Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears (31391 Views)

Re-run Polls: INEC Disqualifies Fresh Candidates / INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About / BREAKING News: INEC NEW Chairman, Prof Nazim Mimiko From March 1, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Breeze5000: 3:46am On Mar 09, 2015
helpee:
but which of the information given by the article do you disagree with? Why do you always attack anybody pointing out the flaws of the fraud INEC is about to conduct in the name of election. Isn't it obvious JEGA is skewing the electoral process to favour the north and thereby setting the tone for a massive post election litigation. This is not about scuttling elections....jega deserves his terminal leave abeg

BUHARI contested against GEJ in 2011 and GEJ won! They said it was the best Nigerian election ever! And it was Conducted by JEGA. Now the same JEGA is conducting this one and people are shaky, so what could be the reason since he has been tried, tested and came out with flying colors. The only Reason i see here is this.. "One out of every two people that voted GEJ in 2011 now wants CHANGE and has moved to Buhari's Conner, since this info became Public... JEGA has been accused of everything under the Sun" Otherwise what has changed? Same JEGA! Same INEC!.... If you say he wants to support his HAUSA Brother, then I ask... did he suddenly just realize Buhari is HAUSA? If you say he has been Compromised with MONEY, it means with Money he can be Compromised, which also means he was Compromised in 2011 and GEJ actually did not win that election, in other words he has been running an illegal government. So which is it?
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by hermesprogidy(m): 7:24am On Mar 09, 2015
BluStreak:

You may have some valid points but u failed to address the main bone of contention; the use of INCIDENT CARD. That singular move has rubbished all the years of work in preparation to conduct a free and credible election. What Nigerians want is a credible election. Previous elections may have been rigged no doubt simply because there basically isn't a mechanism to forestall rigging. But now that we have towed the line of CRs coupled with the huge investment simply to get it right, why creating a loophole?
I agree with you, the introduction of the incident card us indeed strange, I don't think INEC had that in their plans initially and it may just be a sign that jega may have started yielding to pressure. I don't claim to know it all, but the incident card smirks of ungodly pressure on jega. my grouse is with people who co me here and try to hoodwink Nigerians into thinking the govt shifted elections purely for unselfish reasons.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by hermesprogidy(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2015
BluStreak:

You may have some valid points but u failed to address the main bone of contention; the use of INCIDENT CARD. That singular move has rubbished all the years of work in preparation to conduct a free and credible election. What Nigerians want is a credible election. Previous elections may have been rigged no doubt simply because there basically isn't a mechanism to forestall rigging. But now that we have towed the line of CRs coupled with the huge investment simply to get it right, why creating a loophole?
I agree with you, the introduction of the incident card is indeed strange, I don't think INEC had that in their plans initially and it may just be a sign that jega may have started yielding to pressure. I don't claim to know it all, but the incident card smirks of ungodly pressure on jega. my grouse is with people who co me here and try to hoodwink Nigerians into thinking the govt shifted elections purely for unselfish reasons.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
How does author know so much about INEC state of preparedness and flaws with the card readers ?

I was almost taken in until it dawned on my that the whole deceptive article was to justify postponement of the elections.

Never !
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by BobNeli(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oklander:
All these INEC scrutinization hullabaloo did not occur in 2011, this was bcoz either by crook or whichever Jona and pdp were sure of victory then, its clear now that they are very very jittery, desperately looking for any tiny hole to shamefully feast on when they lose.
#Change!
Why not try and be logical in ur judgements and conclucsions. Assuming u are a judge in a law court, is this the way u'll be dismissing facts and arriving at baiased judgemental ratios? Lets try and help our IQs.
Re: 20 Days To Polls: INEC’s New Rule Sparks Rigging Fears by BobNeli(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Oklander:
All these INEC scrutinization hullabaloo did not occur in 2011, this was bcoz either by crook or whichever Jona and pdp were sure of victory then, its clear now that they are very very jittery, desperately looking for any tiny hole to shamefully feast on when they lose.
#Change!
Why not try and be logical in ur judgements and conclucsions. Assuming u are a judge in a law court, is this the way u'll be dismissing facts and arriving at baiased judgemental ratios? Lets try and help our IQs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Policeman Drinking & Smoking On Duty / NDA Attack: We Can’t Rule Out Insider Collaboration ― Lucky Irabor Declares / Lagos Appoints MC Oluomo Parks Management Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.