is about to conduct in the name of election. Isn't it obvious JEGA is skewing the electoral process to favour the north and thereby setting the tone for a massive post election litigation. This is not about scuttling elections....jega deserves his terminal leave abeg
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 08, 2015
[quote author=helpee post=31410394][/quote]

I didn't read it
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by katazozo: 10:08am On Mar 08, 2015
Okoro2015:
By the way APC started projecting themselves as the incoming government, sharing portfolios and allocations including oil wells. Their highly spirited defence of Jega et al, leaves no one in doubt that 'the hand in INEC's soup is no longer that of the human being we knew'.

GEJ should please do the needful. The expositions made by this article are so glaring to be ignored.
THE HANDWRITING IS BOLDLY WRITTEN ON THE WALL THAT JEGA IS DOING NORTHERN AGENDA.THIS IS PARTIALITY AT WORK BUT I BLAME GEJ FOR APPOINTING JEGA WHEN HE KNEW THAT HIS MAIN OPPOSITION IS A NORTHERNER.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by fasbat(m): 10:08am On Mar 08, 2015
helpee:
I know u re from south-east, kindly analyse d 2011 presidential election esp in south-east, u will see a deliberate move to give PDP over 92% of d votes even when we know how ibos treat electoral events in Nig? D truth is dt ,Inec explained dt d extra polling units created. then was on basis of population, how on earth u make comparison on state with 2m+ voters with less. than 1m voters in some instance, though INEC jettisoned d plan then, its on record dt a particular zone don't feel obliged to participate in national events, and its their traits, Northern region in time immemorial have shown without being indecent dt they make sacrifices when it concern election in ds country. D hue and cry now is sorely because d tide has changed significantly, Had GEJ be in good terms with Kano, sokoto, and some key northern state governors,I think all these apprehension will never arise, 2015 election shd be conducted with card readers and where ur biometrics are available but only ur fingers become an issue, u will be given a form so as to allow u vote, Case closed!!!!

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by dustmalik: 10:09am On Mar 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

Why were Kwankwanso, Tambuwal, Elrufai etc in PDP in 2011 and now in APC?
Use you God-given brain, you musn't be spoon fed all the time.
This clearly shows that you lack common sense. SMH.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by galadima77(m): 10:10am On Mar 08, 2015
i'm an advocate of change n that shouldnt prevent me from disagreeing wit d incidence form which kind of creates window of opportunity for riggers.

for those women wit tatoos, i think 3 weeks is enough for it to fade away if they must vote....they should be enlightened about that cos solving one problem and giving room for a bigger one isnt really the best of efficency.

we demand and insist on strict implementation of the card reader.

Nice observation by the OP but remember rigging and electoral malpractices isnt only by North alone.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by barbstee(m): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2015
Y ar ds ppl jst shoutn all abt,the incidence form wl only be issued whn d PO hs comfirmed that the person is d owner of d card and his name is on d register bt d card reader ddnt read d card (jst incase) and it cnt be as dt many @ all,and as for d woting points u cnt expect d north 2 av less because they av more registered voters than the south as for the readiness of INEC as @ feb 14 dt may be 2ru 2 some extent bt i stl bliv INEC can stl hld d electn then (my view though) and u cnt blame d opposition for saying d electn shd hld because dt ws wht hs bn communicated long ago.so ds ppl shd jst stop d noisw and face d real issue.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 08, 2015
authority2006:
The two are different. You can't vote with cloned cards. And that's PDP headache.
I think you should read the report again. It clearly states that INEC is introducing incidence form for those whose cards cant be parsed or finger prints not recognized. It means incidence forms can be used to accept fakes and clones. This is not about party, this is about not getting free and fair election. With Incidence Form, we are back to square one.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by tuniski: 10:13am On Mar 08, 2015
OgaTheTop2:
Pointless article. When Jonathan rigged the last election nothing do Jega, but now that its very glarring that Buhari will win the election saTANists and elements of chaos are shouting Jega this Jega that. God will punish and disgrace anyone that wants to put this country into tumor.

Jega or not it's Buhari all the way!
if the last election was rigged, get ready for same result you hear! Since gej victory is always going to be termed rigged by you and your bitter loser co travelers. Gej will be your president till 2019

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2015
tuniski:
if the last election was rigged, get ready for same result you hear! Since gej victory is always going to be termed rigged by you and your bitter loser co travelers. Gej will be your president till 2019
Ofcourse GEJ will win. Lagos march organized by Tinubu failed yesterday, people didnt turn up. AIT broadcast of the corruption of Tinubu has opened people's eyes.

Buhari was not even there, he has no energy to March. And cant win election in March.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by MrT2011(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
The aim of the above news article is clearly to discredit the INEC boss in order to set the stage for his replacement before the conduct of the elections. DOA.

Some people are just bent on scuttling the upcoming elections no matter what. Na wah o.

Was the mock election recorded a success?

Until mediocrity leaves multitude like you then Nigeria will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by authority2006(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
I think you should read the report again. It clearly states that INEC is introducing incidence form for those whose cards cant be parsed or finger prints not recognized. It means incidence forms can be used to accept fakes and clones. This is not about party, this is about not getting free and fair election. With Incidence Form, we are back to square one.

So, if we now jettison the use of card reader completely, how will that prevent the use of cloned cards? They still want the magic of 2011 presidential election, 98% voters turnout.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by franugo(m): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

Why were Kwankwanso, Tambuwal, Elrufai etc in PDP in 2011 and now in APC?
Use you God-given brain, you musn't be spoon fed all the time.

so because some people got tired of pdp n moved 2 apc, jega is now an apc supporting arse.ho.le Didn't some prominent people also decamp 2 pdp 4rm apc Ur reasoning is illogical n clearly clouded with bigotry
#IMHO
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by kingdodo1(m): 10:24am On Mar 08, 2015
hopilo:
Good article, unbiased assessment of the true situation. If we now allow use of INCIDENCE FORM for any PVC that is not verified by card reader, then all clone PVCs that will not pass the card reader will then be use via the INCIDENCE FORM for voting, then the party that can out rigged the other will win the elections. Is it free and fair?
dats true. d ringing element in d forth coming 2015 general election is d incidence form. it create rooms for inec presiding officers to collect bribe nd issue out d form.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 08, 2015
authority2006:
So, if we now jettison the use of card reader completely, how will that prevent the use of cloned cards? They still want the magic of 2011 presidential election, 98% voters turnout.
Your reasoning is dequeued. The report isnt biased. The report says we should NOT use incidence forms, and I am supporting this report that we should not use incidence form. Where did you read your assertions from ? If PVC is NOT working as we want. We should postpone election until we get everything right. Simple. Who ever is in a hurry to vote or be voted for, is NOT greater than Nigeria. Full Stop.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Icekyng: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2015
helpee:
Boss with all due respect... Your English grammar is classic bt let me put it in a Simple sentence for ur head to get it right
PDP ARE ALREADY HAVING COLD FEETS BECAUSE THE inec has made no way for thier rigging anymore
I feel ur fears too bt we Nigerians need change
Better return the money Pdp gave to u ND follow the moving train
Tnx boss!
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Icekyng:

Boss with all due respect... Your English grammar is classic bt let me put it in a Simple sentence for ur head to get it right
PDP ARE ALREADY HAVING COLD FEETS BECAUSE THE inec has made no way for thier rigging anymore
I feel ur fears too bt we Nigerians need change
Better return the money Pdp gave to u ND follow the moving train
Tnx boss!
You should learn to manage your emotion. Breath in and out. That being said, we are not in a hurry to conduct this election. Its best for this election to be free and fair. PVC must be used, and Incidence Form shouldnt be the means of introducing fraud. INEC should postpone this election until they get everything right. It is a free and fair election we want.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by dustydee: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2015
At the rate of 500 voters to each PU, an allocation of extra over 1,000 to those 11 states in the North is a guarantee for no fewer than over 5,500,000 voters more than the entire Southern Nigeria – mind you, the North West and the FCT surpass the whole of Southern Nigeria in the Jega-inspired magic. By the time you add the allocation to North-East and North-Central zones, daylight would enter the crookedness of the whole engagement because, when you allocate PUs to areas with supposedly less population and you allocate materials, you are merely conferring undue advantage.
This is the dumbest assumption I have read in recent times. If in doubt please ask questions. Of what use is your education if you cannot reason? In the writers assumption, PU's automatically translate to voters.
I will try to explain what INEC attempted to do.
Having realised that some polling units were "over loaded", INEC decided to create new ones based on the number of eligible voters. As things stand at the moment, there are states with smaller number of voters and smaller size that have more PU's than larger states. for example, Anambra has a total voter population of 1,963,173 and 4608 polling units giving an average of 426 voters per PU whereas Kaduna with 3,743,815 has 4607 PU's which is an average of 807 people per PU. Also note that Kaduna is larger in size than Anambra. This means that not only is it going to take longer to vote in Kaduna, voters also have to travel further than thier ANambra counterarts to be able to vote. It is unfortunate that this move was given an ethnic coloration. My problem with the move was the timing which was very wrong. It should have been done soon after the 2011 elections or left till after the 2015 general elections.

The first picture is the satellite image of Nziko, Nteje, in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra state. The second image, taken at the same resolution as the first, is of Narayi in Kaduna South Local Government Area, Kaduna.
Nziko is in Anambra, a state with the highest number of registered voters in the South East zone. Although under the new arrangement being proposed by INEC Anambra gets only 121 additional polling units, the 4,608 existing polling units and the total of 1,784,536 registered voters mean Anambra has the lowest polling unit congestion in the entire South East zone, an average of 377 voters-per-polling-unit.
As a matter of fact, Anambra is the third most convenient place to be a voter nationwide, under the new arrangements proposed by INEC.
The top three most convenient states to be a voter are:
1. Ekiti which has an average of 297 voters-per-polling-unit
2. Bayelsa which has an average of 307 voters-per-polling-unit
3. Anambra which has an average of 377 voters-per-polling-unit
Now, note that the top three most challenging places to be a voter are:
1. FCT which has an average of 507 voters-per-polling-unit
2. Kaduna which has an average of 500 voters-per-polling-unit
3. Plateau which has an average of 499 voters-per-polling-unit
Narayi is in Kaduna, the second most challenging place to be a voter nationwide. Even though Kaduna gets 2,384 additional polling units under the new arrangement being proposed by INEC, the 5,101 existing polling units and the total of 3,743,815 registered voters mean Kaduna still has the second highest polling unit congestion in the entire country, an average of 500 voters-per-polling-unit.
Please, note that for the 1,784,536 and 3,743,815 total number of registered voters in Anambra and Kaduna respectively, INEC has the fingerprints of at least four fingers for every single person numbered in those 1,784,536 and 3,743,815.
Those are Nigerians, who stood in the sun, waited and waited to register on the DDC machines, and INEC is working with hard data, not armchair speculation, not the history your parents told you about the 1962/1963 census, or what your older sister told you about the 1991 census, or what you witnessed yourself in 2006.
We are talking real, verifiable, biometric data. Please, young Nigerians, don’t listen to those old people who cannot count or divide except it is stolen money, who cannot tell a Twitter handle from a Twitter hashtag – they are still living in 1971, the year they turned 40.
If we listen to such people and allow them mislead us, it would be said of Nigeria that the elders ate sour grapes but it was the children’s teeth that were set on edge.
All calculations based on figures taken from the attachments to the press statement published on the INEC website.
Satellite imagery made at WANGONeT’s booths finder.
On 17 September, 2014, I made my personal verification trip to Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra state. My trip to Kaduna South Local Government Area of Kaduna state was made 24 September, 2014. From what I have seen on the ground, the arguments for the population density of both places is well supported.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Icekyng: 10:46am On Mar 08, 2015
Billyonaire:
You should learn to manage your emotion. Breath in and out. That being said, we are not in a hurry to conduct this election. Its best for this election to be free and fair. PVC must be used, and Incidence Form shouldnt be the means of introducing fraud. INEC should postpone this election until they get everything right. It is a free and fair election we want.
Bro, we cnt kp suffering, sweating and fake smiles when its upto us to make d change
And also if there is any reason y election shld nt hold yet, it shld be because PVC has nt bn fully distributed
In d case of free and fair, it depends on weda pdp will trespass or nt.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Bluepamex: 10:47am On Mar 08, 2015
katazozo:

THE HANDWRITING IS BOLDLY WRITTEN ON THE WALL THAT JEGA IS DOING NORTHERN AGENDA.THIS IS PARTIALITY AT WORK BUT I BLAME GEJ FOR APPOINTING JEGA WHEN HE KNEW THAT HIS MAIN OPPOSITION IS A NORTHERNER.
You are right,last week me and my cousin we were at the Abuja airport to board a flight back to ph,at the airport checking counter ,the security guys saw a bottle of fresh juice in my bag and force me to either drink it in their present or I drop it with them but when my cousin came with exactly the same juice and spoke hausa with them ,they permitted him to enter the departure hall with the juice.so I asked my cousin how come they allow you to get in with the juice,he said because he speak hausa with them ,their oga told them in hausa to let him go with the juice that he's one of them.
But I was forced to drop the same juice because I can't speak hausa,which means am not one of them.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by 989900: 10:53am On Mar 08, 2015
The INEC boss comes across as a man who means well. But as has been established, there is a world of difference between meaning – well and doing well.

The above describes GEJ.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by rottenegg: 10:58am On Mar 08, 2015
In other words....CR should be used, incident forms cancelled and Jega
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Collynzo9: 10:59am On Mar 08, 2015
franugo:

so because some people got tired of pdp n moved 2 apc, jega is now an apc supporting arse.ho.le Didn't some prominent people also decamp 2 pdp 4rm apc Ur reasoning is illogical n clearly clouded with bigotry
#IMHO
I hate arguing with dumb people, seriously.
You asked how Jega could 'suddenly' change position from 2011 and I gave you some examples of northerners who have changed position within the same period, they all have one agenda in mind - returning power to the north.

1 Like

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Collynzo9: 11:00am On Mar 08, 2015
dustmalik:

This clearly shows that you lack common sense. SMH.
Typical one-liner that comes from empty people.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by VolvoS60(m): 11:04am On Mar 08, 2015
undecided
Some of the issues raised in this piece are troubling. Very troubling.

INEC must explain and clarify these issues.One thing that is clear is that if the elections had held on February 14th as scheduled, we would have had a serious problem on our hands by now.

Jega and INEC need to sit up.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Asiri1991: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2015
This is a by-word of investigative journalism. Let the INEC do the needful. Thank God for the election postponement.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by ogene007: 11:10am On Mar 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
The aim of the above news article is clearly to discredit the INEC boss in order to set the stage for his replacement before the conduct of the elections. DOA.

Some people are just bent on scuttling the upcoming elections no matter what. Na wah o.
If this is what you can post after reading through this article, it then follows that you represent this criminal group that has colluded with unpatriotic elements within INEC to rig the elections.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Chigold101(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

which of the points raised in this writeup do u think is false?

I think INEC & the security agencies even civil societies should take a deeper look into the points and act accordinly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDA Attack: We Can’t Rule Out Insider Collaboration ― Lucky Irabor Declares / Aregbesola Congratulates Ademola Adeleke Osun West Senatorial By-Election Winner / Lagos Appoints MC Oluomo Parks Management Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.